PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Reporting that Fran...

Macarthur
11-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Is gone. I haven't seen it, but some Aggie sites are blowing up with folks that have just seen this on the ESPN News ticker or something like that.

kaorder1999
11-05-2007, 01:29 PM
interesting

Macarthur
11-05-2007, 01:29 PM
also a poster says they heard it on Fox radio a few minutes ago.

crzyjournalist03
11-05-2007, 01:31 PM
nothing about it on the internet yet...at least not from a news source.

kaorder1999
11-05-2007, 01:31 PM
i havent heard anything yet!

CHS_CG
11-05-2007, 01:32 PM
checkin with some of my sources

Macarthur
11-05-2007, 01:33 PM
evidently everyone is tied up with the Joe Torre press conference, but the person that saw it on ESPN said he would finish out remaining games and a recruiter has been hired to begin the search with Tommy Tuberville being the top target.

crzyjournalist03
11-05-2007, 01:34 PM
meh, Torre deserves the attention more anyway.

CHS_CG
11-05-2007, 01:40 PM
what site are you looking at?

Macarthur
11-05-2007, 01:40 PM
texags.com

hutex04
11-05-2007, 01:48 PM
So far the only confirmation ive seen about Fran is on texags. Espn.com, statesman.com dont have anything talking about it.

big daddy russ
11-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
So far the only confirmation ive seen about Fran is on texags. Espn.com, statesman.com dont have anything talking about it.
It usually takes a while longer to hit the web than the TV. They need to gather reliable info, put it together, then type and edit a full story.

Macarthur
11-05-2007, 02:06 PM
I just saw the report on ESPN's College Football Live. Andre Ware is reporting that it's a done deal with a $2 million buyout.

Tuberville is the #1 candidate.

kaorder1999
11-05-2007, 02:09 PM
interesting....

Macarthur
11-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Here's the link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3095710

injuredinmelee
11-05-2007, 02:11 PM
is calahan next??? Surely he wont make the week.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-05-2007, 02:15 PM
:thinking:

I still have no comment.

lakers
11-05-2007, 02:17 PM
well i thought they would get rid of him after last weeks performance...

Bulldog_12
11-05-2007, 02:18 PM
I can see clearly now, the Fran is gone.

It's gonna be a bright, bright, bright, bright sunshiney day.

:D

nobogey72
11-05-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm guessing that posters from Clyde are nervous, thinking that since they've made the playoffs 2 years in a row, that their coach is a shoe-in to replace Francione.

sahen
11-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
is calahan next??? Surely he wont make the week.

Morris should be next but baylor is gonna drag their feet and half arse it....then wonder why we still cant compete....

pirate4state
11-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I'm guessing that posters from Clyde are nervous, thinking that since they've made the playoffs 2 years in a row, that their coach is a shoe-in to replace Francione.

:eek: :confused: :evillol: wha....:D

charlesrixey
11-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by sahen
Morris should be next but baylor is gonna drag their feet and half arse it....then wonder why we still cant compete....

i honestly think morriss hasn't done that bad--much better than the last several bears coaches

who would you want to come in and replace him?

who would want to?

Aesculus gilmus
11-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Baylor needs a coach who will tell them what they do not want to hear ... that it is time to consider becoming members of another conference.

There is no way that any football coach can make that school competitive in the Big 12. Insanity is doing the same thing season after season and expecting a different result.

BILLYFRED0000
11-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i honestly think morriss hasn't done that bad--much better than the last several bears coaches

who would want to?

Lets bring Grant Taff back.........

sahen
11-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey

who would want to?

he is a decent coach but cant recruit, the inability to recruit a quarterback to baylor has been his demise....if we have a decent quarterback this year then we are a decent team...

the fact that people make statements such as aesculus is the reason y we need a new coach....they apparantly werent alive when baylor was fine, by the way tech finally has a winning record against baylor after this year, if we cant compete then y did it take them this long in the big 12 to do that...we can compete but our adminstration cant hire a coach worth a darn....

sahen
11-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Lets bring Grant Taff back.........

its Teaff but he is too old...i know you were kidding but there is some rumors of getting Singletary in there to coach and having Teaff as a "football director" type person, a counselor-like person to Singletary who is lacking in expierence in the head coaching position, but has experience at the other areas....i dunno if tha twould work but its one idea i have heard tossed around....

