PDA

View Full Version : Where's my boy G$$?

JasperDog94
11-05-2007, 04:58 PM
:D :D :D

vet93
11-05-2007, 05:17 PM
He was wrong for sure...but he was so close to the actual outcome in his prediction that I don't think that it gives you a whole lot of room to gloat...however, end the end...he missed on his prediction...

RMAC
11-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Jasper will rub it in until he's blue in the face...

Old Tiger
11-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by vet93
He was wrong for sure...but he was so close to the actual outcome in his prediction that I don't think that it gives you a whole lot of room to gloat...however, end the end...he missed on his prediction... It's a wrong or right situation. There is no well I was almost right.:p

To get g$$ to come back you have to say stuff like A&M's athletes are not comparable to those at Texas. Texas is heads and heels above A&M as a program.

Texas 47 national titles.
A&M 4

18handicap
11-05-2007, 05:32 PM
He's around. He's been taking care of his mother who has been ill for a time now.

g$$
11-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Listen here buddy - I will respond anytime to anything. I have not been on here since last week. A&M is awful & I said Fran would be fired after this year. Look it up. I said it would be his swan song. A&M should be better & will be soon under a new coach. It will take some time though.

Now to Texas: if OK State could make a 32 yard FG & hold onto a lead (3/4 years huge leads over Texas) this converstaion would be moot. They should have won the game but give Texas credit for coming back. OK State is 5-4 you know...

I predicted 39-35 OK State - you want to gloat over that? It was darn close to true anyway. How about Colt's soph #s & Ints? Texas has issues & has not beaten anyone worth noting.

BTW, who has Texas beaten this year? 3 games by recovering onsides kicks, including the vaunted Ark State & NEB squads. TCU proved to be average, K-State whipped you in Austin, & OU won for the 5th time in 7 years. Are you bragging about a mediocre Texas team? Come on. Flawed team for sure.

I will put A&M's program up against Texas in just about everything except football right now (we did win 12-7 last year though). How about soccer winning their 4th straight Big 12 Title? How about both basketball teams? How about baseball going to Super Regional last year? How about softball going to WS? You get the picture. Don't call me out over a mediocre win.

And, did either of you go to Texas or just wear t-shirts? Thought so. WEAK...& expected.

Old Tiger
11-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Listen here buddy - I will respond anytime to anything. I have not been on here since last week. A&M is awful & I said Fran would be fired after this year. Look it up. I said it would be his swan song. A&M should be better & will be soon under a new coach. It will take some time though.

Now to Texas: if OK State could make a 32 yard FG & hold onto a lead (3/4 years huge leads over Texas) this converstaion would be moot. They should have won the game but give Texas credit for coming back. OK State is 5-4 you know...

I predicted 39-35 OK State - you want to gloat over that? It was darn close to true anyway. How about Colt's soph #s & Ints? Texas has issues & has not beaten anyone worth noting.

BTW, who has Texas beaten this year? 3 games by recovering onsides kicks, including the vaunted Ark State & NEB squads. TCU proved to be average, K-State whipped you in Austin, & OU won for the 5th time in 7 years. Are you bragging about a mediocre Texas team? Come on. Flawed team for sure.

I will put A&M's program up against Texas in just about everything except football right now (we did win 12-7 last year though). How about soccer wining their 4th straight Big 12 Title? How about both basketball teams? How about baseball going to Super Regional last year? How about softball going to WS? You get the picture. Don't call me out over a mediocre win.

And, did either of you go to Texas or just wear t-shirts? Thought so. WEAK...& expected.

1 victory in 7 years
1st time to advance to sweet 16 in 20 something years

If the script was flipped and Okie State would have won then you would of been here bragging about how you called it. Yet Texas won and you come here and try to bash them? To be expected though.

g$$
11-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Jasper will rub it in until he's blue in the face...

Rub what in? A come from behind win over an average team (now 5-4). Come on!

Texas has won 3 games by recovering onsides kicks. Not a good Texas team by any means. Name 1 quality win...

g$$
11-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
1 victory in 7 years
1st time to advance to sweet 16 in 20 something years

If the script was flipped and Okie State would have won then you would of been here bragging about how you called it. Yet Texas won and you come here and try to bash them? To be expected though.

Live in the present t-shirt boy. Facts are facts. And you are nothing but a "fan" attending another school now using another name.

