PDA

View Full Version : Tank vs. Cook

JasperDog94
10-28-2003, 10:39 AM
I was wondering if people could post some info to compare these two guys. From what I've seen of Cook (from Jasper - I don't know his stats or his build) and what I've heard about Tank (Marlin) they sound very similar. Just wanted to see what you guys thought.

BiG DoGs
10-28-2003, 10:44 AM
Tank is what his name says "TANK" at 5'10 and 195 pounds this boy can run

southern_thunder
10-28-2003, 10:55 AM
Cook is 5'9" 260 lbs. plus and runs a 4.8 forty.
He is a real load to take down!!!

<small>[ October 28, 2003, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: southern_thunder ]</small>

PPHSfan
10-28-2003, 11:30 AM
5'10" 195lbs for some reason does not make me think of the word "Tank".

It makes me think of 7th graders :D

This is Texas Football right?

JasperDog94
10-28-2003, 11:36 AM
PPHSfan:
5'10" 195lbs for some reason does not make me think of the word "Tank".

It makes me think of 7th graders :D

This is Texas Football right?OUCH!!! :o eek!

St. Ivender
10-28-2003, 11:52 AM
Saw Tank play Newton in the playoffs last year. He was more impressive on defense than offense. Plus he was hurt part of the game because the Eagles were putting a hat or two on him. Cook seems more impressive, A real load.

Wildcat81
10-28-2003, 12:25 PM
southern_thunder:
He is a real load to take down!!!Thats fast for his size. They should nickname him
the steamroller.

http://www.jamnart.com/art-intro/mascots/thumbnails/Wildcats.jpg

JasperDog94
10-28-2003, 12:35 PM
They call Cook "Cannonball".

spiveyrat
10-28-2003, 12:37 PM
What happens when an irresistable force meets an unmovable object?

booger1
10-28-2003, 12:40 PM
southern_thunder:
He is a real load to take down!!!I think that forty time is a little bit faster! Maybe a 4.6-4.7 is more like it! He broke through a hole against Diboll and NOBODY caught him. Diboll's secondary has some pretty fast guys too!

JasperDog94
10-28-2003, 12:42 PM
spiveyrat:
What happens when an irresistable force meets an unmovable object?I'll bite...what?

PPHSfan
10-28-2003, 12:43 PM
spiveyrat
What happens when an irresistable force meets an unmovable object?.
Are you sure these are words?

spiveyrat
10-28-2003, 12:46 PM
JasperDog94:

spiveyrat:
What happens when an irresistable force meets an unmovable object?I'll bite...what?That was more of a rhetorical question...

Maybe you could find the answer in an advanced college physics text.

<small>[ October 28, 2003, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

spiveyrat
10-28-2003, 12:48 PM
PPHSfan:

spiveyrat
Are you sure these are words?No. Just a phrase I picked up somewhere. If you like, I'll check my spelling...

Wildcat81
10-28-2003, 12:50 PM
When Mr Cook gets moving watch out.It could hurt.

PPHSfan
10-28-2003, 12:51 PM
If you meant what happens when a unstoppable force meets with a immovable object the answer is...nothing. It would be impossible for both of these things to exist in the same universe, therefore neither exists at all.

DOGcatcher
10-28-2003, 12:52 PM
What happens when an irresistable force meets an immovable object? Although it is not really a particularly deep philosophical question, it is a classic paradox. An irresistable force can move any object. An immovable object cannot be moved. Hmm. Makes a person think.

What happens in real life, when an irresistable force meets an immovable object? Well, there are no irresistable forces. And, there are no immovable objects. So, the question has no answer. We do not live in a universe which allows irresistable forces and immovable objects.

So, the question is hypothetical, as we already knew. Let's imagine a universe which allows irresistable forces. Such a universe cannot allow immovable objects, as that would violate the very definition of our hypothetical universe. Let's imagine a universe which allows immovable objects. Again, such a universe cannot allow irrestable forces, as that would violate the very definition of our second hypothetical universe.

So, an irresistable force cannot meet an immovable object. As I said above, we do not live in a universe which allows irresistable forces and immovable objects. In fact, no universe can ever allow both irresistable forces and immovable objects. And, the question has no answer.

spiveyrat
10-28-2003, 12:53 PM
spiveyrat:

PPHSfan:

spiveyrat
Are you sure these are words?No. Just a phrase I picked up somewhere. If you like, I'll check my spelling...Irresistible... Although it was spelled incorrectly, I knew it was a word. I hope you did too. Unmovable was correct.

JasperDog94
10-28-2003, 12:55 PM
DOGcatcher:
What happens when an irresistable force meets an immovable object? Although it is not really a particularly deep philosophical question, it is a classic paradox. An irresistable force can move any object. An immovable object cannot be moved. Hmm. Makes a person think.

What happens in real life, when an irresistable force meets an immovable object? Well, there are no irresistable forces. And, there are no immovable objects. So, the question has no answer. We do not live in a universe which allows irresistable forces and immovable objects.

