PDA

View Full Version : LaMarcus Aldridge...

big daddy russ
11-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Is gonna be gooood. If he keeps working on that jump hook, he'll be as unstoppable as Kareem.

JR2004
11-04-2007, 12:51 AM
A bit of hyperbole me thinks. There's NEVER been a shot that's as unstoppable as the sky hook and never will be. It's almost impossible to block when done right. Kareem is still in the process of teaching it to Bynum and it's been fun to see him use it in an actual game. It still looks a bit awkward when he releases, but he's just 20 and is still figuring how to coordinate his upper body with his lower body. You just about have to have the balance of a ballet dancer to pull it off.

Aldridge will take it to the next level if he can master the jump hook. While not a completely unstoppable shot, it's pretty darn hard to block it unless you have Vince Carter's vertical or are as tall as Aldridge and have great anticipation skills.

big daddy russ
11-04-2007, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
A bit of hyperbole me thinks.
Maybe a little, but when you're spotting that jump hook over a guy who's seven and a half feet tall, you're doing something right.

EDIT: And I know Yao's been compared more to a t-rex than Manute Bol, but he can still touch higher than anyone else in the NBA right now.

Bull's-eye
11-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Aldridge has a very good mid-range jumpshot. He used it a few times last night against the Rockets. Just think, Aldridge and Durant could both be playing together at Texas. I agree, he has stepped his game up and Portland will soon be a very good team. The loss of Odem has held them back.