PDA

View Full Version : Navasota Question

Old Tiger
11-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Why do you posters continue to boast and poke out your chest as if you are the best team ever. Way I see it is that you could very well end your season on a 3 game losing streak and missing playoffs.

navscanmaster
11-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Go Blue, why start something? You have a couple of high school guys on here, just like you have a couple of guys from every other 3A high school in the state. They have just discovered the site recently, and like anybody their age, they get defensive when people trash our town or team and blast back. They will cool down over time, but they don't need people poking at them just to rile them up. We are pretty darn happy that we are not 3-7 again this year, and that the offense that Fedora has been installing is finally showing some fruit. We see young athletes that are making big plays out there, and are also wondering what next year will be like, since most of the team will be back next year, hence the '08 guys. As far as threads are concerned, we all get off topic sometimes, simply because of the mention of something like an old rival. Not meaning to get personal, but you should question yourself a little after the Brenham talk. Your behavior was deplorable trashing our town and team for no other reason than to talk trash. A lot of us miss playing Brenham, and we also know that we are growing again, and that explosive growth in the southeast end of our district will get us playing with them once again, and soon. It is like Rockdale Vs. Cameron for you, if you have any school spirit at all. I don't hate anybody, I just wish you would show some respect. If you don't agree with something we say on here, post your opinion on the matter without trashing other people. You might be riling yourself up without realizing it. Now peace be with you.

Old Tiger
11-05-2007, 05:58 PM
I never recall trashing your town or team. My mom is from Navasota and I still have family that lives there. All I did was provide facts that were not Navasota bias. Show me where I have bashed Navasota except for the occasional nickname that everyone ever from Navasota has heard, "Nastysota." I give it to you guys...yall have a great coach and some good athletes but you have to be humble in the face of victory as well as losses.

buff4life
11-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Good offense or not, i still question the playcalling, DI recruit at running back and you don't use him?

navscanmaster
11-05-2007, 06:07 PM
"that is why Brenham doesn't play nastysoda anymore."

I said my piece. That nickname hurts a lot of people that do everything they can to make this town better, from keeping a well maintained lawn, to donating books to the library, to supporting their team and picking up trash around town that comes mainly from the people driving through. That comment was a direct shot, as well as calling them mediocre among other things. We came down from our high after Giddings, then showed respect for Smithville after that scare, and I haven't seen any poster not show Caldwell respect. And yes, we all want to see Pratt run 30 times a game, but it won't happen. Our coach is brothers with the Ok St. cowboy's offensive coordinator, and our offense will pretty much do the same thing.

Old Tiger
11-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster

I said my piece. That nickname hurts a lot of people that do everything they can to make this town better, from keeping a well maintained lawn, to donating books to the library, to supporting their team and picking up trash around town that comes mainly from the people driving through. That comment was a direct shot, as well as calling them mediocre among other things. We came down from our high after Giddings, then showed respect for Smithville after that scare, and I haven't seen any poster not show Caldwell respect. And yes, we all want to see Pratt run 30 times a game, but it won't happen. Our coach is brothers with the Ok St. cowboy's offensive coordinator, and our offense will pretty much do the same thing. That nickname was there when my mom lived there 25 years ago so I don't think it's going away.

Navasota is just a mediocre 3a team compared to Brenham who is near the top of the 4a level.

buff4life
11-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster

I said my piece. That nickname hurts a lot of people that do everything they can to make this town better, from keeping a well maintained lawn, to donating books to the library, to supporting their team and picking up trash around town that comes mainly from the people driving through. That comment was a direct shot, as well as calling them mediocre among other things. We came down from our high after Giddings, then showed respect for Smithville after that scare, and I haven't seen any poster not show Caldwell respect. And yes, we all want to see Pratt run 30 times a game, but it won't happen. Our coach is brothers with the Ok St. cowboy's offensive coordinator, and our offense will pretty much do the same thing.

wow hope he doesn't take notes from him if yall are up 21 in the fourth quarter lol...

Rattlesnake_08
11-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
That nickname was there when my mom lived there 25 years ago so I don't think it's going away.

Navasota is just a mediocre 3a team compared to Brenham who is near the top of the 4a level.

I doubt that many would agree that Brenham is a powerhouse in 4A...I mean they do pretty good, but they're not like a Stephenville or a La Marque.

Rattlesnake_08
11-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Why do you posters continue to boast and poke out your chest as if you are the best team ever. Way I see it is that you could very well end your season on a 3 game losing streak and missing playoffs.

We are on a 1 game losing streak.

Bull19
11-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08
I doubt that many would agree that Brenham is a powerhouse in 4A...I mean they do pretty good, but they're not like a Stephenville or a La Marque.

BRENHAM IS A POWERHOUSE PLAIN AND SIMPLE......THEIR IS A REASON WHY THEY HAVE 10 PEOPLE OR SO EVERY YEAR GO PLAY COLLEGE BALL.

Rattlesnake_08
11-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
BRENHAM IS A POWERHOUSE PLAIN AND SIMPLE......THEIR IS A REASON WHY THEY HAVE 10 PEOPLE OR SO EVERY YEAR GO PLAY COLLEGE BALL.

Ok...Whatever. Its not a fact they're a powerhouse. Its simply your opinon and maybe a few others.

State_In_08
11-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Why would you start this thread? All this is going to do is stir the pot.

I haven't seen ANYONE on this site from Navasota act as if we're the best team in the state. I have serious confidence in our team, but in no way are we the best in the state. We gave Smithville props for being a classy team and hanging for a half, we gave Caldwell props for flatout beating us, and speaking for myself, I said we SHOULD have beat Giddings, but "a win is a win, and a loss is a loss" direct quote. Fact is, I'm going to defend my team and my town, because I have pride in where I'm from, even if it isn't the best of places.

themsu97
11-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Define Powerhouse...
is it a team that goes to the playoffs every year, usually going two to three rounds deep every year... losing to LaMarque every year in the playoffs is not a bad thing...
I would be willing to let my team lose every year in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round and not be a powerhouse

Bull19
11-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
Define Powerhouse...
is it a team that goes to the playoffs every year, usually going two to three rounds deep every year... losing to LaMarque every year in the playoffs is not a bad thing...
I would be willing to let my team lose every year in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round and not be a powerhouse

BRENHAM BEAT LA MARQUE TWO YEARS AGO I BELIEVE IT WAS.

Rattlesnake_08
11-06-2007, 11:34 AM
"Powerhouse" is still just an opinon, and that's a fact.

UPanIN
11-06-2007, 12:09 PM

:dispntd: and :confused: