PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 First Round Games..my thoughts

Matthew328
11-12-2001, 12:52 AM
Well some of these games I don't really know much about...but there are a few I can talk about..
Lamesa-Ft Stockton: The Tors should win this one..but it'll be a bit closer than many think...Lamesa by 7

Wylie-Vernon: This should be a pretty good game..Vernon is a LOT better than the team Wylie beat last year in Rd 1...earlier I may have picked Vernon but Wylie seems to have turned it up a notch..Wylie by 10

Aledo-Alvarado: These 2 down right just don't like each other..it'll be a hard hitting contest at Pennington Field...Aledo is a bit down this year but still tough..Alvarado may have a bit too much for the Bearcats in the end..Alvarado by 9

Greenwood-Crane: Greenwood is looking like a contender in Region 1...Crane is tough and they are no pushover...but Greenwood has too much at the skill positions..Rangers by 13

Ballinger-Bridgeport: Antonio Posey is a differnce maker..he had over 100 yards against the stingy Wylie D..that shows me a lot...Ballinger by 20

Lake Worth-Hillsboro: My upset pick right here..Lake Worth has been impressive but they have slacked off a bit lately..Hillsboro has an excellent back and they are tough and very underrated...Hillsboro by 3...

Kennedale-Glen Rose: another game that has upset potential GR had a good back in Mathias..but Kennedale has lots of speed at the skill positions...Kennedale by 14

Graham-Sweetwater: this should be a solid game..the Mustangs have an edge since the game is at home however they have struggled late in the year..but the Steers are tough and hungry after getting bumped out of the playoffs last year early..Graham by 4