PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Lights TV show

nobogey72
11-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Does any else besides me like this show? Why did they move it to Friday nights. Last year it was Wednesday. Dumbasses. Any normal person that likes that show is oviously at a HS football game on Friday nights.

RedWhiteBlue
11-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Does any else besides me like this show? Why did they move it to Friday nights. Last year it was Wednesday. Dumbasses. Any normal person that likes that show is oviously at a HS football game on Friday nights.
I absolutely loved the show and haven't seen it since last season-why? Because I am watching real high school football.
Stupidest decision they ever made............. I wonder how many avid fans they lost???

44INAROW
11-07-2007, 03:30 PM
I love the show - I Tivo it - can't wait to see how Coach Taylor handles Riggins missing practice and a game............. should be interesting

44INAROW
11-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
I absolutely loved the show and haven't seen it since last season-why? Because I am watching real high school football.
Stupidest decision they ever made............. I wonder how many avid fans they lost???

go watch it on NBC.com....... I was surprised at some of the plot twists and turns this season.......

lakers

They lost one in me. I cant believe they did that. It is a movie about texas football and they show the day all the texans would normally be at the games. I thought they canned the series or something.

rangerjoe33
no kidding...I watched a couple of episodes. Seems a little farfetched in some instances...I didn't watch every episode though. Of the ones I watched I got this out of it:

paralyzed player
paralyzed player's girlfriend cheats on him with best friend
best friend gets truck vandalized
coach's daughter likes starting qb
coach doesn't want qb dating his daughter
rb on steroids
rb on steroids showing adverse affects

turmoil basically all the time

Seems like too much, I mean it gives Texas HS football a bad image. I realize these things happen but not typically to one team in one season.

setxsports
11-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Best show on TV.

pirate4state
11-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
go watch it on NBC.com....... I was surprised at some of the plot twists and turns this season....... that's the only reason i get to watch it

i was so sad for Landry :( poor dude, but i applaud the dad for what he did. i just wish he'd tell his son that he knows he is lying and to fess up.

Ranger354
11-07-2007, 03:34 PM
It is a great show. I watch it on the computer here:Friday Night Lights (http://www.nbc.com/Friday_Night_Lights/)

44INAROW
11-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
that's the only reason i get to watch it

i was so sad for Landry :( poor dude, but i applaud the dad for what he did. i just wish he'd tell his son that he knows he is lying and to fess up.

"Lance, get you a$$ over here" lol.............. too funny.............

Yep - I totally understand why the dad did what he did, but we both know the truths gonna come out sooner or later,, I am anxious to see how they handle that!

RedWhiteBlue
11-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
that's the only reason i get to watch it

I don't know what he did this season or what you are talking about, but he was one of my favorite characters last season. He had some great one-liners!

pirate4state
Originally posted by 44INAROW
"Lance, get you a$$ over here" lol.............. too funny.............

Yep - I totally understand why the dad did what he did, but we both know the truths gonna come out sooner or later,, I am anxious to see how they handle that!

Yep - very interesting.

I was rofl at the coach and his situation with his wife!!! LMAO! :D

lion75
me too tivo. good show

pirate4state
11-07-2007, 03:42 PM
I don't know what he did this season or what you are talking about, but he was one of my favorite characters last season. He had some great one-liners! You should try and watch some of this season. They've used him ALOT more and he's been GREAT!!! :clap: He was one of my favorites last year too!

Runnin Panther
11-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Best show on TV. I also Tivo it.

The show got extremely high reviews from the critics and producers but had a very low viewer rating. It almost did not get renewed for a second season, the producers moved it to Friday in hopes that people would associate name with day of the week. Also a show can survive with lower rating on Friday, because overall viewership is lower on Friday and Saturday. This is what I read anyway.

The thing that is really turning TV producers on their ear is the writers strike. Everyone better be ready for a whole lot of reality TV. YUK.

nobogey72
11-07-2007, 05:06 PM
The girl in the show that is Lila Garrety (you know, the hot one) in real life is the daughter of the drummer for Aerosmith. I'm pretty sure that she would fall in love with me if she would just take the time to get to know me.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Snyder_TigerFan
11-07-2007, 05:10 PM
The girl in the show that is Lila Garrety (you know, the hot one) in real life is the daughter of the drummer for Aerosmith. I'm pretty sure that she would fall in love with me if she would just take the time to get to know me.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I don't think God will let her. ;) She has gotten annoying on the show.

Great show though. We tivo it as well and watch it later in the week.