So, the question is hypothetical, as we already knew. Let's imagine a universe which allows irresistable forces. Such a universe cannot allow immovable objects, as that would violate the very definition of our hypothetical universe. Let's imagine a universe which allows immovable objects. Again, such a universe cannot allow irrestable forces, as that would violate the very definition of our second hypothetical universe.

So, an irresistable force cannot meet an immovable object. As I said above, we do not live in a universe which allows irresistable forces and immovable objects. In fact, no universe can ever allow both irresistable forces and immovable objects. And, the question has no answer.Mommy, my head hurts.... frown

spiveyrat
10-28-2003, 12:56 PM
I don't remember hearing it as unstoppable... But, my memory isn't what it used to be either! :D

PPHSfan
10-28-2003, 01:00 PM
Well the word "irresistible" means not able to be resisted or successfully opposed. It really has nothing to do with being able to "stop" a moving object, which is what I think you were implying. :D

spiveyrat
10-28-2003, 01:08 PM
PPHSfan:
Well the word "irresistible" means not able to be resisted or successfully opposed. It really has nothing to do with being able to "stop" a moving object, which is what I think you were implying. :D See Dogcatcher's comments. The paradox he brings to light was the overall hypothetical idea I was trying to bring forth. He was just much more loquacious, accurate, and knowledgeable than I am on the subject.

I was simply trying to make a comparison of the two forces as an analogy between Tank and Cook.

<small>[ October 28, 2003, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

St. Ivender
10-28-2003, 01:11 PM
Why doesn't the irresistable force simply go around the immovable object?

PPHSfan
10-28-2003, 01:16 PM
If you scroll up, I beat Dogcatcher to the punch in pointing it out as a paradox. :p

PPHSfan
10-28-2003, 01:17 PM
St. Ivender:
Why doesn't the irresistable force simply go around the immovable object?.
Or why not just use the fact that it is irresistable to charm the object into moving?

spiveyrat
10-28-2003, 01:19 PM
Look, I'm not going to bicker about who posted what first. I thought you had trouble understanding what I typed so I tried to explain it.

PPHSfan
10-28-2003, 01:31 PM
ROFL

Bongo
10-28-2003, 01:43 PM
PPHSFAN, so if Tank (unmoveable) came up against Beyonce Knowles (irresistable)would Beyonce get Tank to move, or would Tank be able to resist Beyonce's attempts to make him move?

I think the answer in THIS context is the unmoveable would move.

crimson blood
10-28-2003, 01:54 PM
i am moved by the irresistable charm... and my head hurts also. :D

BiG DoGs
10-28-2003, 02:49 PM
Man....Can you please stick to the topic and stop talking about the quote... and the nickname "TANK" isnt because of his size its what he will do to you if you get in the way... Thats what "TANK" stands for....

Wildcat81
10-28-2003, 03:04 PM
crimson blood:
i am moved by the irresistable charm... and my head hurts also. :D You got crimson blood. My head hurts to. Enough of
tank.

JasperDog94
10-28-2003, 03:20 PM
There are those kind of running backs that will try to run around you, those that will try to run through you, and those that CAN run through you. If Cook can run around you he will...if not then he'll run through you. I haven't seen Tank play, but I'm assuming that he's very similar. Just a little less of him.

PPHSfan
10-28-2003, 03:25 PM
BiG DoGs:
Man....Can you please stick to the topic and stop talking about the quote... and the nickname "TANK" isnt because of his size its what he will do to you if you get in the way... Thats what "TANK" stands for.....
Don't get me started ya little PUP. I was doing what we do on here all of the time. It's called, having some fun. When you have a couple hundred more posts to add to those 7 you have made, then you will understand. Until then, 5'10" 195lb? gonna do what to me? :D

Hell my oldest son was that big in the fifth grade. And he still knows who his daddy is. :D

<small>[ October 28, 2003, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

St. Ivender
10-28-2003, 03:41 PM
PPHSfan:

St. Ivender:
Why doesn't the irresistable force simply go around the immovable object?.
Or why not just use the fact that it is irresistable to charm the object into moving?PPHSfan the irresistable force must not be a woman.

PPHSfan
10-28-2003, 03:43 PM
OH!

Festus1
10-28-2003, 04:05 PM
OK. back to the topic at hand. I've seen both players this year. Smith is probably a better open field runner and a little faster. Cook is a better short yardage back and he is a real force to be dealt with. He can carry 4 or 5 guys 6 to 10 yards any time he gets a head of steam. The key to stopping him is blast through the line and get him before he gets rolling. He could probably sign with any DI school as a full back but with spread offenses being the offense of choice these days, he will probably get very few looks. I don't think he is the greatest blocking back either but his size and speed make up for a lot.

PPHSfan
10-28-2003, 04:07 PM
Smith? Cook? What happened to the Tank?

Wildcat81
10-28-2003, 04:38 PM
maybe he rusted away.

