PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather have?

kepdawg
11-07-2007, 12:20 AM
JaMarcus Russell, Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, Gaines Adams, Levi Brown, LaRon Landry, or Adrian Peterson

thatsminty
11-07-2007, 12:21 AM
neither.

I tried to seperate the men from the boys and then just ended up with a group of losers.

JR2004
11-07-2007, 12:29 AM
offensively AD

defensively Landry

Long-term...I'd probably go Landry. Even though AD is freakish in what he can do with a football in his hands, (not to mention his ridiculous burst in the open field) I'm still not convinced AD is going to stay healthy with the way he runs.

I think Landry has the longer career and he can be everything Roy Williams could've been at one point before he decided it was more fun to make Sportscenter.

GreenMonster
11-07-2007, 12:32 AM
Are any of those guys O-Linemen? That's who I'd take. Those guys tend to give you more bang for your buck than the skill position guys. The skill guys may have a few good years, but the lineman type tend to give 15 or so good years. If I had the scratch to buy me an NFL team I'd trade away anything that I had of value for some other team's 1st round pick in 5 years. I'd be as bad as possible. After I go 1-15 and get the #1 pick the following year I trade it away for some other team's current #1 and their #1 in 4 years. I'd then dish off that #1 and a couple of my other picks for some other teams #1 in 4 years. Now I am up to my number 1 and 3 other teams' number 1 in 4 years. I'd then do it again the next year still trying to stock up for that one big year. My third draft I would pick a big time college QB and try to sign an over-the-hill QB to tutor him. The couple of years I'd draft all defense. When my 1 big year pops up I'd draft all the stud linemen I could grab. After the O-line gets a season under their belt I would draft a RB and unleash my QB that has been in training. The next year I'd go WR and try to find a steal at TE and sign any free agents I could to round out my D and make a run at the title for the next 3 or 4 years.

lakers
11-07-2007, 12:53 AM
JaMarcus Russell, I think he has a lot of potential

KngKongInDTrunk
11-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by lakers
JaMarcus Russell, I think he has a lot of potential

Hollywood thug.

Texasfootball2
11-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Adrian Petterson

bigron15
11-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Are any of those guys O-Linemen? That's who I'd take.

Joe Thomas is an offensive tackle.

I would take Adrian Peterson because he can do sooooo much. He can obviously run the ball (for 294 yards and a NFL record his rookie year while splitting carries), he can catch the ball out of the backfield and he can pass block. all around great player (so far)

big daddy russ
11-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Brown's been doing well up in Ohio, Thomas was also a stud OT coming out of college (but I don't know how he's fared in the NFL), Calvin Johnson may be the next Randy Moss/Terrell Owens, and Landry is the best defensive player in this class, but I'd still take AD. I don't know if I've ever seen a RB do the things that he did. Eric Dickerson, of course, but AD's doing all this his rookie season.

DUKE22
11-07-2007, 12:29 PM
I dont see how at this point you can chose anyone over Peterson. I mean the guy leads the NFL in rushing, just set the record. We all know how important running the ball is in the NFL.

Sweetwater Red
11-07-2007, 01:19 PM
As much as I would like to say Calvin Johnson it appears he''ll
finally learn Mike Martz' system about the time Martz lands
another HC job. Detroit's secondary sure could use LaRon
Landry.