PDA

View Full Version : Burkburnett

Chunkthepill
11-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Burkburnett - how good are they?

Believe they will get canyon the first round. Did they make the playoffs last year?

Dominicfrank
11-06-2007, 06:06 PM
Burk is a good team. Better than Hirschi was late year so be prepared.

lakers
11-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Chunkthepill
Burkburnett - how good are they?

Believe they will get canyon the first round. Did they make the playoffs last year?

idk, it could be a close one against canyon. I would like to see them beat canyon...

Chunkthepill
11-06-2007, 10:13 PM
how are they doing in district?

EaglePop
11-06-2007, 10:43 PM
They are 2-1 and have Graham Friday night.

What % of pass/run do they do?

VERNONLION#1
11-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Burk should beat Graham this week and I think they will upset Canyon in the first round.

GreenMonster
11-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by EaglePop
They are 2-1 and have Graham Friday night.

What % of pass/run do they do? They throw it 5 - 10 times a game. Wishbone ground attack with several weapons.

lakers
11-06-2007, 11:56 PM
They hardly ever throw. They have a kid in the back field tha is very shifty...

RedWhiteBlue
11-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
Burk should beat Graham this week and I think they will upset Canyon in the first round.
I think you are wrong.....

lakers
11-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1

i dont think they will beat graham. as much as i would like to see them beat canyon, i dont think it will happen

Texasfootball2
11-07-2007, 12:13 PM
If this game is in Burkburnett, I give them a good chance to win. Graham has not played well the last two or three weeks and seem to be turning the ball over quite a bit. Graham is capable of getting it going again but I think Burks style of play will control the tempo. If Graham wants to make a good playoff run they really need to find the confidence they had earlier in the year, because Dalhart will not be much of a test. This is their last chance to gain some real momentum before a second round matchup with the Clyde/Argyle winner.

lion75
11-07-2007, 12:19 PM
I think Burk is very solid, but they don't have the passing game IMO to beat Graham. Vernon's ability to pass (170 yds vs. Graham) was crucial. I don't think anybody should try to just run,run,run against Graham.

kepdawg
11-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Burk will win it all

Along with Andrews, Jasper, WOS, Sweetwater

And any other team that has ever dropped

RedWhiteBlue
11-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
If this game is in Burkburnett, I give them a good chance to win. Graham has not played well the last two or three weeks and seem to be turning the ball over quite a bit. Graham is capable of getting it going again but I think Burks style of play will control the tempo. If Graham wants to make a good playoff run they really need to find the confidence they had earlier in the year, because Dalhart will not be much of a test. This is their last chance to gain some real momentum before a second round matchup with the Clyde/Argyle winner.
I disagree. I think this is Graham's week to come back. Granted our wheels have been off the last 2 weeks, but we are getting them back on track and will be ready for the playoffs. The road trip to Burk will be good for us.
Don't count us out yet!!!

Texasfootball2
11-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
I disagree. I think this is Graham's week to come back. Granted our wheels have been off the last 2 weeks, but we are getting them back on track and will be ready for the playoffs. The road trip to Burk will be good for us.
Don't count us out yet!!!

Wasn't counting you out, just pointing out the fact that you haven't been clicking lately and in order to make a run this is the week you need to get it going. If you don't, then I give Burk a chance to win this game.:D

PurplePride2006
11-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Burks running game could give Graham trouble, but I don't think being one dimensional is gonna be enough. To beat Graham you have to be clicking on all cylinders.

Texasfootball2
11-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by PurplePride2006
Burks running game could give Graham trouble, but I don't think being one dimensional is gonna be enough. To beat Graham you have to be clicking on all cylinders.

One dimensional is sometimes good enough if you give them a short field because of turnovers. Graham has been turning it over lately. They had to hang on to beat Iowa Park 14-13 a couple of weeks ago (in Graham). I think Burk is much better than Iowa Park.

