PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Poll

g$$
10-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Who you got?

No clear leader this year - lots of guys grouped together.

Matt Ryan, qb, Boston College
Tim Tebow, qb, Florida
Darren McFadden, rb, Arkansas
Chris Hart, rb, Michigan
Colt Brennan, qb, Hawaii
Andre Woodson, qb, Kentucky

others...

I say Matt Ryan right now, but Tebow & others may have something to say about it. McFadden may be the most talented in the end.

DE Chris Long may be the best player in college football too (Virginia, Howie's son).

Talk about it...

Also, I vote Coach Fran for Coach of the Year too!! ;) lol

Old Tiger
10-26-2007, 02:57 PM
This one is worse than the year Eric Crouch won it.

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Who you got?

Tim Tebow, qb, Florida
Chris Hart, rb, Michigan
Colt Brennan, qb, Hawaii

others...

I say Matt Ryan right now, but Tebow & others may have something to say about it. McFadden may be the most talented in the end.

DE Chris Long may be the best player in college football too (Virginia, Howie's son).

Talk about it...

MIKE HART! Not CHRIS!:mad:

:D

rangerjoe33
10-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Either Tebow or Ryan...based on big game success I would say Ryan right now.

KTJ
10-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Woodson - Kentucky
Ryan - BC
Tebow - UF
Dixon - Oregon
Hart - Michigan

thewyliefan
10-26-2007, 03:38 PM
i say tebow and ryan in the clear lead right now and after ryans come back with 2 mins left agisnt va tech hes prolly just a hair over tebow for it at this time

big daddy russ
10-26-2007, 04:34 PM
I don't see the Heisman the same way the rest of the media sees it. I'm looking for the best player period, not the best player on the best team.

BUT, I also look at which guy improves his entire team more than anyone else. So this is what my ballot looks like right now. Nobody else is even on my radar.

1. Andre Woodson, QB Kentucky (The over/under on games the Wildcats would've won if Woodson wasn't in Lexington would be somewhere between one and two. Yeah, they lost to Florida, but then again, they lost to Florida. It's going to take a lot for anyone else to trump his win over LSU.)

2. Glenn Dorsey, DT LSU (Nobody in America is playing better football right now. He turns a good Tigers' defense into one of the best in the past five years. As good as LSU is, it lives and dies by its defense, and that defense revolves around Dorsey.)

3. Matt Ryan, QB Boston College (Reminds me a lot of former ACC QB Philip Rivers. Not in his mechanics, but in the way he carries his team. BC can beat anyone on any given night because this kid lines up under center.)

...and then there's everyone else.

Snydertigersrul
10-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Who you got?

Tim Tebow, qb, Florida
Chris Hart, rb, Michigan
Colt Brennan, qb, Hawaii

others...

Talk about it...

Will Clay, Snyder

DDBooger
10-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

2. Glenn Dorsey, DT LSU (Nobody in America is playing better football right now. He turns a good Tigers' defense into one of the best in the past five years. As good as LSU is, it lives and dies by its defense, and that defense revolves around Dorsey.)
:clap:

g$$
10-26-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
MIKE HART! Not CHRIS!:mad:

:D

My bad on Hart - I was thinking about typing Chris Long & screwed up. Glenn Dorsey is a hoss no doubt. Dennis Dixon at Oregon could open some more eyes vs. USC Saturday.

It's wide open for sure. BC's Matt Ryan reminds me of Matt Schaub (UVA/Texans) but Ryan has a stronger arm.

And I can't even spell Heisman today!

NDFootball
10-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
i say tebow and ryan in the clear lead right now and after ryans come back with 2 mins left agisnt va tech hes prolly just a hair over tebow for it at this time

you're just biased...ryan is more than hair right now...or should be anyways taken into the fact that tebow is just a sophomore and has two losses on his record...

TEBOW GROUPIE:mad:

charlesrixey
10-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Tebow is a great player and he has played against much tougher competition

florida just isn't as good as they were last year on defense, no surprisingly

thewyliefan
10-27-2007, 01:27 AM
yea sorry there ndfootball, its not my fault notre dame cant put antying together to get Jimmy Clausen the trophy, but wait he got benched right:)

and im not tebow groupie you know ive always liked florida so shove it!!!

but back to what matters, charlesrixey is right about tebow being a better player w/ a not so hot D. the trophy goes to the best overall player, not the best team. that trophy goes to the national champs.

