PDA

View Full Version : You know you are old when.....

RedWhiteBlue
11-06-2007, 03:42 PM
your kids laugh when you make them listen to the song that was played at your high school graduation and they laugh!!!! Ours was Skid Rows "I Remember You"

SWMustang
11-06-2007, 03:51 PM
through every sleepless night
through every endless day
I'll never be the same (?)

I remember you

boba fett
11-06-2007, 03:51 PM
hahahaha that is a pretty lame song

SWMustang
11-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by boba fett

You weren't born yet - how do you know? :D

boba fett
11-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
You weren't born yet - how do you know? :D

How do you know I wasn't born yet? Even if I wasn't born when the lame song was released - I could still look it up.

RedWhiteBlue
11-06-2007, 04:03 PM
But it had some dang good music- believe me, it raised the eyebrows of our parents and our administration....... it was hilarious!!!! What was really funny is my kids thought it was pretty cool afterwards. They were like- you really listed to that kind of music? We listed to some more songs and we were all head banging before it was over!!!

Sweetwater Red
11-06-2007, 04:05 PM
How do you know I wasn't born yet? Even if I wasn't born when the lame song was released - I could still look it up.

I'm guessing a Snyder poster?:thinking: :devil:

boba fett
11-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I'm guessing a Snyder poster?:thinking: :devil: Where the hell is Snyder?

Sweetwater Red
11-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Where the hell is Snyder?

In a galaxy far far away.:rolleyes:

Texasfootball2
11-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
But it had some dang good music- believe me, it raised the eyebrows of our parents and our administration....... it was hilarious!!!! What was really funny is my kids thought it was pretty cool afterwards. They were like- you really listed to that kind of music? We listed to some more songs and we were all head banging before it was over!!!

Hey girl:hand:

Remember that you are only making sense to about 15% of this board. Most of the members on this board were having someone whipe their:confused: ..........noses:thumbsup: when we were in college. But on your original post, I here ya. I get that almost everyday with my kids.

boba fett
11-06-2007, 04:10 PM

18 & Life or Youth Gone Wild would have been cooler, if that's even possible when talking about Skid Row.

boba fett
11-06-2007, 04:12 PM

Man, you got something in your eye? Or you just feeling something you don't know how to explain about Boba Fett? It's okay if you are - he's a bad dude!

Ranger Mom
11-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Hey girl:hand:

Remember that you are only making sense to about 15% of this board. Most of the members on this board were having someone whipe their:confused: ..........noses:thumbsup: when we were in college. But on your original post, I here ya. I get that almost everyday with my kids.

Have you ever looked at one of our "demographic" polls??

The 30+ group does really well!!:p

Stownhorse
11-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Man, you got something in your eye? Or you just feeling something you don't know how to explain about Boba Fett? It's okay if you are - he's a bad dude!

haha is that a foreign name?

boba fett
11-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
haha is that a foreign name?

Boba Fett? Foreign? Ask George Lucas.

RedWhiteBlue
11-06-2007, 04:18 PM
18 & Life or Youth Gone Wild would have been cooler, if that's even possible when talking about Skid Row.
I got you, but in small West Texas towns- instead of 'Galaxies' or whatever- we had to have our songs approved by someone. And somehow this I Remember You got by. We originally wanted Night Rangers 'Never Say Goodbye'- but it didn't fly......
By the way- are you having LSD flashbacks or what?

RedWhiteBlue
11-06-2007, 04:19 PM
What a trip!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Skid Row? :( Wow! Now I really feel old.

Stownhorse
11-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Boba Fett? Foreign? Ask George Lucas.

Oh ur a nerd boy lol

Ranger Mom
11-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Skid Row? :( Wow! Now I really feel old.

I know the feeling....I have NO CLUE what our "song" was!!:p :p

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I know the feeling....I have NO CLUE what our "song" was!!:p :p
Ours was "Wasted Days and Wasted Nights", much to the chagrin of the CHS staff and parents. For some in my class, it was appropriate. But really, it was picked as a joke. :doh: :doh:

boba fett
11-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Oh ur a nerd boy lol

You got me. I'm a nerd. I don't know how I'll go on. LOL

crzyjournalist03
11-06-2007, 04:28 PM
I think ours was "Time of your Life"...and I don't even know who it's by...goes something like "It's something indescribable, but in the end it's right. I hope you have the time of your life."

Ranger Mom
11-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Ours was "Wasted Days and Wasted Nights", much to the chagrin of the CHS staff and parents. For some in my class, it was appropriate. But really, it was picked as a joke. :doh: :doh:

I barely remember graduation, much less what went on during it!!

I feel REALLY bad admitting this, but I talked to a childhood friend a couple of years ago who came to my graduation.

She was laughing and telling me she couldn't believe I left her alone at my house that night....I asked her what she was talking about.

She said I didn't come home that night.....:eek: :eek: :eek: .....I have NO recollection of what I did!!!:p

Tiger Turtle
11-06-2007, 04:53 PM
I helped count the ballots for our class song. "We gotta get out of this place" by the Animals won, but the administration changed it to "Born Free" or some crap like that. That's the way it went back in prehistoric times...