I don't remember predicting a Burk victory, all I've said is that Graham has to play better than they've played lately or Burk can win this game.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Graham's defense is very good against the run. Burk has a very good running attack but no passing game at all. They do have a little receiver (not tall or heavy) that has great hands and is quick, should they get it to him quick after the snap they may losen up Graham a bit.

Both teams were good (I saw Vernon play them both).

This is really a toss up game to me but if I had to bet it would be on Graham in a close one.

But if I had to choose one that Vernon had to play again it would be Graham.

RedWhiteBlue
11-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Graham's defense is very good against the run. Burk has a very good running attack but no passing game at all. They do have a little receiver (not tall or heavy) that has great hands and is quick, should they get it to him quick after the snap they may losen up Graham a bit.

Both teams were good (I saw Vernon play them both).

This is really a toss up game to me but if I had to bet it would be on Graham in a close one.

But if I had to choose one that Vernon had to play again it would be Graham.
You are right Z about our D and they have definitely kept us from getting totally blown off the field in some games. Without them I don't know where we would be (probably sitting at home a week from Friday). But I think our O is going to come back around this Friday and show everybody what they they are capable of. Like I said, "don't count us out yet".
And I haven't had a chance to tell you yet- Best of luck to you guys- I know you will respresent our district well!!!!

Odis
11-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Burk will beat Graham this week, then they will beat Canyon next week. They have the best secondary in the district.

RedWhiteBlue
11-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Odis
Burk will beat Graham this week, then they will beat Canyon next week. They have the best secondary in the district.
They have a chance of beating Graham, because we have been in a slump- but beat Canyon? I want some of what you have been smoking:smoker:
Eventhough, I would love for Burk to beat Canyon, because I want our district to go as far as possible in the playoffs- I just do not see it happening from what I have heard about Canyon.......

VWG
11-07-2007, 04:47 PM
You are right Z about our D and they have definitely kept us from getting totally blown off the field in some games. Without them I don't know where we would be (probably sitting at home a week from Friday). But I think our O is going to come back around this Friday and show everybody what they they are capable of. Like I said, "don't count us out yet".
And I haven't had a chance to tell you yet- Best of luck to you guys- I know you will respresent our district well!!!!

From what I have heard, if Graham continues to try and force the passing game then Graham will continue to struggle offensively.
That guy Holub had 170+ yards against Vernon. The O-line returned every starter from last year, and they haven't lost anybody to injury... right?
So.... what's up? It doesn't take a football genius to see that the Steers should run the ball more effectively than they can throw it.
How many picks is Case McCoy averaging per game... 2-3?

lion75
11-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Odis
Burk will beat Graham this week, then they will beat Canyon next week. They have the best secondary in the district. Welcome back, Odis. We've been waiting on another prediction from you. Didn't you predict Iowa Park would yield less than 100 points this year? How's that working?

RedWhiteBlue
11-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by VWG
From what I have heard, if Graham continues to try and force the passing game then Graham will continue to struggle offensively.
That guy Holub had 170+ yards against Vernon. The O-line returned every starter from last year, and they haven't lost anybody to injury... right?
So.... what's up? It doesn't take a football genius to see that the Steers should run the ball more effectively than they can throw it.
How many picks is Case McCoy averaging per game... 2-3?
Yep, Jake continues to play very well!!!
Like I said earlier- good luck to you guys in the post season and I hope you continue to go far!!!
GO STEERS!!!

VWG
11-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Yep, Jake continues to play very well!!!
Like I said earlier- good luck to you guys in the post season and I hope you continue to go far!!!
GO STEERS!!!

OK... you're tap dancing around the obvious question.