Emerson1
11-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Man last years heisman was terrible

Through 10 games

Completion %, Troy Smith 66.7, Todd Beockman 65.8
YPG, Smith 200.6, Beockman 196.5
TD/INT, Smith 22/3, Beockman 23-8

Both 10-0 and Beockman's name hasn't even been mentioned

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 06:51 PM
GLEN DORSEY - best player in the nation. Heisman Trophy is supposed to go to the best player in college football. Not the best offensive player.

g$$
11-07-2007, 06:52 PM
1. Darren McFadden
2. Dennis Dixon
3. Matt Ryan
4. Tim Tebow (just a soph)
5. Chris Long / Glenn Dorsey

...my 2 cents

McFadden is the best player in the country IMO.

bigron15
11-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Dixon from oregon. plays a much tougher schedule than the others. gets no love because he is on the west coast. ESPN loves the east coast players

Stownhorse
11-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Should have made this a poll.

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 06:54 PM
1. Glen Dorsey
2. Dennis Dixon
3. Darren McFadden

The others do not matter.

bigron15
11-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Mcfadden is done in the heisman race

g$$
11-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
Dixon from oregon. plays a much tougher schedule than the others. gets no love because he is on the west coast. ESPN loves the east coast players

I like Dixon, but are you saying McFadden does not play the big boys in the rugged SEC?

District303aPastPlayer
11-07-2007, 06:58 PM
1. Dixon
2. Tebow (he's still the best player of the year)
3. Run D-MC

g$$
11-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Mcfadden is done in the heisman race

NO he is not. Put up 321 yds. last week to set a record in the SEC vs. South Carolina. Runner-up last year remember. Far from out of it. If he does well the rest of the way (even on mediocre team), he wins it.

LSU is the big game for him. Still the favorite to me. Dixon is too new to the race but great player.

bigron15
11-07-2007, 06:59 PM
i didnt say that. the SEC is the toughest conference. the running back from Georgia is doing better than Mcfadden of late

District303aPastPlayer
Who Ya Got

Old Tiger
Originally posted by g$$
NO he is not. Put up 321 yds. last week to set a record in the SEC vs. South Carolina. Runner-up last year remember. Far from out of it. If he does well the rest of the way (even on mediocre team), he wins it.

LSU is the big game for him. Still the favorite to me. Dixon is too new to the race but great player. It was 323 yards and only tied an SEC record, get your facts straight. McFadden will fall off the map by the time the conference title rolls around and Arkansas isn't playing in it.

bigron15
11-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
It was 323 yards and only tied an SEC record, get your facts straight. McFadden will fall off the map by the time the conference title rolls around and Arkansas isn't playing in it.

i think he has already fallen off the map IMO

g$$
11-07-2007, 07:05 PM
It was 323 yards and only tied an SEC record, get your facts straight. McFadden will fall off the map by the time the conference title rolls around and Arkansas isn't playing in it.

Excuse me, off by 2 yds. Point is the same. Crucify me!

He will win it I believe. He does not have to play in the SEC Title Game to prove anything. His body of work over time is pretty impressive. Georgia's Moreno is a fine back but not McFadden.

In fact, playing on a team that cannot throw much at all helps him because he has to carry the load along with Jones.

It is best player in country, not best player on best team. At least that is what it is supposed to be. He wins it with a good showing vs. LSU, win or lose.

Colt has about 15 picks Go Blue - is he in it too! ;)

g$$
11-07-2007, 07:06 PM
i think he has already fallen off the map IMO

I'll remember that one come announcement time next month!

bigron15
11-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Excuse me, off by 2 yds. Point is the same. Crucify me!

He will win it I believe. He does not have to play in the SEC Title Game to prove anything. His body of work over time is pretty impressive. Georgia's Moreno is a fine back but not McFadden.

In fact, playing on a team that cannot throw much at all helps him because he has to carry the load along with Jones.

It is best player in country, not best player on best team. At least that is what it is supposed to be. He wins it with a good showing vs. LSU, win or lose.

Colt has about 15 picks Go Blue - is he in it too! ;)

im tellin you he has fallen off the map he is a good back but not heisman material.

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Colt has about 15 picks Go Blue - is he in it too! ;) Best player in the country is Glen Dorsey. Averaging around 5 tackles a game for a DT is amazing and he is just a force in the middle.

