PDA

View Full Version : Giddings State Title Chances

giddingsblazer2
11-07-2007, 06:10 PM
so i'm just wondering what everyone thinks of giddings chances at actually making a run and winning state this year????

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 06:28 PM
where is the maybe option?

Stownhorse
11-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
where is the maybe option?

just pick no chance at all lol

JR2004
11-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Looks like "No Chance At All" may win this poll.

Cameron Crazy
11-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Looks like "No Chance At All" may win this poll. look like that to me also. ;)

88bobcats
11-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Best of luck to Giddings, but they'll have to play "lights-out" defense to compensate for the one-dimensional offense.

Rattlesnake_08
11-07-2007, 10:04 PM
I think Giddings would win it if they went D1, but I don't see that happening. I think Giddings has too tough of a road to the title going D2, but I sure am rooting for them to do it.

BrahmaMom
11-07-2007, 10:09 PM
I hope Giddings has a long run in the play-offs, would love to see them represent our district. They spanked Bellville, no doubt, but I am not sure they can take State unless their defense is stronger than what we saw (plenty for us, state-bound, not so sure). GO BUFFS!

buff4life
11-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
I hope Giddings has a long run in the play-offs, would love to see them represent our district. They spanked Bellville, no doubt, but I am not sure they can take State unless their defense is stronger than what we saw (plenty for us, state-bound, not so sure). GO BUFFS!

i'm stayin out of this thread, but thanks for the support Brahma mom...

lakers
11-07-2007, 10:22 PM
i dont think that they can pull it off...:p

20FAN07
11-07-2007, 10:44 PM
I havent seen giddings play this year and just know of them and about them because of previous playoff meets. Giddings has a good team it sounds like but everyone can be beat on any given night. Its hard to say their fate in the playoffs, aswell as others. There are alot of power teams in d2 as of now, which could change in future district games. Waco la vega WOS Giddings Cuero and plenty more great teams. Its hard to predict this not only becasue i root for WOS and well we all know rd 2 everytime is WOSv.Giddings but yeah.... of course im a lil' bias by i think who ever wins the WOSv.Giddings game will make it to the semi's atleast. Please refresh my memory on the giddings loss last yr, what round was it and it was to liberty hill correct?
But yeah it's gunna be another interesting year to state.

pirate4state
11-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by 20FAN07
I havent seen giddings play this year and just know of them and about them because of previous playoff meets. Giddings has a good team it sounds like but everyone can be beat on any given night. Its hard to say their fate in the playoffs, aswell as others. There are alot of power teams in d2 as of now, which could change in future district games. Waco la vega WOS Giddings Cuero and plenty more great teams. Its hard to predict this not only becasue i root for WOS and well we all know rd 2 everytime is WOSv.Giddings but yeah.... of course im a lil' bias by i think who ever wins the WOSv.Giddings game will make it to the semi's atleast. Please refresh my memory on the giddings loss last yr, what round was it and it was to liberty hill correct?
But yeah it's gunna be another interesting year to state. Agreed. They met in the region finals and LH won.

sabre1
11-07-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by giddingsblazer2
so i'm just wondering what everyone thinks of giddings chances at actually making a run and winning state this year????

You should know better to put a poll like this on this website, because there is a lot of Giddings haters here. Besides whoever reads this website all think that their team is going to win state.

Every one is better off waiting the five or six weeks to see who wins it.

kepdawg
11-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by sabre1
You should know better to put a poll like this on this website, because there is a lot of Giddings haters here. Besides whoever reads this website all think that their team is going to win state.

I don't hate Giddings

I don't think any of the 4 schools I went to are going to win state

Stownhorse
11-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I don't hate Giddings

I don't think any of the 4 schools I went to are going to win state

I see eye to eye with you on that.

RdaleBoi08
11-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Chance If They Go D2...Giddings Couldnt Hang With Gilmer In D1!

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by RdaleBoi08
Chance If They Go D2...Giddings Couldnt Hang With Gilmer In D1! D2 has more quality teams than d1 in region III.

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-07-2007, 11:46 PM

Yeah cause right now it could be anyone, it just depends on who comes to play on game night.

48minutes
11-08-2007, 09:31 AM

Stupid thread in my opinion, what were you expecting to get out of this?

I agree with sabre1

RattlerDude
11-08-2007, 09:48 AM
I think Giddings could win whether they are in D1 or D2. Brock Fitzhenry does what he has to do to assure victory. He can be held down a little, but not completely. If not him then Shane Jenke will run it and gain at least five yards on you every time. I really don't know if anyone will be able to stop Giddings in the playoffs. Their defense also seems to be playing excellent seeing how they held a very good running back in Xavier Canto to only 73 yards.
Rather than looking at the hard schedule for Giddings in the playoffs, ya'll might want to look at the hard schedule for those who have to play Giddings in the playoffs. I am more worried for the other teams rather than Giddings. The way I see it, the earlier you play Giddings in the playoffs, the earlier you start playing basketball. I'm from Navasota, but we won't play Giddings anymore so Go Giddings! Win State!

48minutes
11-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
I think Giddings could win whether they are in D1 or D2. Brock Fitzhenry does what he has to do to assure victory. He can be held down a little, but not completely. If not him then Shane Jenke will run it and gain at least five yards on you every time. I really don't know if anyone will be able to stop Giddings in the playoffs. Their defense also seems to be playing excellent seeing how they held a very good running back in Xavier Canto to only 73 yards.
Rather than looking at the hard schedule for Giddings in the playoffs, ya'll might want to look at the hard schedule for those who have to play Giddings in the playoffs. I am more worried for the other teams rather than Giddings. The way I see it, the earlier you play Giddings in the playoffs, the earlier you start playing basketball. I'm from Navasota, but we won't play Giddings anymore so Go Giddings! Win State!