And NO I would not have. That win is nothing to be proud of - name 1 quality win for Texas? OK State choked, period. 35-14 & lost. Inexcusable.

Old Tiger
11-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Live in the present t-shirt boy. Facts are facts. And you are nothing but a "fan" attending another school now using another name.

And NO I would not have. That win is nothing to be proud of - name 1 quality win for Texas? OK State choked, period. 35-14 & lost. Inexcusable. Texas made all the plays they had to make to get back into this game and Oklahoma State did not choke. The UT players stepped up big....Jamaal Charles Went off again in the 4th quarter. AND OH YA A&M HAD TO COME BACK AGAINST OKIE STATE TOO! HAHA

I provide you with facts all the time yet you sit there and put them in a spin cycle. Enjoy your crappy season at A&M :p

Also what quality win does A&M have? None

sinton66
11-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Most coaches will tell ya, a win is a win is a win. They'll usually take it no matter how it gets there.

RMAC
11-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Name 1 quality win...
Arkansas St has proven a knack for winning close games...including a last second FG against Florida International. The Horns should be lucky to have snuck away with their victory to start the season! :eek:

eagles_victory
11-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by g$$

I will put A&M's program up against Texas in just about everything except football right now (we did win 12-7 last year though). How about soccer winning their 4th straight Big 12 Title? How about both basketball teams? How about baseball going to Super Regional last year? How about softball going to WS? You get the picture. Don't call me out over a mediocre win.

And, did either of you go to Texas or just wear t-shirts? Thought so. WEAK...& expected. talk about taking offence easily and being a little high strung

g$$
11-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Texas made all the plays they had to make to get back into this game and Oklahoma State did not choke. The UT players stepped up big....Jamaal Charles Went off again in the 4th quarter. AND OH YA A&M HAD TO COME BACK AGAINST OKIE STATE TOO! HAHA

I provide you with facts all the time yet you sit there and put them in a spin cycle. Enjoy your crappy season at A&M :p

Also what quality win does A&M have? None

That is your reply? Good gosh.

OK State rolled over & got away from the no huddle that was working. Are you bragging about that win? Texas is slightly above mediocre. And A&M stinks - no argument & never said we would be good. I expected this - look it up t-shirt boy.

Of course a coach says that - it's their W/L record.

Still waiting on that quality win for "your" Horns...

wildstangs
11-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by g$$
That is your reply? Good gosh.

OK State rolled over & got away from the no huddle that was working. Are you bragging about that win? Texas is slightly above mediocre. And A&M stinks - no argument & never said we would be good. I expected this - look it up t-shirt boy.

Of course a coach says that - it's their W/L record.

Still waiting on that quality win for "your" Horns...

I dont think anyone is telling you Texas is great. They are saying your guarantee was WRONG!

Old Tiger
11-05-2007, 05:56 PM
A&M's out of conference schedule: Miami, Montana State, Louisiana Monroe, and Fresno State.

You beat up on crappy teams who are far less talented than the out of conference opponents that Texas has played. You played a sub-par Miami team who put it on you like it was going out of style.

Your out of conference opponents combined record: 19-17
Texas out of conference opponents combined record: 17-19

What is decieving about that OOC opponents record is that one of the teams A&M played is a playoff sub-division team who has gotten wins against other playoff sub-division teams.

Texas A&M Schedule Ranks 45
Texas schedule ranks 15

Plus anyway you look at it Texas is 8-2 and A&M is 6-4

RMAC
11-05-2007, 05:59 PM
A&M's out of conference schedule: Miami, Montana State, Louisiana Monroe, and Fresno State.

You beat up on crappy teams who are far less talented than the out of conference opponents that Texas has played.

Now please tell us how Arkansas St, Central Florida, and Rice are far superior than the teams you listed.

Old Tiger
11-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Now please tell us how Arkansas St, Central Florida, and Rice are far superior than the teams you listed. Arkansas State has a pretty salty runningback. UCF recruits the Florida talent and rice is well they are just better than Montana State

g$$
11-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
talk about taking offence easily and being a little high strung

Offence?? Is that like get off the fence?

Just don't care for t-shirt fans calling me out over a mediocre win over an avg. team.

