11-03-2007, 10:58 AM
this isn't freakin' College Basketball......... :confused:

Dominicfrank
11-03-2007, 10:59 AM
what are you talking about ?

Gobbla2001
11-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Michigan at #12????? :confused:

are we just running out of teams to rank, so we rank losers?

UT loses to a tough Kstate club and a highly ranked Oklahoma... Mich loses to a NOW highly ranked Oregon (not so high at the time) and a freaking High School but they're ranked higher than Texas?

What's next? Trinity University?

Gobbla2001
11-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
what are you talking about ?

I dunno, Connecticut... #13... this isn't college basketball...

must be talkin' about college football...

Dominicfrank
11-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I dunno, Connecticut... #13... this isn't college basketball...

must be talkin' about college football...

Gotcha.... I happen to be a HUGE UCONN fan and even I know they are not a top 13 team. Their defense is VERY good but their offense is RB only and the passing game looks like a HS team. Defense is pretty good and I guess because it is not a flashy way to win they dont get the buy in from guys like you who make up the majority but as a UCONN fan I still do even though my gut says we are not as good as the other teams that are ranked or get votes.

Gobbla2001
11-03-2007, 11:11 AM
I think they're a good team, on the verge of being a top 25'r or may be there.... they've done a VERY good job getting this program going, but I think this ranking reflects the "what in the hell do we do NOW?" year the polls are having...

Dominicfrank
11-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I think they're a good team, on the verge of being a top 25'r or may be there.... they've done a VERY good job getting this program going, but I think this ranking reflects the "what in the hell do we do NOW?" year the polls are having...

no kidding, this is a mess. Almost takes the fun out of the season. There are going to be a lot of 1 loss teams crying foul at the end of the season.

District303aPastPlayer
11-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
no kidding, this is a mess. Almost takes the fun out of the season. There are going to be a lot of 1 loss teams crying foul at the end of the season.

Why? 2 undefeated teams are going to play in the National Championship game...

Gobbla2001
11-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Why? 2 undefeated teams are going to play in the National Championship game...

Why what?

As for taking the fun out of the season I don't fully agree with that, but kinda do... it's fun because anything can happen... yet it sucks knowing that you may not see the best teams in the Nat'l Championship game...

as for why 1 loss teams would be upset? because they're all pretty damn good... a lot of parity... need atleast an 8 team playoff system...