Thanks for the support!

Darren
11-08-2007, 10:04 AM

Agreed ...

I'm staying out of this.

Runnin Panther
11-08-2007, 11:13 AM
For Giddings of win state in D2 they will have to beat:

La Vega which they barely squeaked by last year. Not sure they can do it again.
If Giddings makes it to state, I don’t know if they can beat Celina. Celina has a hell of a defense. To beat Celina, Giddings would have to have more than one or two weapons on offense.
Not to mention they would have to get passed WOS and Cuero, neither will be easy.

For Giddings of win state in D1 they will have to beat:

Giddings beat LIBERTY HILL…NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

If by some miracle they made it to state they would have to beat:
Royse City, Gilmer or Abilene Wylie: Don’t think they can.

IF Giddings does win state in either division they will have my respect because they will definitely have earned it.

TripleH
11-08-2007, 11:15 AM
I think slim and none and slim just left town.:devil:

Texasfootball2
11-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08
I think Giddings would win it if they went D1, but I don't see that happening. I think Giddings has too tough of a road to the title going D2, but I sure am rooting for them to do it.

So your automatically saying that Cuero, Diboll, Celina, Rio Hondo, Kirbyville, Vernon, Graham, Snyder, and Waco LaVega are all better teams than.....

*Libery Hill, *Royce City, *Gilmer, *Abilene Wylie, Ingleside, Hondo, and Canyon.

Your are completely out of touch with reality. The only big difference is that you have to win one more game to be D2 champs than to be D1 champs, but other than that I think if you took a legitimate poll from people who are not bias, four of the states top seven team RIGHT NOW! (TODAY) are in Div 1.

*The four I'm referring to are those with the ***

Ranger Mom
11-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Besides whoever reads this website all think that their team is going to win state.

That's a pretty broad statement.....I don't think my team is going to win state.

Thanks for thinking for me though!!;) ;)

pirate4state
11-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That's a pretty broad statement.....I don't think my team is going to win state.

Thanks for thinking for me though!!;) ;)

haha well hell Sinton still has a shot! :p

kepdawg
11-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
So your automatically saying that Cuero, Diboll, Celina, Rio Hondo, Kirbyville, Vernon, Graham, Snyder, and Waco LaVega are all better teams than.....

*Libery Hill, *Royce City, *Gilmer, *Abilene Wylie, Ingleside, Hondo, and Canyon.

Your are completely out of touch with reality. The only big difference is that you have to win one more game to be D2 champs than to be D1 champs, but other than that I think if you took a legitimate poll from people who are not bias, four of the states top seven team RIGHT NOW! (TODAY) are in Div 1.

D1
Needville, Jasper, Liberty Hill, Ingleside, Gilmer

D2
Sealy, West Orange Stark, Waco La Vega, Diboll, Cuero, Celina

Which one do you think is easier?

buff4life
11-08-2007, 11:52 AM
D1

D2

oo ooo pick meee....
DI

Texasfootball2
11-08-2007, 11:56 AM
D1

D2

Throw Ab. Wylie and Royce City into the D1 mix and I would say D1.

Only three of the D2 teams you listed are in most polls top ten. Four of the teams I listed in D1 are in most polls top ten, and Ingleside and Rio Hondo make the top ten in some polls. And "SEALY", They wouldn't even make the playoffs in some districts much less pose a serious playoff threat.

wtxfootball08
11-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther

If Giddings makes it to state, I don’t know if they can beat Celina. Celina has a hell of a defense. To beat Celina, Giddings would have to have more than one or two weapons on offense.
Not to mention they would have to get passed WOS and Cuero, neither will be easy.

IF Giddings does win state in either division they will have my respect because they will definitely have earned it.

Well Liberty Hill would be the Obstacle along with Gilmer
But i think in D1 it will be Gilmer and Liberty Hill grinding it out..

Texasfootball2
11-08-2007, 11:59 AM

Go post Panther man:thumbsup:

kepdawg
11-08-2007, 12:00 PM

Only three of the D2 teams you listed are in most polls top ten. Four of the teams I listed in D1 are in most polls top ten, and Ingleside and Rio Hondo make the top ten in some polls. And "SEALY", They wouldn't even make the playoffs in some districts much less pose a serious playoff threat.

AW and RC are irrelevant if Gilmer knocks them off

Giddings can only play one of those teams

The teams I listed would be the most likely path of the actual teams Giddings would play

Texasfootball2
11-08-2007, 12:01 PM
AW and RC are irrelevant if Gilmer knocks them off

Giddings can only play one of those teams

The teams I listed would be the most likely path of the actual teams Giddings would play

My point is that all three, AW,RC, and Gilmer are all teams that I think would be Giddings. So it does't matter which one makes it.

pirate4state
11-08-2007, 12:04 PM

Well, like it or not SEALY IS in the playoff hunt! Whether or not they pose a threat is still to be determined!

kepdawg
11-08-2007, 12:05 PM
My point is that all three, AW,RC, and Gilmer are all teams that I think would be Giddings. So it does't matter which one makes it.