If some you take solace in me missing on my prediction because the kid missed a 32 yard FG, then get a life. If I was that good I would be in Vegas anyway!

g$$
11-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Arkansas State has a pretty salty runningback. UCF recruits the Florida talent and rice is well they are just better than Montana State

Never go into law - weak argument. Both Texas & Texas A&M are mediocre teams, & Texas is slightly better. I said that last week. Any way you slice it, both are off the national radar this year.

Rice is not better than Montana State. Look that up too.

UCF has the better RB, not Ark State. If you are bragging on those wins, that says it all. Texas should KILL those teams & did not except for Rice.

And, I never said A&M was good this year in football. In fact just the opposite. If you want to argue, get some facts straight.

Still waiting on a quality win for "your" Horns...still waiting...still waiting!

Old Tiger
11-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Never go into law - weak argument. Both Texas & Texas A&M are mediocre teams, & Texas is slightly better. I said that last week. Any way you slice it, both are off the national radar this year.

Rice is not better than Montana State. Look that up too.

UCF has the better RB, not Ark State. If you are bragging on those wins, that says it all. Texas should KILL those teams & did not except for Rice.

And, I never said A&M was good this year in football. In fact just the opposite. If you want to argue, get some facts straight.

Still waiting on a quality win for "your" Horns...still waiting...still waiting! No matter what you spin or do the records still look like this

8-2
6-4

A&M was way closer to being 5-5 than Texas was to being 7-3 or 6-4 ;)

crzyjournalist03
11-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Offence?? Is that like get off the fence?

Just don't care for t-shirt fans calling me out over a mediocre win over an avg. team.

If some you take solace in me missing on my prediction because the kid missed a 32 yard FG, then get a life. If I was that good I would be in Vegas anyway!

Just for the record, I doubt you'd have been called out if you hadn't asked to be held to that prediction...

g$$
11-05-2007, 06:15 PM
No matter what you spin or do the records still look like this

8-2
6-4

A&M was way closer to being 5-5 than Texas was to being 7-3 or 6-4 ;)

Why are you basing your argument on A&M's record? I know they stink & we will have a new coach soon.

Texas quality win...still waiting? Recovering onsides kicks 3 times against inferior opponents does NOT count.

Go buy a new t-shirt.

g$$
11-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Just for the record, I doubt you'd have been called out if you hadn't asked to be held to that prediction...

I stand by it. I was right on until the kid missed a 32 yard FG. That's the way it goes. Texas has nothing to be proud of by beating a 5-4 team in dramatic fashion. Texas is a mediocre teams this year. And VY is long gone.

Name 1 quality win...

Old Tiger
11-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Why are you basing your argument on A&M's record? I know they stink & we will have a new coach soon.

Texas quality win...still waiting? Recovering onsides kicks 3 times against inferior opponents does NOT count.

Go buy a new t-shirt. You can get any coach you want to but A&M will always be inferior to UT.

Texas probably doesn't have any quality wins but in a season of parody in college football does quality wins matter anymore? It's all about staying alive and winning. Something A&M has failed to do in 4 of their 10 tries.

crzyjournalist03
11-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I stand by it. I was right on until the kid missed a 32 yard FG. That's the way it goes. Texas has nothing to be proud of by beating a 5-4 team in dramatic fashion. Texas is a mediocre teams this year. And VY is long gone.

Name 1 quality win...

TCU was a quality team when the two met...they've gone downhill since, but they were a quality win at the time.

I applaud you for standing by your prediction though...I don't think that anybody here other than Go Blue is trying to make more of it than calling it a missed prediction...and nobody really pays attention to him anyway...

I'm right there with you as far as Texas hasn't been impressive this year.

crzyjournalist03
11-05-2007, 06:21 PM
in a season of parody in college football

now, there's some serious truth to that!

(Although I have a feeling that he meant to say parity...)

g$$
11-05-2007, 06:28 PM
You can get any coach you want to but A&M will always be inferior to UT.

Texas probably doesn't have any quality wins but in a season of parody in college football does quality wins matter anymore? It's all about staying alive and winning. Something A&M has failed to do in 4 of their 10 tries.

Might want to look at more than football hoss. It is very close across the board. In fact, A&M won more Big 12 titles last year than Texas. So your comments are stupid & wrong. Over time, yes Texas has been better. Check the present day #s.