RedWhiteBlue
11-06-2007, 05:00 PM

I LOVE THAT!!! And that would have so appropriate for our class!! And believe me that was one wild night and we were wasted!!! Those were the days!
I like to have died one time.... my boss was a huge Willie fan and my son who was 6 at the time told my boss- " I just love dat song "wisky wiver"- my mom wissens to it all de time and I know all de words!!! In a secret way it made me proud, though.....
Red Stegall spoke at my brother's graduation- now that is something to be proud of (if you know who Red is).

charlesrixey
11-06-2007, 05:38 PM
wait--there was a time before the internet?

:p

it amazes me to see how many kids these days have never remembered a time when there was no email

much less skid row

not that i'm an old fart, but i remember a different world than what this generation sees now

sweetwater07
11-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Oh ur a nerd boy lol

what was our graduation song??

i don;t even think we had one

AP Panther Fan
11-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle
but the administration changed it to "Born Free" or some crap like that

OMG, I almost choked when I read this! You are really funny!:D

block&tackle
11-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Ours was "Every Breath You Take."

We were morons - ever really listen to the words to that song? It is about a guy that is so obsessed with a girl that he ends up stalking her. We were clueless.

AP Panther Fan
11-06-2007, 06:13 PM
My class song was "Free Bird"....

What is funny though, now my kids are playing Guitar Hero and they are liking a bunch of the older "classic" rock...:eek:

44INAROW
11-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Our class song was "Remember Me" by Willie Nelson.......(1976) 1st year they didn't have something like "You'll Never Walk Alone" took the administration here in Cuero a while to come around - I think "Long Time" by Boston was the class song in 1984.. Man, it took FOREVER for the prelude to play lol

AP Panther Fan
11-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I think "Long Time" by Boston was the class song in 1984.. Man, it took FOREVER for the prelude to play lol

Did it take a long time?:D

nobogey72
11-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I think ours was "Time of your Life"...and I don't even know who it's by...goes something like "It's something indescribable, but in the end it's right. I hope you have the time of your life."

Green Day my son's favorite song

nobogey72
11-06-2007, 07:26 PM

That's funny. My son played in a band in college and they played all old classic rock like Lynyrd Skynyrd, CCR, and all that old stuff that was our music in the early 70's, and what's funny is that they loved it. This dates me, but I can remember my dad making us turn off the Ed Sullivan show when the Beatles came on in like 1964. But what would you expect from an ACU prof. "We are not listening to the devil's music". He probably wouldn't have liked Nirvanna.

sinton66
11-06-2007, 08:19 PM
He probably would freak out if he heard the stuff my son listened to. He was heavy into Metallica. CCR was my band, still is.

sweetwater07
11-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
He probably would freak out if he heard the stuff my son listened to. He was heavy into Metallica. CCR was my band, still is.

imagine if we had bands like Manson, Lamb of God, and Slayer in the 60's, ppl would have croaked..lol:p

RedWhiteBlue
11-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
That's funny. My son played in a band in college and they played all old classic rock like Lynyrd Skynyrd, CCR, and all that old stuff that was our music in the early 70's, and what's funny is that they loved it. This dates me, but I can remember my dad making us turn off the Ed Sullivan show when the Beatles came on in like 1964. But what would you expect from an ACU prof. "We are not listening to the devil's music". He probably wouldn't have liked Nirvanna.
WOW- you are old!!!! :inlove:

pirate4state
11-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Class of 1990 has all of you beat. Lamest song EVER - "Heaven" by Warrant. Are you :censored: me??? :hairpunk:

I voted for "Small Town" by John Cougar Mellencamp

nobogey72
11-07-2007, 12:17 PM
WOW- you are old!!!! :inlove:

You're as young as your youngest child. And I've still got a 5th grader at home, so THERE!!!!!! Her friends have asked her before why her grandad always brings her to school. That stings a little.

RedWhiteBlue
11-07-2007, 12:32 PM
You're as young as your youngest child. And I've still got a 5th grader at home, so THERE!!!!!! Her friends have asked her before why her grandad always brings her to school. That stings a little.
LOL- I have a 1st grader and sometimes I think he acts more mature than I do!!!!

Rabbit'93
11-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I think ours was "Time of your Life"...and I don't even know who it's by...goes something like "It's something indescribable, but in the end it's right. I hope you have the time of your life." Green Day

themsu97
11-07-2007, 01:10 PM
we wanted Slide it IN by Whitesnake but admin took 2nd vote getter which was Long TIme by Boston, 1988 when I graduated...

but..
Woke up to the sound of pouring rain...

Remember yesterday, wlking hand in hand, loveletters in the sand... I remember you, through every sleepless night, through every endless day, I want to hear you say... I remember you

themsu97
11-07-2007, 01:12 PM
by the way, my 12 year old and 8 year old absolutely love some of the one hit wonders...
Eddy Grant and Electric Avenue...
my wife loved Tiffany and I think we're alone now...and my 12 year old loves it...

but still, I will admit it... I absolutely love...

