PDA

View Full Version : Kicked in the gut by a volleyball game I didn't even see

kepdawg
11-04-2007, 12:08 AM
So, I just got back from the Mavs game. Before the game we watched the end of the Texas and Oklahoma State game on the big screens in Victory Park. That was cool getting to watch Texas pull off the comeback with a wild crowd of Texas fans. The Mavs game was no contest. The Mavs jumped out early on the Kings and controlled the game the whole way. But of course it was fun watching the Mavs dominate from center court seats, 15 rows up.

My original plan for tonight was to be at Austin College to watch the SCAC volleyball tournament championship game, most likely to be played between #3 Trinity and #12 AC. I know I lost most of you right there and I understand that. I drove up this afternoon and watched AC advance to the championship game with a 3-0 win over Southwestern. I really wanted to be there for the championship game, but I just couldn't pass up the Mavs tickets. Trinity won 3-2, Trinity's 10th straight championship.

Game 1: Austin College 30, Trinity 25
Game 2: Austin College 33, Trinity 31
Game 3: Trinity 30, Austin College 19
Game 4: Trinity 30, Austin College 26
Game 5: Trinity 17, Austin College 15

I feel like I've been kicked in the gut. I am completely surprised. I had no idea I would feel this way. My only connection to AC volleyball is a friend who is on the team. I've seen my share of disappointing games with teams I am much more emotionally involved in. I feel like I let my friend down by not being there. A part of me thinks if I would have been there the outcome would have been different. I know that's not the case.

Anyway, I know most of you on here don't give a flip about any of this and you think I'm crazy for even acknowledging the mere existence of a sport other than football, especially a woman's sport. But sometimes it really sucks when somebody has to lose!

pirate4state
11-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Looks like some close games. :( Sorry the team you were pulling for didn't win. Who cares what everyone else thinks?

AP Panther Fan
11-04-2007, 12:13 AM
Volleyball is a GREAT sport...some of these folks should learn to appreciate it.

Don't feel bad!:)

JR2004
11-04-2007, 01:01 AM
It's funny you should mention this match Kep. This reminds me of an underdog from a West Texas playoff game from several years back who came up short against a superior team from Sonora. :)

Seriously I wouldn't feel too bad about missing the championship. From the looks of things it seems that AC gave them all they could handle and almost pulled off the upset. I'm sure your friend won't hold it against you for not being there for it.

luvhoops34
11-04-2007, 10:06 AM
If it makes you feel any better, my daughters team is ranked #20th in NAIA and we beat Trinity in 5 games last weekend and won the tournament that Trinity had at their own gym and got a big trophy!:D

3afan
11-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
... the Mavs game. ...

we were at the Mavs game - was kinda boring really

Emerson1
11-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
we were at the Mavs game - was kinda boring really
Yep, if you really like volleyball you definetely went to the wrong event.