PDA

View Full Version : Rape: now women can bite back

kepdawg
11-06-2007, 07:58 PM
:eek:

Rape: now women can bite back

The words of a rape victim - "If only I had teeth down there" - have inspired the design of a new anti-rape device.

Rapex - dubbed the 'rape trap' - is a product worn internally by women. The hollow inside is lined with rows of razor-sharp hooks, which are designed to latch on to a rapist's penis during penetration. They can only be removed by a doctor.

The product will be on the shelves of South African chemists and supermarkets later this month. South African mother-of-two Sonette Ehlers developed the original prototype in 2005 but has struggled to get it patented and approved for sale, not least because of staunch opposition from feminist groups.

"Vengeful, horrible, and disgusting," was the response from Charlene Smith, one of South Africa's leading anti-rape campaigners. Lisa Vetten, of the Centre of Violence and Reconciliation in Johannesburg, says: "This is like going back to the days when women were forced to wear chastity belts. It is a terrifying thought that women are being made to adapt to rape."

Some also fear that the sudden infliction of pain on the rapist could incite him to even greater violence.

Ehlers, however, is adamant that desperate times call for desperate measures. South Africa has the world's highest rate of sexual assault: a staggering 1.7m women are raped each year. She believes the product, priced at one Rand, will be particularly useful for poorer black women who walk long distances to and from work.

With state intervention frustratingly slow, Ehlers argues this ugly version of empowerment is justified. "I don't hate men," she says. "I have not got revenge in mind. All I am doing is giving women their power back."

LINK (http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/index.php?storyID=2140)

buff4life
11-06-2007, 08:00 PM
so what about consensual sex?

gotta suck for a boyfriend...

and dirty joke comes to my mind from that story...

kepdawg
11-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
so what about consensual sex?

gotta suck for a boyfriend...

I'd assume a woman would be smart enough to not wear it if she was going to have consensual sex!

lakers
11-06-2007, 08:07 PM
OUCH, that is worse than a kick to the balls...:o

buff4life
11-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I'd assume a woman would be smart enough to not wear it if she was going to have consensual sex!

OOO i gotcha, i misread the part about the doctor removing it...

Darren
11-06-2007, 09:28 PM

Is it the one about the Pickle Slicer?

buff4life
11-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Is it the one about the Pickle Slicer?

either that or the one with the 3 strangers spending the night in a farmer's barn and the farmer has a hot daughter...

nobogey72
11-07-2007, 08:02 AM
I think my wife was born with one of those contraptions already in place.:(

TheDOCTORdre
11-07-2007, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72

thats no good

Darren
11-07-2007, 08:29 AM

Ouch...

charlesrixey
11-07-2007, 08:35 AM
I think my wife was born with one of those contraptions already in place.:( :flaming:

guess where the flames come from?

that hurts deep inside, man

there are some things they don't tell you about in the marraige license, isn't there?

:doh:

(disclaimer: i am happily married)

Ranger Mom
11-07-2007, 09:40 AM
OOO i gotcha, i misread the part about the doctor removing it...

Is it saying that the "rape trap" is removed by a doctor, or that the hooks that grasp the...uh....um.....you know, can only be removed by a doctor??

CHS_CG
11-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Is it saying that the "rape trap" is removed by a doctor, or that the hooks that grasp the...uh....um.....you know, can only be removed by a doctor??

I think it was saying if a guy "gets through" it will grab the goods and only a doctor can get it off... but I would like to know how the women are able to have consensual sex

Ranger Mom
11-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I think it was saying if a guy "gets through" it will grab the goods and only a doctor can get it off... but I would like to know how the women are able to have consensual sex

Maybe it's kinda like a diaphragm and can be taken out at will??

crzyjournalist03
11-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Maybe it's kinda like a diaphragm and can be taken out at will??

I wonder how? By reaching your finger into it and pulling it out? Then you have to go to the doctor to get it removed from your finger....something just doesn't make sense about any of this to me.

pirate4state
11-07-2007, 10:32 AM
This is so stupid! You can't walk around being afraid all the time. This is just way too extreme!

Ranger Mom
11-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I wonder how? By reaching your finger into it and pulling it out? Then you have to go to the doctor to get it removed from your finger....something just doesn't make sense about any of this to me.

I can't believe I am discussing this...lol!!

It has a "lip" on it that can be used for removal....you are gonna have to go to a greater depth to get to the teeth!

crzyjournalist03
11-07-2007, 10:34 AM
I can't believe I am discussing this...lol!!

It has a "lip" on it that can be used for removal....you are gonna have to go to a greater depth to get to the teeth!

:doh: I just assumed it was covered in razors...I guess I didn't think about the fact that you don't need a hundred razors to do some damage.

Ranger Mom
11-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
:doh: I just assumed it was covered in razors...I guess I didn't think about the fact that you don't need a hundred razors to do some damage.

It's on the inside of the "device"...it's not covered with them...LMAO!!!

Looks extremely uncomfortable though!!:eek: :eek:

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/features/2005/07/images/070404rapex.jpg

CHS_CG
11-07-2007, 10:40 AM
It's on the inside of the "device"...it's not covered with them...LMAO!!!

Looks extremely uncomfortable though!!:eek: :eek:

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/features/2005/07/images/070404rapex.jpg

so not gunna make the comment i have in my head at the moment

crzyjournalist03
11-07-2007, 10:42 AM
one more question:

If these things become available at supermarkets, what's going to prevent a deranged girl from going Lorena Bobbit on a boyfriend that she's pissed at???

Ranger Mom
11-07-2007, 10:44 AM
I don't think they will make it to market myself...not in the US anyway!!