PDA

View Full Version : Giddings & LH

buff4ever
11-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Okay I will be the first giddings poster to bring up this rematch possibility, YES THE FIRST GIDDINGS POSTER THAT I HAVE SEEN even though everyone thinks it is all we think about (whatever).

Just wanting to point out the possibility that giddings can still go D-1. It would require a upset this week of LG over navasota. It is in La grange, anything can happen under the friday night lights.

Now, granted even if this happens; there would still be 2 games for each team before a re-match could occur. So let's not get carried away here, but it seems like so many fans from towns other than LH and giddings want to talk about this. So they have one more chance.

LH Panther Mom
11-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Do a search with "rematch" and see what you come up with. Trust me, you're not the first to bring it up. ;)

rundoe
11-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Do a search with "rematch" and see what you come up with. Trust me, you're not the first to bring it up. ;)

I hope you are the last.

buff4ever
11-04-2007, 09:44 PM
I have a lot of respect for the both of you, but I have to ask you to please point out where a giddings poster posted it. I have looked a lot, and can find some maybes, don't know who they are or if they are even from here.

Honestly the talk in giddings about the D1 possibility is more about missing 3 quarter final games in a row like last year. WOS & La Vega are both worthy teams to be considered to represent our TOUGH REGION.

I feel that giddings can beat them both, but I would like to see the teams in this region get spread between the divisions a little better to TRULY REPRESENT how tough this region REALLY IS!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever

Just wanting to point out the possibility that giddings can still go D-1. It would require a upset this week of LG over navasota. It is in La grange, anything can happen under the friday night lights.

Would it be a upset? La Grange has beat Smithville and Donkey Stomped Bellville?

Gobbla2001
11-04-2007, 10:01 PM

how tough this region REALLY IS!

like for REALS :clap:

LH Panther Mom
11-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
well we prolly won't ever find out...because they're probably going DI...

wish we could have that rematch...
here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=72737)

Originally posted by Milk That Cow
I guess I'm frustrated because I wanted Hutto to make the playoffs so I could see the Liberty Hill/Giddings rematch...

Nothing Personal...

Just Business...

and Business ain't good in Hutto....
here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=72626)

Originally posted by 48minutes
Hope LG can pull out a win here, Giddings would like to get another shot at LH. Dont see it happening, but I sure hope it does! Go La Grange
here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=73488)

Sorry... :)

rundoe
11-04-2007, 10:24 PM
here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=72737)

here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=72626)

here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=73488)

Sorry... :)

Please stop!!!!

buff4life
11-04-2007, 10:27 PM
i was replying to the already stated game by another poster...

but whatever...i could care less...its getting old always being the bad guys...

buff4ever
11-04-2007, 10:29 PM
See, once again I give you both more credit than that. First one, buff4life is responding to what someone else (once again) started.

Not sure where, I think around rockdale and cameron though is where milk the cow is from.

48 minutes is one of the maybes, still not sure if this person is from here or on the band wagon. If you read the giddings/caldwell thread you know how I feel about bandwaggoners.

If you two can't admit that it is people other than giddings/lh people FOR THE MOST PART that want this rematch, then I will be left to assume you guys fear the match up.:) :) :) :p

buff4life
11-04-2007, 10:29 PM
i was replying to the already stated game by another poster...

but whatever...i could care less...its getting old always being the bad guys...

not that this matters because Giddings is evil and LH is perfect...

Originally posted by LHPfactory
Navasota will win. I would say lucky for Giddings,

Gobbla2001
11-04-2007, 10:30 PM
then I will be left to assume you guys fear the match up.:) :) :) :p

Liberty Hill players fear NO ONE or NO bowl of corn...

LH Panther Mom
11-04-2007, 10:31 PM
If you two can't admit that it is people other than giddings/lh people FOR THE MOST PART that want this rematch, then I will be left to assume you guys fear the match up.:) :) :) :p
Fear? Hahahaha. Bring it on! Like I said the other day, we'll line up against whoever. I think we were supposed to be afraid of a few teams last year, too. :thinking: :p

buff4ever
11-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Fear? Hahahaha. Bring it on! Like I said the other day, we'll line up against whoever. I think we were supposed to be afraid of a few teams last year, too. :thinking: :p

The smiley faces were to show joking, now address your samples that I have called out.:) ;) :p

NOTE to everyone else on this thread, I like LHPM A LOT, she just seems to be falling into this hole where people believe crazy stuff about giddings.

Gobbla2001
11-04-2007, 10:35 PM
I wish Cuero were going D1... so we could have a rematch with Liberty Hill...

LH Panther Mom
11-04-2007, 10:36 PM
The smiley faces were to show joking, now address your samples that I have called out.:) ;) :p

NOTE to everyone else on this thread, I like LHPM A LOT, she just seems to be falling into this hole where people believe crazy stuff about giddings.
Nah.....I'm not in a hole. And you're right.....others may have mentioned it, BUT the response is still there. :p Heck, even other LH people have mentioned it.

Right now, I couldn't care less. We've got Cameron on the horizon.

LH Panther Mom
11-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I wish Cuero were going D1... so we could have a rematch with Liberty Hill...
Hahaha! So do Celina folks... ;)

Gobbla2001
11-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Hahaha! So do Celina folks... ;)

no... they know they'd just end up playing Cuero... only reason Liberty Hill won this year is because there was that spinach recall... Cuero didn't get to eat any before the game... plus that ref kept calling fumbles on Cuero...

