21 Snyder (7-2) 21 d. Lamesa 55-0 No. 13 Andrews
22 Dallas Roosevelt (8-1) 22 d. Madison 56-8 at Carrollton Ranchview
23 Madisonville (8-1) 24 d. Groesbeck 41-22 Mexia
24 Diboll (9-0) NR d. Crockett 45-28 No. 16 Carthage
25 Fort Stockton (8-1) NR d. Pecos 49-13 at Clint

Dropped Out: Kennedale, Port Isabel

LHMom
11-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Dave is not living in the Real World!!!!!

Dominicfrank
11-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Burkburnett should be in there over Clyde or at least right next to them.

Black_Magic
11-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
Dave is not living in the Real World!!!!! Yep who is he anyway?:rolleyes: :clap: :clap: I mean just because he publishes the largest most comprehensive high school FB magazine in the state. Big deal.;)

Johnny 5
11-05-2007, 03:03 PM
w00t! Rio Hondo moved to 9! :D

lakers
11-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Burkburnett should be in there over Clyde or at least right next to them.

why is that???

If u wanna make that case then Clyde should be over Vernon, but both games were played a long time ago...

Teams have changed, that is what u r always preachin...

sweetwater07
11-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Yep who is he anyway?:rolleyes: :clap: :clap: I mean just because he publishes the largest most comprehensive high school FB magazine in the state. Big deal.;)

pfff. If sweetwater isn't in his top 25, then he's not credible at all!!

:D :D :clap:

footballgal
11-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
w00t! Rio Hondo moved to 9! :D

and PI dropped out just for loosing a close one to #9?:confused:

District303aPastPlayer
11-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by footballgal

Cause PI is a valley school... No other reasons

Black_Magic
11-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
pfff. If sweetwater isn't in his top 25, then he's not credible at all!!

:D :D :clap: I know!!:doh: I mean if 5-4 Sweetwater isnt on there then the guy must be an idiot!:doh:

themsu97
11-06-2007, 11:32 AM
my question is how is LH not #1... didn't they win it all last year and aren't they still undefeated?

footballgal
11-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Cause PI is a valley school... No other reasons

So is #9 Rio Hondo

bigron15
11-06-2007, 02:41 PM
what?! no swater? man thats busch league

Panther One
11-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
my question is how is LH not #1... didn't they win it all last year and aren't they still undefeated?
It's a new year. Obviously DC thinks there are better teams out there this year. There's nothing wrong with that.

Dominicfrank
11-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by lakers
why is that???

If u wanna make that case then Clyde should be over Vernon, but both games were played a long time ago...

Teams have changed, that is what u r always preachin...

Dont get your Clyde pants all packed in. Burk should be right up there becuase they beat Clyde. Vernon DID lose to Clyde but since then has beat Burk and top ten Graham. Who has Clyde beat other than Vernon who is ranked? Vernon is a better team than Clyde and has proven it by their play since that game. Get over it. Clyde just hasnt proven to be a top team.

sweetwater07
11-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I know!!:doh: I mean if 5-4 Sweetwater isnt on there then the guy must be an idiot!:doh:

amen to that:D :clap:

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2007, 05:53 PM
I think it was explained in the magazine. ;)

grizz53
11-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Dont get your Clyde pants all packed in. Burk should be right up there becuase they beat Clyde. Vernon DID lose to Clyde but since then has beat Burk and top ten Graham. Who has Clyde beat other than Vernon who is ranked? Vernon is a better team than Clyde and has proven it by their play since that game. Get over it. Clyde just hasnt proven to be a top team.

Your an idiot you cant say that Vernon is better than Clyde. Clyde spanked Vernon up and down the field, and since the 1 point lose to wylie, Clyde has improved alot too.

Dominicfrank
11-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by grizz53
Your an idiot you cant say that Vernon is better than Clyde. Clyde spanked Vernon up and down the field, and since the 1 point lose to wylie, Clyde has improved alot too. Thats better get it all out. Fact of the matter is the majority of poeple knwo Vernon is better. Teams can have bad games and that is all Vernon's game against Clyde was. Vernon went to Graham and to Burk and won tough games. I also think you assume I think Clyde is not good. Not true, they ar a good team just not as good as Vernon.

Dominicfrank
11-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Oh yeah adn as long as you want to play this who beat who, then Vernon should be higher than Wylie considering Vernon beat Graham who beat Wylie and Clyde.

Dominicfrank
11-06-2007, 06:02 PM
The game that throws this into a discussion is the Vernon loss to Clyde which should prove even more to you that it was a fluke.

grizz53
11-06-2007, 06:06 PM
The game that throws this into a discussion is the Vernon loss to Clyde which should prove even more to you that it was a fluke.

