PDA

View Full Version : Bond Passed for Sweetwater

bigron15
11-07-2007, 06:17 PM
The $10 million bond for Sweetwater past at nearly 3-1. The paper says that we will be demolishing one of our older buildings and building up a new one. I wonder how much money will make it over to THE Mustang Bowl?

Stownhorse
11-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
The $10 million bond for Sweetwater past at nearly 3-1. The paper says that we will be demolishing one of our older buildings and building up a new one. I wonder how much money will make it over to THE Mustang Bowl?

Could be a little could be alot. Depends on who is heading it.

bigron15
11-07-2007, 06:38 PM
idk who is heading it but my guess is that THE Mustang Bowl wont be left out

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
idk who is heading it but my guess is that THE Mustang Bowl wont be left out

Yeah, I'm sure some of those funds will be appropriated for the Bowl or fieldhouse.

nobogey72
11-08-2007, 06:59 AM
I don't know how you could improve on the best high school stadium in the world. I know that there are some bigger, jumbotrons, etc. but there is not a better atmosphere for my money anywhere for HS football. Before all you REG 3 and 4 guys start jumping my ass, I know I haven't seen them all, I just wanted to throw the Sweetwater posters a bone. BTW- A friend of mine sent me some UT propaganda on Kendal Carrillo walking on and making the team as a RB at UT. Is this true?

nobogey72
11-08-2007, 07:01 AM
Oh yeah, I thought of something that I forgot to say (probably due to some of my habits in an earlier life), I would love to see them put seats in the endzones of Mustang Bowl where there is just cement. That would be unbelievable.

STANG RED
11-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Oh yeah, I thought of something that I forgot to say (probably due to some of my habits in an earlier life), I would love to see them put seats in the endzones of Mustang Bowl where there is just cement. That would be unbelievable.

Not needed very often though. Id rather see stadium seating installed where bleachers are now. But I have seen a playoff game or two where all the concrete areas were completely full, and people still standing 2 and 3 deep around the fences.
Thats when it gets really fun!

Sweetwater Red
11-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Here's a link. I told a Vernon poster that the whole ten million
was going on the bowl. I think he believed me.:doh: :D

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/view/57126/60/

Sweetwater Red
11-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Not needed very often though. Id rather see stadium seating installed where bleachers are now. But I have seen a playoff game or two where all the concrete areas were completely full, and people still standing 2 and 3 deep around the fences.
Thats when it gets really fun!

I wonder if we're gonna host any 5A play-off games again this
year.:thinking:

bigron15
11-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

i would guess so. we have the past 2 years havent we? it has been a whole year and my memory isnt that good

Stownhorse
11-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I don't know how you could improve on the best high school stadium in the world. I know that there are some bigger, jumbotrons, etc. but there is not a better atmosphere for my money anywhere for HS football. Before all you REG 3 and 4 guys start jumping my ass, I know I haven't seen them all, I just wanted to throw the Sweetwater posters a bone. BTW- A friend of mine sent me some UT propaganda on Kendal Carrillo walking on and making the team as a RB at UT. Is this true?

Yea nobogey, go look on their roster on the UT site. I talked to him this past weekend and he was tellin me that he was just playing on scout team but he suits up on saturdays.

STANG RED
11-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

I went to the Bowl a year or two back when one of the Midland teams meet a DFW team in the playoffs. Was expecting to see something really special. I was very dissapointed in the turnout. Sweetwater has more crowd travel for a meaningless pre-district game than either of those teams had there for a playoff game.:(