PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson 30-296 and three TD's

JR2004
11-04-2007, 04:31 PM
The 296 is a new all-time record for rushing yards in a game. He was just ridiculous today. It looked like a man playing against a bunch of junior high kids.

Kinda unique to see not only the rushing record broken, but also seeing Antonio Cromartie have that 109 yard return on the missed field goal to set the record for the longest play in league history.

mistanice
11-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
The 296 is a new all-time record for rushing yards in a game. He was just ridiculous today. It looked like a man playing against a bunch of junior high kids.

Kinda unique to see not only the rushing record broken, but also seeing Antonio Cromartie have that 109 yard return on the missed field goal to set the record for the longest play in league history.

If that doesn't set him up for rookie of the year....

big daddy russ
11-04-2007, 05:00 PM
He's already broke 1,000 yards through eight games and he's only averaging 19.75 carries per game, good for an insane 6.6 yards per carry.

Will he break 2k yards this year? Dickerson owns the single season record with 2,105 yards and Jamal Lewis is second all time. Peterson's on pace for 2,072 with 16 TDs.

One more question. Right now, Peterson's averaging 6.6 yards per carry. When was the last time anyone with a significant number of carries averaged anywhere close to that? Barry Sanders may have broken 6.0 once or twice, but him and OJ are the only two that I can remember even worth looking up that may have averaged 6.0 or better dating back to Jim Brown. Anyone know? Did OJ or Barry ever average 6+?

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
He's already broke 1,000 yards through eight games and he's only averaging 19.75 carries per game, good for an insane 6.6 yards per carry.

Will he break 2k yards this year? Dickerson owns the single season record with 2,105 yards and Jamal Lewis is second all time. Peterson's on pace for 2,072 with 16 TDs.

One more question. Right now, Peterson's averaging 6.6 yards per carry. When was the last time anyone with a significant number of carries averaged anywhere close to that? Barry Sanders may have broken 6.0 once or twice, but him and OJ are the only two that I can remember even worth looking up that may have averaged 6.0 or better dating back to Jim Brown. Anyone know? Did OJ or Barry ever average 6+?

I hope he stays healthy and does it.

JasperDog94
11-04-2007, 05:12 PM
Of course Peterson had a great game. This guy I'm playing against this week in fantasy football has him going against me.:doh: :crying: :weeping: :speech: :speech:

JR2004
11-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Barry Sanders averaged 6.1 per carry during his 2053 yard season back in 1997.

Jim Brown averaged 6.4 per carry during the 1963 season when he rushed for a career high 1863 yards.

OJ Simpson averaged 6 yards per carry during the 1973 season when he ran for a career high 2003 yards.

Remarkably none of the three had more than 12 rushing touchdowns in these seasons. Sanders had 11 and Brown and Simpson each had 12 rushing touchdowns.

VWG
11-04-2007, 07:02 PM
My question is...... how in the heck didn't Palestine have better football teams when he was there?
This guy is an absolute phenom.

mistanice
11-04-2007, 07:18 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid=3E02ECAA344CE85E76148083CBC27D41 ?videoId=09000d5d803e06db

Phil C
11-04-2007, 07:20 PM
What a steal he was in the draft. If he had stayed his final year at Oklahoma I think they would be No. 1 now and would win the NC.

Diocletian
11-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Barry Sanders averaged 6.1 per carry during his 2053 yard season back in 1997.

Jim Brown averaged 6.4 per carry during the 1963 season when he rushed for a career high 1863 yards.

OJ Simpson averaged 6 yards per carry during the 1973 season when he ran for a career high 2003 yards.

Remarkably none of the three had more than 12 rushing touchdowns in these seasons. Sanders had 11 and Brown and Simpson each had 12 rushing touchdowns.

all HOF'ers

i still can't believe he's doing so well as a rookie, did anyone get to watch him play at Palestine?

Diocletian
11-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Of course Peterson had a great game. This guy I'm playing against this week in fantasy football has him going against me.:doh: :crying: :weeping: :speech: :speech:

lol that's a great point... i stole him in the 5th round and he's giving me 46 points this week

Phil C
11-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
lol that's a great point... i stole him in the 5th round and he's giving me 46 points this week

:)

mustang04
11-04-2007, 08:08 PM
he is freakin amazing....MAN-CHILD!!!