Why turn this into a UT bash thread? Grow up.

lakers
11-07-2007, 07:10 PM
The clear pick as of right now would be Dennis Dixon of Oregon. He is making a lot of play up in Oregon...

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Glen Dorsey

As a defensive tackle he is averaging over 5 tackles a game and is a force in the middle.

Although it will be an offensive player that will win this poll and the Heisman because they are more marketable than a DT.

g$$
11-07-2007, 07:11 PM
im tellin you he has fallen off the map he is a good back but not heisman material.

Care to wager? That is crazy talk you will regret buddy!

He was the runner-up last year to Troy Smith.

Will also be a top 5 pick in NFL Draft too. He's that good & explosive. Very similar to Adrian Peterson & look what he is doing on Sundays. Powerful & speed to burn.

District303aPastPlayer
11-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Glen Dorsey

As a defensive tackle he is averaging over 5 tackles a game and is a force in the middle.

Although it will be an offensive player that will win this poll and the Heisman because they are more marketable than a DT.

He's not the best lineman in teh country... Chris Long and George Selvie both come to mind as 1a and 1b.

bigron15
11-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Care to wager? That is crazy talk you will regret buddy!

Will also be a top 5 pick in NFL Draft too. He's that good & explosive. Very similar to Adrian Peterson & look what he is doing on Sundays. Powerful & speed to burn.

how dare you compare him to AD. he ran with wreckless abandon. Mark my words... DARREN MCFADDEN WILL NOT WIN THE HEISMAN!

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
He's not the best lineman in teh country... Chris Long and George Selvie both come to mind as 1a and 1b. They are the best defensive ends in the country. As a whole Dorsey is the best defensive tackle and lineman in the country and is likely going to be the best NFL prospect in the upcoming draft.

big daddy russ
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
He's not the best lineman in teh country... Chris Long and George Selvie both come to mind as 1a and 1b.
Selvie's fallen off a bit since the beginning of the year, but Long's an absolute stud. Still, I chose Dorsey. He reminds me a lot of Zack Peterson from that '01 Sinton team. He frees the rest of the defense up to do whatever they want.

lakers
Dennis Dixon...

He is having one hell of a year...

g$$
11-07-2007, 07:14 PM
how dare you compare him to AD. he ran with wreckless abandon. Mark my words... DARREN MCFADDEN WILL NOT WIN THE HEISMAN!

I said similar (not exact), & McFadden will win the Heisman if he finishes strong. Mark it down. LSU game is the big one for him.

bigron15
11-07-2007, 07:16 PM
i like glen dorsey but how can you win the heisman and not play the full season. he has been hurt too much

District303aPastPlayer
can we get these two combined... im having trouble keeping up with both Heisman threads

g$$
1. Darren McFadden
2. Dennis Dixon
3. Matt Ryan
5. Chris Long / Glenn Dorsey (defensive studs)

...my 2 cents

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 07:19 PM
i like glen dorsey but how can you win the heisman and not play the full season. he has been hurt too much

Got hurt against Auburn on a cheap shot.
http://www.youtube.com/v/vqiLlOybz9s&rel=1

Saw him play last week and the knee got banged up but he came back in and showed heart and desire. True competitor!

lakers
11-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Man last years heisman was terrible

Through 10 games

Completion %, Troy Smith 66.7, Todd Beockman 65.8
YPG, Smith 200.6, Beockman 196.5
TD/INT, Smith 22/3, Beockman 23-8

Both 10-0 and Beockman's name hasn't even been mentioned

huh... never heard of him....:thinking:

lakers
11-07-2007, 07:21 PM

Saw him play last week and the knee got banged up but he came back in and showed heart and desire. True competitor!

OUCH!!! That was definitley a high- low block...

bigron15

yea but they will never give the heisman to him

District303aPastPlayer
Originally posted by lakers
huh... never heard of him....:thinking:

game manager of the Ohio State offense...

The D on that team is amazing

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Also in the game where he tweaked his knee again he still looked damn impressive.

bigron15
11-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by g$$
1. Darren McFadden
2. Dennis Dixon
3. Matt Ryan
5. Chris Long / Glenn Dorsey (defensive studs)

...my 2 cents

Darren McFadden will not win the Heisman this year!

save this post

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Another player that is worth mentioning as a defensive player in the Heisman race is James Laurinaitis out of Ohio State. That guy is a STUD!

District303aPastPlayer
11-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Another player that is worth mentioning as a defensive player in the Heisman race is James Laurinaitis out of Ohio State. That guy is a STUD!

