PDA

View Full Version : The Streak is Over...Navy Beats Notre Dame!!!!

JR2004
11-03-2007, 05:40 PM
WOW...First time since 1963. Staubach is going crazy!

District303aPastPlayer
11-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Damnit, after they fired Ty after his 3rd season, they damn sure better fire Weiss... this is pathetic and there is no excuse for it at all....

JR2004
11-03-2007, 05:47 PM
This is probably the lowest point for Notre Dame football over the last half century. Weis might want to dust off the ol resume and find an NFL team he can go be an assistant with. The college game just isn't for him.

Old Tiger
11-03-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Damnit, after they fired Ty after his 3rd season, they damn sure better fire Weiss... this is pathetic and there is no excuse for it at all.... Can't....gave him a huge extension after the loss to USC the year of the USC/Texas rose bowl. Ridiculous...plus he has a longer leash because he is white and an alumni of the university.

District303aPastPlayer
11-03-2007, 05:55 PM
21-16 in 3 years...

So far in 2007 Notre Dame has gone 1-8 with their only win against UCLA. Their loss to Navy on November 3 snapped their 43-game win streak against the Midshipmen, which was an NCAA record. The team is currently ranked last in Division 1-A (119th of 119) nationally in rushing offense and total offense, as well as 118th (of 119) in scoring offense, and has been shut out twice. In terms of rushing yards per attempt, Notre Dame is dead last among any team in any year since at least 1999.[6] The team is ineligible for a bowl game for the first time under the Weis regime. After 33 games Charlie Weis has a record of 20 wins and 14 losses, the same record as his predecessor Tyrone Willingham after the same number of games. (From Wikipedia)

FIRE HIM NOW!

rundoe
11-03-2007, 06:21 PM
GO Navy. One of our LH boys plays for them.

Old Tiger
11-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
GO Navy. One of our LH boys plays for them. Is it the tall guy they were talking about?

mustang04
11-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
plus he has a longer leash because he is white

i am getting sick and tired of you always playing the race card....he is coaching cuz he workd his way to that position, trust me, universities are gonna hire who is the most qualified (being an alumni prolly helped him as well)

LHMom
11-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Is it the tall guy they were talking about?

Didn't see it, but he is a linebacker - #60 for Navy. Tony Haberer.

Old Tiger
11-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i am getting sick and tired of you always playing the race card....he is coaching cuz he workd his way to that position, trust me, universities are gonna hire who is the most qualified (being an alumni prolly helped him as well) Was he the most qualified at the time probably not. He was just another coach off the Bellicheck tree. Mangini isn't looking like to hot of a coach right now either and Romeo Carnell doesn't look to hot in cleveland. They get their fame and notoriety coaching in new england but have yet to show the results that their hype would provide.

piratebg
11-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Go Navy :D

rundoe
11-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Is it the tall guy they were talking about? #50 safety or linbacker. I'll look it up

rundoe
11-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
Thas him, getting old over here, sorry

Thanks LHMOM

mwynn05
11-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Navy plays @North Texas next week

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
:doh: Did he change numbers? He wore 50 last time and I kept looking for him, but thought it was some other name. Of course, I didn't start watching until end of 3rd qtr and was in the process of falling asleep so might have been seeing cross-eyed. I missed the end. :(

mustang04
11-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Was he the most qualified at the time probably not. He was just another coach off the Bellicheck tree. Mangini isn't looking like to hot of a coach right now either and Romeo Carnell doesn't look to hot in cleveland. They get their fame and notoriety coaching in new england but have yet to show the results that their hype would provide.

so how do you know there was a more qualified who was black???? did you see all the applications for the job????

LHMom
11-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: Did he change numbers? He wore 50 last time and I kept looking for him, but thought it was some other name. Of course, I didn't start watching until end of 3rd qtr and was in the process of falling asleep so might have been seeing cross-eyed. I missed the end. :(

Nope. Made a typo! He's #50. Dang. I just almost typed it wrong again. Going cross-eyed from watching so much football today!

Oh - just realized Tony is in the pic on my signature. #21. :)

Tx Challenge
11-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

he is still #50

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
he is still #50
:doh: :doh: I'm going blind in my old age, I guess.