PDA

View Full Version : Bbde

Old Tiger
11-03-2007, 10:27 PM
How much does Lane way? Was the story they were telling earlier about him true?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-03-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

It's weigh, and why does it matter? He's more athletic than you are, have ever been, or will be, so why are you trying to down him?

Emerson1
11-03-2007, 10:48 PM
BURN

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-03-2007, 10:57 PM
I think he's kinda fat myself.

Milk That Cow
11-03-2007, 10:57 PM

What was the story?

BreckTxLonghorn
11-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
It's weigh, and why does it matter? He's more athletic than you are, have ever been, or will be, so why are you trying to down him?

Heaven forbid somebody ask a question to see if statements are true.

zebrablue2
11-03-2007, 11:36 PM

WAY??????WHO????????????WHAT STORY IS THAT???????????

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-04-2007, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Heaven forbid somebody ask a question to see if statements are true.

I'm referring to the weight statement, I don't know what story that is even being spoken of, unless it's the one about him getting up to around 300 pounds at the end of last season, which was true.

JR2004
11-04-2007, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I think he's kinda fat myself.

Looks like he's pushing around 3 bills to me if not more. Oh well it's really up to him to not eat himself into the body of a guard. It's like the old saying goes...A coach can lead you to the salad bar, but he can't make you eat it.

txhsfball
11-04-2007, 02:10 AM
lane weighs about 140.. casey lane that is

Old Tiger
11-04-2007, 08:16 AM
It's weigh, and why does it matter? He's more athletic than you are, have ever been, or will be, so why are you trying to down him? Thanks for catching my gramatical error. That's cool that he is, but that is not the question. I'm not trying to down him I was just wanting to know how much he really weights cause the announcers were saying that there were two questions that Fran never ask and they are his wifes weight and Jorvorskie's.

Now if I wanted to down an Aggie or team I would make fun of how the announcers were talking about how Fran doesn't talk about injuries or suspensions publically. I found that very comical and thought to myself yes he does for the right price. HA!

CHS_CG
11-04-2007, 03:14 PM

Now if I wanted to down an Aggie or team I would make fun of how the announcers were talking about how Fran doesn't talk about injuries or suspensions publically. I found that very comical and thought to myself yes he does for the right price. HA!

actually thats not publicly that WAS a VIP thing only... if it was pubicly you would know everything... but considering ya dont...

charlesrixey
11-04-2007, 03:35 PM
does it really matter?

he'd probably make a great lineman on an NFL team

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
does it really matter?

he'd probably make a great lineman on an NFL team

You try to tackle him in the open field then, I bet he'd shake you out of your jock and outrun you.

Old Tiger
11-04-2007, 03:43 PM
You try to tackle him in the open field then, I bet he'd shake you out of your jock and outrun you. Still not a good NFL prospect for RB. Better learn to start blocking and make the move to fullback or something. How hard is it to answer a simple question? It's not like I was questioning your fanhood or anything :p

Emerson1
11-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Still not a good NFL prospect for RB. Better learn to start blocking and make the move to fullback or something. How hard is it to answer a simple question? It's not like I was questioning your fanhood or anything :p
If he is in the game I doubt any team will be passing much, and if they do it will be pa

mistanice
11-04-2007, 04:15 PM
He'll still make some good money.

big daddy russ
11-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Still not a good NFL prospect for RB. Better learn to start blocking and make the move to fullback or something. How hard is it to answer a simple question? It's not like I was questioning your fanhood or anything :p
Casey, I guarantee he goes on the first day. He's quicker and bigger than Jerome Bettis ever was, but I think Bettis had the better top end. Either way, Bettis was a first-round pick out of ND. I see no reason Lane won't be a first-day pick, other than concerns about him going well over 300 lbs in the near future.

JR2004
11-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Casey, I guarantee he goes on the first day. He's quicker and bigger than Jerome Bettis ever was, but I think Bettis had the better top end. Either way, Bettis was a first-round pick out of ND. I see no reason Lane won't be a first-day pick, other than concerns about him going well over 300 lbs in the near future.