"Alright stop, collaberate and listen, Ice is back with my brand new invention, something grabs a hold of me tightly, fly like a harpoon daily and nightly..."

RedWhiteBlue
11-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
we wanted Slide it IN by Whitesnake but admin took 2nd vote getter which was Long TIme by Boston, 1988 when I graduated...

but..
Woke up to the sound of pouring rain...

Remember yesterday, wlking hand in hand, loveletters in the sand... I remember you, through every sleepless night, through every endless day, I want to hear you say... I remember you
That's it!!!! Gotta love that song!!!
I have Bohemian Rhapsody for my ringtone on my phone.... the first time I played it for the kids and sang along (Wayne's World style) I thought the kids were going to pass out- now I have them all 3 doing it..... it is a trip!!!!

themsu97
11-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Sebastian Bach and Skid Row were awesome... me and my mullet went and watch them open for Motley Crue back in the day... the kicked butt...

We stand and we won't fall
we're one and one for all
we are the youth gone wild

RedWhiteBlue
11-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Sebastian Bach and Skid Row were awesome... me and my mullet went and watch them open for Motley Crue back in the day... the kicked butt...

We stand and we won't fall
we're one and one for all
we are the youth gone wild
I remember having that as a warm up song at our basketball games- jeez!!!!!! But I didn't have the mullet- I had the mile-high aqua net bangs, baby!!!

Johnny 5
11-07-2007, 08:07 PM
ours was Tonight Tonight by the Smashing Pumpkins

SWMustang
11-07-2007, 08:14 PM
by the way, my 12 year old and 8 year old absolutely love some of the one hit wonders...
Eddy Grant and Electric Avenue...
my wife loved Tiffany and I think we're alone now...and my 12 year old loves it...

but still, I will admit it... I absolutely love...

"Alright stop, collaberate and listen, Ice is back with my brand new invention, something grabs a hold of me tightly, fly like a harpoon daily and nightly..."

ice ice baby... it's fun to poke fun now, but he was super cool when the song was out.

nobogey72
11-07-2007, 08:51 PM
I remember having that as a warm up song at our basketball games- jeez!!!!!! But I didn't have the mullet- I had the mile-high aqua net bangs, baby!!!

Aqua-Net?????? Was that the spray stuff that made girls hair (and some of the boys) feel like cotton candy? I didn't know that it was a hair product. We used it to spray in paper sacks and sniff it till we talked funny. There wudnt a lot to do in Abilene in 1972. I think I'm going to run down to Walgreens and see if they still have it, and see if it still works like that :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

luvhoops34
11-07-2007, 09:07 PM

My daughter hated my bangs! I used to wear them that way to aggravate her! :D

RedWhiteBlue
11-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Aqua-Net?????? Was that the spray stuff that made girls hair (and some of the boys) feel like cotton candy? I didn't know that it was a hair product. We used it to spray in paper sacks and sniff it till we talked funny. There wudnt a lot to do in Abilene in 1972. I think I'm going to run down to Walgreens and see if they still have it, and see if it still works like that :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
UUUUUHHHHHH Bogey- that is called 'huffing'..... it kills brain cells and we actually teach the children not to do that, because it is against the law and is in the penal code. Don't do it!

Bull19
11-08-2007, 10:04 AM
our unofficial one was "dont stop believing"--journey

88bobcats
11-08-2007, 10:13 AM

A poster with the blog name "boba fett" is commenting that an '80s song is "lame".....

That's a hoot! Talk about a paradox.....

RedWhiteBlue
11-08-2007, 10:19 AM
I loved 38 Special, too. Hold on Loosely is one of my all time favorite songs.....
You see it all around you
good lovin' gone bad
and usually it's too late
when you realize what you had......

nobogey72
11-08-2007, 11:13 AM
UUUUUHHHHHH Bogey- that is called 'huffing'..... it kills brain cells and we actually teach the children not to do that, because it is against the law and is in the penal code. Don't do it!

I was just kidding. I did know some guys that did that back in the 70s. Most of them are wandering around in the alleys somewhere in Austin talking to themselves.

themsu97
11-08-2007, 11:17 AM
i don't think I could pin down one song... but Hysteria has to be the best album of all times and what made that tour of Def Leppard even better was that Tesla opened for them... Modern Day Cowboy, Little Suzy and Gettin' Better may be the best rock songs of the 80's...

I loved Vanilla Ice, I am the only one who admits it... this past summer at Montego Bay I won my entire party (4 of us) free margaritas at Margaritaville for rapping that song... I knew the words...

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2007, 11:29 AM
I was just kidding. I did know some guys that did that back in the 70s. Most of them are wandering around in the alleys somewhere in Austin talking to themselves.
:thinking: :thinking: I think I've seen them. :doh:

RedWhiteBlue
11-08-2007, 08:10 PM
I was so hoping you were kidding........