PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Rooting For LaGrange?

Milk That Cow
11-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Giddings Coaches, Players, Fans, Mommas, Daddies, Nana, Papa, Boys, Girls, Children, and Babies...

Should Be Rooting For LaGrange

Why You Ask?

Because That Division 2 (especially Region 3) Bracket Is Absolutely Loaded !!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Region III D1 isn't exactly a cakewalk.

JR2004
11-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

You're right...It's more of a Bataan Death March since your boys get to be in that bracket.

sabre1
11-03-2007, 09:22 PM
D2 Region 3 is a easier road.

Milk That Cow
11-03-2007, 09:29 PM

Originally posted by sabre1
D2 Region 3 is a easier road.

With All Due Respect:

There is only ONE Liberty Hill in Division 1 awaiting Giddings...

There are FOUR Liberty Hill Caliber Teams in Division 2

With LaVega, West Orange Stark, Madisonville, and Diboll...

And they would have to play three of those to get past the Quarter Finals...

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
With All Due Respect:

And they would have to play three of those to get to the Quarter Finals...
With all due respect to you, Jasper is waiting in D1 as well. And Carthage doesn't look to be chopped liver. Heck, I watched Wilkerson from Needville as a sophomore.....and he was good then.

orangeblood
11-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
With All Due Respect:

And they would have to play three of those to get past the Quarter Finals...

The bracket that I see (D2 Region3 top half has Waco LaVega, Madisonville, West Orange Stark and Giddings. Bottom half has China Spring, Diboll, Kirbyville, Caldwell and Columbus, Tell me which half is the toughest......

Darren
11-03-2007, 09:46 PM
I'll admit that I am rooting for La Grange.

I would like to see Giddings go DI. Mainly because we would get to play some teams that we didn't last year. And we might get to meet LH again.

Txbroadcaster
11-03-2007, 09:50 PM
With all due respect to you, Jasper is waiting in D1 as well. And Carthage doesn't look to be chopped liver. Heck, I watched Wilkerson from Needville as a sophomore.....and he was good then.

LH will kill carthage

Milk That Cow
11-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by orangeblood
The bracket that I see (D2 Region3 top half has Waco LaVega, Madisonville, West Orange Stark and Giddings. Bottom half has China Spring, Diboll, Kirbyville, Caldwell and Columbus, Tell me which half is the toughest......

Well, the Top Half has Four Legit Top Ten Teams...

The Bottom Half has maybe One...

So, I'll go with the Top Half...

88bobcats
11-03-2007, 11:12 PM
If Giddings is similar to what I saw of them last year, then I don't think they have enough offensive threats to make it to a title game.

I don't think it matters if Giddings goes DI or DII.....the Buffaloes don't win a state championship this year either.

duke55
11-04-2007, 10:27 AM
D2 region 3 is the hardest no doubt

buff4life
11-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
If Giddings is similar to what I saw of them last year, then I don't think they have enough offensive threats to make it to a title game.

I don't think it matters if Giddings goes DI or DII.....the Buffaloes don't win a state championship this year either.

i'm not guaranteeing we will, but our offense if becoming more diversified, and our defense is coming around...they have only allowed 14 points in the last three games, and 7 of those were on Giddings muffed punt on our own six and LG ran a pitch reverse to the QB pass...

88bobcats
11-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
i'm not guaranteeing we will, but our offense if becoming more diversified, and our defense is coming around...they have only allowed 14 points in the last three games, and 7 of those were on Giddings muffed punt on our own six and LG ran a pitch reverse to the QB pass...

I saw the Giddings/WO-S game last year, and those Buffalo defenders were all over the field. If Dock and his boys are hitting their peak, then the rest of Region III better pack a lunch.

I must admit, if Giddings had a balanced passing game to go with that potent running attack, they'd be down-right terrifying. Without a pass threat, however, I'm afraid a defense with some speed could load the box with 7 or 8 and play man coverage when needed to shut down the Buffaloes.

Good luck to Giddings in the play-offs. The Buffaloes definitely have a bulls-eye on the backs of their jerseys.

buff4life
11-05-2007, 10:47 PM
I saw the Giddings/WO-S game last year, and those Buffalo defenders were all over the field. If Dock and his boys are hitting their peak, then the rest of Region III better pack a lunch.

I must admit, if Giddings had a balanced passing game to go with that potent running attack, they'd be down-right terrifying. Without a pass threat, however, I'm afraid a defense with some speed could load the box with 7 or 8 and play man coverage when needed to shut down the Buffaloes.

Good luck to Giddings in the play-offs. The Buffaloes definitely have a bulls-eye on the backs of their jerseys.

thanks for the encouragement bobcat!!

Centextrash
11-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by orangeblood

Bottom half has some good teams as well.

Kirbyville is good, Diboll is good, Caldwell is good, heck China will surprise some people with their explosive offense...and I'm sure if Columbus wins that district they are in, they will NOT be a cakewalk either. FYI - I would NOT count Rockdale out just yet, they are Healthy now and are playing some VERY good Football.

Still Top half looks TOUGHER.

This is going to be a fun year to watch how it unfolds....

IHStangFan
11-05-2007, 11:08 PM
I can only speak for D24 reps....Sealy is slowly coming around at the right time..I do not see them being a cakewalk. Columbus has a big like and a couple of good backs behind it. They have a good kicking game as well, I should know. Needville runs the ball well, has changed the O up a little and added a few passing plays that make them a bit more dangerous. They defend the pass VERY well. Anyone trying to throw on Needville is gonna have their hands full.