RedWhiteBlue
11-07-2007, 05:22 PM
LOL!!!! Being a hick from Graham, instead a rich folk from Wylie- I don't have the luxury of Tivo or DVR, so I guess I will just have to do without.......

g$$
11-07-2007, 05:23 PM

I like the show too. They cut their throat when they moved it from middle of the week. Dumb move. Some nice eye candy on there too!

nobogey72
11-07-2007, 05:34 PM
LOL!!!! Being a hick from Graham, instead a rich folk from Wylie- I don't have the luxury of Tivo or DVR, so I guess I will just have to do without.......

We have one, but no one in my family is smart enough to use it. Typical. RWB--that's too bad that you don't have one, because at Wylie our booster club supplies that kind of stuff for the needy in our community. Like last week word got out that there was a little girl in the 4th grade that didn't even have an ipod!!!!!! OMG
By the end of the day several people had gotten together and gotten her one.

:helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme:

nobogey72
11-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I like the show too. They cut their throat when they moved it from middle of the week. Dumb move. Some nice eye candy on there too!

Really? I guess I never noticed that part.:confused::confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :

RedWhiteBlue
11-07-2007, 05:41 PM
We have one, but no one in my family is smart enough to use it. Typical. RWB--that's too bad that you don't have one, because at Wylie our booster club supplies that kind of stuff for the needy in our community. Like last week word got out that there was a little girl in the 4th grade that didn't even have an ipod!!!!!! OMG
By the end of the day several people had gotten together and gotten her one.

:helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme:
:clap: :clap: That was hilarious!!!!!!!

Stownhorse
11-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Toooo much drama. And the acting sux on there. Hell the 1st couple of episodes didnt even show a football game. And I cant stand that everyone sounds like they are from Nashville Tennessee.

nobogey72
11-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Toooo much drama. And the acting sux on there. Hell the 1st couple of episodes didnt even show a football game. And I cant stand that everyone sounds like they are from Nashville Tennessee.

your are absolutely right about the Tennessee sounding stuff Stownhorse. It takes years of practice to perfect a true Texas accent. You either have it or you don't. But, I still love the show, but then again I'm pretty easily entertained.

S_Tex_3A_Fan
11-07-2007, 06:20 PM

Dish network or Direct TV will give you one for free. The only reason I have one.

Aesculus gilmus
11-07-2007, 06:31 PM
your are absolutely right about the Tennessee sounding stuff Stownhorse. It takes years of practice to perfect a true Texas accent. You either have it or you don't. But, I still love the show, but then again I'm pretty easily entertained.

Does anyone remember the pilot episode?

It was the one in which Mack Brown played a Dillon booster.

Coach Taylor sounded like he was from New Jersey.

Although he still doesn't sound authentic, he has come a lawwnnngg way since the debut.

The car dealer, Mr. Buddy Garrity, is a native Texan and it shows. He DOES act and sound authentically Texan.

LHMom
11-07-2007, 07:18 PM
This is in my top 3 favorite shows. I had a little trouble with it at first - not being "realistic high school football" but then I accepted it as a drama series, that just happens to have a little football in it. I LOVE IT.

And yeah - we record it on the DVR and watch it later since it's on Friday nights now. But it DID make our two bye-weeks much better!

Emerson1
11-07-2007, 07:19 PM
The first season was alright, but so far this season sucks so bad. I think I have seen about 2 minutes of actual football, they need to move it to the CW channel

RedWhiteBlue
11-07-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by S_Tex_3A_Fan
Dish network or Direct TV will give you one for free. The only reason I have one.
Unless you have had Dish so long that you have moved and just kept taking it with you and now you still have the caveman versions........ I wonder if they will let you trade your old ones in?? That would be something to look in to. Of course, like Bogey said- it would take me years just to figure out how to use it. Oh well, that is what teenagers are for!!!

nobogey72
11-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Unless you have had Dish so long that you have moved and just kept taking it with you and now you still have the caveman versions........ I wonder if they will let you trade your old ones in?? That would be something to look in to. Of course, like Bogey said- it would take me years just to figure out how to use it. Oh well, that is what teenagers are for!!!

Actually RWB they are easy to use. They are so easy to use that a Graham Steer........WOOPS.......I mean a caveman could do it. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

3aSoftball4Mom
11-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I love the show! Thank goodness for DVRs!!!!
Coach Taylor is pretty darn cute!!! :D :D :inlove:

Some of you may remember when it first came out, it was on Tuesday nights. Which I thought was pretty dumb too, considering most High school VB & BB games are on Tuesdays & Fridays.
Moving to Wednesday night was the smartest move.