Parody? You mean parity! Parody is like a spoof. Parity is lots of equal teams or close to it. Good gosh don't they teach English in Rockdale? That is bad man. Really bad. Completely different words & meanings.

Zero quality wins. TCU has proven to be average & Texas trailed until the 4th Q.

Go buy a new t-shirt & wear it to CPR training! You are an outsider trying to be a Horn in the worst way. Sad really.

sweetwater07
11-05-2007, 06:31 PM
It's a wrong or right situation. There is no well I was almost right.:p

To get g$$ to come back you have to say stuff like A&M's athletes are not comparable to those at Texas. Texas is heads and heels above A&M as a program.

Texas 47 national titles.
A&M 4

UCLA is heads and heals above Texas in national championships

g$$
11-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Now please tell us how Arkansas St, Central Florida, and Rice are far superior than the teams you listed.

Good point, & still waiting on response.

g$$
11-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$

I was NOT referring to Vet93 for the record. He's a good Aggie!

Big Papa
11-05-2007, 07:15 PM
haha this whole thread makes me laugh...first g$$ money makes a guarantee about a game that you can hold him too...and when someone does hold him to it they start to argue about texas's quality wins...which really has nothing to do with the fact that this is simply about g$$ and his original gaurantee...YES!!

oh and i didnt proof read this so in the famous words of the late b44 about my grammar and spelling or lack there of....Fire Away!

JasperDog94
11-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by g$$

And, did either of you go to Texas or just wear t-shirts? Thought so. WEAK...& expected. Sounds like I hit a nerve.

JasperDog94
11-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by g$$
And, did either of you go to Texas or just wear t-shirts? Thought so. WEAK...& expected. And since you want to get personal, I chose not to go to Texas because my father got brain cancer my senior year in high school and I chose to go to a school closer to home (SFA). If that makes me less of a fan in your eyes, so be it. I know in my heart that I made the right choice for my family. But that in no way diminishes my love and support for Texas.

Big Papa
11-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Sounds like I hit a nerve.

rofl...that sounds familiar...you forgot a couple of words at the ends though;)

JasperDog94
11-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I dont think anyone is telling you Texas is great. They are saying your guarantee was WRONG! Exactly. No reason to get personal about it. I was just razzing you.

KTJ
11-05-2007, 08:24 PM
This thread is hilarious.

I would respond with some insight and other notable points, but a certain poster would look past that and claim that my arguments/points have no merit for one reason or another.

And that poster knows who he is.

:p

JR2004
11-05-2007, 08:30 PM

To get g$$ to come back you have to say stuff like A&M's athletes are not comparable to those at Texas.

Or someone can just say Torbush on a random thread and he'll go into a lengthy diatribe about A&M that not even Aggie fans care to hear. I really wonder why he even bothers using a 3A football board when they have TexAgs for folks like that.

wedo
11-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Why did you guys stop??? It was just getting good!!!!

JR2004
11-05-2007, 08:37 PM

Apparently you did hit a nerve. I'm one of those T-shirt fans like you...lol. You know us guys who could've gone to Texas, but chose another route for various reasons. I would've loved to have transferred into UT when my time at ACC was up, but I'm glad for the route I was given that sent me to a smaller school because that's where the Good Lord sent me to instead of UT. Lord knows I've argued with God on plenty of things, but the school He sent me to won't be one of them. :)

SintonFan
11-05-2007, 08:48 PM
The only nerve you "hit" was trying to hold someone up to their own word.
The guy has "roid rage"... lol
:D :D :D
jus havin some fun...

DaHop72
11-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
You know us guys who could've gone to Texas, but chose another route for various reasons. I would've loved to have transferred into UT when my time at ACC was up, but I'm glad for the route I was given that sent me to a smaller school because that's where the Good Lord sent me to instead of UT. Lord knows I've argued with God on plenty of things, but the school He sent me to won't be one of them. :) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done.

Old Tiger
11-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
UCLA is heads and heals above Texas in national championships True

Old Tiger
11-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Or someone can just say Torbush on a random thread and he'll go into a lengthy diatribe about A&M that not even Aggie fans care to hear. I really wonder why he even bothers using a 3A football board when they have TexAgs for folks like that. TexAgs....that is a laughable message board. I go there often to get my daily laugh. One day they were talking about how Stephen McGee deserves to be in the same discussion as Tim Tebow. lol

wedo
11-05-2007, 11:42 PM
TexAgs....that is a laughable message board. I go there often to get my daily laugh. One day they were talking about how Stephen McGee deserves to be in the same discussion as Tim Tebow. lol

wow that almost made sprite come out of my nose:clap: :clap:

buff4life
11-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by g$$

if you want to go that route, who won the Lone Star Showdown? i believe that was Texas...

