PDA

View Full Version : Is Sweetwater playing Breck this week?

Scholar
11-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Just curious. Couldn't find a thread about it.

kepdawg
11-07-2007, 04:09 PM
I think they are playing Snyder

Johnny Moxen
11-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Yes, their playing Breckenridge. Winner of this game will be the third place representative of District 7-3A in playoffs. The loser of this game has their season come to an end.

The winner of this game and Clyde will be the schools in the Division II bracket from District 7-3A.

RedWhiteBlue
11-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
Yes, their playing Breckenridge. Winner of this game will be the third place representative of District 7-3A in playoffs. The loser of this game has their season come to an end.

The winner of this game and Clyde will be the schools in the Division II bracket from District 7-3A.
Where are they playing?

Sweetwater Red
11-07-2007, 04:15 PM
What's the point? We are looking ahead to Bridgeport, Vernon,
Seminole, Snyder, Celina, and Giddings.:rolleyes:

RedWhiteBlue
11-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Seminole, Snyder, Celina, and Giddings.:rolleyes:
That could be a mistake on your part and never mind I will look it up.

pirate4state
11-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Seminole, Snyder, Celina, and Giddings.:rolleyes: hahahaha

Sweetwater Red
11-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
That could be a mistake on your part and never mind I will look it up.

It was a joke. I'm not seriously looking ahead to the state
championship ga...............or nevermind.:dispntd:

RedWhiteBlue
11-07-2007, 04:43 PM
I was kidding, too. I do that occasionally........

Sweetwater Red
11-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Seriously whats the point? We have what one or two Roo
posters on here. You start a thread about Sweetwater or
Snyder vs. anybody and it turns into Sweetwater vs. Snyder
anyway. See the current Region I GOTW.:D

grizz53
11-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Where are they playing?

The game is in Breck.

STANG RED
11-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Seriously whats the point? We have what one or two Roo
posters on here. You start a thread about Sweetwater or
Snyder vs. anybody and it turns into Sweetwater vs. Snyder
anyway. See the current Region I GOTW.:D

Gotta take up the slack for them pretend Mustangs from Andrews. Seeing how none of them can find their way to this place.

bigron15
11-07-2007, 06:08 PM
we made this thread because all the snyder ppl said we should be concerned because there wasnt a thread for this weeks game

Scholar
11-07-2007, 06:25 PM
In that case, I'll take Breck by 20.

bigron15
11-07-2007, 06:27 PM
i think swater is ready and fresh coming off the bye week

Sweetwater Red
11-08-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Scholar
In that case, I'll take Breck by 20.

Case in point. (See about scholar thread):mad:

grizz53
11-08-2007, 09:34 AM
I think this will be a great game. Breck has an awesome running game and Swater has a good D (if they come out playing like they did in the Clyde game). Im definately making the trip to Breck to watch this one. My pick is Breck by 7.

Black_Magic
11-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by grizz53
I think this will be a great game. Breck has an awesome running game and Swater has a good D (if they come out playing like they did in the Clyde game). Im definately making the trip to Breck to watch this one. My pick is Breck by 7. Breck by 7 in a close one.
Winner gets to keep playing football. Looser gets to
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/78/14/22141478.jpg :eek:

Sweetwater Red
11-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Breck by 7 in a close one.
Winner gets to keep playing football. Looser gets to
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/78/14/22141478.jpg :eek:

Is this a picture of another ringer ya'll are bringing in? This time
for basketball. Is his last name Walker too?:eek:

DaHop72
11-08-2007, 10:04 AM
for basketball. Is his last name Walker too?:eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Let it go.

Black_Magic
11-08-2007, 10:13 AM
for basketball. Is his last name Walker too?:eek: You mean like your QB??:eek:

Sweetwater Red
11-08-2007, 10:16 AM
You mean like your QB??:eek:

His dad is a lifetime resident of Sweetwater. Pretty much all of
his mother's side of the family is too.

We didn't have to offer anyone a job to get Holsey.:thinking: :devil:

DaHop72
11-08-2007, 10:18 AM
His dad is a lifetime resident of Sweetwater. Pretty much all of
his mother's side of the family is too.