Little Animal...

lakers
11-07-2007, 07:24 PM

save this post

i agree with u. the team he is on is not winning enough games..

g$$

save this post

Done!

bigron15

i agree. its also cool that his dad was a wrestler lol

District303aPastPlayer

save this post

check my sigline

Old Tiger
i agree. its also cool that his dad was a wrestler lol His dad wore shoulder pads too!

http://www.davemillicanbelts.com/Large7/RoadWarriors.jpg

g$$
11-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by lakers
i agree with u. the team he is on is not winning enough games..

Best player in college football - not best player on best team. In theory anyway the way it is supposed to be.

sweetwater07
11-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Dixon is a beast

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Best player in college football - not best player on best team. In theory anyway the way it is supposed to be. At RB Kevin Smith out of UCF is more deserving of the Heisman than McFadden.

He has 6 more TD's than McFadden and 100+ more yards.

lion75
11-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Boliver Dan Shagnastee

bigron15
11-07-2007, 07:43 PM
At RB Kevin Smith out of UCF is more deserving of the Heisman than McFadden.

and he plays at UCF where they play teams like who?

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Neither Smith's team nor McFadden's is in a run for the conference title or national title so they are technically in the same boat.

eagles_victory
11-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Neither Smith's team nor McFadden's is in a run for the conference title or national title so they are technically in the same boat. not the same boat bc McFadden is running against much tougher competition

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
not the same boat bc McFadden is running against much tougher competition Both are good prospects for the next level though ;)

bigron15
11-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Neither Smith's team nor McFadden's is in a run for the conference title or national title so they are technically in the same boat.

it doesnt matter if they are in a run for anything. it matters if they are the best in the country. u cant tell me that McFadden is the best in the country

SUPERMANN5107
11-07-2007, 09:31 PM

It actually was 321 yards. 323 would have broken the SEC record:)

g$$
11-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by SUPERMANN5107
It actually was 321 yards. 323 would have broken the SEC record:)

Take that Go Blue - better get your facts straight!

McFadden wins it folks if he shows well down the stretch, esp. vs. LSU.

g$$
11-07-2007, 09:55 PM
and he plays at UCF where they play teams like who?

He torched TEXAS if I recall, had well over 100 yds.! Texas had to recover an onsides kick that game too for the close win.

Big Papa
11-07-2007, 09:57 PM
i think dennis dixon should win it...but he probablywont....the guys only lost one game this year and that was because he wr lost the ball at the one foot line...he has played great all year and has lead his team to a great record with several big wins...and he has pretty good stats

g$$
11-07-2007, 09:57 PM
At RB Kevin Smith out of UCF is more deserving of the Heisman than McFadden.

Yeah right genius, compare C-USA to the SEC. Smith laced your Horns though, & is a good back who will play on Sundays.

Big Papa
11-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Yeah right genius, compare C-USA to the SEC. Smith laced your Horns though, & is a good back who will play on Sundays.

touchy much

g$$
11-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
touchy much

Depends on who is around!

Stownhorse
11-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
Either Tebow or Ryan...based on big game success I would say Ryan right now.

You and Wyliefan are smokin dope. Tebow has been alright and the only big play matt ryan has had was the come back against Va Tech.

eagles_victory
11-08-2007, 12:10 AM
I said Dennis Dixon since the win over Michigan. I dont see how people can say Chris Long and Glenn Dorsey to win it as a defensive player you have to dominate the game completly and show why you are the best player in the country. Long has 12 sacks in 10 games thats a far cry from domination. Dorsey hasnt put much up in his games either

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 12:16 AM
I said Dennis Dixon since the win over Michigan. I dont see how people can say Chris Long and Glenn Dorsey to win it as a defensive player you have to dominate the game completly and show why you are the best player in the country. Long has 12 sacks in 10 games thats a far cry from domination. Dorsey hasnt put much up in his games either DT's are pluggers not sack getters. Dorsey averages over 5 tackles a game and that is amazing for a DT

bigron15
11-08-2007, 12:59 AM
i would be willing to say that McFadden is out of the heisman race.

g$$
11-08-2007, 01:02 AM
i would be willing to say that McFadden is out of the heisman race.

Then you are willing to be wrong.