I too think all 3 would beat Giddings

But I think D2 is a harder path for them

Texasfootball2
11-08-2007, 12:13 PM
I too think all 3 would beat Giddings

But I think D2 is a harder path for them

Well at least we agree on something:clap:

One thing that makes the D2 road tougher is because 16 teams instead of 8 in their bracket, even though the D1 brackett in region 3 is no cake walk and has some good teams nobody is talking about.

Carthage 7-2
Needville 7-2
Navasota 7-2 (if they win this weekend)
Splendora 6-3

Don't forget top ranked LH.

Runnin Panther
11-08-2007, 12:28 PM
I agree that D2 is statically harder. D2 has to play one more game with twice as many teams playing for the top spot.

But the question was can Giddings win state. Not which path is harder. Quantity is not relevant, it only take one team to knock you out. With that being said D1 is every bit as hard as D2. Maybe harder!

Texasfootball2
11-08-2007, 12:32 PM
I agree that D2 is statically harder. D2 has to play one more game with twice as many teams playing for the top spot.

But the question was can Giddings win state. Not which path is harder. Quantity is not relevant, it only take one team to knock you out. With that being said D1 is every bit as hard as D2. Maybe harder! :clap: :thumbsup: :D

Agree

kepdawg
11-08-2007, 12:34 PM

But the question was can Giddings win state. Not which path is harder. Quantity is not relevant, it only take one team to knock you out. With that being said D1 is every bit as hard as D2. Maybe harder!

So somebody missed the conversation within the conversation

Quantity is relevant

There are more teams in Giddings D2 path that can beat them than there are teams in Giddings D1 path that can beat them

And Giddings gets to the teams that can beat them sooner in D2 than in D1

You can't win the state championship without getting there

big daddy russ
11-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Agreed ...

I'm staying out of this.
Yeah, this is a lose/lose situation for the Giddings posters who respond.

Honestly, I think Giddings has a shot. They're obviously a good team, but luck plays such a huge role in this game. Some teams just match up great against others, some teams get easy roads through the playoffs, and some just lose because of the way the ball bounced.

Giddings has a tough row to hoe. Region III is the toughest in the state, with its depth of quality teams. But once they make it though, they may face an equally tough team out of R4, then play R1 or (and this is the biggie) R2. Gilmer and RC look tough.

Giddings has the talent, but there are so many other things that come into play. That's why it's better to say that Giddings has a better shot at winning the state title than most other teams.

Texasfootball2
11-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Yeah, this is a lose/lose situation for the Giddings posters who respond.

Honestly, I think Giddings has a shot. They're obviously a good team, but luck plays such a huge role in this game. Some teams just match up great against others, some teams get easy roads through the playoffs, and some just lose because of the way the ball bounced.

Giddings has a tough row to hoe. Region III is the toughest in the state, with its depth of quality teams. But once they make it though, they may face an equally tough team out of R4, then play R1 or (and this is the biggie) R2. Gilmer and RC look tough.

Giddings has the talent, but there are so many other things that come into play. That's why it's better to say that Giddings has a better shot at winning the state title than most other teams.

Good post Big Daddy. No matter how good you are you have to have some luck on your side to win it all. The fact that you have to win one more game in D2 makes your chance slimmer, but I think everyone would agree that once you get to the semi's in either division, it's basically a toss up and one Lucky bounce in your favor is usually the difference.

Rattlesnake_08
11-08-2007, 12:48 PM

No, I am not.

Giddings wouldn't have to play all those teams in the first few rounds of the playoffs though in D1.

Panther One
11-08-2007, 12:53 PM
The region III D2 winner will also likely be facing Cuero in the semis, unless someone like Rio Hondo can upset the Gobblers. If it is Cuero, that's still going to be a tough matchup for whoever wins region III, so that makes getting to state in DII that much harder. Last year, Robinson beat Ingleside 62-21 in the DI semis. That was the most points and the most lopsided victory Robinson had all year.

It would be interesting for Celina to have to go through a bracket like region III D2. They've almost got a free pass to state again this year. It doesn't look like they'll face a serious challenge until the state semis. If Giddings were in their position, I'd say the Buffs would be playing for a state title.

Texasfootball2
11-08-2007, 12:53 PM
No, I am not.

Giddings wouldn't have to play all those teams in the first few rounds of the playoffs though in D1.

Correct,

We've been talking about the fact that there are twice as many teams in the D2 brackett and that you have to win one more game. More teams :hand: not necessarily tougher teams, just more of them.

Texasfootball2
11-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
The region III D2 winner will also likely be facing Cuero in the semis, unless someone like Rio Hondo can upset the Gobblers. If it is Cuero, that's still going to be a tough matchup for whoever wins region III, so that makes getting to state in DII that much harder. Last year, Robinson beat Ingleside 62-21 in the DI semis. That was the most points and the most lopsided victory Robinson had all year.

It would be interesting for Celina to have to go through a bracket like region III D2. They've almost got a free pass to state again this year. It doesn't look like they'll face a serious challenge until the state semis. If Giddings were in their position, I'd say the Buffs would be playing for a state title.

Your right about Celina. I don't know if it will play to their advantage though. Playing easy games can come back to haunt you at the end.

Rattlesnake_08
11-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Correct,

We've been talking about the fact that there are twice as many teams in the D2 brackett and that you have to win one more game. More teams :hand: not necessarily tougher teams, just more of them.