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by sahen
its Teaff but he is too old...i know you were kidding but there is some rumors of getting Singletary in there to coach and having Teaff as a "football director" type person, a counselor-like person to Singletary who is lacking in expierence in the head coaching position, but has experience at the other areas....i dunno if tha twould work but its one idea i have heard tossed around....
That might be a great plan. I know of a couple of pretty decent players that have played for Baylor in recent years. If a coach can bring in talent at all positions, they should be competitive.

sahen
11-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That might be a great plan. I know of a couple of pretty decent players that have played for Baylor in recent years. If a coach can bring in talent at all positions, they should be competitive.

we will see, personally I am not sure Singletary wants to coach us and that plan is probably just rumors for now...Teaff has a great gig as head of the college football coaches association thing so I dont know why he would leave but he has publicly stated he is embarassed at the direction Baylor football has went after he left/was thrown out by morons in the Baylor administration....Baylor will make a strong push for Singletary but if he wants to stay in teh NFL then we cant do anythign about that, hopefully the administration is smart and does their homework on teh coach they hire this time no matter who it is instead of just trying to find someone they can boss around...

navscanmaster
11-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Back to Coach Fran....

KBTX news brief reporting that athletics department spokesman has talked with both Byrne and Fran, and no talk of buyouts or anything else other than a game plan for Missouri. KBTX also contacted the sports coach search service, and they said that the report is "pure speculation." But, wishful thinking though.

87 TIGER
11-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Back to Coach Fran....

KBTX news brief reporting that athletics department spokesman has talked with both Byrne and Fran, and no talk of buyouts or anything else other than a game plan for Missouri. KBTX also contacted the sports coach search service, and they said that the report is "pure speculation." But, wishful thinking though. Game plan?......Save the gas money and stay at home.
Tigers win big.

Old Tiger
11-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Game plan?......Save the gas money and stay at home.
Tigers win big. True...Mizzou threw the ball all day on A&M last year but too bad the refs thought that 1st touchdown was a turnover

Antec
11-05-2007, 05:46 PM
KILT AM 610 station in Houston had a blurb aboout it at 4:30 p.m.

They they got if from source at ESPN

g$$
11-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
True...Mizzou threw the ball all day on A&M last year but too bad the refs thought that 1st touchdown was a turnover

Hey bud- if the ball is knocked loose before the guy crosses the goal line, then it is a turnover (actually touchback in this case). Might want to buff up on your rules. And your boy Stryker Suylak was not involved anyway. Replays were very conclusive on this one too.

I have been told by an insider that the Fran deal is done & will not be announced until after the Texas game. The insider is a guy I worked with there a few years ago. Fran will get around $2 million to go away & avoid legal hassles. New coach will be named early December after Texas game.

Snydertigersrul
11-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Is gone. I haven't seen it, but some Aggie sites are blowing up with folks that have just seen this on the ESPN News ticker or something like that.

Fran will be history at the end of the season. The first big question will the Aggies try to get permission to talk with Gary Kubiak about being the next coach.

Bull19
11-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Fran will be history at the end of the season. The first big question will the Aggies try to get permission to talk with Gary Kubiak about being the next coach.

you cant seriulsy think kubiak will become the new coach for the ags?

Global Swarming
11-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Kubiak would be the first one I'd talk to.

Snydertigersrul
11-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
Kubiak would be the first one I'd talk to.

And he is an Aggie.

wedo
11-05-2007, 08:33 PM
evidently everyone is tied up with the Joe Torre press conference, but the person that saw it on ESPN said he would finish out remaining games and a recruiter has been hired to begin the search with Tommy Tuberville being the top target.

That would be a great choice for the ags, but i also think that they should go after Art Briles (sp) from UH he his a great coach!

JR2004
11-05-2007, 08:43 PM
evidently everyone is tied up with the Joe Torre press conference,

Well Joe Torre managing the Dodgers is a far bigger story nationally. Most folks outside of Texas or Alabama aren't going to have much of a direct interest in the situation.