PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport 39 - Sanger 34 Final

slpybear the bullfan
11-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Bridgeport trailed most of the night, coming back in the 4th to win the game.

Sanger played incredible... cannot say enough things about this school who plays Bridgeport's rear off every year, coming out on top half the time.

Bulls now have clinched a playoff spot, and are in a three way tie for the district championship with Decatur and Argyle. Whichever of these three teams win the last week will share the district crown.

BullsFan
11-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Whichever of these three teams win the last week will share the district crown.

By all rights, all three teams should win their final games, so it looks like we could be in for a three way tie.

rangerjim
11-03-2007, 11:26 AM
how does a tie break work? I know Eagles will end up Div I, most likely against Abeliene- Wylie AGAIN!

luvhoops34
11-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Doesn't it go by how many points you scored against your opponents? Or the teams you are in the tie with?

block&tackle
11-03-2007, 11:49 AM
There are several ways that 8-3A could have theit tie-breaker set up but unless they rely on a coin-flip, it will end up this way (assuming that all 3 win next week):

DI Decatur
D2 Champ - BP
D3 Runner Up - Argyle

BullsFan
11-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by block&tackle
There are several ways that 8-3A could have theit tie-breaker set up but unless they rely on a coin-flip, it will end up this way (assuming that all 3 win next week):

DI Decatur
D2 Champ - BP
D3 Runner Up - Argyle

That's the way I figured it too, but I was informed last night that there is no tiebreaker at all. That all three teams will share the district title. I don't know for sure, but I really like your scenario best. :)

I had it figured based on points, but I was told the only time they'd look at points was to determine who plays who postseason. But while I understand it's all academic at this point, holding the title really does mean something.

slpybear the bullfan
11-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Don't believe there is a tiebreaker used to assign the crown, just the seeding.

Decatur is largest so it is DI all the way.

BP is 1st Seed DII unless they lose next week, Argyle wins and the point differential is a certain amount.... *head spinning*

GO BULLs!