Thurman Thomas
Ladainian Tomlinson
Adrian Peterson

Obviously it's still very early in Peterson's career

Who else needs mentioned

This list is not a 1-6 ranking of these players

big daddy russ
11-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Pro careers, college, high school, or everything rolled into one?

Buckeyeman
11-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Billy Sims from Hooks
David Overstreet fom Big Sandy. Died in 1984

Gobbla2001
11-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Joseph Addai isn't doin' too bad for the Colts... outta Sharpstown...

Chopblock
11-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Thomas Sanders Giddings/A&M/Chicago/Philadelpha

Tank was a good one

Gobbla2001
11-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Priest Holmes wasn't too bad, and still may not be (still playing a bit at KC)...

3 time pro-bowler outta SA Marshall...

kepdawg
11-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Pro careers, college, high school, or everything rolled into one?

Whole body of work

kepdawg
11-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Buckeyeman
Billy Sims from Hooks
David Overstreet fom Big Sandy. Died in 1984

I thought of Sims

Did Overstreet do anything after college?

kepdawg
11-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Joseph Addai isn't doin' too bad for the Colts... outta Sharpstown...

I didn't even know he was from Texas

Cool

kepdawg
11-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Chopblock
Thomas Sanders Giddings/A&M/Chicago/Philadelpha

Tank was a good one

Who? :thinking:

kepdawg
11-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Priest Holmes wasn't too bad, and still may not be (still playing a bit at KC)...

3 time pro-bowler outta SA Marshall...

He's another one that crossed my mind

Gobbla2001
11-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Walter Payton coulda been from Texas, but he was born in Mississippi for some reason :mad:

Old Tiger

3 time pro-bowler outta SA Marshall... Has the most rushing yards in NFL history for an undrafted player. Willie Parker is going to beat him out however.

kepdawg
Walter Payton coulda been from Texas, but he was born in Mississippi for some reason :mad:

I don't know what his momma was thinkin'

Gobbla2001
11-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I don't know what his momma was thinkin'

me either, but atleast he wasn't born to some family of inbread lobstermen from up in Maine or something...

Gobbla2001
11-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Proof that Texas High School football is the best:

The geese fly in from the North this time of year... not because of the weather, but because they want to watch REAL football...

Stownhorse
11-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Ricky Williams

Reds fan
11-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Craig James

Gobbla2001
11-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Ricky Williams

the one that played at Texas Tech?

kepdawg
11-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Craig James

I thought about him too

Not bad for a white guy

kepdawg
11-06-2007, 10:42 PM

Is there another one

Duncanville -> Tech -> Colts

Gobbla2001
11-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Is there another one

Duncanville -> Tech -> Colts

yah, just makin' sure he wasn't mistaking Ut's Ricky Williams for a Tx Hs player (which I'm sure he wasn't, just making sure)...

the only thing UT's Ricky Williams did during high school was dream of smokin' pot in Texas...

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2007, 10:48 PM
the only thing UT's Ricky Williams did during high school was dream of smokin' pot in Texas...
ROFL! :D

I realize his pro numbers aren't there yet.....not sure they will be either, but Cedric Benson.

Gobbla2001
11-06-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
ROFL! :D

I realize his pro numbers aren't there yet.....not sure they will be either, but Cedric Benson.

yah, he hasn't produced yet in Chi-Town... honestly I think it'd be best for Da Bears if they traded him for something... anything... and I think Ced would do a lot better somewhere else... just doesn't seem to be working out there for him in anyway... maybe a change of locker-rooms would do him well...

Crow22
11-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Rodney Thomas

scotty
11-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Harvey Williams and Thermon Thomas

g$$
11-07-2007, 08:58 PM

Not worthy of this list, but Thomas Sanders was a darn good player for many years at A&M & in the pros.

g$$
11-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Craig James

Stratford HS in Houston - SMU - NE Patriots

State Championship in HS at highest classification in 1978

Darn good player. Eric Dickerson called him the fastest White boy he had ever seen. Injuries cut short a promising pro career.

g$$
11-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Running backs who played Texas High School Football

Whole body of work

Doak Walker
Earl Campbell
Eric Dickerson
Thurman Thomas
Ladainian Tomlinson
Adrian Peterson

Obviously it's still very early in Peterson's career

Who else needs mentioned

This list is not a 1-6 ranking of these players

Further proof that you can play in any classification & be great. Just like Shaq O'Neal in bball (3A/2A SA Cole).

