OU then gets TD

Big Papa
11-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Ball carrier made it to the Texas 1 and time ran out

OUT STate never called time out

Officials put 2 seconds on the clock

OU then gets TD

in the officials defense it was a first down on that completion..so when the runners down the clock is supposed to stop

Reds fan
11-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
in the officials defense it was a first down on that completion..so when the runners down the clock is supposed to stop

That's the way I saw it too.

gobbler grad
11-03-2007, 04:30 PM
sure, it was clear as mud...:doh:

Johnny 5
11-03-2007, 04:38 PM
:clap:

BreckTxLonghorn
11-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa

Agreed, but I thought the clock stops upon the signaling of the ref. So wouldn't it depend on if/when the ref signals?

As much as I want to say it was a bad call, I agree its more on the 'clear as mud' ruling as well.

JasperDog94
11-03-2007, 10:04 PM
I thought a worse call was when they official's overturned the incomplete pass call and awarded OSU an interception. No camera angle I saw could have overturned that. Not to mention the fact that there was pass interference earlier in the play.

buff4life
11-04-2007, 12:46 PM
that was a joke, Shipley had the ball in his hands when they were going OOB and they ruled it incomplete..they showed a replay on the BIG Screen and the OSU fans had no reaction, i have no clue how they ruled that an interception...

and in defense of the end of the 1st half, the runner was down with 1 second left but the refs did not blow the whistle until time had expired...i was 8 rows back of the referee and he did a horrible job, also the spotting was horrible by line judges...