PDA

View Full Version : Arod wis making it a goal

Emerson1
11-03-2007, 02:32 PM
to make it on the forbes 400

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Yankees were told by agent Scott Boras that they could not meet with Alex Rodriguez unless they presented an extension offer that guaranteed the star $350 million "as a floor."

Boras' remarks, first reported Friday by ESPN.com, were made Oct. 25 during a conversation between the agent and general manager Brian Cashman, a baseball official said Friday, speaking on condition of anonymity because those details were not made public.

Rodriguez had $81 million remaining over the final three years of his record 10-year, $252 million contract, and the deal contained an additional $10 million escalator. The Yankees were prepared to offer him an extension worth $25 million to $30 million a season for four or five years.

Boras then notified the Yankees on Sunday that the star third baseman was opting out of the contract to become a free agent.

Cashman declined to comment on the conversation, and Boras only would go into general details.

"We've made no offers to anyone and we have received no offers from anyone," Boras said. "I'm not going to respond."

New York said repeatedly that it would not negotiate with Rodriguez if he opted out.

"Brian's made it clear, and I've made it clear," Hank Steinbrenner, son of owner George Steinbrenner, said Friday.

TigerPride
11-03-2007, 05:38 PM
only in america....GO TIGERS!!!(the best 7-2 team in the state)

slpybear the bullfan
11-03-2007, 10:52 PM
I pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray that AROD gets no where near a $350MM contract.

...and that Scott Boras gets the Mange.