Diocletian
11-04-2007, 09:07 PM
maybe they should just give him the heisman.... ain't like anyone in ncaa is going to earn it this year, and he would have 100% had it

PurplePride2006
11-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Got Me 47.5 Points For My Fantasy Football Team !!!!!!

big daddy russ
11-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by VWG
My question is...... how in the heck didn't Palestine have better football teams when he was there?
This guy is an absolute phenom.
They were an amazing team, but were a fringe 4A team at the time. Still, they made it (if I remember correctly) to the Quarterfinals his senior year. Someone want to help me out with their playoff run?

charlesrixey
11-04-2007, 11:30 PM
he's a candidate for MVP, not just rookie of the year

DU_stud04
11-05-2007, 12:39 AM
another thing to consider is the first 3-4 games and the lack of carries he had. he would get 8-9 carries a game and still get his yardage.

rumor has it that he didnt play nearly as much as he is going to because he didnt know the playbook well enough to play more in the beginning of the season.

right now i think chester taylor(who is a workhorse himself) is still said starter for minnesota. thats a VERY nice backfield, (imo the best 1,2 combo in the league), too bad their qb tends to hurry the ball, but i guess thats what you get when you get a d2 qb and throw him at the reigns immediately. he'll get better hopefully.

Minnesota's run defense is steller, look at lt's numbers today. secondary (biggest weak point) is a bunch of rookies, theyll only get better though, this team will be a contender in a year or so if everyone continues to grow and stays healthy.

Stownhorse
11-05-2007, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
he is freakin amazing....MAN-CHILD!!!

Haha we called a guy at boys state "man-child"

lmao, good times

Txbroadcaster
11-05-2007, 12:59 AM
They were an amazing team, but were a fringe 4A team at the time. Still, they made it (if I remember correctly) to the Quarterfinals his senior year. Someone want to help me out with their playoff run?

No they got beat round one

As great as he was..Palestine was still a 3A team in numbers playing in 4A..The next year they dropped to 3A and almost made the finals

lakers
11-05-2007, 01:21 AM

Damn and I missed it....

Congrats to both of them...:clap: :clap:

eagles_victory
11-05-2007, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

As great as he was..Palestine was still a 3A team in numbers playing in 4A..The next year they dropped to 3A and almost made the finals i think hallsville beat them i remember they almost made it to play ennis in round 2 when ennis was number 1

bigron15
11-05-2007, 02:35 AM
peterson will only break the record if that bone-headed coach will stop spliting the carries between him and chester taylor, although taylor did have some nice runs today. peterson is clearly the better back.

DU_stud04
11-05-2007, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by bigron15
peterson will only break the record if that bone-headed coach will stop spliting the carries between him and chester taylor, although taylor did have some nice runs today. peterson is clearly the better back. there is room for both of them just like there is room for both barber and jones for the cowboys. both pull their weight, both work well with each other.

as a rookie, first few games you'd expect him not to get as many carries while he's still getting adjusted to the system/ learning the play book and obtaining the chemistry with the team.

taylor always has nice carries, like ive said before, he makes the nicest 3-4 yard carries, break 4-5 tackles and shakes people for the hard mans yards. last year he rushed 303 times for 1216 with another 288 yards coming from receptions. he's still a really good back.

this isnt highschool football where alll you need is one outstanding player to win every game for you, no reason to give peterson more than 25-30 carries a game, no need for him to get him hurt. giving up the 10 carries extra that taylor is gettin a game(besides chicago touching the ball 22 times) isnt going to keep ad from rewriting the record books.

now if you were to call the coach a bonehead for letting him take kick offs and punt returns id totally agree with you, cause that is just stupid. but now saying they dont need to be running a 2 back system, i will disagree with you everytime.

big daddy russ
11-05-2007, 04:42 AM
nm... double post

big daddy russ
11-05-2007, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

As great as he was..Palestine was still a 3A team in numbers playing in 4A..The next year they dropped to 3A and almost made the finals
I think I'm going senile. I've been really off the past couple months. I honestly thought they were knocking on the door of the semis.

This hasn't been the first time I've written something on the DL and am completely wrong. There's been a few other times, too, where I think I know the answer but don't say anything, then look back a few days later and find out I'm wrong.

I hear that ginko biloba works wonders.

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2007, 07:48 AM
I think I'm going senile. I've been really off the past couple months. I honestly thought they were knocking on the door of the semis.

This hasn't been the first time I've written something on the DL and am completely wrong. There's been a few other times, too, where I think I know the answer but don't say anything, then look back a few days later and find out I'm wrong.

I hear that ginko biloba works wonders.
You're not wrong very often, that's for sure. I actually used AP as an example to R2D2 on the 4a board a while back about D1 talent.