Darren
11-06-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by g$$

Agreed... I will say that I attended niether Texas or A&M.
However I will say that they are both below average teams this year.

With that being said. I think that the Aggies have a chance to beat Texas again this year. We will just have to wait to see what happens.

Old Tiger
11-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Darren

With that being said. I think that the Aggies have a chance to beat Texas again this year. We will just have to wait to see what happens. torbush....haha

Darren
11-06-2007, 08:35 AM
Hey no one gave the Ags a chance last year either.

Plus Texas has been getting off to some extremely slow starts.

JasperDog94
11-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Hey no one gave the Ags a chance last year either.

Plus Texas has been getting off to some extremely slow starts. Nobody is saying that Texas won't lose to A&M this year. The entire point of this thread was to razz someone over a prediction that didn't go their way. It's one thing to say that you think Team A will beat Team B. It's another thing to say Team A WILL beat Team B and that you can "hold me to that one".

So I did.:)

pirate4state
11-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Agreed... I will say that I attended niether Texas or A&M.
Then you aren't allowed to have an opinion t-shirt fan! GAH! Get with the program! :hand: :rolleyes:

Mace Griffin
11-06-2007, 11:52 AM
i have a great opinion on this topic but being that i went to neither school i will keep it to myself dont want to upset mr g$$

g$$
11-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
This thread is hilarious.

I would respond with some insight and other notable points, but a certain poster would look past that and claim that my arguments/points have no merit for one reason or another.

And that poster knows who he is.

:p

Let's hear it.

Torbush!

g$$
11-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Or someone can just say Torbush on a random thread and he'll go into a lengthy diatribe about A&M that not even Aggie fans care to hear. I really wonder why he even bothers using a 3A football board when they have TexAgs for folks like that.

And how is "Torbush" relative to a 3A message board? You sure like to toot your horn about a school you NEVER attended. I graduated from mine cowboy! I really wonder why you post at all since it is senseless drivel.

g$$
11-06-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
if you want to go that route, who won the Lone Star Showdown? i believe that was Texas...

A&M won more Big 12 titles last year than Texas. Look it up. 7-6 I believe if you care to know.

And, the Showdown is a head-to-head point system where different sports are weighted, +/-, etc. I prefer the conference titles because it is more encompassing. Conference titles mean more.

For example, Texas beat A&M last year in soccer (not this year). A&M won the conference again & advanced to the Elite 8 & lost a close match to UNC who won the NC. Thus my point.

Txbroadcaster
11-06-2007, 05:33 PM
G..Why does not going to the school mean so much? A would say a fan of a school for 20 years is as much a fan as someone who went to the school for all of 4 years

g$$
11-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Apparently you did hit a nerve. I'm one of those T-shirt fans like you...lol. You know us guys who could've gone to Texas, but chose another route for various reasons. I would've loved to have transferred into UT when my time at ACC was up, but I'm glad for the route I was given that sent me to a smaller school because that's where the Good Lord sent me to instead of UT. Lord knows I've argued with God on plenty of things, but the school He sent me to won't be one of them. :)

Always a reason, some legit & some are not.

Never the grades, the $$, the whatever. Always a "choice" I had to make. Always. Root for your school & quit hopping on bandwagons. Good way to break an ankle.

eagles_victory
11-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by g$$
A&M won more Big 12 titles last year than Texas. Look it up. 7-6 I believe if you care to know.

And, the Showdown is a head-to-head point system where different sports are weighted, +/-, etc. I prefer the conference titles because it is more encompassing. Conference titles mean more.

For example, Texas beat A&M last year in soccer (not this year). A&M won the conference again & advanced to the Elite 8 & lost a close match to UNC who won the NC. Thus my point. let it go you went to A&M congradulations your a real fan not a t-shirt fan your definitly better then all the rest of us.

