PDA

View Full Version : Argyle 47 - Decatur 35 Final

slpybear the bullfan
11-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Argyle's win over Decatur sets up a three way share of the District championship... assuming Bridgeport, Decatur, and Argyle all win next week.

rangerjim
11-03-2007, 11:24 AM
All 3 teams have "should" win games. Decatur competed pretty good against Argyle considering their top RB Trant sat out with an ankle injury from last week. The kids are growing up.

Slpy - from the updates we got Bridgeport had a tougher time than expected against Sanger.

BullsFan
11-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim
Slpy - from the updates we got Bridgeport had a tougher time than expected against Sanger.

The Bulls struggled without a doubt. Against the Indians and against themselves, judging by the penalties. Two of the Sanger touchdowns came on turnovers, including one VERY late in the game. Then again, I'm fairly certain our quarterback's knee was down when that ball came out, so I'm not convinced that was a genuine touchdown.

We seem to struggle the week after big games--the week after Decatur we struggled, and now after Argyle we struggled. But a win is a win, so I hope we've got our eyes on the prize going into what should be a less difficult win next week.

slpybear the bullfan
11-03-2007, 05:37 PM
I think it was about the same margin as the Eagles beat Sanger?

The Bulls always Struggle against Sanger... no doubt. I agree with BullsFan... the last TD Sanger had was late in the game and came off a fumble return. The Bridgeport QB was sliding when the ball came out, IMHO. I had a very good view of it, but the refs said otherwise.

What happened in the Eagles game? I picked them to win by 10?

rangerjim
11-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Decatur was able to move the ball but had a couple of costly turnovers in the 4th. Young players trying to make too much happen. They played from behind all night and that can wear you out. Argyle put a lot of pressure on Metts all night and he did pretty dang good for a sophmore. He threw for over 400 yds.

In the end though Harp proved too slippery for the Eagles defense. Decatur got pressure on him but Harp was able to elude tackles for the big losses. Reminded me some of how Romo operates.

Overall it's very encouraging for the young Eagles to be playing for a shared title with B'port and Argyle.