PDA

View Full Version : Patriots say Colts Cheated

JasperDog94
11-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/Patriots-complain-about-crowd-noise?urn=nfl,52422)

Patriots complain about crowd noise

By Jason Cole

Monday, Nov 5, 2007 12:13 pm EST

The NFL is looking into allegations that the Indianapolis Colts piped in noise during the game Sunday between the Colts and the Patriots. The charge comes after Patriots President Jonathan Kraft became the latest NFL team executive to accuse the Colts of the distracting tactic that is against the rules.

"We're aware of it and we're looking into it," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Monday. "It may just be the TV feed from CBS, but we're checking it out."

Observers at the game said there seemed to be a "skip" in the sound during the game Sunday, which the Patriots won 24-20. That might confirm the long-held suspicion among many people in the NFL that the Colts play loud crowd noise to help distract opponents when the other team is on offense.

"We're aware of the accusations, but there has never been anything to substantiate it," Aiello said.

Kraft approached NFL Vice President of Security Milt Ahlerich after Kraft and his parents, Patriots owners Bob and Myra Kraft, left the Patriots locker room after the game.

Kraft was angry as he told Ahlerich the league needed to look into the allegation. Ahlerich is the same person who confiscated a videotape made by the Patriots during a game against the New York Jets in Week 2 that led to the Spygate controversy.

In addition, New England quarterback Tom Brady also commented on how loud it was in the RCA Dome.

"I don't know how you measure levels of being deaf, but we couldn't hear anything out there," Brady said.

This is the latest in a string of incidents between the teams that have fueled the growing Colts-Pats rivalry. In the past, Colts General Manager Bill Polian has vehemently argued that the Patriots have bent the rules in terms of use of replay challenges and the pass interference rule

crzyjournalist03
11-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Kettle, meet pot.

JasperDog94
11-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Ironic...isn't it?

SUPERMANN5107
11-05-2007, 02:02 PM
What a bunch of babies. Quit whining about it and just play.

kaorder1999
11-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Kettle, meet pot.

:clap:

Big Papa
11-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by SUPERMANN5107
What a bunch of babies. Quit whining about it and just play.

by the way...what was tom brady's problem yesterday...the guy seemed to be yelling at any and everything throughout the game...i think he was even yelling at the refs after he took a knee on the last play..

lakers
11-05-2007, 02:20 PM
ahhh,

they lost, they need to get over it...

crzyjournalist03
11-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by lakers
ahhh,

um, no they didn't...

Ranger Mom
11-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by lakers
ahhh,

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Bull19
11-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
i think he was even yelling at the refs after he took a knee on the last play..

he was

crzyjournalist03
11-05-2007, 02:26 PM
by the way...what was tom brady's problem yesterday...the guy seemed to be yelling at any and everything throughout the game...i think he was even yelling at the refs after he took a knee on the last play..

Maybe Brady is deaf now and thought that he had to yell to have anybody hear him:

"I don't know how you measure levels of being deaf, but we couldn't hear anything out there," Brady said.

:D ;) :D

Big Papa
11-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Maybe Brady is deaf now and thought that he had to yell to have anybody hear him:

:D ;) :D

aaah yes it makes sense now....i was kinda thinking brady was on the roids and was getting some of that roid rage through out the game...my suspicion grew when he started headbutting the crap outta his offensive linemen

pirate4state
11-05-2007, 02:44 PM
aaah yes it makes sense now....i was kinda thinking brady was on the roids and was getting some of that roid rage through out the game...my suspicion grew when he started headbutting the crap outta his offensive linemen LOL

DUKE22
11-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Ok i feel a bit stupid here but what exactly did they accuse them of.

Black_Magic
11-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
Ok i feel a bit stupid here but what exactly did they accuse them of. Electrtonicaly enhancing the crowd noise somehow.

sahen
11-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Ok i feel a bit stupid here but what exactly did they accuse them of.
playing crowd noise over the speakers of the RCA dome to make the crowd seem louder than they really were....

JasperDog94
11-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by sahen
playing crowd noise over the speakers of the RCA dome to make the crowd seem louder than they really were.... ...which we all know is waaaaaay worse than illegally filming and stealing signals.:rolleyes:

DUKE22
11-05-2007, 02:52 PM
playing crowd noise over the speakers of the RCA dome to make the crowd seem louder than they really were.... Ok so they went Milli Vanilli on them huh, wow that almost sounds a bit desperate.

Black_Magic
11-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Ok so they went Milli Vanilli on them huh, wow that almost sounds a bit desperate. IDIOOOT!:doh:

DU_stud04
11-05-2007, 02:56 PM
playing crowd noise over the speakers of the RCA dome to make the crowd seem louder than they really were.... doesnt seattle do this? i thought i read something about it back when they had the who ordeal wit texas a&m and the 12th man

JasperDog94
11-05-2007, 03:17 PM
You can't electronically amplify crowd noise through the PA system or any other system for that matter.

sahen
11-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
doesnt seattle do this? i thought i read something about it back when they had the who ordeal wit texas a&m and the 12th man

i think several teams have been accused of it in the past but i dont recall one actually being caught doing it....we will see what happens, but it seems like it would be a hard thing to convict someone of unless if the person doing it confessed....

Bulldog_12
11-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Ok, call me crazy, but at one point in the game yesterday, it sounded as though the audio was skipping, but the announcers were still talking in complete sentences. It only did it for a second or two, but it definitely sounded like the crowd noise and really nothing else was skipping. I really thought I was crazy, and maybe I really am, but now that this is out I feel a little better. lol:D

crzyjournalist03
11-05-2007, 04:16 PM
this myth is officially BUSTED!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3095903

Ranger Mom
11-05-2007, 04:24 PM
That's good to know!

I was just listening to the MP3 of it....and it shuts off...but you can't hear ANY crowd noise when it does..only the announcers.

If it was being piped through and it had a glitch...it wouldn't have been THAT quiet when it did...IMO!

Here is the MP3 link:

link (http://www.mattspatsblog.com/Moss_Catch_Audio.mp3)

I have one for youtube...but of course, the comments keep me from being able to post it.

eagles_victory
11-05-2007, 04:29 PM
reminds me of when wcw use to play the audio of Goldberg Goldberg so it sounded like the crowd was actually cheering for him really loud

Bulldog_12
11-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That's good to know!

I was just listening to the MP3 of it....and it shuts off...but you can't hear ANY crowd noise when it does..only the announcers.

If it was being piped through and it had a glitch...it wouldn't have been THAT quiet when it did...IMO!

Here is the MP3 link:

link (http://www.mattspatsblog.com/Moss_Catch_Audio.mp3)

I have one for youtube...but of course, the comments keep me from being able to post it.

Thats what I heard. If you listen at the very end it sounds like the crowd noise is skipping.

JasperDog94
11-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Nice try Belicheat, but you only have yourself to blame.

sinton66
11-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Poor Colts, don't get no respect even in their own barn.:weeping: