PDA

View Full Version : Taylor guitar for sale

big daddy russ
11-03-2007, 07:00 PM
I know there are a bunch of guitar players on the board, so I wanted to pass along a great deal from one of my best friends. Mods, I don't mean to turn the DL into a swap meet, so if this is out of line feel free to delete.

Here's his ad, copied line-for-line, from Craigslist.

Taylor Acoustic-Electric 514-CE Four months old MUST GO!
$885
Jersey Village

Must sell by tomorrow (Sunday, 11-3-07) at 3 PM. I hate to see it go, but I need money ASAP.

If you're looking at this ad, you know what you're getting. I paid $1800 for this Taylor Model 514-CE right-handed acoustic-electric at Guitar Center in Dallas back in September. There were a few minor nicks on the underside of the guitar and one on the head (see pics) that were there when I purchased the guitar, but plays perfectly and is otherwise perfect.

Only two months old at the time I bought it, in the exact same condition as the day I walked out of the store with it. Comes with hard shell case, kapo, and string winder. Serious offers only.

For more info, please call. Cell # (903) 654-8485, ask for Wade.

NM: Having problems loading pics. For more pics, check out my Photobucket page. Two pics of the nicks on the back of the guitar, two of the nicks on the head, and then some of the accessories and guitar itself.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/rustysmith/

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-03-2007, 08:24 PM
I like the pic of you and your "trophy wife".

big daddy russ
11-04-2007, 12:44 AM
Haha, thanks man. I call her my Cacahuate because she owns my nuts.

For anyone who is interested in the guitar, it's still available. He's had a few offers, but nobody's met the asking price yet. If you're in the Houston area, it's something to consider.

Gobbla2001
11-04-2007, 01:24 PM
wow... what a damn deal... must be hard to let that thing go for so little...

tell him to take it off of Craig's list and we'll do a funraiser for the guy heh...

big daddy russ
11-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
wow... what a damn deal... must be hard to let that thing go for so little...

tell him to take it off of Craig's list and we'll do a funraiser for the guy heh...
Haha. Yeah, we had a few offers right off the bat ranging anywhere from $825 down. Even had a guy offer $150 for it, LOL. This was my response:

"I'm an overweight 27-year-old who could prostitute myself out for $150.

Tell you what, you can have it for $150 if you throw in two dancing circus midgets and your firstborn daughter's virginity. I'll be anxiously waiting your reply."

He never got back to me.

Wade wound up selling it to our friend/his roommate (tortilla man on the Downlow) for $800 on a "good buddy discount." Had a few other offers for $870+, but tortilla man's band will put it to good use.

Either way, hell of a deal. They got a $3600 guitar for roughly 80% off. Sure, it had already been through two owners and had a few small nicks, but it was only four months old and was in great shape other than those nicks.