It just seemed to be (by looking at the projections) that Giddings would have an easy first coyple of rounds in D1 rather than D2.

ronwx5x
11-08-2007, 01:28 PM
I have seen Giddings play 3 times this year and Celina once. Based on what I saw, the Celina defense can handle Giddings' offense. I enjoy watching Giddings (I drove quite a long way to all three games) but Celina's defense is much larger and they also have the offensive weapons to beat the Buffs.

Much has been made of Giddings' "one dimensional offense", however I can tell you they have more than one very good offensive player. Celina versus either Navasota or Caldwell would have been brutal. And by the way, Celina's is a running game.

I have not seen Liberty Hill, Gilmer, Royse City or any of the other top teams, so no I have real means of comparison except records and reputations.

Texasfootball2
11-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I have seen Giddings play 3 times this year and Celina once. Based on what I saw, the Celina defense can handle Giddings' offense. I enjoy watching Giddings (I drove quite a long way to all three games) but Celina's defense is much larger and they also have the offensive weapons to beat the Buffs.

Much has been made of Giddings' "one dimensional offense", however I can tell you they have more than one very good offensive player. Celina versus either Navasota or Caldwell would have been brutal. And by the way, Celina's is a running game.

I have not seen Liberty Hill, Gilmer, Royse City or any of the other top teams, so no I have real means of comparison except records and reputations.

What do you consider "driving quite a long ways" to be?

Just curious:hand: Not poking fun at you in any way:D

Panther One
11-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Giddings' "one dimensional offense" is not a knock on the talent as much as it is on how the talent is used. The Buffaloes have other weapons. They just aren't utilized as much.

And I'd be careful before making claims about Celina's defense. Most people thought they'd shut down our running game, too. But when you put that many guys that close to the line of scrimmage, you run the risk of giving up big plays, and that's just what we did. I have a feeling Giddings' could find a way to crack that 10-1 defense, too, and they definitely have the speed to take it to the house. I also think the Buff's defense can hold Celina down, too.

This arguement is kind of pointless right now, though.

ronwx5x
11-08-2007, 01:51 PM
What do you consider "driving quite a long ways" to be?

Just curious:hand: Not poking fun at you in any way:D

I live in The Woodlands, just north of Houston. I drove to Wimberley (3+ hours), Giddings (almost 2 hrs), and Navasota (only an hour). Having grown up in west Texas, this is short. Just "quite a long ways" now!

Texasfootball2
11-08-2007, 01:54 PM
I live in The Woodlands, just north of Houston. I drove to Wimberley (3+ hours), Giddings (almost 2 hrs), and Navasota (only an hour). Having grown up in west Texas, this is short. Just "quite a long ways" now!

Being from West Texas then you have a good idea about traveling to athletic events.:D

ronwx5x
11-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Giddings' "one dimensional offense" is not a knock on the talent as much as it is on how the talent is used. The Buffaloes have other weapons. They just aren't utilized as much.

And I'd be careful before making claims about Celina's defense. Most people thought they'd shut down our running game, too. But when you put that many guys that close to the line of scrimmage, you run the risk of giving up big plays, and that's just what we did. I have a feeling Giddings' could find a way to crack that 10-1 defense, too, and they definitely have the speed to take it to the house. I also think the Buff's defense can hold Celina down, too.

The reference to "one-dimensional" was to what others have stated on this board, not my personal opinion. In fact I said in my previous post that Giddings certainly has other weapons than Brock.

Not sure what you mean by being "careful". Like most posters, I'm just voicing an opinion and that happens to be mine, based on having personally seen both Giddings and Celina this year. Have you? Celina certainly doesn't use only a 10-1 defense. In fact they usesd it sparingly in the game I saw (versus Pilot Point).

Last years game between LH and Celina has nothing to do with my post. I stated up front that I have not seen LH play. And by the way, Celina has speed on both offense and defense. Again I have no ax to grind and certainly am not a "homer" to either team.

ronwx5x
11-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Being from West Texas then you have a good idea about traveling to athletic events.:D

I grew up in Ozona and played football all four years of high school. Our closest game was Sonora, a paltry 36 miles. We also played Rankin (11 man then), McCamey, Menard, and Sanderson and thought nothing of the drive.

RattlerDude
11-08-2007, 02:06 PM

Do you mean that Navasota or Caldwell would have been beaten badly or that Celina would have been beaten badly by Navasota or Caldwell?

kepdawg
11-08-2007, 02:11 PM

Don't compare the running games of LH 06 and Giddings 07

Giddings isn't close to what LH was

ronwx5x
11-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Do you mean that Navasota or Caldwell would have been beaten badly or that Celina would have been beaten badly by Navasota or Caldwell?

I'm sure you are being facetious since I have already given my humble opinion about Giddings vs. Celina and Giddings has already beaten both Caldwell and Navasota. I saw both those games, by the way. And it is still only my opinion. As stated before, I believe Celina could defeat Giddings, so it stands to reason I also believe Celina could most likely handle either Caldwell or Navasota.

Keep in mind, I have no personal part in either team. I just enjoy good football.

RattlerDude
11-08-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm sure you are being facetious since I have already given my humble opinion about Giddings vs. Celina and Giddings has already beaten both Caldwell and Navasota. I saw both those games, by the way. And it is still only my opinion. As stated before, I believe Celina could defeat Giddings, so it stands to reason I also believe Celina could most likely handle either Caldwell or Navasota.

Keep in mind, I have no personal part in either team. I just enjoy good football.

