PDA

View Full Version : PP 21 BRIDGEPORT 19

bigfanofthegame
09-13-2002, 09:19 PM
SCORE AT HALF TIME BRIDGEPORT GETS THE BALL BACK BEGINING OF THIRD QUARTER

The One
09-14-2002, 12:03 AM
Final Bridgeport 46 PP 35

Bridgeport scored 27 unanswered points to start the 2nd half. PP score two late TD's one on last play of the game against mostly Bridgport 2nd stringers. Bridgeport was down early in this one due to two turnovers that PP turned into 14 pts. Bridgeports QB had 421 yds passing through 3 quarters of play.

eye of the tiger
09-14-2002, 12:22 AM
Good win for sure.

slpybear the bullfan
09-14-2002, 12:50 AM
One, I will have to catch you over at your house sometime and get your thoughts. Pretty interesting game. G.A. sure can pull some stuff out of the playbook!

Up until the very end my 54-21 wasn't all that crazy, but I will definitely settle for a good win and no major injuries.

Any idea what total yards for this game will be? Rushing maybe 70~80, or did we pop the century mark? Passing for 500+? I couldn't hear the announcer say what the stats were ending the 3rd.

slpybear

The One
09-14-2002, 08:10 AM
Slpybear,

The announcer announced 421yds at the end of the 3rd quarter, but star-telegram had 363 or 383 something like that this morning. Though I question those stats because they said he was 29 of 37 and we both know that isnt right. I have never seen like the dropped balls from last night. I think it was closer to 27 or 29 of 42 or 44 with about 400yds. I think he only played the first series of the 4th and then all the backups started coming in.
What did you think after our last possesion where we were just running the time off the clock then GA comes back with 52 seconds and immediatley starts trying to throw deep. We should have went ahead and scored the two chances in the fourth when we had the chance, but I know Henson took it easy because it was GA. You never seen GA take it easy on anybody during his 4yr winning stint.

slpybear the bullfan
09-14-2002, 12:50 PM
yeah, I went to look at the DMN website and see if the stats were different. They say 27 of 42 for 342. I can remember three sacks for around 20 or 30, so pretty close to 400. Its funny, the DMN shows no TD passes for PD... I will post ASAP... ALso, the guy that covers for the index is pretty good about his numbers, so I will hollar at him.

As far as that last possession goes, I was glad to see the Coach keep P.D. healthy. I was a dropped pass and 2pt conv away from my prediction of 54-21. Oh, well, like you say, I will always take a W.

Who was the other person on D who got hurt? I saw Hartsell and Tannery go out.

I don't think the outcome would have changed much if Salas stayed in. The Bulls were throwing the ball well and Ppoint had plenty of good runners. Like you say, what a bunch of dropped balls! Man, I counted three big drops by C. Martinez and others that would have helped out. You know, sometimes, I have to stop and remember that these are 16, 17, 18 year olds out there and that I get to taking them a little for granted...

Next week, Boyd??? Hope we just stay healthy...

slpybear