We didn't have to offer anyone a job to get Holsey.:thinking: :devil: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Let it go, don't make me have to go through the "real" story again.

Sweetwater Red
11-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Let it go, don't make me have to go through the "real" story again.

I know the real story. That doesn't mean I can't give BM some
grief.

Dee Walker was a totally legitimate move-in for the Snyder Tigers.:thumbsup:

So, Black Magic are you going to go back on the road and resume
recruiting in the off season?:thinking:

DaHop72
11-08-2007, 10:28 AM

So, Black Magic are you going to go back on the road and resume
recruiting in the off season?:thinking: Carry on.;)

TripleH
11-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Sweetwater better not look past the Buckaroos or like Black Magic said they could be shooting the rock early this year.

wtxfootball08
11-08-2007, 11:47 AM
I am making the trip up to breck, however i really don't think the game will be as close as everyone thinks. Sweetwater is a team with more tradition (not saying breck doesn't have tradition) and a great coach, that is what i am basing my prediction on.

Sweetwater by 10+

tigerbyheart
11-08-2007, 11:54 AM
I say Sweetwater by 1................................

In Overtime..........:D

STANG RED
11-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Sweetwaters offense has sputtered the last couple of games against good defenses, but Breck has been giving up lots of points, so I think Swater will score early and often.
The Swater D is very solid, and should be able to somewhat contain Brecks one man show. I think Swater wins by 20+.

Texasfootball2
11-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Sweetwaters offense has sputtered the last couple of games against good defenses, but Breck has been giving up lots of points, so I think Swater will score early and often.
The Swater D is very solid, and should be able to somewhat contain Brecks one man show. I think Swater wins by 20+.

I don't know about 20+, but your right about Brecks defense. Vick is a great player and will make enough plays to keep it under 20 points but I think the Mustangs will control this game from the onset.

SW 28
BRECK 14

DaHop72
11-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by tigerbyheart
I say Sweetwater by 1................................

In Overtime..........:D Sure hope your dad doesn't see this post.:devil: :devil: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
11-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I don't know about 20+, but your right about Brecks defense. Vick is a great player and will make enough plays to keep it under 20 points but I think the Mustangs will control this game from the onset.

SW 28
BRECK 14

I listened to the Wylie/Breckenridge game on the radio last week.
Wylie's color man, somewhere in the 4th Q, said "Vick's getting
up like he's had enough". I was thinking maybe it's because he
never leaves the field for 48 minutes????

Phantom Stang
11-08-2007, 12:30 PM

Well, I guess that's better than Breck winning by 7 in a blowout.:p

Texasfootball2
11-08-2007, 12:30 PM
I listened to the Wylie/Breckenridge game on the radio last week.
Wylie's color man, somewhere in the 4th Q, said "Vick's getting
up like he's had enough". I was thinking maybe it's because he
never leaves the field for 48 minutes????

Never left the field the whole game. He was even returning punts and kickoffs in the fourth quater. Why:doh: I don't know. Makes no sense why they would leave the only player on their team that gives them a chance to beat Sweetwater in a game where the outcome was obvious and had been since the first quater. I felt sorry for the guy. He would drop down to his knees between plays and try to catch his breath.

What even makes it more ingnorant, is that even if Breckenridge had beaten Wylie. They still would have to beat Sweetwater to make the playoffs. :crazy:

cdawgfan
11-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Will this game be on the radio anywhere? I won't be able to go to the game, but I would like to listen as I think it will be a good game.

Texasfootball2
11-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by cdawgfan
Will this game be on the radio anywhere? I won't be able to go to the game, but I would like to listen as I think it will be a good game.

Yea I know. In fact if I cant get out of town early enough to get to Breck, I just might go to Snyder and check this game out. I found a spot in a church parking lot a few years ago where if you park just right, stand on your head, pull your pants down, put one leg straight up, and the other at a 45 angle, and face east by southeast, with one boot off, and copper ring on your little toe, you can almost pick up KXOX for the Swater game.

Also, this look helps to fit in better as a typical Snyderite anyway...That is,,,, all except for that blank stupid look in the face.