I watched Bettis many, many times at Notre Dame...Lane is no Jerome Bettis. Jerome never let himself balloon up to being 300 plus.

Unless Lane is going in the first two rounds of the draft this year he won't be a first day pick.

big daddy russ
11-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I watched Bettis many, many times at Notre Dame...Lane is no Jerome Bettis. Jerome never let himself balloon up to being 300 plus.

Unless Lane is going in the first two rounds of the draft this year he won't be a first day pick.
I didn't know about the first day only being two rounds, but I'd put Lane on Bettis' level ten days a week. The thing that really separates the two is Bettis' physical conditioning, but Lane has better hands and feet than Bettis ever did. His conditioning is why Lane won't go in the first round, but it doesn't mean that he won't tear it up when he gets into the league.

By the way, by first day, I meant top three rounds. My bad. Unless something crazy happens or his stock plummets between now and the day he gets drafted, Lane WILL go by the third round of the draft. As far as pure physical skills (nothing external like what may be a short-lived NFL career), Lane's one of the best big backs I can ever remember seeing. He's every bit as good as Michael Bush, Jamal Lewis (even though he was constantly injured at UT), and Bettis. May not have the top end of any of these guys, but has the quicks, lots more size, and better hands than any of the above. He has the best hands of any RB in the nation.

JR2004
11-04-2007, 05:37 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1-MEt60Y0f8

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LaDTBQfngL0

Not even close...Funny how time can fray the memory sometimes. Thank goodness for Youtube.

big daddy russ
11-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1-MEt60Y0f8

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LaDTBQfngL0

Not even close...Funny how time can fray the memory sometimes. Thank goodness for Youtube.
I'll give you that, especially on the quickness and speed, but Lane will be taken in the first three rounds.

Like I said, he has better hands than most WRs and is a hell of a patient runner. Unless he suffers a Michael Bush-type of drop, he'll go early.

Personally, I think he'd be great in a Mike Alstott-type of role. Get someone quick in there to complement Lane, let them take on a Mr. Inside/Mr. Outside setup, and let him make Doc Blanchard proud.

Old Tiger
11-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Lane will run a 4.6 at the combine...maybe slower.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Lane weighs 274, I saw him step on the scale today.

Old Tiger
11-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Lane weighs 274, I saw him step on the scale today. Thanks...was it that hard?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-04-2007, 06:59 PM
Thanks...was it that hard?

Is it that hard to not trash talk him and call him Japorky all the time?

Phil C
11-04-2007, 07:18 PM
You have to remember that he may weight more than most RBS but he is fast for his size and is very powerful. I would hate to be one who has to tackle him. I think he will make it in the NFL as a short yardage running back.

CHS_CG
11-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Thanks...was it that hard?

is it any of your business really? what does it matter to you what he weighs... all anybody needs to know is he is a good football player and i doubt any of us could take him down.

big daddy russ
11-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Lane will run a 4.6 at the combine...maybe slower.
Michael Irvin and Jerry Rice ran 4.6's. So did Emmitt Smith. Terrell Davis ran a 4.7.

On the flip side, Warren Sapp ran in the 4.7's. Heck, when he moved to DT at Miami, back when he weighed in the 285-range, he clocked in at 4.69 (he was recruited as a TE).

Old Tiger
11-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Michael Irvin and Jerry Rice ran 4.6's. So did Emmitt Smith. Terrell Davis ran a 4.7.

(he was recruited as a TE). Michael Irvin and Jerry Rice had an extra gear on the football field. I do not see that field speed with Lane. Emmitt had great vision which allowed him to be the runner that he was. If you see some of Emmitts runs he got ran down a lot but he always made the right cut when he had to. Terrell Davis is a system runningback.

As for Lane's draft status he is ranked 1 in the fullbacks category and is projected a 4th round pick at that position. 4.9 is listed as his 40 time.