Watch & see.

g$$
11-08-2007, 01:08 AM
I said Dennis Dixon since the win over Michigan. I dont see how people can say Chris Long and Glenn Dorsey to win it as a defensive player you have to dominate the game completly and show why you are the best player in the country. Long has 12 sacks in 10 games thats a far cry from domination. Dorsey hasnt put much up in his games either

Have you seen Long & Dorsey play? Do you know teams scheme just for them? Do you know how highly NFL scouts think of both?

You cannot just say "x amount of sacks" etc. Those guys are beasts. And 12 sacks in 10 games vs. constant double teams is VERY impressive. That is crazy talk. Dorsey is dominating on one leg right now too.

They won't win the Heisman but will be in the hunt for every major defensive award. Outland, Lombardi, Bednarik, etc.

Come on, know the game.

bigron15
11-08-2007, 01:11 AM
McFadden hasnt been consistantly great all year. Dixon has. Dixon should win but idk if he will because all the writers LOVE matt ryan bbut dixon is the most complete quarterback and field general

g$$
11-08-2007, 01:35 AM
McFadden hasnt been consistantly great all year. Dixon has. Dixon should win but idk if he will because all the writers LOVE matt ryan bbut dixon is the most complete quarterback and field general

I like Dixon too.

Right behind McFadden. Being runner-up last year helps him with name appeal & we'll see how he finishes. Also take into account his team. Makes his #s even more impressive - they have no passing attack to speak of at ARK.

State_In_08
11-08-2007, 01:37 AM
I like Dixon. I don't know how good the Ducks would be without him as their leader.

I wonder how much love he'll get in the draft.

bigron15
11-08-2007, 01:38 AM
Dixon handles the ball every snap. he can make things happen with his arm along with his legs. it doesnt matter what he did last year. this isnt the heisman award for 06-07. its the heisman for 07. nobody will remember what he finished last year when they vote

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by State_In_08
I like Dixon. I don't know how good the Ducks would be without him as their leader.

I wonder how much love he'll get in the draft. Dixon is accurate but I don't think he has a very strong arm mixed with an unorthadoxed delivery at his height. He'll be a 3rd-5th rounder

bigron15
11-08-2007, 01:40 AM
Dixon is accurate but I don't think he has a very strong arm mixed with an unorthadoxed delivery at his height. He'll be a 3rd-5th rounder

but remember...thats what they said about vince young

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 01:43 AM
but remember...thats what they said about vince young Vince was an efficient passer too but Vince had more zip on his passes than Dixon does. WOW Dixon is taller than I thought he was. Dixon's arm reminds me of Chris Leaks.

State_In_08
11-08-2007, 01:46 AM
Got any idea what Dixon runs in the 40?

bigron15
11-08-2007, 01:48 AM
Vince was an efficient passer too but Vince had more zip on his passes than Dixon does.

very true. but no mobile quarterback has every done good in the NFL other than Donovan McNabb. at least he is the only one i can think of

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 01:49 AM
Dennis Dixon is the 5th rated QB right now in the draft.

Says his forty is a 4.5

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 01:50 AM
very true. but no mobile quarterback has every done good in the NFL other than Donovan McNabb. at least he is the only one i can think of Hall of Famer Randall Cunningham ;)

bigron15
11-08-2007, 01:52 AM
i thought about him but i was refining the canidates to primarily mobile quarterbacks. i really dont remember him playing on the account that i was sooo small but i have seen some footage and he was very good with his feet

State_In_08
Dennis Dixon is the 5th rated QB right now in the draft.

Says his forty is a 4.5

His stock could improve depending on what he runs in the combine or his pro day. He will have to prove his arm is up to par to be a QB though. I'm sure he would not have any trouble being a wideout though.

g$$
Dixon handles the ball every snap. he can make things happen with his arm along with his legs. it doesnt matter what he did last year. this isnt the heisman award for 06-07. its the heisman for 07. nobody will remember what he finished last year when they vote

Oh yes they do - I listened to a voter on the radio today say just that. It's the benefit of the doubt thing.

McFadden will finish no lower than 2nd barring a collapse, & I think he wins it.

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by State_In_08
His stock could improve depending on what he runs in the combine or his pro day. He will have to prove his arm is up to par to be a QB though. I'm sure he would not have any trouble being a wideout though. 40 means nothing for him at the combine to improve his stock he must improve his arm strength and accuracy, not so much accuracy.

State_In_08
11-08-2007, 01:55 AM
40 means nothing for him at the combine to improve his stock he must improve his arm strength and accuracy, not so much accuracy.