Again, my apologies to Hops & TB. But I'm on a roll now and cant stop.

This post is not from me, but I thought you would enjoy it.

Sweetwater Red
11-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by cdawgfan

I have to get in my Jeep, drive up the biggest hill in Sweetwater,
and park my jeep facing Abilene to listen to Clyde games.:thinking:

You will have to get in a vehicle and drive to Trent to listen to
Sweetwater's KXOX.:D

garciap77
11-08-2007, 01:58 PM
I saw the Clyde/Sweetwater game. If Sweetwater's "D" plays like they did in Clyde they will win this game. I saw Breck play at Wylie and I believe Sweetwater gave us a better game than Breck. Good luck to both teams, but I would like Sweetwater to win this one and maybe see a playoff between Sweetwater vs Snyder. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Stownhorse
11-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I saw the Clyde/Sweetwater game. If Sweetwater's "D" plays like they did in Clyde they will win this game. I saw Breck play at Wylie and I believe Sweetwater gave us a better game than Breck. Good luck to both teams, but I would like Sweetwater to win this one and maybe see a playoff between Sweetwater vs Snyder. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Yea it would get crunk if we played them in the playoffs.

cdawgfan
11-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Yea I know. In fact if I cant get out of town early enough to get to Breck, I just might go to Snyder and check this game out. I found a spot in a church parking lot a few years ago where if you park just right, stand on your head, pull your pants down, put one leg straight up, and the other at a 45 angle, and face east by southeast, with one boot off, and copper ring on your little toe, you can almost pick up KXOX for the Swater game.

Also, this look helps to fit in better as a typical Snyderite anyway...That is,,,, all except for that blank stupid look in the face.

Again, my apologies to Hops & TB. But I'm on a roll now and cant stop.

This post is not from me, but I thought you would enjoy it.

Thanks. That sounds about right. I will have to see what I can figure out. I think it will be a good game. If Sweetwater hangs onto the ball, (no offense) they can score on breckenridge and sweetwaters defense is awesome. I think it will come down to ball control.

garciap77
11-08-2007, 02:05 PM
I would like to see them (Sweetwater/Snyder) play in Abilene. It would draw a crowd! From some of the 1A-3A schools. I'm sure both schools would bring the wood!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

bigron15
11-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by TripleH
Sweetwater better not look past the Buckaroos or like Black Magic said they could be shooting the rock early this year.

i think everyone has figured this out by now

nobogey72
11-08-2007, 03:41 PM
for basketball. Is his last name Walker too?:eek:

MOVE INS & RECRUITS???????? I can't believe that kind of stuff goes on. Wylie never gets any good move ins. We ocasionally get a 6'5" tuba player or something like that. And even then they are usually crappy tuba players. 4th chair or something. If there is anything I hate worse than hearing about another school getting a good move in, it's us getting a move in that's crappy at playing the tuba. I'm pissed!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

DaHop72
11-08-2007, 03:47 PM
I would like to see them (Sweetwater/Snyder) play in Abilene. It would draw a crowd! From some of the 1A-3A schools. I'm sure both schools would bring the wood!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Big Springs would be a better place for this game. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
11-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Big Springs would be a better place for this game. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Anytime, anywhere, but only on GRASS. Is that what you're saying?:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
11-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Anytime, anywhere, on but only on GRASS. Is that what you're saying?:thinking:

DaHop72
11-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Anytime, anywhere, but only on GRASS. Is that what you're saying?:thinking: No, I just know what a passion the Sweetwater faithful and their coaching staff have for Big Springs.:devil: :devil:

bigron15
11-08-2007, 05:03 PM
we have shooken the "curse" that snyder fans think that they put on us at that stadium

lakers
11-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
MOVE INS & RECRUITS???????? I can't believe that kind of stuff goes on. Wylie never gets any good move ins. We ocasionally get a 6'5" tuba player or something like that. And even then they are usually crappy tuba players. 4th chair or something. If there is anything I hate worse than hearing about another school getting a good move in, it's us getting a move in that's crappy at playing the tuba. I'm pissed!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Geez quit ur whinning...Ya'll dont need move ins...SEROIUSLY!!!

