PDA

View Full Version : Columbus now a powerhouse?

deer spotter
11-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Looks like Columbus has their football team rebuilt and coming on strong,girls volleball is rolling toward bigger playoffs,baseball is always a BIG threat,golf is getting very strong with two big Sr. golfers,powerlifting program is stacked with strong guys and gals,very fast uncatchable kids in the track and field events and the best thing about it is they have a AD that is a LEADER. All of the coaches from top to bottom are first class and know there stuff. Columbus is becoming an act that a lot of schools may want to follow. You need knowledge,committment,dedication,good people and GRIT,Columbus has them all.

underware
11-07-2007, 02:13 PM
And don't forget. Their refurbished Stadium is the best in 3A and possibly some 4A schools.

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 02:18 PM
I don't recall seeing any Columbus kids at the state track meet.

Didn't notice any Columbus kids in the regional rankings for powerlifting from last year either.

Average winning about .600 winning percentage in football.

Baseball you guys are really good.

They could be coming along but by powerhouse I would expect to see state track results by "uncatchable guys" and tons of people in the regional rankings in powerlifting.

buff4life
11-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by underware
And don't forget. Their refurbished Stadium is the best in 3A and possibly some 4A schools.

good, because the stadium was VERY lacking...

but to say best in 3A is a STREEEEETTTTCCCCCH....

Navasota...

Crow22
11-07-2007, 02:48 PM

Its nice but to call it the best in 3A is QUITE a stretch.

Ever seen Wimberley, Graham, or Barbers Hill? There are MANY more but those 3 popped to mind.

underware
11-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Crow22

Ever seen Wimberley, Graham, or Barbers Hill? There are MANY more but those 3 popped to mind.

I was being sarcastic. When Yoakum played there at the beginning of the season, the announcer when on and on about the stadium and that is exactly what he said. It must have been pretty bad out there?

Texasfootball2
11-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by deer spotter
Looks like Columbus has their football team rebuilt and coming on strong,girls volleball is rolling toward bigger playoffs,baseball is always a BIG threat,golf is getting very strong with two big Sr. golfers,powerlifting program is stacked with strong guys and gals,very fast uncatchable kids in the track and field events and the best thing about it is they have a AD that is a LEADER. All of the coaches from top to bottom are first class and know there stuff. Columbus is becoming an act that a lot of schools may want to follow. You need knowledge,committment,dedication,good people and GRIT,Columbus has them all.

Sport for Sport, I would put Abilene Wylie up against Columbus for a period of a least ten years running.

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Sport for Sport, I would put Abilene Wylie up against Columbus for a period of a least ten years running. word...

rancher
11-07-2007, 03:07 PM
I guess we will see just what a powerhouse Columbus is in just a couple of weeks. I predict that Caldwell will spank them good. They are in a very weak District.

buff4life
11-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by rancher
I guess we will see just what a powerhouse Columbus is in just a couple of weeks. I predict that Caldwell will spank them good. They are in a very weak District.

dont let IHSTANGFAN here you...

Stownhorse
11-07-2007, 03:14 PM

you forgot sweetwater.

Crow22
11-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
you forgot sweetwater.

Hence, the reason I said there are "MANY MORE".

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Hence, the reason I said there are "MANY MORE".
lol

deer spotter
11-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I don't recall seeing any Columbus kids at the state track meet.

Didn't notice any Columbus kids in the regional rankings for powerlifting from last year either.

Average winning about .600 winning percentage in football.

Baseball you guys are really good.

They could be coming along but by powerhouse I would expect to see state track results by "uncatchable guys" and tons of people in the regional rankings in powerlifting.
Sorry. I left out one word,"becoming". Not there yet but have the makings.
My Bad

Bull19
11-07-2007, 03:22 PM

i dont think so. and yalls baseball isnt always a BIG threat....if im not mistaken last year they didnt even make the playoffs...05' and 06' are the only two noteworthy years that come to mind in recent years.....that aint saying much

IHStangFan
11-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
dont let IHSTANGFAN here you... you people crack me up, ESPECIALLY you.

Texasfootball2
11-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Sorry. I left out one word,"becoming". Not there yet but have the makings.
My Bad

"BECOMING":thinking:

I'll compare Abilene Wylie in any sport.:cheerl:

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
you people crack me up, ESPECIALLY you. I crack myself up at times :)

buff4life
11-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
you people crack me up, ESPECIALLY you.

i'm glad I do considering i have never truly got in an argument with you about the whole D23 and D24 thing...but hey if you want "especially me" then here I am...

but with that being said...

I would take Giddings #1 golfer over any Colombus golfer...

also maybe a Giddings #2 if he has "a good day" wink wink...

JDOG
11-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Powerhouses don't get blown out by Brookshire Royal! Even with a couple of injuries.

bigron15
11-07-2007, 06:25 PM

Golf??? not very good. their b team beat their a team in the first round of district. it was kinda funny to see the look on their faces when they noticed that. the coach didnt look too pleased.

themsu97
11-07-2007, 07:12 PM
District 23 is the best at everything... that is why all 3 teams advanced last year in the playoffs:doh: no, only 1 did past the 1st round... what "weak" district do they play in the 1st round:doh: :thinking: oh yeah, 24...

things might be different this year but...
Henry VIII I am I am, Henry VIII I am...
2nd verse same as the first

lakers
11-07-2007, 07:18 PM
"BECOMING":thinking:

Ur right about that. There worst sport would prolly be softball and they still tend to go 2 or 3 rounds deep in the playoffs, usually till they meet up with Clyde, then they get killed.

g$$
11-07-2007, 07:21 PM

Many said that last year & only Giddings won their 1st round game vs. 24-3A. Sweeny lost 3 rounds deep to eventual state champion Liberty Hill. Be careful with predicting that...

scotty
11-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Columbus earned the right to be proud. Last year what did they win one football game and last night their volleyball team beat Caldwell, and what district are they from? Their football stadium is pretty nice and maybe the best part is it was built with private donations. How many stadiums that nice were built by private donations that you know of. There is a big difference in bragging and community pride and I just feel as though the Columbus folks have shown a ton of community pride. Ever notice their high school baseball complex? That was also locally funded. My hat is off to them. Wish that would happen in the district I pay taxes in.

tigerpride_08
11-07-2007, 08:49 PM
they didn't even make the playoffs last year for baseball...speaking of baseball...where did Pitcher Tromblee go:thinking:

scotty
11-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Blinn

orangeblood
11-07-2007, 09:01 PM

If it doesn't have turf it isn't close to Huttos field.

orangeblood
11-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by scotty
Columbus earned the right to be proud. Last year what did they win one football game and last night their volleyball team beat Caldwell, and what district are they from? Their football stadium is pretty nice and maybe the best part is it was built with private donations. How many stadiums that nice were built by private donations that you know of. There is a big difference in bragging and community pride and I just feel as though the Columbus folks have shown a ton of community pride. Ever notice their high school baseball complex? That was also locally funded. My hat is off to them. Wish that would happen in the district I pay taxes in.

Me too....

deer spotter
11-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by JDOG
Powerhouses don't get blown out by Brookshire Royal! Even with a couple of injuries.

I hope yall have nets on the end of the fields because you will get blowed away by the Cardinals. Hopefully the nets are strong enough to hold all of yall. Oh yea,have plenty of towels also for the guys to use to wipe away the tears from the spanking they are going to get.
Have a good safe game. Could go either way.
Columbus by 14.
All in fun. See ya there.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-08-2007, 10:22 PM

Agreed, Caldwell or Giddings will be to much for the Cards, Columbus has done a great job this year in 24, but 23 will be to much for them this year.