I'm saying if they decide to try and make him a WR. The only opinions I've heard on his arm so far tell me he isn't going to cut it as a QB.

bigron15
11-08-2007, 01:55 AM
40 means nothing for him at the combine to improve his stock. His stock will improve only through passing.

without looking at his height, i think they will pull and eric crouch and stick him at wideout. maybe a utility player like randel-el was at pittsburg

g$$
11-08-2007, 01:56 AM
Hall of Famer Randall Cunningham ;)

Nice try, know you're kidding, but Cunningham was a fine player. Just not HOF quality.

Mobile qbs:

Fran Tarkenton (HOF)
Randall Cuningham
Mike Vick (to some extent)
Donovan McNabb
Vince Young (but passing #s are horrible right now as I predicted)
etc.

Game has evolved to where mobility is a must almost. There are exceptions, but very few statues anymore.

bigron15
11-08-2007, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Nice try, know you're kidding, but Cunningham was a fine player. Just not HOF quality.

Mobile qbs:

Fran Tarkenton (HOF)
Randall Cuningham
Donovan McNabb
etc.

Game has evolved to where mobility is a must almost. There are exceptions, but very few statues anymore.

michael vick was left off because he had no team success and vince was left off because it is just his second year so you cant just anoint him

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by g$$

Mobile qbs:

Fran Tarkenton (HOF)
Randall Cuningham
Donovan McNabb
etc.

Game has evolved to where mobility is a must almost. There are exceptions, but very few statues anymore. He should be though ;). Kind of broke the barrier for that breed of QB.

g$$
11-08-2007, 02:00 AM
michael vick was left off because he had no team success and vince was left off because it is just his second year so you cant just anoint him

I am no Vick fan, but he did take Atlanta to the playoffs & won at Green Bay his 1st or 2nd year. That is not entirely accurate.

VY has a long ways to go as a passer. He has taken a step back this year. Even his running #s are down as he is trying to stay in the pocket more. Titans' defense is winning games for them right now without question.

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 02:01 AM
Vince needs some wide receivers and that should help his numbers also.

g$$
11-08-2007, 02:02 AM
He should be though ;). Kind of broke the barrier for that breed of QB.

NOT a HOF

Hall of Fame, not Hall of Very Good.

There were mobile qbs before him too (like Tarkenton), he just took it to a new level with arm strength & running.

bigron15
11-08-2007, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by g$$
I am no Vick fan, but he did take Atlanta to the playoffs & won at Green Bay his 1st or 2nd year. That is not entirely accurate.

i knew he won a playoff game but thats it. vince had some nice numbers last year. y would he try to stay more in the pocket. if it aint broke then dont fix it

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by g$$
NOT a HOF

Hall of Fame, not Hall of Very Good.

There were mobile qbs before him too (like Tarkenton), he just took it to a new level with arm strength & running. Steve Young....;)

bigron15
11-08-2007, 02:04 AM
Tony Romo:D

g$$
11-08-2007, 02:06 AM
Vince needs some wide receivers and that should help his numbers also.

Yes, but that is not all of it. His decision making & accuracy are just not very good right now. I told you this before the Draft that year. He must prove he can put the ball in tight spaces & windows. Arm strength is not in question.

Accuracy is, which is the most important thing for a passer anyway. I think he will improve but will never be a top-notch passer. You can't just run in the NFL vs. sophisticated defenses with speed all over the field.

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Yes, but that is not all it. His decision making & accuracy are just not very good right now. I told you this before the Draft that year. He must prove he can put the ball in tight spaces & windows. Arm strength is not in question.

Accuracy is, which is the most important thing for a passer anyway. I think he will improve but will never be a top-notch passer. You can't just run in the NFL vs. sophisticated defenses with speed all over the field. Vince is accurate that is what the scouts liked about him. His accuracy is there but it seems his decision making is off as you have said. I've seen Vince squeeze the ball into some tight windows.

His completion % comparison
2006 - 51.5
2007 - 61.6

He is showing improvement in completing the ball but he has made bad decisions also. He has been hurt this year too which puts a damper on things.

bigron15
11-08-2007, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Yes, but that is not all of it. His decision making & accuracy are just not very good right now. I told you this before the Draft that year. He must prove he can put the ball in tight spaces & windows. Arm strength is not in question.