VWG
11-08-2007, 07:20 AM
ttt

RedWhiteBlue
11-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by VWG
OK... you're tap dancing around the obvious question.
No, I am just trying to keep it clean like the rules say.
It is obvious that you are just trying to start something that has already been addressed and the horse is dead and been kicked many times. I'm moving on to Burk and hoping for a better week- shouldn't you be worrying about your own team and what you guys need to work on instead of what we need to be doing?
I think supporting the other teams in our district at this point is a nice approach but apparently you don't fill that way.
If you choose to sit around and think about our offense, McCoy and our passing game- go ahead..... but your team would probably appreciate your support instead of your ramblings about a team you already played.
GO STEERS!!!!!

DaHop72
11-08-2007, 09:05 AM

It is obvious that you are just trying to start something that has already been addressed and the horse is dead and been kicked many times. http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/6045/horsefy2.gif
Here you go RWB.:D

RedWhiteBlue
11-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/6045/horsefy2.gif
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

Texasfootball2
11-08-2007, 09:15 AM
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/6045/horsefy2.gif

I am here by declaring this the greatest post ever!!!:D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheerl:

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-08-2007, 09:59 AM
I have always thought that VWG was from Graham. I know he is not from Vernon (I really don't know this but I suspect that he is not from Vernon). I have never seen him or her for that matter -- VWG could be a woman.

He has been around the block as from reading his posts over the past 5 years or so he knows about football. I have had suspicions that coaching is in his background.

For what it is worth we may never know.

Chunkthepill
11-08-2007, 06:25 PM
back on track people, don't care about ya'll fighting like a freshman pillow fight, wanna know about Burk. whay kept them out of the playoff last year. are they a lot better this year?

do they have to travel to play canyon next week. have they traveled very far this year for a game.

INFO

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-08-2007, 06:29 PM
back on track people, don't care about ya'll fighting like a freshman pillow fight, wanna know about Burk. whay kept them out of the playoff last year. are they a lot better this year?

do they have to travel to play canyon next week. have they traveled very far this year for a game.

INFO

Sorry I got off track. They didn't make the playoff last year because they lost 2 district games to quality teams.

They are solid. They have a very good O-line and a running back that will bruise you.

The D is solid as they shut Vernon out in the 2nd half. The Lions were able to pass on them though.

Burk is a very quality team. They will give Graham a very good game. They should challenge Canyon also.

lion75
11-08-2007, 06:43 PM

INFO Last year Graham won district and we had a 3-way tie for second between Vernon, Hirschi and Burk. Burk lost a tiebreaker. Hirschi was much better last year. I think they even beat Graham.

VWG
11-08-2007, 07:37 PM
The Bulldogs run a midline option attack and will try and pound it all night at you. They have a couple of good backs, one being a guy named Barnes and the other is Gould.
They have played a pretty good schedule this year, with wins over Clyde, TC Addison, Decatur, and Springtown. TC Addison is a 5A private school, meaning they have a 4A enrollment, and their loss to Burk was their only loss this year.
Vernon sprung 21 on them in the first half of their game, but Burk shut Vernon down in the second half losing 21-13.
Their passing game consists of sprint outs, much like Vernon's passing game. Watch out for Lorenzo Barnes on defense, he is a big fella that can create some havoc. (NOTE- Lorenzo Barnes is not the same as the other Barnes that plays RB)

VWG
11-08-2007, 08:18 PM
No, I am just trying to keep it clean like the rules say.
It is obvious that you are just trying to start something that has already been addressed and the horse is dead and been kicked many times. I'm moving on to Burk and hoping for a better week- shouldn't you be worrying about your own team and what you guys need to work on instead of what we need to be doing?
I think supporting the other teams in our district at this point is a nice approach but apparently you don't fill that way.
If you choose to sit around and think about our offense, McCoy and our passing game- go ahead..... but your team would probably appreciate your support instead of your ramblings about a team you already played.
GO STEERS!!!!!

By the way... I don't have a dog in this fight. I was just wanting to know someone's opinion of the Steers offense that watches them on a weekly basis. I can see now it's a sore subject with you, so forgive me for asking the question.

