PDA

View Full Version : Brock Fitzhenry = Wes Welker

Milk That Cow
11-04-2007, 07:50 PM
I really think Brock has the talent and ability to "possibly" be like Wes Welker...

A Great Slot/Inside Receiver...

Both have a lot of heart and deceptive speed and the ability to make people miss...

I wonder how similar in size they are?

But, I think Brock is making a mistake in going to Texas, as I think he would be spotlighted more in Texas Tech's offense...

Just my humble opinion...

sweetwater07
11-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow

But, I think Brock is making a mistake in going to Texas, as I think he would be spotlighted more in Texas Tech's offense...

your right, i think Tre Newton would do way at Oklahoma than Texas, they get too many good recruits to worry about spotlighting one person

buff4ever
11-04-2007, 08:25 PM
If brock has that potential, then I think 80% or more of giddings fans would love to see him line up at a slot 3 to 5 times a game and see what he can do out there. Atleast then the defense can only line up 1 1/2 to 2 defenders on him in lieu of the 10 we have been watching slow our offense. This would give giddings a 2 minute offense, and something tells me that one of those 3 to 5 plays would expose the other side of the field lacking the safety shifting to help on brock; allowing a deep pass to the other side. I do think we have a particular #7 that can get the ball to brock amongst others like dock and butler and others.

Milk That Cow
11-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Buff4ever,

I don't think it was a coincidence that Liberty Hill didn't know what to do with that wide open Giddings Offense once Brock got hurt because they didn't adjust their game plan as Giddings came Stormin Back after being left for dead in the first half...

Why don't you call Coach Fitz up and tell him about our internet coaching of trying to help him win that State Championship and getting Brock ready for Playing in College...

buff4ever
11-04-2007, 08:49 PM
What is so sad is that I think he has heard this from plenty of people. And if they haven't told him directly, then he has heard it indirectly, b/c the talk isn't just on the computer. Last year we could score from anywhere on the field against MOST defenses, this year doesn't quite seem like it.

Teams putting 10 in the box and allowing janke to get 5 yards everydown to swarm brock is really slowing us down. It is not stopping us, it is just making us a clock control offense unlike anything we have seen in the past few years.

I think many here would like to see brock get some looks out away from the heart of the defense, and many defenses would fear it. Maybe the coaching staff is holding out for the playoffs.

All this said, our kids are playing very hard and winning big games. Props to the defense that has looked very good, we have really needed them to step up against some great offenses and they have.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I do think we have a particular #7 that can get the ball to brock amongst others like dock and butler and others.

Is this the #7 that got Giddings out of a hole last year in the play-offs, if so Giddings would be a killer team if he played QB and Brock would be a reciver or back. This kid looked great vs LH, he could be a starting QB for allmost every 3a team out there, to bad he is a Sr. the same time Brock is a Sr. Good luck Buffs!

Gobbla2001
11-04-2007, 09:22 PM

Teams putting 10 in the box and allowing janke to get 5 yards everydown to swarm brock is really slowing us down. It is not stopping us, it is just making us a clock control offense unlike anything we have seen in the past few years.

Nothing wrong with that...

Your friend,
Liberty Hill

buff4ever
11-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Nothing wrong with that...

Your friend,
Liberty Hill

note that we don't use the misdirection they do. Real good defenses can stop our gradual ball movement before the endzone enough to beat us by either stopping it or forcing a turn over b/c they know where the ball is everyplay.

I don't mean to seem bitter about our offense, I just hate to see these kids lose short of their ultimate goal for the third year straight.

We have lived and died by the same few plays, unfortunately the dies are deep in the playoffs when it matters the most.

Gobbla2001
11-04-2007, 09:41 PM
note that we don't use the misdirection they do. Real good defenses can stop our gradual ball movement before the endzone enough to beat us by either stopping it or forcing a turn over b/c they know where the ball is everyplay.

I don't mean to seem bitter about our offense, I just hate to see these kids lose short of their ultimate goal for the third year straight.

We have lived and died by the same few plays, unfortunately the dies are deep in the playoffs when it matters the most.

oh, I know y'all don't do the same stuff... but y'all seem to be executing a "milk the clock" type offense very well... like you said, your offense isn't being stopped, just slowed down... Liberty Hill's offense doesn't get stopped either, they just snail their butts down the field and wear both the defense and the clock down...

LH Panther Mom
11-04-2007, 10:21 PM
they just snail their butts down the field
ROFL! :D :clap: :clap:

Gobbla2001
11-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
ROFL! :D :clap: :clap:

IT ISN'T FUNNY :mad:

LH Panther Mom
11-04-2007, 10:23 PM
IT ISN'T FUNNY :mad:
Heyyyy! You're right! That's MY boys you're talking about. :foul: :foul: :flaming:

Gobbla2001
11-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That's MY boys you're talking about.

yah, right... you couldn't afford to feed and clothe those big turtles...

Darren
11-04-2007, 10:47 PM
What is so sad is that I think he has heard this from plenty of people. And if they haven't told him directly, then he has heard it indirectly, b/c the talk isn't just on the computer. Last year we could score from anywhere on the field against MOST defenses, this year doesn't quite seem like it.

I think many here would like to see brock get some looks out away from the heart of the defense, and many defenses would fear it. Maybe the coaching staff is holding out for the playoffs.

All this said, our kids are playing very hard and winning big games. Props to the defense that has looked very good, we have really needed them to step up against some great offenses and they have.

And Everytime I speak with someone close to the program they say.... "Brock can pass" they claim that we pass all the time in practice and are saving it for a big game.

If that is true I just don't see why throw every now and then to gain some game time experience.

Panther One
11-05-2007, 02:45 AM
When Brock got hurt last year, Giddings' offense changed and they were able to have better success against us, but that doesn't necessarily mean that that would be a better offense for them. For one, we gameplanned to stop Brock and the option with the notion that he struggles throwing the ball. With Locke at QB and Brock at one of the slotback positions, teams would definitely gameplan differently.

In my opinion, Brock is Giddings' best runningback and is most effective in that offense at QB and should stay there. With that said, however, I think Giddings would be a much better offense if they got the other backs involved more. Instead of Brock getting 70% of the carries, he should probably be getting more like 40-50% of the carries. You can do a lot in their offense and attack teams in several different ways, and with the talent they have, one guy shouldn't be featured as much as Brock. Just watch teams like Navy run that offense and think of all the possibilities for Giddings. The Buffaloes aren't even close to being as good on offense as they could be.

As far as passing, if I were calling their offense, I'd mix in around 5-10 pass plays per game with most being sprint outs and bootlegs with a run/pass option. The TE dump is always a good one off the option play fake, but with Brock being short, that might not be a good play for the Buffs.

And in regards to the original post, if Brock were going to Tech, we'd probably see him in a Welker role. Watching Texas, I don't know how he'll fit into their offensive plans.

Darren
11-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
As far as passing, if I were calling their offense, I'd mix in around 5-10 pass plays per game with most being sprint outs and bootlegs with a run/pass option. The TE dump is always a good one off the option play fake, but with Brock being short, that might not be a good play for the Buffs.

I think that this has been said at least 50 times. Your right. But I just get tired of hearing it after awhile.