Do ya'll just wanna win state in everything. even ya'lls band is awesome...

nobogey72
11-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by lakers
Geez quit ur whinning...Ya'll dont need move ins...SEROIUSLY!!!

Do ya'll just wanna win state in everything. even ya'lls band is awesome...

EEEZY.....lakers, I was just kidding. We have gotten our fair share of move-ins through the years. Sandifer is pretty tough on them though. He is big time loyal to the kids that have been in the program since Jr. High. If someone moved in in like their Jr. yr, they had better be a helluva athlete to start even their senior yr. I can remember 1 (Tommy Felts) in about 03 that moved in the summer before his Jr. year, and started as a Jr. But, he was pretty special. But, make no friggin mistake about it, we will take every move in we can get. And thanx for the compliment on the band and stuff.

:) :) :) :) :)

Snydertigersrul
11-08-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
EEEZY.....lakers, I was just kidding. We have gotten our fair share of move-ins through the years. Sandifer is pretty tough on them though. He is big time loyal to the kids that have been in the program since Jr. High. If someone moved in in like their Jr. yr, they had better be a helluva athlete to start even their senior yr. I can remember 1 (Tommy Felts) in about 03 that moved in the summer before his Jr. year, and started as a Jr. But, he was pretty special. But, make no friggin mistake about it, we will take every move in we can get. And thanx for the compliment on the band and stuff.

:) :) :) :) :)

I heard from a very reliable source that they already have unpacked the basketballs at Sweetwater.

DaHop72
11-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
we have shooken the "curse" that snyder fans think that they put on us at that stadium And other than to play Big Spring, Sweetwater has agree to play how many playoff games there since 04?:thinking: :thinking:

bigron15
11-08-2007, 09:33 PM
we won big against big springs there last year. made all our field goals too

DaHop72
11-08-2007, 09:37 PM
we won big against big springs there last year. made all our field goals too Regular season, let's talk playoffs.:devil: :devil: :devil:

Snydertigersrul
11-08-2007, 09:40 PM
I would like to see them (Sweetwater/Snyder) play in Abilene. It would draw a crowd! From some of the 1A-3A schools. I'm sure both schools would bring the wood!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sweetwater needs to get into the playoffs first.

:D

bigron15
11-08-2007, 09:42 PM
Regular season, let's talk playoffs.:devil: :devil: :devil:

wait til we get there. just wait

DaHop72
11-08-2007, 09:44 PM
wait til we get there. just wait Okay, this time next year maybe.:devil: :devil:

cover32
11-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Yea, new poster here, been reading 3A Down Low forever but really felt I needed to respond to Texasfootball2's comment about Blaine Vick from Breck being left in the game and how ignorant that was......you did'nt know the circumstances and you dont' know Blaine. Coached the kid for two years......he won't come off the field ! One of the most competitive kids I have ever seen . Took him out last year against Sweetwater, looked up three plays later and he ran off the sidelines to get back in the game ! NO quit in the kid. Simply put he won't come out until the last whistle blows cause that is the only way he will have it. Believe me, the coaches knew the playoff situation. No need to make an "ignorant" post like that unless you know the whole story and not interpreting it from the stands !

its_n_D_water
11-08-2007, 10:04 PM
So what your saying is he calls his own number....???

lakers
11-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by cover32
Yea, new poster here, been reading 3A Down Low forever but really felt I needed to respond to Texasfootball2's comment about Blaine Vick from Breck being left in the game and how ignorant that was......you did'nt know the circumstances and you dont' know Blaine. Coached the kid for two years......he won't come off the field ! One of the most competitive kids I have ever seen . Took him out last year against Sweetwater, looked up three plays later and he ran off the sidelines to get back in the game ! NO quit in the kid. Simply put he won't come out until the last whistle blows cause that is the only way he will have it. Believe me, the coaches knew the playoff situation. No need to make an "ignorant" post like that unless you know the whole story and not interpreting it from the stands !