No, I am not being "facetious." I just didn't fully understand your post so chill out with your humble opinions

State_In_08
11-08-2007, 02:28 PM
I think if they went D1, they'd have a good chance, but since thats not going to happen (the only way it would is if La Grange beats us Friday... thats not going down.) they have to go through a whole bunch of tough teams. They can do it, but it'll be really hard.

RattlerDude
11-08-2007, 02:32 PM

Chill out. Liberty Hill probably had more good people to run the ball but I don't think they could run like Fitzhenry.

buff4life
11-08-2007, 02:32 PM

kep you underestimate...

not saying we are, but you can't base that on one game...i saw a few LH games last year and some games they running game looked awesome and others it looked mediocre...

but there's only one way to prove you wrong, win...

kepdawg
11-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Chill out. Liberty Hill probably had more good people to run the ball but I don't think they could run like Fitzhenry.

And that's why they won

They were better than Fitz

buff4life
11-08-2007, 02:34 PM
yes they as a team were better than fitz, but we have OTHER talent too...

but this seems to be all but a pointless argument with you trying to change your opinion...

so agree to disagree...lol

RattlerDude
11-08-2007, 02:37 PM
And that's why they won

They were better than Fitz

Fitzhenry did get injured in that game.

pirate4state
11-08-2007, 02:39 PM

That game is so last year. All these other scenarios are wishful thinking at this stage.

kepdawg
11-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
yes they as a team were better than fitz, but we have OTHER talent too...

but this seems to be all but a pointless argument with you trying to change your opinion...

so agree to disagree...lol

There's one way to change my opinion

It can't be done by a poster

That's the great thing about it all

Runnin Panther
11-08-2007, 03:00 PM

I am so sick of hearing this. This has to be the most worn out topic on this message board.

Fitzhenry going out had NO BEARING ON THE OUTCOME OF THAT GAME!!!!!!

End of story get over it. This is a new year with new opportunites for everyone. May the best team win!

leecofans
11-08-2007, 03:28 PM
I am so sick of hearing this. This has to be the most worn out topic on this message board.

Fitzhenry going out had NO BEARING ON THE OUTCOME OF THAT GAME!!!!!!

End of story get over it. This is a new year with new opportunites for everyone. May the best team win!

I agree that this topic should be left alone - especially because if Fitzhenry was playing for any of the other teams discussed here, they would be touting his talents and rooting for him to run the field just exactly like the Giddings supporters are. Give the KID a break - he is, after all, going on scholarship to UT, or are they just handing those things out for free nowadays?:rolleyes:

GreenMachine
11-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by leecofans
I agree that this topic should be left alone - especially because if Fitzhenry was playing for any of the other teams discussed here, they would be touting his talents and rooting for him to run the field just exactly like the Giddings supporters are. Give the KID a break - he is, after all, going on scholarship to UT, or are they just handing those things out for free nowadays?:rolleyes: I don't know if the scholarships are free, but I hear the "get out of jail" cards are :D

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I don't know if the scholarships are free, but I hear the "get out of jail" cards are :D
ROFL! That is FUNNY!!!!!! :D

leecofans
11-08-2007, 05:24 PM
I don't know if the scholarships are free, but I hear the "get out of jail" cards are :D

touche!;)

IHStangFan
11-08-2007, 07:56 PM
I don't know if the scholarships are free, but I hear the "get out of jail" cards are :D LMAO!! oh man!

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
11-11-2007, 08:58 PM
no chance, they wont get by sealy, very close game but sealy wins by 7

zebrablue2
11-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE

nice dream thought for the tigers, but get real. giddings by a bunch. sealy is a year away from your dream thought.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE

Lets see, A team that did not make the play-offs beat Sealy 35-7, that team gets beat big by Giddings. My vote would have to go to Giddings.

lhpantherdad
11-12-2007, 01:43 AM
As long as there are no "imaginary cheap-shots" on Fitzhenry, they might make it...but only if they don't get any real competition. Their weak schedule always seems to give them and the poll writers a false sense of greatness. Win or lose, Giddings needs to do it with class and quit whining about last year.

scotty
11-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Been told by someone who knows football as good as Dock and Fitzhenry are, and they are good, what makes the Buffs go is their offensive line. They are apparently very good.

GreenMachine
11-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Not saying that Giddings can't do it, but they better strap it up cause there is a lot of tough teams in the lower half of Div 2. I agree with someone that said whoever comes out of the lower bracket of Div 2, has definitely earned it :thumbsup:

buff4life
11-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by lhpantherdad
As long as there are no "imaginary cheap-shots" on Fitzhenry, they might make it...but only if they don't get any real competition. Their weak schedule always seems to give them and the poll writers a false sense of greatness. Win or lose, Giddings needs to do it with class and quit whining about last year.

your kidding right? No one whines about last year, its yalls insistence on bringing it up and making it look like it, and who did LH play that was so great besides Cuero? Waco Midway, a team on Giddings schedule even though you probably didn't know that, could beat Cuero, and only lost to Copperas Cove by 3.

buff4ever
11-12-2007, 02:29 PM
your kidding right? No one whines about last year, its yalls insistence on bringing it up and making it look like it, and who did LH play that was so great besides Cuero? Waco Midway, a team on Giddings schedule even though you probably didn't know that, could beat Cuero, and only lost to Copperas Cove by 3.

Caldwell no slouch either.

