11-03-2007, 11:27 AM
30-3A is shaping up like this...

Ingleside
West Oso
Mathis
Orange Grove
Aransas Pass
Sinton

Who does Mathis and OG play this next week? They are tied for 3rd place right now I believe. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

pirate4state
11-03-2007, 11:43 AM
11/9 schedule:

Sinton (0-4) @ Ingleside (4-0)
West Oso (3-1) @ Orange Grove (2-2)
Mathis (2-2) @ Aransas Pass (1-3)

All Mathis has to do is win & they are IN since they just beat Orange Grove head-to-head.

Could West Oso miss the playoffs with a loss to OG and a Mathis win????

If WO loses & Mathis wins then we've got 3 teams at 3-2, right? :confused:

maroonpirate04
11-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Weird to see Sinton at the bottom of the food chain:( Good Luck to the Pirates in 2008 and now to look forward to erasing this playoff drought image and get back on the road again. It hurts to see these boys work their butts off on the field. But they played with heart and pride :clap: You did your best Pirates:clap:

sotxrat
11-03-2007, 04:46 PM
If OG beats West Oso, then I believe it would go to the famous power point system and I do not have a clue where any of the teams stand in this.

piratebg
11-03-2007, 07:09 PM
My predictions:

1. Ingleside
2. West Oso
3. Mathis

R4Editor
11-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
My predictions:

1. Ingleside
2. West Oso
3. Mathis AP seems to be playing some good defense early in district, so i wouldnt put Mathis in just yet, but that would also mean OG having to beat West Oso.

luvhoops34
11-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by sotxrat
If OG beats West Oso, then I believe it would go to the famous power point system and I do not have a clue where any of the teams stand in this.

I figured it would get complicated if OG beat WO.....:(

FrmSTx
11-03-2007, 08:03 PM
glad to see that someone else besides Sinton is going to get a taste of Cuero. Hope its not WO, they had them on the schedule a few years ago.

black bear
11-03-2007, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by sotxrat

If i'm not mistaken i believe our district has a max 15 point system. So if you beat an opponent by more than 15 points you only get credit for 15. As of right know power point stands

WO +6 (6-0 over mathis)
OG -1 (13-12 loss to mathis)
mathis-5 (13-12 win over og/ 6-0 loss to oso)

if i am correct OG has to beat west oso by 12 so mathis and og get in. that would leave the pp as

WO -6 (6-0 over mathis/12 point loss to og)
OG +11 (13-12 loss to mathis/12 point win over oso)

so i believe if og wins by anything less than 12 og and wo get in .

AP Panther Fan
11-03-2007, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I figured it would get complicated if OG beat WO.....:(

You never know, it could happen......the power point system is *heck* to figure out. AP has missed the playoffs in recent years because another team didn't lose by x points (I think we were a 5 team district at the time).

Bottom line, I think the entire district is in transition...and we will all be better for it, when it is said and done. Each school has some things going on....

Ingleside, A/D building a good program...
Aransas Pass, we will get there...
West Oso, nice surprises...
Sinton, give HIM some time....
Orange Grove, farm boys, what can you say?
Mathis, turning things around (I will NEVER forget the 4 hour game between AP and Mathis) lol....

Best of luck to whoever ends up representing the district, and just know....nothing is certain in the years to come.

:D

black bear
11-06-2007, 11:27 PM
easiest thing is for west oso to win if not
our district has a max 15 point system. So if you beat an opponent by more than 15 points you only get credit for 15. As of right know power point stands

WO +6 (6-0 over mathis)
OG -1 (13-12 loss to mathis)

OG has to beat west oso by 12 so mathis and og get in. that would leave the pp as

WO -6 (6-0 over mathis/12 point loss to og)
OG +11 (13-12 loss to mathis/12 point win over oso)

so if og wins by anything less than 12 og and wo get in .
so Mathis has to hope oso wins because this would make this complicated system that much easier.

that would give us
DC ingleside (big school)
r-u west oso (#1 small school)
3rd mathis (#2 small school)

Bull Butter
11-07-2007, 07:00 AM
So basically, all OG has to do this week is win and they're in???

black bear
11-07-2007, 09:42 AM
according to the info i got from the coaches if og wins they are in because they would finish with either 0 to +15 power points depending the win margin. For example 1 point win put them at 0 pp because the +1 win over oso and -1 loss to mathis. mathis can do no better than -5 pp because the win og win+1 and the -6 loss to wo.
if og wins by less than 11 oso and og get in. if og wins by less than 7 wo gets #1 seed and og gets #2

scott Wilson
11-07-2007, 10:11 AM
What my son said was explained to them was even if Mathis wins and Orange Grove wins, OG still goes to the playoffs despite the head-to -head loss to Mathis. This district goes by the point system and OG leads in points. Now, if OG loses and Mathis wins, well, Mathis is in. West Oso is in regardless. It all comes down to Mathis and Orange Grove and depending on how many points (if) OG can beat OSO by (at least 4) then OG goes number 1 and Oso #2. If OG loses, OSO #1 and MAthis #2. Getting complicated?? I liked it in my day= District winner went to the playoffs. It really made winning district mean something.

scott Wilson
11-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Hey Black Bear,does Oso just have the one district loss to IHS?

black bear
11-07-2007, 10:21 AM
yeah their only loss was to Ingleside 28 - 20

pirate4state
11-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by scott Wilson
What my son said was explained to them was even if Mathis wins and Orange Grove wins, OG still goes to the playoffs despite the head-to -head loss to Mathis. This district goes by the point system and OG leads in points. Now, if OG loses and Mathis wins, well, Mathis is in. West Oso is in regardless. It all comes down to Mathis and Orange Grove and depending on how many points (if) OG can beat OSO by (at least 4) then OG goes number 1 and Oso #2. If OG loses, OSO #1 and MAthis #2. Getting complicated?? I liked it in my day= District winner went to the playoffs. It really made winning district mean something.