interesting:thinking:

cover32
11-09-2007, 12:07 AM
After I wrote that I figured that's how some would interpret it. No, Blaine is very much a team player and he doesn't "pull the coaches strings ", but what I meant is when a kid of his caliber and heart doesn't want to come out and provided he is not hurt, and is not hurting the team, and is a SR., you give him every opportunity to play...... and by the way, he doesn't play all 48 minutes. He is on the sidlelines quite a bit on defense..... My point is not with the Vick kid, but with people in the stands making comments about things on the field that they don't know the whole story about.( especially when they are from another town) General comments about the game are fine, but don't start questioning the reasoning behind personnel and use words like "ignorant". I'm not attacking texasfootball2. Heck don't even know the guy, just did'nt like the way the post was worded .

lakers
11-09-2007, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by its_n_D_water
So what your saying is he calls his own number....???

Of course he calls his own #

cover32
11-09-2007, 12:13 AM
what's that supposed to mean ?

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2007, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by TripleH
they could be shooting the rock early this year.
From what I hear, it looks like a rock when they play. :eek: :eek: ;)

Sorry, Sweetwater folks, I'm kidding....but, it was there. :)

its_n_D_water
11-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Weather he plays 48 mins. or doesn't step on the field Sweetwater rolls in this game.....35-14...

nobogey72
11-09-2007, 08:28 AM
After I wrote that I figured that's how some would interpret it. No, Blaine is very much a team player and he doesn't "pull the coaches strings ", but what I meant is when a kid of his caliber and heart doesn't want to come out and provided he is not hurt, and is not hurting the team, and is a SR., you give him every opportunity to play...... and by the way, he doesn't play all 48 minutes. He is on the sidlelines quite a bit on defense..... My point is not with the Vick kid, but with people in the stands making comments about things on the field that they don't know the whole story about.( especially when they are from another town) General comments about the game are fine, but don't start questioning the reasoning behind personnel and use words like "ignorant". I'm not attacking texasfootball2. Heck don't even know the guy, just did'nt like the way the post was worded .

cover32----your point is well taken. However let me ask you these 2 things. 1) Do you think Vick is the only kid in the world that would like to play every down regardless of circumstances? 2)How fair would it be to the other kids on the team who deserve their best chance to beat Sweetwater, if he had gotten hurt? Actually I just thought of another question 3) How do you think the backup QB's dad felt about it? Not arguing with you just looking at it from the flipside. With respect!!!!!!!!!!

STANG RED
11-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
I heard from a very reliable source that they already have unpacked the basketballs at Sweetwater.

That's very true STR. Since our girls volleyball team got beat in the playoffs,,,,,,,,,oops sorry, you wouldnt know anything about the volleyball playoffs would you!? Anyway, yea they broke out the bballs this week.

Texasfootball2
11-09-2007, 09:26 AM

I apologize for using the term "ignorant", and I don't know the kid. Vick is a special player and as a former coach I love to watch kids like him. Regardless of how much fight he has in him, the coach is still in charge. He owes it to the rest of the kids on the team to protect him in a situation like that. I think you would agree that without him, Breck as no chance of beating Sweetwater. I assure you had Vick got hurt in the fourth quater of that game, there would have been a uproar over why he was even in the game. Blain may not have like it had he been taken out, and you can respect that in the kid, but the coach took a big chance by leaving him in there. Once again, I apologize for the poor use of words, but as a football fan and a former coach I didn't think it was a wise decision.

VWG
11-09-2007, 09:33 AM
One question about Buckaroos. Is Brooks McClanahan playing this year? Think he was all-district LB last year.
I heard he quit before the season started.

cover32
11-09-2007, 09:38 AM
Good points nobogey72.......

It may seem as though I was arguing letting him stay in was the right thing to do even though I really was'nt, I was just exlaining the sitauation and got my feathers a little flustered when it appeared there was a poke at the coaching staff and Blaine.

1. No, MOST players want to play the entire game, but with the Roberson kid hurt and without him or Vick, the game would have been more ugly than the score indicated, ( pride with coaches kick in )so I guess the decision was to leave him to keep it respectable ( they did score 35.....yea, yea, I know it was not aginst the starters ! ). But I definently understand your point.