Funny massey ratings showed our schedule to be toughter than all but a few shedules out there????

buff4life
11-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Team W L Rating Power Offense Defense Sched
Gilmer 9 0 2.456 (1) 59.94 (1) 60.26 (1) 22.02 (5) 21.02 (32)
Celina 9 0 2.333 (2) 56.71 (2) 53.45 (2) 25.59 (1) 21.22 (29)
Giddings 8 0 2.048 (3) 47.42 (3) 45.05 (13) 24.71 (2) 26.24 (8)
La Vega 9 0 2.007 (4) 47.17 (4) 48.25 (6) 21.26 (6) 20.78 (36)
Liberty Hill 8 0 1.964 (5) 45.95 (5) 51.18 (3) 17.11 (14) 23.95 (14)
Royse City 9 0 1.798 (6) 42.50 (7) 48.14 (7) 16.70 (17) 16.83 (72)

This one looks like Giddings schedule is tougher...

GreenMachine
11-12-2007, 03:07 PM
your kidding right? No one whines about last year, its yalls insistence on bringing it up and making it look like it, and who did LH play that was so great besides Cuero? Waco Midway, a team on Giddings schedule even though you probably didn't know that, could beat Cuero, and only lost to Copperas Cove by 3. So you are saying that since ya'll beat Waco Midway and they could "surely" beat us, that ya'll could too? You may get the chance to try. We'll have our hands full and ya'll will too, just trying to get there.

buff4life
11-12-2007, 03:21 PM
So you are saying that since ya'll beat Waco Midway and they could "surely" beat us, that ya'll could too? You may get the chance to try. We'll have our hands full and ya'll will too, just trying to get there.

no i'm not saying we could surely beat yall...I'm sayin Waco Midway compares to yall in level of competition due to strength of scheduel, it had nothing to do with Giddings vs. Cuero and who would win...

sicem74
11-12-2007, 03:23 PM
haha 64 votes for no chance at all

buff4ever
11-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by sicem74

Sicem, whoever you are. I haven't voted or even considered looking at the results of this ridiculous poll, I have just been on here reading what the thoughts were out there.

But since you have brought it to my attention. I am fairly impressed that 40 % of the people that voted gave us a chance one way or the other. I would almost solely expect the homers to vote yes and most others to vote no, but we don't have that many homers on here considering buff4life and myself didn't vote.

buff4life
11-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by sicem74

haha your intellectual incompetence delights me!!

one and done for yOe, Bet DAT

gtownfan
11-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Sicem, whoever you are. I haven't voted or even considered looking at the results of this ridiculous poll, I have just been on here reading what the thoughts were out there.

But since you have brought it to my attention. I am fairly impressed that 40 % of the people that voted gave us a chance one way or the other. I would almost solely expect the homers to vote yes and most others to vote no, but we don't have that many homers on here considering buff4life and myself didn't vote.

I didn't vote either! Not sure why one would start a poll like this. All it did was stir up too much past history and bad feelings.

Was hoping it was going to go away, but someone brought it to the top again yesterday.

GreenMachine
11-12-2007, 03:46 PM
no i'm not saying we could surely beat yall...I'm sayin Waco Midway compares to yall in level of competition due to strength of scheduel, it had nothing to do with Giddings vs. Cuero and who would win... My bad...I could have swore you said they would beat us and if they were on ya'lls schedule and ya'll are undefeated, then ya'll beat them :thinking:

buff4life
11-12-2007, 03:47 PM
i did say they could beat yall, that was a misstep on my part, i should have said on the same level...

buff4ever
11-12-2007, 03:51 PM
My bad...I could have swore you said they would beat us and if they were on ya'lls schedule and ya'll are undefeated, then ya'll beat them :thinking:

I don't think that buff4life meant anything by anything other than our schedule shouldn't be scrutinized by someone w/ a lesser schedule than ours. The massey ratings are the most legit calculated way of determining that, and I believe they were posted above.

44 Magnum
11-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Sealy
West Orange-Stark
LaVega
China Spring or probably a Caldwell rematch
Region IV rep - easy
Celina

quite a gauntlet!

buff4ever
11-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Tell me about it, if we are able to meet cuero (the likely region 4 rep) then we will have already accomplished quite the task. I venture to say whoever represents our region, if not giddings, didn't have as tough a road as giddings. Not taking anything away from anyone, just saying that from week 2 to week 5 doesn't get any tougher than the road that lies ahead of giddings if they are to be fortunate enough to get to travel it.

GreenMachine
11-12-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by 44 Magnum
Sealy
West Orange-Stark
LaVega
China Spring or probably a Caldwell rematch
Region IV rep - easy
Celina

quite a gauntlet! Region IV rep-easy...I don't think so. Who is your team?

Old Tiger
11-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Somewhere along the lines of slim and none:rolleyes:

GreenMachine
11-12-2007, 04:09 PM
And consequently, I think Gidddings has a good chance to go through that group of teams, and if we are lucky enough to get there also, it won't be easy. ;)

setxsports
11-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Hopefully WOS will win it. We're better on Defense this year!

alaskacat
11-12-2007, 04:35 PM
No, I am not.

One thing to remember, Celina has already beaten Robinson this year pretty handily, with a bunch of young players that have now matured.

They beat Royce City everytime they've played them, and then againthey have lost to Gilmer afew years ago.

Now figure in we are healthy this year, and most of the starters have not had to play a whole game. So now the first team will be hitting on all cylinders.

For a guage, this friday, Frisco Wakeland should handle Royce City. And Frisco had a grand total of 25 yards total O against Celina.