Yea 39-21 was a fluke. OK. Clyde lost to Graham at the first of the season and the loses to Wylie and Burk were both in OT. And its stupid to compare teams by the way they played in other games. Clyde beat Vernon so until they get a chance to play again Clyde is the better team.

Dominicfrank
11-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Yea 39-21 was a fluke. OK. Clyde lost to Graham at the first of the season and the loses to Wylie and Burk were both in OT. And its stupid to compare teams by the way they played in other games. Clyde beat Vernon so until they get a chance to play again Clyde is the better team. Keep telling yourself that and let the rest of the educated world continue to give Vernon top ten votes and leave Clyde completely out. Guess you are the one who should just do the rankings. Vernon lost one game, you lost three against similar talent.

Dominicfrank
11-06-2007, 06:10 PM
There is a reason why Vernon is back in the top 10 and Clyde isnt.

Dominicfrank
11-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Also please view the posters on this website who did not rank Clyde higher than Vernon on even one post. Best you got was one who had us all tied which is far more credible than your assumption Clyde is better than a proven Vernon team.

grizz53
11-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Keep telling yourself that and let the rest of the educated world continue to give Vernon top ten votes and leave Clyde completely out. Guess you are the one who should just do the rankings. Vernon lost one game, you lost three against similar talent.

When are you going to wake up and realize that this isn't the BCS and top ten votes as well as any kind of votes means nothing. this is Texas High School Football and we have a playoff system that decides the only Ranking that matters in football, who is number one. This argument can never be solved because even if somehow Clyde and Vernon did Play again and Vernon actually won then the seson series would still be 1-1 and there is no tie-breaker, and if clyde won you would still try to make up some excuse as to why you lost. Actually the only way this could be resolved in theory is if Either Clyde of Vernon won state.

Dominicfrank
11-06-2007, 06:27 PM
When are you going to wake up and realize that this isn't the BCS and top ten votes as well as any kind of votes means nothing. this is Texas High School Football and we have a playoff system that decides the only Ranking that matters in football, who is number one. This argument can never be solved because even if somehow Clyde and Vernon did Play again and Vernon actually won then the seson series would still be 1-1 and there is no tie-breaker, and if clyde won you would still try to make up some excuse as to why you lost. Actually the only way this could be resolved in theory is if Either Clyde of Vernon won state. Incorrect, There are a lot fo things that we can decide just by looking. Vernon is better than Clyde, Hirschi, Commanche, Bridgeport, Bowie, etc.... see how easy that was? If Clyde can make it to play Vernon and Vernon won it would just solidify what I am saying. They only way Clyde can prove it wasnt a fluke would be to win a cople of games and do it to Vernon again. I dont see that happening, Clyde might lose round one.

grizz53
11-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Incorrect, There are a lot fo things that we can decide just by looking. Vernon is better than Clyde, Hirschi, Commanche, Bridgeport, Bowie, etc.... see how easy that was? If Clyde can make it to play Vernon and Vernon won it would just solidify what I am saying. They only way Clyde can prove it wasnt a fluke would be to win a cople of games and do it to Vernon again. I dont see that happening, Clyde might lose round one.

First off, learn how to spell before you want to have a sofisticated arguement. Second, the only thing that proves anything in football is head to head competition and who makes it farther in the playoffs. So far, Both teams are in the playoffs and Clyde has beat Vernon 39-21 so those are the facts and that proves who is better up to this point. The fact is things change every week. Players get hurt, the couches put together a better game plan, and sometimes, God Forbid, a team like vernon gets lucky against teams like graham and burk. So, until Vernon beats Clyde or Wins State don't just assume that you are better and Clyde was a fluke.

lakers
11-06-2007, 06:43 PM
First off, learn how to spell before you want to have a sofisticated arguement. Second, the only thing that proves anything in football is head to head competition and who makes it farther in the playoffs. So far, Both teams are in the playoffs and Clyde has beat Vernon 39-21 so those are the facts and that proves who is better up to this point. The fact is things change every week. Players get hurt, the couches put together a better game plan, and sometimes, God Forbid, a team like vernon gets lucky against teams like graham and burk. So, until Vernon beats Clyde or Wins State don't just assume that you are better and Clyde was a fluke.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

GET'EM GRIZZ!!!

rockdale80
11-06-2007, 06:49 PM

I think if you misspell a word when you are calling out someone out about spelling, then you lose credibility. ;)

"Sofisticated" is not a word.....:D

Neither is "arguement"....:)

"couches" or coaches?:p

Sorry.....couldnt help it. :cool:

grizz53
11-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I think if you misspell a word when you are calling out someone out about spelling, then you lose credibility. ;)

"Sofisticated" is not a word.....:D

Neither is "arguement"....:)

"couches" or coaches?:p

Sorry.....couldnt help it. :cool:

"Calling out someone out about spelling" your no eintein yourself. Anyway the arguement is about football and I noticed you didn't have any arguement with my opinion on FOOTBALL so i can only guess you have come to the one logical conclusion and decided i was right and to leave all the football thinking to me.

