PDA

View Full Version : Big test for the Rockets!

Bull's-eye
11-04-2007, 11:28 PM
Rockets play at Dallas on monday and then host the Spurs on tuesday. If Houston wants to be mentioned with the top teams, this would be a good time to start by defeating 2 of the best.

DU_stud04
11-05-2007, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Rockets play at Dallas on monday and then host the Spurs on tuesday. If Houston wants to be mentioned with the top teams, this would be a good time to start by defeating 2 of the best. im going to this game, my friend bought 8 tickets (him and 2 of his roommates from houston, then 3 other friends are dallas fans, then its me a spurs fan and this other girl) should be a fun time, we always have our fun trash talking when these teams meet up. im pulling for houston on this one, wearing my yao jersey on top of my spurs :D

hopefully i dont get jumped again......

Bull's-eye
11-05-2007, 12:37 AM
I'll be at the Spurs game on tuesday. Thanks for giving us Scola, I like his basketball awareness and toughness. He has helped given Houston a solid bench. Enjoy the game!

Bull's-eye
11-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Anybody else going to one of these games?

JasperDog94
11-05-2007, 01:35 PM
I'll be at the Spurs game on tuesday. Thanks for giving us Scola, I like his basketball awareness and toughness. He has helped given Houston a solid bench. Enjoy the game! For real. I love the toughness that Scola brings. The Rockets bench has been pretty solid the first three games. They've lacked that in years past.

The only thing I'll say about these games is that while it's a good test for the Rockets, it doesn't mean much for future success if they lose. They're still getting into the new system. Plus, we all know that San Antonio brings it when the playoffs come around.

Go Rockets!!!

Bull's-eye
11-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
The only thing I'll say about these games is that while it's a good test for the Rockets, it doesn't mean much for future success if they lose. They're still getting into the new system. Plus, we all know that San Antonio brings it when the playoffs come around.

Go Rockets!!!

Good point! Even though I'm not a big Steve Francis fan, he could have a role on this team. So far Luther Head hasn't been getting the job done, maybe it's time for Francis. James, Scola and Wells have been the biggest improvement for the Rockets.

JasperDog94
11-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Mike James has been money coming off the bench.

zebrablue2
11-05-2007, 05:28 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I'll be at the Spurs game on tuesday. Thanks for giving us Scola, I like his basketball awareness and toughness. He has helped given Houston a solid bench. Enjoy the game! [/QUOTE

Scola is the type of player the other teams will dislike. He plays hard and harder. He will fight you for the ball everywhere on the court. IMO, he was the best pickup of the bunch, with james a close second.

g$$
11-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Good point! Even though I'm not a big Steve Francis fan, he could have a role on this team. So far Luther Head hasn't been getting the job done, maybe it's time for Francis. James, Scola and Wells have been the biggest improvement for the Rockets.

NO - keep Francis out of the rotation. Bench is much better.

Rockets are much improved, more fun to watch, & a team to be reckoned with for sure. It will be interesting to watch the season unfold. I like Scola a lot. Team will improve offensively under Adelman. West is loaded!

Bull19
11-05-2007, 06:56 PM
HOW MUCH DID HOUSTON SPEND ON FRANCIS?

big daddy russ
11-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
HOW MUCH DID HOUSTON SPEND ON FRANCIS? $2.4 million. Pretty big money in the NFL, chump change in the NBA.

SintonFan
11-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Go Rockets Tonight!
Not tomorrow.;)
I wish Scola was with the Spurs but Darius Washington is gonna pay off for them in the long run.

kepdawg
11-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Go Mavs!

Emerson1
11-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
$2.4 million. Pretty big money in the NFL, chump change in the NBA.
Roger Clemens makes that per inning

kaorder1999
11-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Mavs win!

Bull's-eye
11-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Rockets played them tough for about 44 minutes, but lose down the stretch 107-98. Mavericks hit 27-28 free throws and Jason Terry scores 31 points. T-Mac scored 35 to lead the Rockets, with Yao scoring 21, but not much help from their bench.