PDA

View Full Version : Not just the fans in BURNET!!!

29east
11-24-2003, 03:43 PM
> The Burnet Bulldogs will be playing the Sinton Pirates this Friday, November 28th at 3:00 p.m. The game will be played in Corpus Christi at Buccaneer Stadium. Tickets will go on sale at 12:00 p.m today, Monday at the District Administrative Offices located at 208 East Brier. Corpus Christi ISD is hosting this event and their policy requires that all seating be sold as reserved, except for a section designated as student. The ticket prices are $8.00 for adult/reserved or $4.00 for a student ticket; however, students will be required to sit in a designated student section. If you want your child to sit with you, it will be necessary to purchase a reserved $8.00 ticket.
>
> We will sell tickets beginning today at 12:00 and will keep our offices open until 7:00 p.m.
> Tuesday, tickets will be on sale from 8:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
> Wednesday, we will sell tickets from 8:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
>
> Wednesday will be the final day of pre-sales. All tickets are $8.00 at the gate.
> No passes will be honored.
>
> Sinton has tried to make this game as un-accommodating as possible in the hopes that the distance and ticket arrangements will discourage our fans from making the trip to Corpus to support the Bulldogs. They don't know what kind of fans we have and the kind of support we offer all of our kids. Get the word out and let's go down to Corpus with a huge crowd.
>
> Go Bulldogs!
>
> Jeffrey M. Hanks, Superintendent
> Burnet Consolidated ISD
>
>

Let me know what everyone thinks about this. I also heard interview Coach Shipley gave to local radio station. He said the Team was upset that Sinton chose Corpus also....I believe Sinton just added to the already raging fire. This game could get real bad.

Lastly, I just got back from getting tickets at BCISD central office. I stood in line for a hour and half. Luckily I am off on Mondays. That is all everyone is talking about.

BHS#1
11-24-2003, 04:00 PM
My oh my!!

Burnet '94
11-24-2003, 04:00 PM
Why sinton is out to piss off a team that is vastly superior to them is beyond me. This game could've been a close 42-21 Burnet win. Now, Shipley and Co. will put up another 70 spot. Unfortunately for sinton, they're not as good as Wharton and will not put up more than 20.

Nice one nurse!!!

mwisnews
11-24-2003, 04:47 PM
If I were a player, yeah I would be mad if I found out that a team only has 30 minutes to drive to a field. Last Year it took Burnet an 1 and a half to get to get to San Marcos. Like one said "only adding fuel to the fire". Yeah the players are mad, but it if it were any other team they would make stupid penalties and mistakes because of that anger. Burnet won't do that. Burnet please don't try to run up the score too much.

PPHSfan
11-24-2003, 04:50 PM
Now I see where all of the CRYBABYS come from. It starts with the Superintendent and trickles down.

bulldogvet85
11-24-2003, 04:56 PM
PPHSfan:
Now I see where all of the CRYBABYS come from. It starts with the Superintendent and trickles down.now if gainsville plays burnet and burnet decides to play some where thats 25 mins away from them and maybe 3 1/2 hrs away from gainsville dont you think you'd be a little ticked about that. and then with all the ticket sales and burnet made it hard for YOU to make it to support your team, wouldnt you be ticked........................hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Yeah I think you might a little. eek!

44INAROW
11-24-2003, 04:56 PM
This Supt has a brass set of them to make this kind of public statement. What a cry baby,

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: 44INAROW ]</small>

Buckeye80
11-24-2003, 05:01 PM
Yeah PPHS has a big brass set also! His mother and I got them for his 14th birthday. Isn't that right, son? LOL :p
As for the Supt, maybe this one finally decided to come out of his office and do something for once! :D :D

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: Buckeye80 ]</small>

turbostud
11-24-2003, 05:21 PM
Yes PPHSFAN would be ticked if Gainesville has to travel. He might have to carpool with Keith7. :D

SintonFan
11-24-2003, 05:27 PM
Good God! Does everyone in this town whine? That's a very classy statement by your sup. wink

PPHSfan
11-24-2003, 05:34 PM
Gainesville won't play Burnet, because Forney is going to kill them this Friday. Besides, I couldn't care less how far I have to go to get to the State Game. I will be there with bells on.

jason
11-24-2003, 05:34 PM
PPHSfan:
Now I see where all of the CRYBABYS come from. It starts with the Superintendent and trickles down.they all need some cheese with their wHine...