Panther One
11-06-2007, 07:13 PM
My advice to Clyde...Don't worry about polls. Beat Argyle in round 1 and you'll get your rematch with Graham in round 2. And keep winning and you may get the chance to beat Vernon again. If what you speak is true, then let it play out and talk your smack when your team is the one left standing...

grizz53
11-06-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
My advice to Clyde...Don't worry about polls. Beat Argyle in round 1 and you'll get your rematch with Graham in round 2. And keep winning and you may get the chance to beat Vernon again. If what you speak is true, then let it play out and talk your smack when your team is the one left standing...

I agree with you completely.

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Texas Football/State Farm
Class 3A Top 25 Rankings
Rank School Prv Last Week This Week
1 Giddings (9-0) 1 d. Bellville 34-6 Smithville
2 Celina (9-0) 2 d. Prosper 62-13 Whitesboro
3 Royse City (9-0) 3 d. Quinlan Ford 36-15 at Emory Rains
4 Liberty Hill (8-0) 4 d. Taylor 52-7 at Cameron Yoe
5 Gilmer (9-0) 5 d. Spring Hill 65-7 Gladewater
6 West Orange-Stark (8-1) 6 d. Orangefield 49-13 at Bridge City
7 Waco La Vega (9-0) 8 d. Lorena 35-7 at Waco Connally
8 Abilene Wylie (7-2) 9 d. Breckenridge 63-35 at Comanche
9 Rio Hondo (9-0) 12 d. Port Isabel 31-20 La Feria
10 Ingleside (8-1) 10 d. West Oso 28-20 Sinton
11 Cuero (7-2) 11 d. Gonzales 44-27 Goliad
12 Vernon (8-1) 19 d. Graham 17-10 Iowa Park
13 Andrews (8-1) 13 d. Greenwood 14-10 at No. 21 Snyder
14 Caldwell (7-1) 14 d. Navasota 44-29 Bellville
15 Pleasanton (8-2) 15 d. Poteet 55-23 Open
16 Carthage (7-2) 16 d. Huntington 55-6 at No. 24 Diboll
17 Graham (8-1) 7 l. to Vernon 17-10 at Burkburnett
18 Kirbyville (8-1) 17 d. Silsbee 29-28 Hamshire-Fannett
19 Canyon (8-1) 18 d. Perryton 42-21 Dalhart
20 Clyde (7-3) 20 d. Comanche 49-6 Open
21 Snyder (7-2) 21 d. Lamesa 55-0 No. 13 Andrews
22 Dallas Roosevelt (8-1) 22 d. Madison 56-8 at Carrollton Ranchview
23 Madisonville (8-1) 24 d. Groesbeck 41-22 Mexia
24 Diboll (9-0) NR d. Crockett 45-28 No. 16 Carthage
25 Fort Stockton (8-1) NR d. Pecos 49-13 at Clint

Dropped Out: Kennedale, Port Isabel

After this week Snyder will be back up top

rockdale80
11-06-2007, 07:34 PM
"Calling out someone out about spelling" your no eintein yourself. Anyway the arguement is about football and I noticed you didn't have any arguement with my opinion on FOOTBALL so i can only guess you have come to the one logical conclusion and decided i was right and to leave all the football thinking to me.

Well if you knew me at all, you might know I did that on purpose....ah well.....

and on this topic I have nothing to bring to the table. I don't particularly care about this poll, or really any poll for that matter.

Its just someone's opinion.....

Johnny 5
11-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by footballgal

twasn't close

wasn't a blowout, but wasn't close.

Dominicfrank
11-06-2007, 11:18 PM
I agree with you completely. forgive my bad typing but you get my point. Vernon as proven to be better just deal with it. Get past round one and I will be shocked.

lakers
11-06-2007, 11:55 PM
forgive my bad typing but you get my point. Vernon as proven to be better just deal with it. Get past round one and I will be shocked.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

bobcat1
11-07-2007, 05:46 AM

The Nerve of Dave! How could he? (Psst, Don't tell them but I don't think they are this year either :D )

LH Panther Mom
11-07-2007, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
(Psst, Don't tell them but I don't think they are this year either :D )
At least you're consistent from year to year. :p

charlesrixey
11-07-2007, 08:45 AM
"Calling out someone out about spelling" your no eintein yourself.

einstein?

grizz53
11-07-2007, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
einstein?