Accuracy is, which is the most important thing for a passer anyway. I think he will improve but will never be a top-notch passer. You can't just run in the NFL vs. sophisticated defenses with speed all over the field.

g$$ sounds like he could go be the titans QB coach lol

g$$
11-08-2007, 02:09 AM
i knew he won a playoff game but thats it. vince had some nice numbers last year. y would he try to stay more in the pocket. if it aint broke then dont fix it

NO he did not. He had more picks than TD passes. He is a winner no doubt. But his passing #s were very avg.

He is trying to develop as a passer. They don't want him running all the time because he will get HURT. That is why.

Good call on Steve Young Go Blue. Definitely on the list & a great player.

bigron15
11-08-2007, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by g$$
NO he did not. He had more picks than TD passes. He is a winner no doubt. But his passing #s were very avg.

He is trying to develop as a passer. They don't want him running all the time because he will get HURT. That is why.

Good call on Steve Young Go Blue. Definitely on the list & a great player.

whoa dont bite off my neck. i didnt say that he should run all the time. see tony romo. he throws better on the run. vince should just make ppl open with his legs. his legs will buy him time. to throw the ball

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 02:12 AM
whoa dont bite off my neck. i didnt say that he should run all the time. see tony romo. he throws better on the run. vince should just make ppl open with his legs. his legs will buy him time. to throw the ball Sam Hurd is better than any of the Titans WR's and he is 3rd string on the Cowboys ;)

eagles_victory
11-08-2007, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Have you seen Long & Dorsey play? Do you know teams scheme just for them? Do you know how highly NFL scouts think of both?

You cannot just say "x amount of sacks" etc. Those guys are beasts. And 12 sacks in 10 games vs. constant double teams is VERY impressive. That is crazy talk. Dorsey is dominating on one leg right now too.

They won't win the Heisman but will be in the hunt for every major defensive award. Outland, Lombardi, Bednarik, etc.

Come on, know the game. yes i have seen both play and both are great players. When did I ever say they werent good players? When did i ever say they weren't "beast"? When did I say anything about NFL scouts? I just said they havent done enough to win the heisman which you agreed but in usual g$$ fashion you have to take something out of context

g$$
11-08-2007, 02:13 AM
g$$ sounds like he could go be the titans QB coach lol

Just stating fact. It's not brain surgery. He will improve but he still makes bad decisions. Accuracy is a question Go Blue - completion % is skewed when you dump balls off a lot. Look at yds. per completion, INTs, etc. He is struggling as a passer throwing the ball down the field.

David Carr had a high completion % in Houston & he stinks!

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Just stating fact. It's not brain surgery. He will improve but he still makes bad decisions. Accuracy is a question Go Blue - completion % is skewed when you dump balls off a lot. Look at yds. per reception, INTs, etc. He is struggling as a passer throwing the ball down the field.

David Carr had a high completion % in Houston & he stinks! Hard to throw the ball down field when none of your receivers can get open down field. Face it his best WR is a 3 or 4 on any other team.

bigron15
11-08-2007, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Just stating fact. It's not brain surgery. He will improve but he still makes bad decisions. Accuracy is a question Go Blue - completion % is skewed when you dump balls off a lot. Look at yds. per reception, INTs, etc. He is struggling as a passer throwing the ball down the field.

David Carr had a high completion % in Houston & he stinks!

you cant thow the ball and be the one catching it. in other words not one person can do it all except vince in college. you have to have people to catch the ball and tenn. doesnt have any

g$$
11-08-2007, 02:19 AM
Hard to throw the ball down field when none of your receivers can get open down field. Face it his best WR is a 4th stringer on any other team.

And whose fault is that? They need WRs no doubt, but they are still NFL WRs. Cop-out to blame it all on that.

VY has work to do to be a competent NFL passer. His will & athleticism are his strengths. Titans are winning with defense.

Like 2 weeks ago: VY had 42 yds. passing & less than 20 rushing. That is less than 60 total yds. from the qb position. And they won the game! Defense like I said.

bigron15
11-08-2007, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by g$$
And whose fault is that?

its not vince youngs fault i cant tell you that

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 02:21 AM
How is it a cop out? Eric Moulds is the only decent receiver on that team and like I said he is a 3 or 4 on any other team. Also Moulds is 34 years old.

It is the front offices fault. They let some better receivers go than the ones they have now(Bennett & Wade). IMO they'll make some moves in the off-season to get him some weapons.

g$$
11-08-2007, 02:22 AM

You inferred they are NOT dominant players above. That is false.