How would OG go #1 if they lost to West Oso?? :confused:

This is all so confusing! :crazy1:

HAHAHA nvm...I just woke up! :D

scott Wilson
11-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Read it closer. It says, OSO is in regardless. OG has to beat OSO by more than 4 (it may be 7, but I think it`s 4) then OG is #1 and Oso is #2. If OG loses, then nothing matters anyways as they are out, unless Mathis loses to AP. Complicated scenario. But basically boils down for OG is WIN and your IN. MAthis has to have more breaks go their way to get in.

black bear
11-07-2007, 10:43 AM
I will try to get a copy of the district power point system. Oso is not in yet. The easiest thing to happen is for oso to win, and then they are in. Oso does have the easiest way in while mathis needs alot of things to happen.

pirate4state
11-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Read it closer. It says, OSO is in regardless. OG has to beat OSO by more than 4 (it may be 7, but I think it`s 4) then OG is #1 and Oso is #2. If OG loses, then nothing matters anyways as they are out, unless Mathis loses to AP. Complicated scenario. But basically boils down for OG is WIN and your IN. MAthis has to have more breaks go their way to get in.

yeah, i snapped out of my slumber AFTER i made my initial post. ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-07-2007, 03:48 PM
West Oso is not in yet, depends by how much they lose. they can lose by less than 11 and make it lol. Just like black bear has it typed up is how it comes down to . OG win, then the power system comes into play because they all be 3-2 and one team beat the other etc. etc. So only thing that matters is the scores between those teams when they played and Mathis has played them both already so they sit at -5. West Oso sits at +6 and OG at -1 :nerd: Region district page has the standings lol look there and has only Ingleside as clinching a playoff berth/;) District 30 standings (http://www.3adownlow.com/30-3A.php)

AP Panther Fan
11-07-2007, 03:56 PM
I heard the only way we could get in was if OG lost and we beat Mathis by 18 or some ungodly amount... don't even quote me on that because it came from a 14 year old.;) :D

luvhoops34
11-07-2007, 04:05 PM
After Fridays games are over with, somebody please come back on here and post who got 1st, 2nd and 3rd....:D

AP Panther Fan
11-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
After Fridays games are over with, somebody please come back on here and post who got 1st, 2nd and 3rd....:D

lol...it might take them several hours to figure it out...:D

pirate4state
11-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
lol...it might take them several hours to figure it out...:D or none at all :D

black bear
11-07-2007, 04:41 PM
I stand corrected. An og win by 4 but not more than 11 gives og and wo the playoff spots.
Ingelside. Big school dc
OG. Small school. #1
WO. Small school. #2

An og win by less than 4
WO. Small school. #1
OG. Small school. #2

An og win by more than 11 and mathis win gives og and mathis playoff spots

pirate4state
11-07-2007, 04:45 PM
lordy, lordy....see what happens when Sinton takes a break? :p :D

luvhoops34
11-07-2007, 04:51 PM
I take it this means that Ingleside gets the #1 spot. Big School, small school to be determined on what WO and OG do?:doh:

black bear
11-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Ingleside is district champs and are going big school.
2 of these 3 teams WO,OG, and Mathis are in line to represent 30-3a in the small school bracket.

R4Editor
11-07-2007, 07:44 PM

OG win by+4 means they go as D2 #1 seed and WO goes as #2 seed and face Cuero. That is what is important for OG otherwise a win by less than that they go as the # 2 seed and WO goes as #1 seed.
WO can make the playoffs with a loss of less than 12 points.12 points are more puts them at -6 and Mathis at -5 so Mathis gets in as #2 seed and OG #1 seed.

K somebody brought up if WO wins and AP wins, that would put 3 teams for the last remaining spot between OG, Mathis and AP.
If this happens OG wins and goes as #3 seed with a +14 and Mathis be in the negative and even a max point win by AP only puts them at +1. AP is offically eliminated from advancing to playoffs along with Sinton.

If it goes to a 3rd tie-breaker it goes by head to head so a 11 point loss by WO puts them at -5 with Mathis but WO wins the next tie breaker, Head to head. Hope this helps :D . OG can win or lose and still make the playoffs if the pieces fall in the right place.

R4Editor
11-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by black bear
Ingleside is district champs and are going big school.
2 of these 3 teams WO,OG, and Mathis are in line to represent 30-3a in the small school bracket. WO still has a chance to be Co-District Champs if they win and Ingleside loses. Ingleside is D1 because they have the biggest enrollment so it wouldnt matter what place they finish from 1st to 3rd place.

black bear
11-07-2007, 09:54 PM
WO still has a chance to be Co-District Champs if they win and Ingleside loses. Ingleside is D1 because they have the biggest enrollment so it wouldnt matter what place they finish from 1st to 3rd place.

I know on any given friday any team can win, but any hope sinton had to win a district is long gone. Ingleside wins this game by at least 14 points