88bobcats
11-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I can only speak for D24 reps....Sealy is slowly coming around at the right time..I do not see them being a cakewalk. Columbus has a big like and a couple of good backs behind it. They have a good kicking game as well, I should know. Needville runs the ball well, has changed the O up a little and added a few passing plays that make them a bit more dangerous. They defend the pass VERY well. Anyone trying to throw on Needville is gonna have their hands full.

24-3A is as vicious as 21-3A. Like the S.E.C., the teams that come out of these districts have been tested in fire; and you've got to give 'em their prop's.

48minutes
11-05-2007, 11:29 PM

Very well put, I agree with everything in your post.

And as buff4life said, thanks for the encouragement.

I would like LG to win, and the Buffs go division 1. nm

IHStangFan
11-05-2007, 11:29 PM
24-3A is as vicious as 21-3A. Like the S.E.C., the teams that come out of these districts have been tested in fire; and you've got to give 'em their prop's. agreed...but dont let anyone from D23 hear you say that...theyve already all advanced to the 2nd round....ask em. :D

88bobcats
11-05-2007, 11:41 PM
agreed...but dont let anyone from D23 hear you say that...theyve already all advanced to the 2nd round....ask em. :D

I think Columbus takes down Caldwell, then Kirbyville. I don't know much about Diboll, but I think they're the first test for Columbus. Based upon the predicted brackets that WOS87 posted, I think Columbus plays Waco La Vega for the Region III title.

buff4life
11-05-2007, 11:43 PM
I think Columbus takes down Caldwell, then Kirbyville. I don't know much about Diboll, but I think they're the first test for Columbus. Based upon the predicted brackets that WOS87 posted, I think Columbus plays Waco La Vega for the Region III title.
that would require some upsets lol...

buff4life
11-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
that would require some upsets lol...

if Columbus can get plastered by Royal, don't have much faith in them for anything...

IHStangFan
11-05-2007, 11:46 PM
I think Columbus takes down Caldwell, then Kirbyville. I don't know much about Diboll, but I think they're the first test for Columbus. Based upon the predicted brackets that WOS87 posted, I think Columbus plays Waco La Vega for the Region III title. as stated...Columbus is BIG up front...and they have a solid running game. If you are suspect against the run..they'll kill you. There are fast as well as big. The Columbus/Needville game was a nail biter! Needville scores w/ under a min left to force OT...it goes to 2nd OT...Columbus kicks a 45yrd FG that his the crossbar and rolls over for the win...absolutely amazing! I was so pumped up after that game. I seem to be the minority...but I think Needville will give Navasota a game if they meet.

88bobcats
11-05-2007, 11:54 PM
as stated...Columbus is BIG up front...and they have a solid running game. If you are suspect against the run..they'll kill you. There are fast as well as big. The Columbus/Needville game was a nail biter! Needville scores w/ under a min left to force OT...it goes to 2nd OT...Columbus kicks a 45yrd FG that his the crossbar and rolls over for the win...absolutely amazing! I was so pumped up after that game. I seem to be the minority...but I think Needville will give Navasota a game if they meet.

Ball control, possession, and clock control with a strong running game has killed many talented teams in the play-offs. Quick-hitters can be taken out of their game plan by a powerful running game.....I saw Giddings do that to WO-S last year. That's why I think Columbus upsets Caldwell. Kirbyville has offensive talent; but they gave up 42 points to my Bobcats and almost lost to Silsbee. That game would've really thrown the 21-3A play-off picture for a loop.

I'll eat crow and pay homage to 23-3A if I'm wrong; but right now, I'm basing my predictions off of what I've seen and heard about the various teams.

IHStangFan
11-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Ball control, possession, and clock control with a strong running game has killed many talented teams in the play-offs. Quick-hitters can be taken out of their game plan by a powerful running game.....I saw Giddings do that to WO-S last year. That's why I think Columbus upsets Caldwell. Kirbyville has offensive talent; but they gave up 42 points to my Bobcats and almost lost to Silsbee. That game would've really thrown the 21-3A play-off picture for a loop.

I'll eat crow and pay homage to 23-3A if I'm wrong; but right now, I'm basing my predictions off of what I've seen and heard about the various teams. absolutely correct. That D21 is always nuts. I hope WOS can take care of business...they were my preseason pick for a title. Good luck to you all.

Old Tiger
11-06-2007, 12:04 AM
Region III as a whole is awesome.

setxsports
11-06-2007, 02:17 AM
absolutely correct. That D21 is always nuts. I hope WOS can take care of business...they were my preseason pick for a title. Good luck to you all. I thought WOS did a great job stopping the Giddings running game last year. The WOS defense is even better this year.

Old Tiger
11-06-2007, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by **********
I thought WOS did a great job stopping the Giddings running game last year. The WOS defense is even better this year. Caldwell did also in the first half of the game but it looked like some of their players got tired and started missing assignments.

hookandladder
11-06-2007, 07:09 AM

Caldwell will beat Columbus by aleast 2 TD's.

Darren
11-06-2007, 08:15 AM
I think that Caldwell is better than most people give them credit for.

navscanmaster
11-06-2007, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Darren
I think that Caldwell is better than most people give them credit for.

Yep. We found that out, happens it also came at the time we were all discovering how bad crow tastes in Navasota. IMO, ain't all that bad with a shot of Smirnoff and a little salt and ranch.

Darren
11-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Yep. We found that out, happens it also came at the time we were all discovering how bad crow tastes in Navasota. IMO, ain't all that bad with a shot of Smirnoff and a little salt and ranch.

Ranch make everything better.:)

Old Tiger
11-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Yep. We found that out, happens it also came at the time we were all discovering how bad crow tastes in Navasota. IMO, ain't all that bad with a shot of Smirnoff and a little salt and ranch. crow can be good if prepared properly :)

Smirnoff shots with salt? boy do you think that's tequilla or what?