D1 once again looks weaker than DII...I wonder when they will do away with the fiasco of D1 and DII and just have 3A period.

Good Luck to all

giddingsblazer2
11-12-2007, 09:36 PM
i think giddings vs. celina would be an interesting matchup...didn't liberty hill beat celina on a last minute field goal.........

Old Tiger
11-13-2007, 12:33 AM
i think giddings vs. celina would be an interesting matchup...didn't liberty hill beat celina on a last minute field goal......... No, Celina is too good.

charlesrixey
11-13-2007, 12:36 AM

trust me, their aren't 69 posters who hate giddings

maybe some of us just think other teams are better

charlesrixey
11-13-2007, 12:39 AM
i think giddings vs. celina would be an interesting matchup...didn't liberty hill beat celina on a last minute field goal.........

Giddings had better hope they don't play celina

gidding's one dimensional offense plays into celina very well--the bobcats have made a habit out of shutting down one dimensional running teams (except for LH, which has a totally different style than giddings)

celina's defense is good enough this year to hold giddings to 14 points or less

Old Tiger
11-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey

gidding's one dimensional offense plays into celina very well--the bobcats have made a habit out of shutting down one dimensional running teams (except for LH, which has a totally different style than giddings)

celina's defense is good enough this year to hold giddings to 14 points or less LH had some long passes against Celina though ;)

charlesrixey
11-13-2007, 12:49 AM
LH had some long passes against Celina though ;)

Giddings is not LH

;)

can't win em all

you can bet the bobcats are upset that they don't get a chance to play them again, especially if the panthers make the title game and then move up to 4A

Darren
11-13-2007, 08:11 AM

No predictions by me on State chances for Giddings. However I would enjoy seeing the Celina Giddings matchup there are alot more games to play before that.

I'm sure that Celina is good and so is Giddings.

Its easy to say my Dad can kick your dads butt but until we see the game who knows.

44 Magnum
11-13-2007, 08:29 AM
Region IV rep-easy...I don't think so. Who is your team? My bad! I was thinking of Division I !

48minutes
11-13-2007, 09:21 AM

I would put anything that giddings would score more than 14 on your SO GREAT celina team who has a cake walk through the playoffs.

all praise Celina, they are best.

charlesrixey
11-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by 48minutes
I would put anything that giddings would score more than 14 on your SO GREAT celina team who has a cake walk through the playoffs.

all praise Celina, they are best.

not being cocky, but i have paid attention to giddings season so far

they have played the time of possession game against the better teams and are successful because they have a great running game and great defense

Giddings running game is not as good as Liberty Hill's, and Celina's defense is (arguably) better, especially at stopping the run

and besides, i never said how many points celina would score, which would probably be in the mid twenties

Giddings defense is championship caliber

i think their offense can be stopped

Buff4Eternity
11-13-2007, 11:43 AM

they have played the time of possession game against the better teams and are successful because they have a great running game and great defense

Giddings running game is not as good as Liberty Hill's, and Celina's defense is (arguably) better, especially at stopping the run

and besides, i never said how many points celina would score, which would probably be in the mid twenties

I think that Celina's Offense can be stopped by our Defense.

Plus I think that we can score on special teams or through defense and can win.

buff4life
11-13-2007, 12:54 PM

only beef i have with your comparison is IF your comparing LH from last year, this years team it totally different....

buff4life
11-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Buff4Eternity
I think that Celina's Offense can be stopped by our Defense.

Plus I think that we can score on special teams or through defense and can win.

something legitimate...amazing

bufflongago
11-13-2007, 01:13 PM
all these haters and still all they can say is one-dimensional offense...im telling you all...look forward to the pass being opened up...and dont think for a second that brock wont be moved to running back or reciever if they continue to stack the line....with a quarterback like Locke accurate with medium distance and a line amn with a cannon...which more than likely wont ever see the field as a quarterback again...i can guarentee that giddings has more up its sleeve than what the stats say...

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2007, 01:17 PM
only beef i have with your comparison is IF your comparing LH from last year, this years team it totally different....
LOL! He's never seen US play.....and I have to add that most teams are different, year-to-year. ;)

Bull19
11-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by bufflongago
all these haters and still all they can say is one-dimensional offense...im telling you all...look forward to the pass being opened up...and dont think for a second that brock wont be moved to running back or reciever if they continue to stack the line....with a quarterback like Locke accurate with medium distance and a line amn with a cannon...which more than likely wont ever see the field as a quarterback again...i can guarentee that giddings has more up its sleeve than what the stats say...

giddings IS mainly a one dimensional offense, but that doesnt mean they dont have the players or the talent to mix it up and....that is why i think giddings will make a deep run, win state i dont know about that, but if they play up to their potential they sure do have a good shot at it.

good luck giddings the rest ofthe way, although they wont need it this week;)

Martian Man
11-13-2007, 01:27 PM
It is a better chance now that they went DII.

ronwx5x
11-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Martian Man
There was never a doubt they would be DII.

Martian Man
11-13-2007, 01:31 PM
I shure wanted them to go DI . That would have put 4 of the top five teams to play each other.

buff4life
11-13-2007, 01:41 PM
There was never a doubt they would be DII.

there wasn't a doubt we would go DI after three quarters of the Lg/Navasota game...

buff4life
11-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
LOL! He's never seen US play.....and I have to add that most teams are different, year-to-year. ;)

that was the point i was trying to get across to him...i didn't know if he had seen LH play or not, not that it would matter bc we haven't played yall...

ronwx5x
11-13-2007, 01:42 PM
there wasn't a doubt we would go DI after three quarters of the Lg/Navasota game...
You can't be a buff for life if you have doubts!

buff4life
11-13-2007, 01:44 PM
You can't be a buff for life if you have doubts!