Sorry if you took what I said that way. I was simply stating their case as great players. Of course they won't win the Heisman. Last defensive player to win was Charles Woodson (& he returned punts & played some WR too).

bigron15
11-08-2007, 02:25 AM
well we need to stop talkin about past heisman canidates and talk about the ones for this year (even though it was my fault for getting us offtrack). Mc Fadden wont win. Dixon or Ryan will win. Tebow is too young to win it (the case of adrian peterson a few years ago).

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 02:27 AM
Vince could be receiving a heisman :D

Depends on this Reggiegate thing :D

Vince should have won it anyway.

g$$
How is it a cop out? Eric Moulds is the only decent receiver on that team and like I said he is a 3 or 4 on any other team. Also Moulds is 34 years old.

It is the front offices fault. They let some better receivers go than the ones they have now(Bennett & Wade). IMO they'll make some moves in the off-season to get him some weapons.

Moulds got cut by Houston, enough said. TEs are good though. Kerry Collins threw the ball well when VY was hurt. Can't put it all on that. Their best offensive game came when VY was out. Houston's defense is middle of the pack in the NFL & Collins lit them up.

VY will improve, just saying he has a long ways to go.

Completion % is like batting avg. in baseball. Much better stat is on base % for baseball players (actually OPS is the best). Simply looking at completion % is very deceiving, just like batting avg.

eagles_victory
Originally posted by g$$
You inferred they are NOT dominant players above. That is false.

Sorry if you took what I said that way. I was simply stating their case as great players. Of course they won't win the Heisman. Last defensive player to win was Charles Woodson (& he returned punts & played some WR too). i think its just a matter of what i define as dominant. To me domination is being everywhere and making plays all over the field and having your named called out several times for making plays. (i realize thats next to impossible on the d-line) But ill give you that these guys are game changers offenses have to plan for stopping them. I was not slighting either guy as a player just stating their not heisman contenders which the thread is about

g$$
11-08-2007, 02:29 AM
well we need to stop talkin about past heisman canidates and talk about the ones for this year (even though it was my fault for getting us offtrack). Mc Fadden wont win. Dixon or Ryan will win. Tebow is too young to win it (the case of adrian peterson a few years ago).

When McFadden places in top 2, I hope you will post again! All in fun anyway.

g$$
11-08-2007, 02:31 AM
i think its just a matter of what i define as dominant. To me domination is being everywhere and making plays all over the field and having your named called out several times for making plays. (i realize thats next to impossible on the d-line) But ill give you that these guys are game changers offenses have to plan for stopping them. I was not slighting either guy as a player just stating their not heisman contenders which the thread is about

Gotcha.

bigron15
11-08-2007, 02:32 AM
dont worry. i didnt say that he wouldnt get top 2. i said he wouldnt win. what would keep me from posting?

g$$
11-08-2007, 02:36 AM
dont worry. i didnt say that he wouldnt get top 2. i said he wouldnt win. what would keep me from posting?

Just joking around. Didn't mean anything by it.

You said he was out of the race though - so how could he get top 2 then in your eyes?

bigron15
11-08-2007, 02:38 AM
my opinion is that he SHOULD be out of the race but that may not be the opinion of the people that acctually count

g$$
11-08-2007, 03:27 AM
McFadden is far from out of the race. He will be in NY for the ceremony.

bigron15
11-08-2007, 03:30 AM
we will just have to see...but you will realize it when you are wrong that you have to man up and say that mcfadden didnt win the heisman like you said he would. i will hold you to it

Stownhorse
11-08-2007, 03:30 AM
We get it.

g$$
11-08-2007, 03:40 AM
we will just have to see...but you will realize it when you are wrong that you have to man up and say that mcfadden didnt win the heisman like you said he would. i will hold you to it

That's fine. I am not betting on this in Vegas.

But, while I think he will win it, more importantly I think he will finish in top 2. That was my original prediction. Hold me to whatever you wish.

bigron15
11-08-2007, 03:42 AM
i wanted to get u to say that he will win so i could put that in my sig and show it to you when he loses

bigron15
11-08-2007, 03:42 AM
and if he wins...i will have my fair share of crow

gatordaze
11-08-2007, 08:36 AM
He15man= Tebow!

bigron15
11-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
He15man= Tebow!

they guys around him make him look good.