Dickerson = Sealy
Peterson = Palestine
Sims = Hooks
Overstreet = Big Sandy

etc.

Love it!

mustang04
11-07-2007, 09:19 PM
cedric benson.....dont worry, he'll have done really good once its all said and done

Bull's-eye
11-07-2007, 09:29 PM
#1 all-time Sugar Land's Ken Hall

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-07-2007, 09:42 PM
Dominique Rhodes from Abilene Cooper

He did really well the year that James was hurt for the Colts.

g$$
11-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye

He goes on the BIG list for sure. Still owns national records. Just named a new stadium for him here in Missouri City/Sugar Land (actually at Hightower HS).

Put him on the list with Earl & others!

g$$
11-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
cedric benson.....dont worry, he'll have done really good once its all said and done

Avg. NFL back. Lost the burst he had at Midland Lee & Texas. Just not the same back anymore.

big daddy russ
11-07-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Bear Bryant called him the only player he ever mishandled and the most talented player he ever coached. That's going up against guys like Joe Namath, John Hannah, LeeRoy Jordan, Dwight Stephenson, Kenny Stabler, Dennis Homan, Jonny Musso, Ozzie Newsome, etc, etc, etc. Still regretted how he treated Hall three decades after the fact.

Chopblock
11-07-2007, 10:57 PM

Thomas "Tank" Sanders started at Tailback for TAMU I remember his freshman year, he ran a kickoff back against UT that lead to them winning the game
He was overshadowed by the "Pony Express" at SMU, Thomas quitely punished defenders while Eric and Craig were the hot item in the SWC

TMer25
11-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Greg Hill. Didn't do much in the league but was a stud at Dallas Carter and A&M.

Stownhorse
11-07-2007, 11:31 PM

Pff no, the one that broke the career rushing yds. for Texas.

kepdawg
11-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Pff no, the one that broke the career rushing yds. for Texas.

Pff, that one didn't play Texas high school football

g$$
11-08-2007, 12:12 AM

Exactly, from San Diego & what a great human being. ;)

g$$
11-08-2007, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Bear Bryant called him the only player he ever mishandled and the most talented player he ever coached. That's going up against guys like Joe Namath, John Hannah, LeeRoy Jordan, Dwight Stephenson, Kenny Stabler, Dennis Homan, Jonny Musso, Ozzie Newsome, etc, etc, etc. Still regretted how he treated Hall three decades after the fact.

That is correct. And, Hall later admitted he was young & immature too when it all went bad with the Bear. Still played in the NFL after all that. Gosh I wish it would have worked out better for him at Texas A&M.

He is worthy of this list for sure.

g$$
11-08-2007, 12:18 AM
Slingin' Sammy Baugh (Rotan & Temple right?)

I know he was a qb, punter, & db. But he did a little of everything too. Should we include him? Probably not or we open it up to all who touch the ball.

First inductee into Pro Football HOF says it all. How cool is that honor? Wow.

Stownhorse
11-08-2007, 12:19 AM

He went to school in texas.

Cedric Benson is also a good one.

g$$
11-08-2007, 12:21 AM
He went to school in texas.

Cedric Benson is also a good one.

No Ricky Williams (UT) went to college in Texas. Not from Texas. And a weirdo to boot.

Does not count here.

Stownhorse
11-08-2007, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by g$$
No Ricky Williams (UT) went to college in Texas. Not from Texas. And a weirdo to boot.

Does not count here.

Dang give me some credit. geez

for some reason I though he was out of Midland or Odessa but thats Benson right?

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 12:28 AM

for some reason I though he was out of Midland or Odessa but thats Benson right? Ricky was from California ;)

g$$
11-08-2007, 12:29 AM

for some reason I though he was out of Midland or Odessa but thats Benson right?

Benson went to Midland Lee. He has flopped in the NFL after once looking so promising. No burst anymore.

There is a Ricky Williams from Duncanville/Tech/played in NFL too. Different guy altogether.

g$$
11-08-2007, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Ricky was from California ;)

San Diego, CA & likes the hippie lettuce quite a bit.

Aggie players told me matter of factly years ago he was bisexual too. No confirmation, but fyi. Different cat.

Stownhorse
Ricky was from California ;)

Yea, thanks.

Exactly, from San Diego & what a great human being.

Old Tiger
Originally posted by g$$
San Diego, CA & what a great human being. ;) Nothing wrong with getting high.