Could we get a possible 3adownlow rule that says your not allowed to discuss college sports unless you attended the college your talking about. So I can only talk about SFA. I think this is the only way to keep little g$$ happy

g$$
11-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
G..Why does not going to the school mean so much? A would say a fan of a school for 20 years is as much a fan as someone who went to the school for all of 4 years

Been thru this before.

Fan of 20 years, yes a fan. And only a fan.

Attended that school & graduated, different deal. More than a fan but a vested interest in school.

Totally different experience.

No respect for t-shirt fans. NONE

(if kids attend that school, I can accept that route or lifelong fan going back to childhood for family reasons)

Just my opinion. And that goes for any school too.

Txbroadcaster
11-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Can someone remove the stick from G's Backside

Sorry G, but YOU said hold u to the prediction, and Jasper did..and it was all in good fun until u start attacking, first Texas and then the so called T-Shirt fans..Why could u just not take your medicine, smile about it and all have a laugh

What is lost in all this was you did almost call it 100% correct, but now u just seem bitter you were called on a prediction, YOU asked to be called on

g$$
11-06-2007, 05:43 PM
let it go you went to A&M congradulations your a real fan not a t-shirt fan your definitly better then all the rest of us.

Could we get a possible 3adownlow rule that says your not allowed to discuss college sports unless you attended the college your talking about. So I can only talk about SFA. I think this is the only way to keep little g$$ happy

Who is little SFA? Is spelling taught there or required for entry? Don't try to call me out when you have trouble forming complete thoughts. OK?

Txbroadcaster
11-06-2007, 05:45 PM
oh and G if your taking care of your ill Mother as was mentioned earlier in this thread , know she is my families prayers

g$$
11-06-2007, 05:48 PM
Can someone remove the stick from G's Backside

Sorry G, but YOU said hold u to the prediction, and Jasper did..and it was all in good fun until u start attacking, first Texas and then the so called T-Shirt fans..Why could u just not take your medicine, smile about it and all have a laugh

What is lost in all this was you did almost call it 100% correct, but now u just seem bitter you were called on a prediction, YOU asked to be called on

NO stick here - I was about 1 minute from being exactly right! Ok State should have won the game (they are 5-4 you know) if they could make a 32 yard FG. It was all in good fun until some got personal. I gave Texas credit for coming back too.

Texas is a flawed team & some on here act like they are in the NC race. Uh, no. Have ZERO quality wins. Zero. They drink the burnt orange kool-aid until they puke. Never objective & rational. That is what bothers me. So be it.

Txbroadcaster
11-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by g$$
NO stick here - I was about 1 minute from being exactly right! Ok State should have won the game (they are 5-4 you know) if they could make a 32 yard FG. It was all in good fun until some got personal. I gave Texas credit for coming back too.

Texas is a flawed team & some on here act like they are in the NC race. Uh, no. Have ZERO quality wins. Zero. They drink the burnt orange kool-aid until they puke. Never objective & rational. That is what bothers me. So be it.

Here is the really strange thing..Texas has an oustide shot at a BCS Bowl this year

g$$
11-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Here is the really strange thing..Texas has an oustide shot at a BCS Bowl this year

VERY outside shot (barely in top 15 of BCS but have name appeal & fan/tv draw). In terms of the Big 12, lots of stuff would have to fall into place. The Big 12 has 3 teams in the top 6 of the BCS (Kansas, OU, Mizzou). But KU & Mizzou have to play soon & OU probably gets one of them in the Title Game. So there will be movement. Texas gets a Tier 2 Bowl (Holiday??) this year again (Alamo Bowl last year). Texas is living on borrowed time this year. I expect Tech to play them well Sat. too.

wedo
11-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by g$$
NO stick here - I was about 1 minute from being exactly right!

But you weren't!!! Geez man do you have a sense of humor??

sorry i didn't know this was english class, sorry if i mess spel ne words!!

Old Tiger
11-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by g$$

For example, Texas beat A&M last year in soccer (not this year). A&M won the conference again & advanced to the Elite 8 & lost a close match to UNC who won the NC. Thus my point. Well Texas has A&M dominated in conference titles historically too, lol.

Old Tiger
11-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Been thru this before.

Fan of 20 years, yes a fan. And only a fan.

Attended that school & graduated, different deal. More than a fan but a vested interest in school.

Totally different experience.