2. Once again I agree with you, because with out Vick, the odds of Breck beating S'Water well, uh... lets just say they are not as good. Should he have been on the sideline in the fourth ? Probably so. But the kid possibly only has one game left and his football days are done !

3. The backup was the starter until halftime of the Comanche game, then Vick replaced him. Once again, I understand your point and it would have been a good time to get the Soph some more reps, but the decision was to leave him in and that's what we have to live by, like it or not, but just don't come on here and start making comments without knowing the facts is my beef. That's why I turn the sound down on NFL games, commentators that want to be coaches.

Hey good points though no bogey........everyone have a great weekend and hope your team is playing next week !

Ranger Mom
11-09-2007, 09:42 AM
ARGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

BIG SPRING.....BIG SPRING......NOT Big SpringS!!!!!!!!

Okay...I feel better now!!!!:p

Black_Magic
11-09-2007, 09:46 AM
That's very true STR. Since our girls volleyball team got beat in the playoffs,,,,,,,,,oops sorry, you wouldnt know anything about the volleyball playoffs would you!? Anyway, yea they broke out the bballs this week. Snyder and Volleyball has a history of greatness. lately they have not been that but through history snyder volleyball has been one of the best. Someone from sweetwater should be able to understand that. After all, its what you will fall back on during the lean times starting and to come in sweetwater for the football program;)

Sweetwater Red
11-09-2007, 09:53 AM
the lean times starting and to come in sweetwater for the football program;)

....and we will still continue to dominate Snyder.:thinking: :D

DaHop72
11-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
ARGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

BIG SPRING.....BIG SPRING......NOT Big SpringS!!!!!!!!

Okay...I feel better now!!!!:p I did spell it right the third time.:kiss:

Ranger Mom
11-09-2007, 09:57 AM
I did spell it right the third time.:kiss:

LOL!!! I didn't even notice it was you that was posting it!!!!

I am from Coahoma, so we had BIG SPRING imprinted in our brains!!!:D

DaHop72
11-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by VWG
One question about Buckaroos. Is Brooks McClanahan playing this year? Think he was all-district LB last year.
I heard he quit before the season started. I visited with Brooks dad on my way back from the Graham/Vernon game and Brooks is not playing this year. He is just concentrating on baseball this year.

DaHop72
11-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!!! I didn't even notice it was you that was posting it!!!!

I am from Coahoma, so we had BIG SPRING imprinted in our brains!!!:D I was the guilty party that started the shot about playing there. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Sweetwater Red
11-09-2007, 10:04 AM

everyone have a great weekend and hope your team is playing next week !

...and I hope your team isn't.:D :devil:

tigerbyheart
11-09-2007, 10:12 AM
I heard before the Breck game with Wylie that Breck was down some starters .. One was in hospital with Pneaumonia (sp?) Some others were out with flu. This may be why Vick was in the whole game. Don't know this for sure though...

Snyder_TigerFan
11-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by tigerbyheart
I heard before the Breck game with Wylie that Breck was down some starters .. One was in hospital with Pneaumonia (sp?) Some others were out with flu. This may be why Vick was in the whole game. Don't know this for sure though...

If that's the case, I hope they are all healthy and ready to go against the Mustangs tonight. :) :devil:

STANG RED
11-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Snyder and Volleyball has a history of greatness. lately they have not been that but through history snyder volleyball has been one of the best. Someone from sweetwater should be able to understand that. After all, its what you will fall back on during the lean times starting and to come in sweetwater for the football program;)

Wishful thinking on your part Blackie. With as much youth as we have on varsity now, we'll have many returners for the next couple of years, and our jr. high A teams kicked butt all season. Much to your dismay, the Mustangs look like they have many solid years ahead of them.

Black_Magic
11-09-2007, 10:48 AM
If you say so;)

its_n_D_water
11-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Wishful thinking on your part Blackie. With as much youth as we have on varsity now, we'll have many returners for the next couple of years, and our jr. high A teams kicked butt all season. Much to your dismay, the Mustangs look like they have many solid years ahead of them. Dont forget the pop warner teams..lol

STANG RED
11-09-2007, 02:42 PM
If you say so;)

Shall we talk about the fact that Sweetwater was 4-0 against Snyder in Jr. High this season? How bout we talk about how many points those 4 Snyder teams scored on those 4 Sweetwater teams.
ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH, & NOTA

So who's football program is on the downslide?

Sweetwater Red
11-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by its_n_D_water
Dont forget the pop warner teams..lol

Hey! Sweetwater's pop warner teams are good! They are
currently laying the wood to those Abilene teams in the play-offs.

tigerbyheart
11-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Sure hope your dad doesn't see this post.:devil: :devil: :devil:

My dad can't figure out how to turn on a computer, much less how to turn on the internet.....He still thinks it is 195? what ever year Breck won state..... I should have that year imprinted on my brain, I have to hear that story evvvvvvvveryyyyyy time I go home for a visit....:doh: Needless to say I don't make it home as much as I used to....:D

Snydertigersrul
11-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Shall we talk about the fact that Sweetwater was 4-0 against Snyder in Jr. High this season? How bout we talk about how many points those 4 Snyder teams scored on those 4 Sweetwater teams.
ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH, & NOTA

So who's football program is on the downslide?

When the 2004 seniors were in junior high, I believe that they won one game. That same group advanced to the state semifinals. REMEMBER BIG SPRING, Don't you Stang Red.

Sweetwater Red
11-09-2007, 05:50 PM
When the 2004 seniors were in junior high, I believe that they won one game. That same group advanced to the state semifinals. REMEMBER BIG SPRING, Don't you Stang Red.

53-20. Talk about embarrasing Region I.:thinking:

Snydertigersrul
11-09-2007, 05:52 PM
53-20. Talk about embarrasing Region I.:thinking:

To the state champion and we know how to kick extra points.

Bubba-Joe
11-09-2007, 05:56 PM
To the state champion and we know how to kick extra points.

Lets see
snyder aint never been in the State Championship Football Game
EVER

Sweetwater has been there TWICE
and WON the thing in 1985

the number of times snyder has been in the Semi's in the entire history of the snyder football program Once

Sweetwater
what is it 6 times maybe 8 in the Semi Finals

Snydertigersrul
11-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Lets see
snyder aint never been in the State Championship Football Game
EVER

Sweetwater has been there TWICE
and WON the thing in 1985

the number of times snyder has been in the Semi's in the entire history of the snyder football program Once

Sweetwater
what is it 6 times maybe 8 in the Semi Finals

The question is, will Sweetwater be in the playoffs this year. The answer is about five hours away

Sweetwater Red
11-09-2007, 05:58 PM
we know how to kick extra points.

It's a good thing too. Ya'll are going to need every point you can
get once you start playing quality opponents with that defense.:devil:

Snydertigersrul
11-09-2007, 05:59 PM
It's a good thing too. Ya'll are going to need every point you can
get once you start playing quality opponents with that defense.:devil:

Our defense is playing well. Two straight shutouts.

Sweetwater Red
11-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Our defense is playing well. Two straight shutouts.

Against a beat up Greenwood team and Lamesa?:rolleyes:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

STANG RED
11-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Well I'm about to leave for Breck in a few.
Anybody need a ride?
I'm in Abilene now. Will be leaving in 10 to 15 minutes.
GO MUSTANGS (the best 5-4 team in the state):p :D

wildstangs
11-10-2007, 12:52 AM
STR and Black Magic. Here is your chance to come out and say you were WRONG! Sweetwater advances to they playoffs for the 8th year in a row.

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-10-2007, 12:57 AM
The question is, will Sweetwater be in the playoffs this year. The answer is about five hours away

What is a down year for Snyder? 1-9, 2-8? In Sweetwater a down year is 6-4.

STANG RED
11-10-2007, 01:18 AM

SW 28
BRECK 14

Great Pick!
You would have been right on the money, had we made our extra points. When we missed the one that would have made it 14-7, we tried 2 point conversions on the last 2, but failed on both tries.

STANG RED
11-10-2007, 01:27 AM

:doh:
WRONG!!! As usual.