PDA

View Full Version : November 6, 1987--20 Years Ago

maroonpirate04
11-06-2007, 04:45 PM
It was Season Finale and a great ending for the Sinton Pirates on the 1987 season. And it was "Battle Of The Pirates" in this game. Sinton took the honors of sinking Mathis with a score of 40-0 in Sinton Pirate Stadium, Which also gave Sinton it's 3rd district title in the Pirates 4th year in Class 3A

On the big screen these films were hoping to be on top this opening weekend

Death Wish 4: The Crackdown
Hello Again
Hiding Out
Less Than Zero
Made In Heaven

Climbing the music charts Whitney Houston was getting "So Emotional" while Aerosmith were seeing things in "Dude (Looks Like A Lady)" and Whitesnake was wondering "Is This Love"

On the top of the charts Tiffany's "I Think Were Alone Now" landed at #1 Billy Idol's "Mony Mony" settled for #2 and Fleetwood Mac's "Little Lies" jumped from #5 to #3

Maroon87
11-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04

Less Than Zero

My wife's all time favorite movie, for some reason.

charlesrixey
11-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
my wife's favorite was 'dream a little dream'

just another late eighties movie

and just like you, i have no clue why she likes it so much

eagles_victory
11-06-2007, 05:39 PM
"

On the top of the charts Tiffany's "I Think Were Alone Now" man i loved tiffany and that song

ILS1
11-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

Less Than Zero was actually a very good movie!!! Talk about life imitating art. Robert Downey Jr. played a strung out druggie to near perfection!!!

:D :D

WOS87
11-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Ahh... the day before I turned 18

Maroon87
11-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Less Than Zero was actually a very good movie!!! Talk about life imitating art. Robert Downey Jr. played a strung out druggie to near perfection!!!

:D :D

It was good...the first 25 times I had to watch it. ;)

maroonpirate04
11-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Speaking of Less Than Zero I have never seen this movie until the other night they showed it on the Fox Movie Channel. Loved the movie sad but a great film something like Beverly Hills 90210 on crack

44INAROW
11-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Speaking of Less Than Zero I have never seen this movie until the other night they showed it on the Fox Movie Channel. Loved the movie sad but a great film something like Beverly Hills 90210 on crack

I didn't watch it the other night, but I saw it was on. Is that the show that has the scene when Robert Downey, Jr is sitting outside (by the pool I think?) in the freezing weather - so stoned out of his mind he didn't realize how cold he was?

maroonpirate04
11-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I didn't watch it the other night, but I saw it was on. Is that the show that has the scene when Robert Downey, Jr is sitting outside (by the pool I think?) in the freezing weather - so stoned out of his mind he didn't realize how cold he was?

yea I think it was the part when he was at a Christmas party he was with his friends

pirate4state
11-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Ahhhhh, Less than Zero - loved the Bangles opening up with Hazy Shade of Winter :thumbsup:

Good 80's movie

AP Panther Fan
11-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Now y'all have made me want to watch this movie. Guess I will have to check and see if it is coming on any more this week.

It doesn't sound familiar, but if I watch it, I will probably realize at some point that I have already seen it.:crazy:

I watched On Golden Pond last night on TCM...I didn't remember how much bad language was in that movie...it was like every other word! :eek:

RedWhiteBlue
11-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
And to think 20 years later he is still stoned.......