LH Panther Mom
11-04-2007, 10:40 PM
plus that ref kept calling fumbles on Cuero...
Was it payback for the band? :thinking: :thinking: ;)

Gobbla2001
11-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Was it payback for the band? :thinking: :thinking: ;)

coulda been... plus that liberty hill running back kept running the ball into the endzone... if that wouldn't have happened y'all would be sitting at 8-1 right now...

rundoe
11-04-2007, 10:50 PM
no... they know they'd just end up playing Cuero... only reason Liberty Hill won this year is because there was that spinach recall... Cuero didn't get to eat any before the game... plus that ref kept calling fumbles on Cuero...

Yea, That must have been it.

Gobbla2001
11-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
Yea, That must have been it.

no, that IS it...

Darren
11-04-2007, 10:53 PM
It would be nice to see the rematch. But alot of things have to happen between now and then.

rundoe
11-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Spinach?

Gobbla2001
11-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
Spinach?

everything I've mentioned...

rundoe
11-04-2007, 10:59 PM
Go LH!!! Get ready for Cameron.

Darren
11-04-2007, 11:03 PM
If LH and Giddings both go DI would you still consider D2 the tougher bracket?

rundoe
11-04-2007, 11:15 PM
everything I've mentioned...

Your being funny right? Sometimes it's hard to tell on here.

rundoe
11-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Cowboys Win. Going to bed.

LHMom
11-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Careful what you wish for.

Ranger Mom
11-05-2007, 12:54 PM
I'm not sure I understand the meaning of this thread.

Even though there have been countless threads regarding the the wishful thinking of the Giddings/LH matchup....they don't count because someone from Giddings didn't start it???:thinking: :thinking:

LHMom
11-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Careful what you wish for.

RattlerDude
11-05-2007, 01:25 PM
As you all know, La Grange has to beat us on Friday in order for Giddings to go Division 1. All I can say is sorry, it is NOT going to happen. Navasota will go D1 and Giddings will be in D2. Oh well, they are still going to play some excellent teams and put on some really good games

buff4life
11-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm not sure I understand the meaning of this thread.

Even though there have been countless threads regarding the the wishful thinking of the Giddings/LH matchup....they don't count because someone from Giddings didn't start it???:thinking: :thinking:

no they count, but people can't bash us, Giddings people, for assuming this matchup or whatever BECAUSE we haven't started a thread like this...

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2007, 01:47 PM
no they count, but people can't bash us, Giddings people, for assuming this matchup or whatever BECAUSE we haven't started a thread like this...
The way I look at it, it's all speculation anyway until after Friday, and the following weeks, regardless of whether any of us would like to see it or not. I personally don't care who we play....but any that do, have that right.

buff4life
11-05-2007, 01:49 PM
The way I look at it, it's all speculation anyway until after Friday, and the following weeks, regardless of whether any of us would like to see it or not. I personally don't care who we play....but any that do, have that right.

so bring in SLC then?

Texasfootball2
11-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Most people seem to think that Liberty Hill will go Div 1. That being said LH and Giddings will not meet!

buff4life
11-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Most people seem to think that Liberty Hill will go Div 1. That being said LH and Giddings will not meet!

That's not completely correct yet...

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2007, 01:51 PM
so bring in SLC then?
:doh: :doh: If they were 3A.....sure. :p

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2007, 01:54 PM
We have no option to go anything other than D1, since neither Taylor nor Hutto (the largest 2 schools) will be in the playoffs. The D23 D1 slot hinges on Navasota and whether or not they win this week - a W and they're D1; a L and Giddings is D1.

Texasfootball2
11-05-2007, 02:00 PM
We have no option to go anything other than D1, since neither Taylor nor Hutto (the largest 2 schools) will be in the playoffs. The D23 D1 slot hinges on Navasota and whether or not they win this week - a W and they're D1; a L and Giddings is D1.

Wow! I didn't know Giddings had a chance to go Div 1. :doh:

Runnin Panther
11-05-2007, 04:37 PM
In my most humble opinion, I’m in agreement with LHPM… be careful what you wish for.

At this point in the year no one can grantee that they will make it to the big dance. But I have to say I think LH has as good a chance as anybody. They really seem to be hitting their stride at the right time in the year.
The first half of the year they looked like they were just going through the motions, there wasn’t much enthusiasm and a bit of bickering among the players. But all of that has dissipated the last couple of weeks and the Panthers are looking hungry and playoff ready.

The one thing I know for sure is the Panthers will be a formidable opponent for anyone that takes them on.

Texasfootball2
11-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
In my most humble opinion, I’m in agreement with LHPM… be careful what you wish for.

At this point in the year no one can grantee that they will make it to the big dance. But I have to say I think LH has as good a chance as anybody. They really seem to be hitting their stride at the right time in the year.
The first half of the year they looked like they were just going through the motions, there wasn’t much enthusiasm and a bit of bickering among the players. But all of that has dissipated the last couple of weeks and the Panthers are looking hungry and playoff ready.

The one thing I know for sure is the Panthers will be a formidable opponent for anyone that takes them on.

Very well said Runnin Panther:thumbsup:

Now right this and substitute Abilene Wylie in instead of Libery Hill:D

Who knows:thinking: These two teams may just meet in the Div 1 finals. Two class Programs:clap:

Ranger Mom
11-05-2007, 04:54 PM

Who knows:thinking: These two teams may just meet in the Div 1 finals. Two class Programs:clap:

WOW!! I would be in a quandary then!!:thinking: :D

Runnin Panther
11-05-2007, 04:59 PM

I like the sound of that.