No respect for t-shirt fans. NONE

(if kids attend that school, I can accept that route or lifelong fan going back to childhood for family reasons)

Just my opinion. And that goes for any school too. I'm glad nothing in life requires your respect because you do little to deserve respect yourself. You argue with 20 year old kids and when your proven wrong or you're wrong you go on the defense and get in "attack mode" and start tearing down everyone or anyone in site. Grow up old man.

Oh yea I'll continue being a t-shirt fan so I could care less what you think about that.

g$$
11-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by wedo
But you weren't!!! Geez man do you have a sense of humor??

sorry i didn't know this was english class, sorry if i mess spel ne words!!

NO one said that to you about spelling. Yes, I love to laugh. Kid missed a chipshot FG, so be it. No great thing beating a 5-4 team in dramatic fashion IMO. It just shows you how far down Texas is this year. Texas is a team with issues in the OL & secondary. LB corps is better with 2nd teamers. I expect a shoot-out with Tech Saturday.

g$$
11-06-2007, 06:39 PM
I'm glad nothing in life requires your respect because you do little to deserve respect yourself. You argue with 20 year old kids and when your proven wrong or you're wrong you go on the defense and get in "attack mode" and start tearing down everyone or anyone in site. Grow up old man.

Oh yea I'll continue being a t-shirt fan so I could care less what you think about that.
'
New t-shirts on sale at Academy. Hurry up!

Proven wrong on what? My prediction was off by a FG the kid missed at home. Give me a break. It was all in fun anyway.

Live in the present Horn wannabe. MY #s don't lie.

I'll stay older & smarter than you any day of the week, thanks.

JasperDog94
11-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by g$$
It was all in good fun until some got personal.

Originally posted by g$$

Originally posted by g$$
I expected this - look it up t-shirt boy.

Originally posted by g$$
So your comments are stupid & wrong.

Go buy a new t-shirt & wear it to CPR training! You are an outsider trying to be a Horn in the worst way. Sad really.

Originally posted by g$$
You sure like to toot your horn about a school you NEVER attended. I graduated from mine cowboy! I really wonder why you post at all since it is senseless drivel.

Originally posted by g$$
Is spelling taught there or required for entry? Don't try to call me out when you have trouble forming complete thoughts. OK?

Originally posted by g$$
'
New t-shirts on sale at Academy. Hurry up!

Live in the present Horn wannabe. MY #s don't lie.

I'll stay older & smarter than you any day of the week, thanks.

You're right about one thing. Some people on here get real personal.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by g$$

If you don't like being held to a prediction, then don't ask to be.

Txbroadcaster
11-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by g$$
No great thing beating a 5-4 team in dramatic fashion IMO. It just shows you how far down Texas is this year. .

I agree Texas is down this year..BUT

How many teams have LOST to the lower tier teams this year?

Usc lost to Stanford, Michigan lost to App State, OU lost to Colorado etc..

Also Texas beat OSU in same fashion year they won the title.

My point is..a win is a win, no matter how u get it and ESPECIALLY this year when winning ugly is the norm

I like what one of the ESPN guys said this past weekend..in a year like this, any win is a quality win in a strange year of College football

eagles_victory
11-06-2007, 07:28 PM
and people wonder why aggies arent liked its bc people like g$$.

eagles_victory
11-06-2007, 07:30 PM
i would like to echo terrys statement earlier about your mom i hope everything is going well and wish you and your family the best

g$$
11-07-2007, 05:41 PM
and people wonder why aggies arent liked its bc people like g$$.

If we met & talked, then you & I would get along fine. Promise you. Stuff on a board gets lost in translation. No big deal.

I appreciate the kind words concerning my family.

JD94: yeah it did get personal, both ways. Let's all move on. I have no problem being held to what I said, but let's consider the game's outcome too. It was anything but a blowout & my prediction was right there. OK State needs to work on chip-shot FGs!

Adidas410s
11-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Also Texas beat OSU in same fashion year they won the title.

http://img30.picoodle.com/img/img30/5/11/7/f_confusedm_a154b9f.png

:confused: :confused:

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 06:00 PM
He meant come from behind ;)

g$$
11-07-2007, 06:03 PM
He meant come from behind ;)

Not quite the same - OK State never scored in the 2nd half in 2005. This year came down to last second FG. OK State needs to learn how to close out games (3/4 years big leads)!