Aggiebabe05
11-24-2003, 05:37 PM
It is kind of funny to read all these complaints. I think Burnet people just need to suck it up and if you can go to the game, you can go to the game.

It is unfair though that you can only have reserved seating. If you are going to a game, you should be able to sit where ever you want. I know that when I go to the games, my parents might already have the tickets for me because I have to drive from College Station. I am very sad I will be unable to attend the game. Even though I go to a school with a team that will most likely lose, I still feel it is my duty to be a 12th man for the team. I do know that if the Burnet game was on Saturday I would be there in a heart beat, even if I had to drive 4 hours to get to CC.

I think as a town, we just need to be there to support our team as much as possible, and if you are unable to make the journey to CC, then route Burnet on in spirit! They will rock and do awesome, just too bad that there are some huge fans that will be unable to attend.

I hope that all of you will quit this bickering about the spot and just deal with the drive. If you want to be upset about anything, be upset with the sitting situation that has happened.

Good luck to everyone and I hope that all of you have a safe trip there and home!

bulldogvet85
11-24-2003, 06:13 PM
PPHSfan:
Gainesville won't play Burnet, because Forney is going to kill them this Friday. Besides, I couldn't care less how far I have to go to get to the State Game. I will be there with bells on.and you claim that gainesville is the best team in the world. some fan you are for you to think you are going to get killed by forney even if you are you should be supportive. if I was a player from gainsville i'd tell you to stay home.

crzyjournalist03
11-24-2003, 06:16 PM
bulldogvet85:

PPHSfan:
Gainesville won't play Burnet, because Forney is going to kill them this Friday. Besides, I couldn't care less how far I have to go to get to the State Game. I will be there with bells on.and you claim that gainesville is the best team in the world. some fan you are for you to think you are going to get killed by forney even if you are you should be supportive. if I was a player from gainsville i'd tell you to stay home.PPHSfan has no ties to Gainesville...his signature is because he lost a bet about the Celina-Gainesville game...he doesn't actually think any of that stuff is true in his signature.

kaorder1999
11-24-2003, 06:21 PM
bulldogvet85:

PPHSfan:
Now I see where all of the CRYBABYS come from. It starts with the Superintendent and trickles down.now if gainsville plays burnet and burnet decides to play some where thats 25 mins away from them and maybe 3 1/2 hrs away from gainsville dont you think you'd be a little ticked about that. and then with all the ticket sales and burnet made it hard for YOU to make it to support your team, wouldnt you be ticked........................hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Yeah I think you might a little. eek! Sinton won the toss....they can play anywhere they want....and you know what....im sure it wont happen though...but if they play in the playoffs next year than Burnet can play anywhere they want without flippin! What comes around goes around!

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: kaorder1999 ]</small>

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-24-2003, 06:21 PM
how about a fist for your mouth?

turbostud
11-24-2003, 06:22 PM
bulldogvet85, he is not from Gainesville.

sahen
11-24-2003, 06:23 PM
wow...if the superintendent said that then there must've been some words exchanged inbetween these schools about the site...that isnt a normal thing fo the super to do....someone had to piss him off...looks bad for sinton now...it wouldnt shock me if burnet ends up with more fans jsut cause of Sinton's little move...

turbostud
11-24-2003, 06:24 PM
sahen dont count on it.

Murphy Lee
11-24-2003, 06:30 PM
I'm not from Burnet or Sinton, but I thought I would give my opinion. I'm guessing that the Superintendent from Burnet knows a little more about this situation than anyone posting on these boards. I'm sure Burnet's administration has contacted Sinton's to try to arrange a more accomodating situation for their team and fans, and obviously those attempts have failed. I don't think he would make those statements otherwise.

