PDA

View Full Version : tarleton state basketball

jason
11-06-2007, 11:30 AM
on saturday beat baylor 95-85 @ baylor

lost @ a&m last night 71-62

tsu was down only 5 with a minute and a half left and was up late in the first half.....

keep in mind tsu is only div 2....

and both a&m and baylor are in the BIG XII....

before the a&m loss, tsu had beaten 4 division 1 opponents in a row - including a win @ tcu 2 years ago....

wonder why no big time schools will play at tsu??....

Bull19
11-06-2007, 11:33 AM
PROLLY CAUSE ITS PRE-SEASON AND THOSE GAMES MEAN NOTHING???

MHSvarsity2007
11-06-2007, 11:43 AM
heeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy TSU!

Johnny Utah
11-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Did you realize that Tarleton has 4 Division 1 transfers? One from St. Johns and one from New Mexico. Exciting times for Reisman and The Texans!!!

jason
11-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Did you realize that Tarleton has 4 Division 1 transfers? One from St. Johns and one from New Mexico. Exciting times for Reisman and The Texans!!! yeah - the team last year was just killed with injuries - 2 starters out VERY early in the year - and they were really young - this should be a fun year...

Johnny Utah
11-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Makes you wonder why the Southland Conference would not let them in!!!

jason
11-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Makes you wonder why the Southland Conference would not let them in!!! dont know if the 'didnt let them in' part is true - i know there was a student fee put in place that was needed for the athletics program to become a legit div 1 school - i THINK the plan is to let the basketball compete in division 1 and then the other will follow suit....

besides the football team, none of the other sports could compete in division 1...

Mace Griffin
11-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by jason
dont know if the 'didnt let them in' part is true - i know there was a student fee put in place that was needed for the athletics program to become a legit div 1 school - i THINK the plan is to let the basketball compete in division 1 and then the other will follow suit....

besides the football team, none of the other sports could compete in division 1... Tareltons football team could be in the southland they did get a win over sfa this year even though everyone else has as well.

Will Tarelton make the d2 playoffs in football?

jason
11-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Mace Griffin
Tareltons football team could be in the southland they did get a win over sfa this year even though everyone else has as well.

Will Tarelton make the d2 playoffs in football? if they beat west texas a&m this wknd - they tie for conference champs and they are in - if they lose, i guess its up to some committee to decide who gets in - their only loss is to top 25 abilene christian in a 70-63 shootout a few wknds ago...

Johnny Utah
11-06-2007, 12:01 PM
Going to be really tough to find a conference that will just let you compete in basketball first then allow the other programs to follow.

sahen
11-06-2007, 12:13 PM
tarleton's bball team is pretty good obviously....they shot lights out to beat baylor, it was actually ridiculous how well they shot...i think it was something like 58% from the floor for the whole game and 80% from behind the arc in the 2nd half...that was what killed baylor....last night they didnt shoot near as well against the aggies thus they lost...if you can go out and shoot 58% and 80% behind the arc in the 2nd half every game you will probably win 9 outa 10 times no matter who you play....some good talent in tarleton's program

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Texas A&M had a rotation every 3 minutes trying to get everyone to play and game-time experience, not exactly trying to run the score up. TSU is a good basketball team though, I'm not taking that away from them.

sahen
11-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Texas A&M had a rotation every 3 minutes trying to get everyone to play and game-time experience, not exactly trying to run the score up. TSU is a good basketball team though, I'm not taking that away from them.

yah...i think baylor did the same, it is an exhibition game...however im not sure baylor would ahve beat them in a real game if they shot like they did the other day against us...im serious it was simply ridiculous, i hope i never see another team shoot like that against us again...

jason
11-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by sahen
yah...i think baylor did the same, it is an exhibition game...however im not sure baylor would ahve beat them in a real game if they shot like they did the other day against us...im serious it was simply ridiculous, i hope i never see another team shoot like that against us again... they (tsu) traditionally have a lot of shooting talent - they had a really good big man this year, and the man in the middle this year was all conference last year - they always seem to have shooters though....

sahen
11-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by jason
they (tsu) traditionally have a lot of shooting talent - they had a really good big man this year, and the man in the middle this year was all conference last year - they always seem to have shooters though....

i didnt watch the game, only saw it over gametracker but it was tsu's guards that killed us from what i was seeing...we just got behind and no matter what we did tsu matched it, some of that was probably our bad defense but still, 80% from behind the arc is quite impressive no matter if its bad defense or not....