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Okay but was it still a come from behind victory?

g$$
11-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Okay but was it still a come from behind victory?

Yeah, it was 28-12 at half but not nearly as close overall. Not in the mood to argue with you today over semantics.

Figured out parody/parity yet?
How about Jim Brown the HOF RB? Remember that one?
How about being rational & objective concerning all things burnt orange?

Just wondering...

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 06:21 PM
No arguing to this. It was a come from behind victory and so was the one in 05, lol.

Jim Brown, what the hell?
Yes I had a grammatical error thanks for point it out. ;)

g$$
11-07-2007, 06:31 PM
No arguing to this. It was a come from behind victory and so was the one in 05, lol.

Jim Brown, what the hell?
Yes I had a grammatical error thanks for point it out. ;)

When did I say it was not a comeback? Of course it was. Duh, be proud of beating a 5-4 team!

You had the wrong word & meaning, period. Not a typo. Jim Brown goes way back when you were wrong as usual about a HOF. Buff up youngster!

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by g$$
When did I say it was not a comeback? Of course it was. Duh, be proud of beating a 5-4 team!

You had the wrong word & meaning, period. Not a typo. Jim Brown goes way back when you were wrong as usual about a HOF. Buff up youngster! Well your team should be proud of their comeback against this same team. A come from behind victory is a big deal because if you did not come back it would result in a loss but because they did come from behind it is a win.

No I had the meaning correct wrong word. ;)

I don't recall anything about Jim Brown. He is one of the greatest all time.

8-2
6-4
'Nuff said.

g$$
11-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Well your team should be proud of their comeback against this same team.

No I had the meaning correct wrong word. ;)

I don't recall anything about Jim Brown. He is one of the greatest all time.

The word you used has a completely different meaning, thus what I said. I sure remember your JB reference.

My school (you know actually attended & graduated) is awful right now. I never disputed that one & predicted it. Bring on basketball & new coach for football. :)

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by g$$
The word you used has a completely different meaning, thus what I said. I sure remember your JB reference.

My school (you know actually attended & graduated) is awful right now. I never disputed that one & predicted it. Bring on basketball & new coach for football. :) In my head I had the right meaning but on paper I had a different word with a different meaning.

8-2
6-4

T-shirt fan 4 life!

g$$
11-07-2007, 06:40 PM
In my head I had the right meaning but on paper I had a different word with a different meaning.

8-2
6-4

T-shirt fan 4 life!

:clap: :clap:

At least you know your role!

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by g$$
:clap: :clap:

At least you know your role! At least i'm not a stereotypical aggie! haha:p :eek:

g$$
11-07-2007, 06:45 PM
You are way beyond help. See ya.

Old Tiger
11-07-2007, 06:48 PM
peace

8-2
6-4
'nuff said

Big Papa
11-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by g$$

haha....if you cant figure out from context that that was what he meant then he isnt the one with the problem....

haha i love to bring up old topics...YES!!

g$$
11-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
haha....if you cant figure out from context that that was what he meant then he isnt the one with the problem....

haha i love to bring up old topics...YES!!

NO, I can deduce from context but he still looked an idiot by using the wrong word, period. It was not a typo. Parity is not Parody - ever! You don't even want to go there with me. I can see what I am dealing with here. Your vocabulary & mine are light years apart. Move along fella.

Big Papa
11-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by g$$
NO, I can deduce from context but he still looked an idiot by using the wrong word, period. It was not a typo. Parity is not Parody - ever! You don't even want to go there with me. I can see what I am dealing with here. Your vocabulary & mine are light years apart. Move along fella.

as they should be seeing as your a grown man and im in my first year of college.....so if you could deduce what he meant then i spose your only reason for calling him out on it was to embarrass him and give you another angle to attack from:thinking:

g$$
11-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
as they should be seeing as your a grown man and im in my first year of college.....so if you could deduce what he meant then i spose your only reason for calling him out on it was to embarrass him and give you another angle to attack from:thinking:

I hope you knew the difference in those words before college. It was just funny when it happened, no big deal.

Big Papa
11-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I hope you knew the difference in those words before college. It was just funny when it happened, no big deal.

umm yes..i think i knew the difference in the words seeing how i love me a lil weird al...and if it was no big deal then why did you make a big a deal....and if you made a big deal then why am i making a big deal....it is obvious to me mister that this is over nothing