RedWhiteBlue
11-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by VWG
By the way... I don't have a dog in this fight. I was just wanting to know someone's opinion of the Steers offense that watches them on a weekly basis. I can see now it's a sore subject with you, so forgive me for asking the question.
DaHop- what did you do with that horse????
My opinion is that is it not clicking righ now- anything further than that would need to come from someone more knowledgable than me. Like..... maybe some coaches. If it is bothering you that much-ask them! Otherwise- MOVE ON!!!!!!
This a Burk thread and I would like to read some info about them, please......

DaHop72
11-08-2007, 09:36 PM
My opinion is that is it not clicking righ now- anything further than that would need to come from someone more knowledgable than me. Like..... maybe some coaches. If it is bothering you that much-ask them! Otherwise- MOVE ON!!!!!!
This a Burk thread and I would like to read some info about them, please......
Here he is.:D

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7073/horsefy2hi7.gif

GreenMonster
11-08-2007, 11:24 PM
This a Burk thread and I would like to read some info about them, please...... Touchy, Touchy. For the record, VWG is THE classiest poster on this board bar none. As for where the man calls home I have no idea. I've asked and he has politely declined. I know he isn't hiding either though because he has offered to meet for lunch to talk football while passing through here on his travels sometime. That has yet to happen but I do indeed hope to visit with this extremely well informed poster at some point in the future. There is no reason to ever be hostile towards him, and if you pay close attention you just might learn something so that you might be able to add to your apparently limited (by your own admission) football knowledge. He asks simple questions trying to get back simple answers so that he can stay well informed. There was nothing offensive about his question and your reaction was a gross OVER-reaction. He's not beating any horse much less a dead one. He's just gathering information. That's what he does. He gathers a little info here, a little info there, and maybe a little bit over there, then he puts it all together and gives very nice reports from all the info gathered such as the one on Burkburnett 4 posts up from this one. I'm climbing off my soap box now. (takes a bow) :crazy1:

GreenMonster
11-09-2007, 11:12 AM
ttt

Snyder_TigerFan
11-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Touchy, Touchy. For the record, VWG is THE classiest poster on this board bar none. As for where the man calls home I have no idea. I've asked and he has politely declined. I know he isn't hiding either though because he has offered to meet for lunch to talk football while passing through here on his travels sometime. That has yet to happen but I do indeed hope to visit with this extremely well informed poster at some point in the future. There is no reason to ever be hostile towards him, and if you pay close attention you just might learn something so that you might be able to add to your apparently limited (by your own admission) football knowledge. He asks simple questions trying to get back simple answers so that he can stay well informed. There was nothing offensive about his question and your reaction was a gross OVER-reaction. He's not beating any horse much less a dead one. He's just gathering information. That's what he does. He gathers a little info here, a little info there, and maybe a little bit over there, then he puts it all together and gives very nice reports from all the info gathered such as the one on Burkburnett 4 posts up from this one. I'm climbing off my soap box now. (takes a bow) :crazy1:

Well said and I agree. I always enjoy reading VWG's posts. Always offers good info.

Chunkthepill
11-09-2007, 11:23 AM
what position does the Lorenzo Barnes kid play?

lion75
11-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by VWG
How many picks is Case McCoy averaging per game... 2-3? Is it possible that the QB's father is the coach, and is going to make sure the passing stats will be there for his son?

Dominicfrank
11-09-2007, 11:58 AM
you can read up on every burk game at www.trnonline.com. go to the sports section, then on the right hand isde click on "1st and TRN" click on Burkburnett then click on read articles.

nobogey72
11-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by lion75
Is it possible that the QB's father is the coach, and is going to make sure the passing stats will be there for his son?