It was a joke

Texasfootball2
11-07-2007, 09:37 AM
Here my take on all this who's better than who talk. Starting Nov. 16, everybody gets a chance to show who's for real and who's not. Clyde will have plenty of chances to prove their worth. If the brackets are correct it looks like they will have to beat Argyle, Graham, and probably Snyder just to have a chance to play what will more than likely be Vernon in the regional finals. The bottom half of the bracket is much easier, with Vernon's toughest opponent (on paper)being a second round game with the Bridgeport vs. Sweetwater/Breckenridge winner.

It's realy an unrealistic arguement to compare teams on who beat who, because some programs are geared toward peaking in October and November where other programs come out the gate firing on all cylinders. The programs that play tough schedules and aim towards peaking in Oct. and Nov. will have a loss or two along the way and sometimes it may be to a lesser team. On the flip side, those programs that come out smoking may win some big games early and run out of steam late in the year. It's rare that a team goes undefeated all year. Even the best team is going to lose a game somewhere.

The reason Vernon is getting some attention by those making polls is because they have a history of peaking late and making good playoff runs. It's not that the voters think Clyde is that much a lesser team, but that Clyde is treading into unchartered waters. People want to see Clyde take that next step and win a playoff game or two. Even one victory over Argyle would go a long way towards gain more respect. I think that Graham dropped so far in the polls for the same reason. Over the past several years Graham as faded a little late in the year, and so the people making these polls hold it against them, even though last year Graham made a good showing.

I know this won't keep people from argueing the point of how good their team is or how their getting no respect but this is just my opinion.

nobogey72
11-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Here my take on all this who's better than who talk. Starting Nov. 16, everybody gets a chance to show who's for real and who's not. Clyde will have plenty of chances to prove their worth. If the brackets are correct it looks like they will have to beat Argyle, Graham, and probably Snyder just to have a chance to play what will more than likely be Vernon in the regional finals. The bottom half of the bracket is much easier, with Vernon's toughest opponent (on paper)being a second round game with the Bridgeport vs. Sweetwater/Breckenridge winner.

It's realy an unrealistic arguement to compare teams on who beat who, because some programs are geared toward peaking in October and November where other programs come out the gate firing on all cylinders. The programs that play tough schedules and aim towards peaking in Oct. and Nov. will have a loss or two along the way and sometimes it may be to a lesser team. On the flip side, those programs that come out smoking may win some big games early and run out of steam late in the year. It's rare that a team goes undefeated all year. Even the best team is going to lose a game somewhere.

The reason Vernon is getting some attention by those making polls is because they have a history of peaking late and making good playoff runs. It's not that the voters think Clyde is that much a lesser team, but that Clyde is treading into unchartered waters. People want to see Clyde take that next step and win a playoff game or two. Even one victory over Argyle would go a long way towards gain more respect. I think that Graham dropped so far in the polls for the same reason. Over the past several years Graham as faded a little late in the year, and so the people making these polls hold it against them, even though last year Graham made a good showing.

I know this won't keep people from argueing the point of how good their team is or how their getting no respect but this is just my opinion.

WHATEVER!!!!!!! I still say that Appalachian State and Stanford are getting screwed. I may have misspelled Appalachian. And, by the way, I'm thinking that Griz is still pissed about that call at Wylie Bulldog stadium. I would be too, (if I actually gave a crap about Clyde).

sabre1
11-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
Dave is not living in the Real World!!!!!

This man has forgot more football than most of us know. Don't get mad at one man's opinion, just b/c you don't agree.

grizz53
11-07-2007, 05:39 PM

I agree completely. If you read my quote from earlier I said the same thing that the only real way that you can compare teams is by how far into the playoffs they go.

grizz53
11-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
WHATEVER!!!!!!! I still say that Appalachian State and Stanford are getting screwed. I may have misspelled Appalachian. And, by the way, I'm thinking that Griz is still pissed about that call at Wylie Bulldog stadium. I would be too, (if I actually gave a crap about Clyde).

No Im not still pissed off about it. I mean yea it was a horrible call and Clyde does have a reason to be pissed. But Slaughter did an awesome job of keeping the boys attention away from all of the crap going around about the call and they took care of business. Clyde is pumped to be back into the playoffs again and is gettin ready for a long run.