PDA

View Full Version : La Grange seniors at it again

LHS PRIDE
11-05-2007, 08:57 PM
4 seniors will not be suited up friday night against Navosota for violating team rules. 2 starting offensive linemen and one starting wr, the other is a backup wr. This no doubt will hurt La Grange on friday night as they moved some sophomores up to fill these holes. As I said in an earlier post, please athletes, think before you do something stupid to where it can impact the outcome of the game or just letting your TEAMMATES down. GOOD LUCK LEPS. Navosota have a good trip to La Grange and let's have GREAT game.

Emerson1
11-05-2007, 09:01 PM
What did they do?

LHS PRIDE
11-05-2007, 09:13 PM
What I heard was that Smithville's locker room was missing some items saturday morning. This looks really bad for La Grange, but it only takes a couple of people to make a whole town look bad. I hope that not only that the coaches suspend them for the game, but also make them personally apologize to Smithville

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Wow! :doh: :doh: :doh: I feel for the rest of the team. It makes you wonder what goes through people's minds sometimes.

buff4life
11-05-2007, 10:12 PM
is it dockery or another receiver?

allforball
11-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Embarrassment for LG athletic department, school & community. However, no playmakers were involved. Offensive lineman was the only one starting on all snaps. LG will be fine. Shouldn't hinder their gameplan.

zebrablue2
11-05-2007, 11:27 PM
sad to hear this. glad the coaches are taking care of it. good job by them. hope the parents put the finishing touches on it, so these kids learn their lesson. good luck on friday.

48minutes
11-05-2007, 11:31 PM
this is not good for lg, hopefully the players on the team can overcome this and play hard and fight for that 3rd playoff spot. Once again I will say this, Navasota should be ready to shoot hoops by now. :)

Old Tiger
11-05-2007, 11:33 PM
I took some shirts from other teams locker rooms in my day

Pudlugger
11-06-2007, 12:21 AM
Well so much for my post on how the team has moved on from the distractions of the early season. This team must have in it the biggest bunch of Dufuses that ever wore the Leopard jersey. This is what, the third time players in starting roles have been suspended? What were they thinking? What an embarrassment to the community. I wonder if they even have a clue how much they have let down their team, school and town. I hope the boys who were not involved can pull this team together by Friday night. Man this makes everything different now. Navasota will definately have the upper hand mentally if not physically with starters out.:(

Pudlugger
11-06-2007, 12:24 AM
I guess that explains why the field lights were on tonight at 8:30. Probably having fun running laps and wind sprints. Jeez :o

lakers
11-06-2007, 12:25 AM
back when I was a sophmore I jacked some shorts from the Sweetwater basketball locker room. they should have locked their stuff up. lol. I wear them all the time...haha:devil:

navscanmaster
11-06-2007, 07:29 AM
No matter, it will still be a good game. Hopefully the rest of the team plays hard to put aside thoughts of the few mischievious ones. Playoffs begin in week 10 folks.

hookandladder
11-06-2007, 07:30 AM
Yes, this was some bad decisions by some good kids, however now they must pay the consequence. As stated earlier only 2 starter on offense that will be easily replaced, their will be no excuses on Friday night. Now if we were talking about Dockery would be a whole different story.

Runnin Panther
11-06-2007, 08:23 AM
Wow things like this can definitely cause unwanted distractions.

My question is:
Would the same punishment have been handed out if say… Dockery was involved? Is the coach trying to send a message to his kids by using these players as an example?

Not trying to cause controversy, but sometimes coaches use average kids this way because they know they can prove a point without hurting the team too much on Friday night. Again not saying this is the case in LG, but just wondering.

Old Tiger
11-06-2007, 08:25 AM
sad...

UPanIN
11-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by LHS PRIDE
4 seniors will not be suited up friday night against Navosota for violating team rules. 2 starting offensive linemen and one starting wr, the other is a backup wr. This no doubt will hurt La Grange on friday night as they moved some sophomores up to fill these holes. As I said in an earlier post, please athletes, think before you do something stupid to where it can impact the outcome of the game or just letting your TEAMMATES down. GOOD LUCK LEPS. Navosota have a good trip to La Grange and let's have GREAT game.

Just another ESPN rumor. Fran is still the coach and La Grange is at full strength. Nice try though.

hookandladder
11-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by UPanIN
Just another ESPN rumor. Fran is still the coach and La Grange is at full strength. Nice try though.

No rumor is the truth however is not an issue. Will have no influence on the game Friday night. Loser goes home. Looking for a great game with playoff type atmoshere. Leps.

Runnin Panther
11-06-2007, 12:12 PM
My question is:
Would the same punishment have been handed out if say… Dockery was involved? Is the coach trying to send a message to his kids by using these players as an example?

Not trying to cause controversy, but sometimes coaches use average kids this way because they know they can prove a point without hurting the team too much on Friday night. [/B][/QUOTE]

Any comments, what's up LG?

hookandladder
11-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
My question is:

Not trying to cause controversy, but sometimes coaches use average kids this way because they know they can prove a point without hurting the team too much on Friday night.

Any comments, what's up LG? [/B][/QUOTE]

Same punishment for any player in La Grange, remember we had a # of starting players out earlier this year. These kids did not do anything that a lot of other kids have done in the past. The only problem is they got caught or should I say they turned themselves in. We had had other starting players out during the year also and not because of injury.

Runnin Panther
11-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Same punishment for any player in La Grange, remember we had a # of starting players out earlier this year. These kids did not do anything that a lot of other kids have done in the past. The only problem is they got caught or should I say they turned themselves in. We had had other starting players out during the year also and not because of injury.

Good to hear because sometimes there is a double standard when it comes to the “stars”. Glad to hear that is not the case in LG.

Best of luck this week.