Naaawww!!!!!!! No coach would be that selfish.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RedWhiteBlue
11-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Touchy, Touchy. For the record, VWG is THE classiest poster on this board bar none. As for where the man calls home I have no idea. I've asked and he has politely declined. I know he isn't hiding either though because he has offered to meet for lunch to talk football while passing through here on his travels sometime. That has yet to happen but I do indeed hope to visit with this extremely well informed poster at some point in the future. There is no reason to ever be hostile towards him, and if you pay close attention you just might learn something so that you might be able to add to your apparently limited (by your own admission) football knowledge. He asks simple questions trying to get back simple answers so that he can stay well informed. There was nothing offensive about his question and your reaction was a gross OVER-reaction. He's not beating any horse much less a dead one. He's just gathering information. That's what he does. He gathers a little info here, a little info there, and maybe a little bit over there, then he puts it all together and gives very nice reports from all the info gathered such as the one on Burkburnett 4 posts up from this one. I'm climbing off my soap box now. (takes a bow) :crazy1:
Since he knows so much about football and I don't- with a little reseach he should be able to get the answer on how many interceptions Casey is averaging. It was a personal jab and everone knows that it wasn't a personal research project on some football ya-ya- give me break! Kick the kid while he is down. I know I feel better after dogging a sophomore boy who is doing all he can to take his team to a win. Call it and me what you want but we all know the truth.
I'm done.

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Well said and I agree. I always enjoy reading VWG's posts. Always offers good info.
That would make two of us, and I'm sure there are many more who agree.

RWB - go back over the years and read his posts.

Sweetwater Red
11-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That would make two of us, and I'm sure there are many more who agree.

RWB - go back over the years and read his posts.

....and please switch to de-caf.

RedWhiteBlue
11-09-2007, 01:05 PM
LOL- I go off on a rant and I am a woman who needs midol and decaf and am totally overreacting....... you men are going off everyday all over the place and it is just the way the "downlow works". You guys are hilarious!!!!

Sweetwater Red
11-09-2007, 01:14 PM
LOL- I go off on a rant and I am a woman who needs midol and decaf and am totally overreacting....... you men are going off everyday all over the place and it is just the way the "downlow works". You guys are hilarious!!!!

Well, you know us men. We prefer our womans be seen not
heard.:devil: :D

RedWhiteBlue
11-09-2007, 01:19 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

GreenMonster
11-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Since he knows so much about football and I don't- with a little reseach he should be able to get the answer on how many interceptions Casey is averaging. It was a personal jab and everone knows that it wasn't a personal research project on some football ya-ya- give me break! Kick the kid while he is down. I know I feel better after dogging a sophomore boy who is doing all he can to take his team to a win. Call it and me what you want but we all know the truth.
I'm done. I promise you that what you perceived to be a personal jab at young Mr. McCoy was no such thing. VWG is way too classy to be picking on a 15 year old boy.

DaHop72
11-09-2007, 01:57 PM
I promise you that what you perceived to be a personal jab at young Mr. McCoy was no such thing. VWG is way too classy to be picking on a 15 year old boy. I have to agree with GreenMonster on this RedWhiteBlue. I think VWG got his question from the quote below which was a neutral observation by me the next day, I have edited it to the part I think that caused his post.

Wow, what a game. Even worth getting in at 2:30 I guess. :D

Neutral observation. Both teams have a very good running attack, neither defense really shut down the others running game. #2 for Graham is a good hard running back, I think I heard on the radio he ran for 160+ yards, #8 is a very good receiver who once McCoy threw the pick that was returned for a touchdown never saw the ball again to speak of.:thinking: McCoy threw the ball okay in the first half but was a complete non factor in the second half. Turnovers were costly but are part of the game, the first was underthrown and the second in the endzone was thrown behind the receiver. Graham will make some noise in the playoffs.

RedWhiteBlue
11-09-2007, 04:21 PM
And I totally understand the questions that you guys have, but again.... obviously I don't have the answers and apparently I am the only Graham poster left. Sooooo you guys will have to look somehwhere else for answers because apparently they aren't here.