Stownhorse
11-08-2007, 12:34 AM
Nothing wrong with getting high.

Except getting caught.

g$$
11-08-2007, 12:34 AM
Aint nothing wrong with getting high.

Our legal system & the NFL sure think so. He's still out of work too. :)

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Our legal system & the NFL sure think so. He's still out of work too. :) Except in Denver, Colorado where it is legal to possess under a set ammount and no intent to distribute. ;)

bigron15
11-08-2007, 02:43 AM
the nfl has been called the No Fun League by the players and some broadcasters because of the tight restrictions

g$$
11-08-2007, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by bigron15
the nfl has been called the No Fun League by the players and some broadcasters because of the tight restrictions

And??

Stownhorse
11-08-2007, 02:52 AM
Except in Denver, Colorado where it is legal to possess under a set ammount and no intent to distribute. ;)

This makes no sense.

Denver votes to legalize marijuana possession
By Patrick O'Driscoll, USA TODAY
DENVER — Voters here approved making Denver the first major city to legalize small amounts of marijuana, but the mayor warned that state law still makes possession of the drug illegal.
"OK of pot issue gives new meaning to Mile High City," said Wednesday's headline in the Rocky Mountain News. The measure, which passed Tuesday with 54% of the vote, says adults 21 and older may possess up to an ounce of marijuana without penalty in the city.

A few other cities, including Seattle and Oakland, have laws that make marijuana possession a low priority for police. A dozen states, including Colorado, have decriminalized possession of small amounts but still issue fines.

Unlike Denver, the Colorado ski town of Telluride, population 2,300, narrowly defeated a measure Tuesday that would have made possession of marijuana the lowest police priority. It might be already: Just 17 citations were issued there last year for pot possession.

Don't expect clouds of marijuana smoke to fill Denver's thin air. Mayor John Hickenlooper said police will continue to arrest and charge people for marijuana because state law still makes possession illegal.

Hickenlooper said the city can adopt an ordinance that is stricter than state law on marijuana but not one that is weaker.

Bruce Mirken, spokesman for the Marijuana Policy Project in Washington, D.C., said Denver's vote will spur initiatives in other cities to legalize and regulate marijuana like alcohol or tobacco.

"It's certainly likely to energize people. This is the wind in the sails of reform," Mirken said Wednesday. "Rethinking marijuana prohibition is mainstream. This is the heart of America saying, 'Hold on, maybe our current marijuana laws don't make a lot of sense.' And the fact is, they're right."

Mason Tvert, who led the Denver campaign for legalized pot, said he will encourage people who are charged under state law to fight their arrests in court.

In Colorado, having an ounce of marijuana or less is punishable by a $100 fine but no jail time. "It's like a speeding ticket, and only a fraction of people end up going to court over it," said Tvert, founder of SAFER, or Safer Alternative For Enjoyable Recreation.

Tvert said his group also will seek a state initiative to license and regulate the sale of marijuana. His campaign argued that legalized pot is a safer alternative, considering the problems that arise from alcohol abuse such as violent crime and health risks.

The mayor said he opposed the measure because he considers marijuana a "gateway" drug that can lead to harder substances and "much more self-destructive behaviors." Hickenlooper acknowledged, however, that Denver's vote "does reflect a genuine shift in people's attitudes."

Although Denver's marijuana vote caught attention, the main issue Coloradans approved Tuesday will let the state government keep $3.7 billion in tax revenue over the next five years. The money otherwise would have been refunded to taxpayers under a 1992 constitutional amendment, the Taxpayer Bill of Rights, which has strict caps on state spending. The statewide referendum passed with 52% of the vote.

bigron15
11-08-2007, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by g$$
And??

what do u want from me?

charlesrixey
11-08-2007, 09:25 AM
Has the most rushing yards in NFL history for an undrafted player. Willie Parker is going to beat him out however.

i doubt it

i still don't see parker as a star

charlesrixey
11-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by g$$
San Diego, CA & likes the hippie lettuce quite a bit.

Aggie players told me matter of factly years ago he was bisexual too. No confirmation, but fyi. Different cat.

why would an aggie's thoughts on a longhorn player be worth the words it was spoken with?

g$$
11-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
why would an aggie's thoughts on a longhorn player be worth the words it was spoken with?

Maybe because the guys who told me that actually knew him, thought he was an ok guy, & said it with no malice. It is what it is. He is out there.

Believe whatever you want. He has certainly done well in the NFL huh? ;)