Sinton won the coin toss and it is their choice. But picking Corpus at 3 the day after Thanksgiving is a little extreme. I realize what the Sinton coach is trying to do, but I think he needs to realize that this is high school football, and families are being affected by his decision. If I were from Burnet, I too would be upset, especially if I had to change my Thanksgiving plans because a coach thinks playing of Friday gives him an advantage. I've had the opportunity to watch Burnet play this year, and they have one of the best 3A teams I've ever seen, especially on offense. They really lived up to the hype. I don't think it really matters when or where this game is played. Burnet should win.

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-24-2003, 06:43 PM
got my tickets, the last of the 50 yd. line . and by the way pphsfan, it doesnt suprise me that youd be wearing bells.........or maybe even a pink too-too.as for you jason bring the cheese if you want a queso enema!

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: bigdogsbulldogmom ]</small>

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-24-2003, 06:44 PM
JUST FREAKIN BRING IT :mad: :mad: :mad:

29east
11-24-2003, 08:25 PM
Little more info. regarding this situation. Seems like site discussion between BURNET and sinton has been going on for over a week. Coaches could not come up with an agreement before last weekend, they were discussing possible sites even before they played last game. A meeting took place in Victoria after BURNETS game. BURNET chose San Antonio and sinton chose Sequin. Yea right Sequin!!!!!! Comment was made by sinton staff that they may choose Harligen...doesn't surprise me.....Anyway, sinton won the flip and chose Corpus.

Also told to not expect the first team for BURNET to be exiting if way ahead.

To everyone who says BURNET is "whining"!!! This a forum post. There are different opinions on every subject. Some people bring information, some provide insight and some just vent their feelings. If you were in our situation you would be "whining" too....

Just remember BURNET won all the coin flips last year and made logical, fair decisons on where to play. I imagine decision just does not sit well with BURNET coaches and admin.. especially when I know they were expecting more from sinton.

turbostud
11-24-2003, 08:36 PM
I expect better from a superintendent.

sinton66
11-24-2003, 08:49 PM
29east, I've been told by SEVERAL of your posters there was no coin toss last year and San Marcos was a mutual decision. Which of yall are lying?

29east
11-24-2003, 08:50 PM
Turbo...What do you expect????? Mr. Hanks is a great superintendent. Frankly, I respect him more for speaking his mind. Mr. Hanks was among those trying to compromise with sinton. Do you think BURNET would have chose Temple for the game?? I am 100% sure it would have been mutually acceptable. BURNET was the underdog in some playoff games last year and still chose mutual sites.

Rabbit'93
11-24-2003, 08:52 PM
The thing I don't get is that you're not being done wrong in anyway. That's the way the ball bounces. YOu people act as if you've never been around playoff football before. You lost the flip. Jst like in poker...when you lose your money you can't whine because the cards you needed didn't fall.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-24-2003, 09:00 PM
About Gainsville/Forney playing Burnet in the finals.....i dont mean to be rude or nothing, but how do you(burnet)know that yall are going to the State Game(i know that not every Burnet fan has said this, but to those who have). I mean, BHS is good...real good. But something could happen, McGee could get hurt in practice, Shiply could come down with the flu(i would not wish this on any player, its just an example). All im saying is that ppl from Burnet shouldnt get the big head, last year, we overlooked burnet, we had our minds focused on Everman and BHS shot us down. Just some advice...take it our leave it.

29east
11-24-2003, 09:06 PM
Sinton66....I was told BURNET won all flips. Can not confirm that for sure. Lying is a big accusation.... If what I said is not true then I am wrong... I take responsibility. That said the key word in your post in MUTUAL...

I am just relaying what I have learned today.

PPHSfan
11-24-2003, 10:27 PM
bigdogsbulldogmom:
got my tickets, the last of the 50 yd. line . and by the way pphsfan, it doesnt suprise me that youd be wearing bells.........or maybe even a pink too-too.as for you jason bring the cheese if you want a queso enema!I sure am glad that MY Momma does not act this way. I have been pretty much Pro-Burnet all year, you can go read any of my many posts and see that, however, I am fast becoming disgusted with a few of the Burnet fans. Your own fans should be disgusted as well.