I didn't have doubts...

75009Football
11-13-2007, 02:03 PM
LH had some long passes against Celina though ;)

So did Whitesboro 44-7. So did Prosper 62-13. So did Wakeland 36-0. I'm glad it's a different year, finally.

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2007, 02:11 PM
that was the point i was trying to get across to him...i didn't know if he had seen LH play or not, not that it would matter bc we haven't played yall...
Heck, it's hard to tell how good or not any team is until you actually watch them. I've watched Wimberley at some level for the past 11 seasons. Before this years' game, all I heard on here was how down they were....my comment was "I don't care if they're down or not, they WILL show up to play". Wimberley posters expected us to thrash them.

I'm very thankful that the boys on the field each week are responsible for the outcome, instead of what's posted on here. :)

buff4life
11-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Heck, it's hard to tell how good or not any team is until you actually watch them. I've watched Wimberley at some level for the past 11 seasons. Before this years' game, all I heard on here was how down they were....my comment was "I don't care if they're down or not, they WILL show up to play". Wimberley posters expected us to thrash them.

I'm very thankful that the boys on the field each week are responsible for the outcome, instead of what's posted on here. :)

umm...ok :confused:

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2007, 02:16 PM
umm...ok :confused:
Yeah, it was random. Is this better? I have yet to see Giddings play this year, so I have no clue how good they are and whether or not they could beat any other team I haven't seen play, either. :D

buff4life
11-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Yeah, it was random. Is this better? I have yet to see Giddings play this year, so I have no clue how good they are and whether or not they could beat any other team I haven't seen play, either. :D

its makes more sense now lol...i just wasn't sure what response was appropriate for the other one...i gotcha now...

48minutes
11-13-2007, 03:49 PM

How you figure?

Martian Man
11-13-2007, 11:00 PM
How you figure?

What I was trying to say is that if Giddings had gone DI that would have put 4 of the top 5 3A teams in DI which is a tougher row to hoe.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee39/cemarrs/Martian-Man.gif

buff4life
11-13-2007, 11:06 PM
What I was trying to say is that if Giddings had gone DI that would have put 4 of the top 5 3A teams in DI which is a tougher row to hoe.

yet there are 5 of the top 11 teams in the state in region III DII...

but i do see your point...

48minutes
11-14-2007, 12:05 AM
yet there are 5 of the top 11 teams in the state in region III DII...

but i do see your point...

agreed

WOS, La Vega, Quero, these teams come to mind as pretty tough for anybody on any given friday night.

48minutes
11-14-2007, 12:19 AM

Good post, I agree with you on pretty much everything you stated. Even though for the offense to be stopped, I believe it will take a talented group of kids, who are very well coached.

Buttttt, you say championship caliber, and that Celina would score mid twenties? I'm not saying your wrong. I know almost nothing about Celina. I'm just asking, is there offense that impressive?(i really have no idea)

Darren
11-14-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by bufflongago

I agree that Locke would be a great fit at QB. He is one heck of a player. That little punk :D kicked my butt at golf as well (he is good and I am not).

Before the season started the rumor around town was that Brock would be moved to RB or possibly WR since this is what he is rumored to be playing at Texas. However this didn't happen and I just don't see us changng at this point. IMO

Old Tiger
11-14-2007, 08:53 AM
Giddings should get Brock in space. Throw him some screen passes or send him deep on wheel routes or something to add versatility to the offense.

RattlerDude
11-14-2007, 10:25 AM

And Giddings' defense will be good enough to hold Celina to even less than that. Their defense is really good. Ya'll are talking about stopping their offense, but ya'll also have to hope to be able to score on their defense.

Caldwell was putting up forty points a game easy on everyone and their running backs, Canto and Sims, were running all over everyone, but Giddings shut them down. Caldwell only scored one touchdown and Canto only had 73 yards. That seemed impossible until they did it.

If Celina holds Giddings to 14, then Giddings will hold Celina to seven or less. They are just that good

Old Tiger
11-14-2007, 10:30 AM
And Giddings' defense will be good enough to hold Celina to even less than that. Their defense is really good. Ya'll are talking about stopping their offense, but ya'll also have to hope to be able to score on their defense.

Caldwell was putting up forty points a game easy on everyone and their running backs, Canto and Sims, were running all over everyone, but Giddings shut them down. Caldwell only scored one touchdown and Canto only had 73 yards. That seemed impossible until they did it.

If Celina holds Giddings to 14, then Giddings will hold Celina to seven or less. They are just that good Celina's offense is good. They are probably the best team in the state. But the three teams who could be better are all D1.

RattlerDude
11-14-2007, 10:31 AM

You do know that we were losing after three quarters. The score was 27-21 La Grange.

buff4ever
11-14-2007, 10:59 AM
That's why buff4life said we as in giddings would go D1, b/c you guys were getting beat. I can't say I was ever sure, it sounded like that game went back and forth till the end.

buff4life
11-14-2007, 02:16 PM
You do know that we were losing after three quarters. The score was 27-21 La Grange.

exactly...thats why i said there wasn't a doubt we were going DI because yall were LOSING meaning we go DI

giddingsblazer2
11-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Giddings to STATE..........NO DOUBT IN MY MIND