PDA

View Full Version : Gillespie

wildstangs
11-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Is losing his first game as Wildcat coach. Gardner-Webb up by 17 late in the game.

kepdawg
11-07-2007, 11:15 PM
It's his second game

Not a good way to start out though

Bull Butter
11-07-2007, 11:15 PM
Fire him.

JR2004
11-07-2007, 11:18 PM
Big Blue Nation is putting together a search committee to replace BCG as we speak. :)

Pretty embarrassing getting booed off your home court and getting blown out by Gardner-Webb, but Kentucky hasn't been Kentucky for awhile now. Gillispie has a bunch of work ahead of him to get them back to the top of the mountain. If anyone can do it though, it's him. They just need to get some more talented players in there that quit coming to UK towards the end of Tubby's tenure.

CHS_CG
11-08-2007, 01:02 AM
Look at what BCG did for A&M he turned around a basketball team and was getting things done the first year he was here.. I think he can get it done... even though I do have bitter feelings about him up and leaving A&M.

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 01:03 AM
Kentucky is not what they used to be. In a year or two BCG will have Kentucky back to the traditional form.

g$$
11-08-2007, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Kentucky is not what they used to be. In a year or two BCG will have Kentucky back to the traditional form.

I think he is getting what he deserves. But I promise you he has a young coed on speed dial & a drink in his hand.

BCG is known for that! I love women too, but let's just say he ventures out of his age bracket. Ask anyone who knows him.

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 01:13 AM
Is there a Mrs. BCG?

g$$
11-08-2007, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Is there a Mrs. BCG?

Divorced, no kids.

2 DWIs too. That is public now after the mess at A&M.

Not a good person but helluva coach.

(yes I know we all make mistakes, referring to some other things)

State_In_08
11-08-2007, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Divorced, no kids.

It's usually hard to get both qualities in the same person.

g$$
11-08-2007, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by State_In_08
It's usually hard to get both qualities in the same person.

True that.

There are a few out there though.

CHS_CG
11-08-2007, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Divorced, no kids.

i know somebody who works at TGIFridays in CS and says BCG would come in atleast once a week with different women.....and MUCH younger than he

g$$
11-08-2007, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
i know somebody who works at TGIFridays in CS and says BCG would come in atleast once a week with different women.....and MUCH younger than he

And the Tap, Outback, I could go on & on. BCG is a different dude in more ways than one. Some in the athletic dept. were happy he left before he really embarrassed the school thru his actions.

Seriously, I know this 1st hand. He did a great job as HC in basketball. I will stop there.

charlesrixey
11-08-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Big Blue Nation is putting together a search committee to replace BCG as we speak. :)

Pretty embarrassing getting booed off your home court and getting blown out by Gardner-Webb, but Kentucky hasn't been Kentucky for awhile now. Gillispie has a bunch of work ahead of him to get them back to the top of the mountain. If anyone can do it though, it's him. They just need to get some more talented players in there that quit coming to UK towards the end of Tubby's tenure.

yeah, i don't think this is his fault

but now he realizes it's going to be a tough road aho

jason
11-08-2007, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Divorced, no kids.

(yes I know we all make mistakes, referring to some other things) sounds like sour grapes to me...

time for the 'aggie nation' to get over it...

CHS_CG
11-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by g$$
And the Tap, Outback, I could go on & on. BCG is a different dude in more ways than one. Some in the athletic dept. were happy he left before he really embarrassed the school thru his actions.

Seriously, I know this 1st hand. He did a great job as HC in basketball. I will stop there.

i know that he enjoyed the hell outta his peronal time while here in aggieland... i was just waiting for a big scandal to come out

g$$
11-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by jason
sounds like sour grapes to me...

time for the 'aggie nation' to get over it...

Actually no, he did a great job & now glad he is gone. He is a different cat with some issues. I am glad Mark Turgeon is there & he has impeccable qualities as a coach & human being. He played at Kansas & in the NBA. He comes from the Roy Williams/Carolina coaching tree. I think he can build on what BCG started.

Not sour grapes at all. Glad to be moving forward.