JasperDog94
10-28-2003, 04:57 PM
Wildcat81:
maybe he rusted away.LOL :D

White&Crimson
10-28-2003, 06:42 PM
Well I don't know how to quantify how much force is produced by Cook, but I do know that if you play Hungington at home, you will have to take into consideration the coefficient of sliding friction. :D

Chris Hart
10-28-2003, 07:12 PM
PPHSfan:
If you meant what happens when a unstoppable force meets with a immovable object the answer is...nothing. It would be impossible for both of these things to exist in the same universe, therefore neither exists at all.Shouldn't an intelligent man like yourself, know that 'a' should be 'an' in your first sentence? :D :D :D (jk) :)

bearkatdad
10-28-2003, 07:20 PM
'Irresistible,immoveable,loquacious,hypothetical'? ???...hey...this is football!!!...Let's try and keep it to 1 syllable words, ok? :p ...And besides, the topic is Jasper vs Woodville..
Jasper 35
Woodville 7

bearkatdad
10-28-2003, 07:24 PM
OooPs...my mistake...the topic was "Tank and Cook"...go ahead and use the multi-syllable words.. :)

PPHSfan
10-28-2003, 08:21 PM
Chris Hart:

PPHSfan:
If you meant what happens when a unstoppable force meets with a immovable object the answer is...nothing. It would be impossible for both of these things to exist in the same universe, therefore neither exists at all.Shouldn't an intelligent man like yourself, know that 'a' should be 'an' in your first sentence? :D :D :D (jk) :) .
Actually the a an rule applies to the noun, not the adjective, so I am right, and you, as usual, are wrong again. :D :p j/k and it is my second a that is incorrect, not the 1st one. LOL

<small>[ October 28, 2003, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

Hupernikomen
10-28-2003, 09:32 PM
PPHSfan:

Chris Hart:

PPHSfan:
If you meant what happens when a unstoppable force meets with a immovable object the answer is...nothing. It would be impossible for both of these things to exist in the same universe, therefore neither exists at all.Shouldn't an intelligent man like yourself, know that 'a' should be 'an' in your first sentence? :D :D :D (jk) :) .
Actually the a an rule applies to the noun, not the adjective, so I am right, and you, as usual, are wrong again. :D :p j/k and it is my second a that is incorrect, not the 1st one. LOLActually PPHSfan, he is correct on this one. The a/an rule applies to any word after the indefinite article not just the noun it modifies. So both of your a's need to be an's.

Interestingly, if the letter after the indefinite article is a "u" and has the same sound as the "y" in you (a union) or is an "o" and has the same sound as the "w" in won (a one-legged man)then it is to be preceded by a instead of an.

Compliments of my wife the English teacher.

PPHSfan
10-28-2003, 09:38 PM
Ok, but can she cook and clean? :p

next generation
10-28-2003, 09:40 PM
Tank Smith 1400 yards as a soph. Real shifty and shows power.

Hupernikomen
10-28-2003, 11:18 PM
PPHSfan:
Ok, but can she cook and clean? :p Umm, I better stick to talking about football.

:p

MARLINFAN
10-28-2003, 11:26 PM
http://www.marlindemocrat.com/content/articles/2003/10/28/news/sports/sports01.jpg .

here is tank, he has had this name tank since he was little, was always a stong cocky kid.

JasperDog94
10-28-2003, 11:28 PM
White&Crimson:
Well I don't know how to quantify how much force is produced by Cook, but I do know that if you play Hungington at home, you will have to take into consideration the coefficient of sliding friction. :D Teacher: "Yes, little Johnny."

Little Johnny: "What's co-a-fishin? Is that where you fish with a friend?"

...you know where I'm goin' with this White&Crimson.
:D :D :D

MARLINFAN
10-28-2003, 11:29 PM
He has 538 yards on 39 carries this season, 9 td. he has missed the first 5 games of the year so u have your take on him

MARLINFAN
10-29-2003, 10:14 AM
is cook a senior this yr. i have never saw him does anybody have a pic of him

Bongo
10-29-2003, 10:55 AM
I hear Cook is so hard to catch, you can't even get a picture of him!

eaglefan
10-29-2003, 12:44 PM
I have only seen Tank play one game and that was the Regional semi-finals last season against LaGrange. He had the most amazing run as he took a base dive play right up the middle 99 yards and ran away from the entire defense on a bummed ankle. I do not even think that he played the second half because of that ankle. He as such a low center of gravity as well as speed that makes him one of the premier backs in CenTex I believe.

JasperDog94
10-29-2003, 01:09 PM
No doubt that both of these guys are an integral part of their team. I don't think either team would be goin' far without these guys.

booger1
10-29-2003, 01:55 PM
MARLINFAN:
is cook a senior this yr. i have never saw him does anybody have a pic of himHe's about 5'9" and about 250-260? IF you get at the line of srimmage, he hits hard (heard it from the stands) and probably knock him down. If he breaks, Good Bye!