PDA

View Full Version : District 27

Old Green
11-02-2007, 11:34 PM
Pleasanton 55 - Poteet 23

Lytle 58 - Somerset 7

BoseIkard
11-05-2007, 02:50 PM
What is the playoff scenario here? Pleasanton has it wrapped up, Lytle has it wrapped up and it looks like if Poteet beats Somerset, which they will, then they are in as 3rd seed?

Old Green
11-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by BoseIkard
What is the playoff scenario here? Pleasanton has it wrapped up, Lytle has it wrapped up and it looks like if Poteet beats Somerset, which they will, then they are in as 3rd seed? Lytle has to beat Medina Valley to be district runnerup with a 3-1 record.

What if Mv beats lytle and Poteet beats Somerset creating a 3 way tie with the teams all having 2-2 district record ? What kind of tie-breaker does the district have set in place in case of such an event ? Positive points or head to head competition to determine Runnerup and 3rd place.

Seems the easy way is for Lytle to win out and MV is pretty good despite their record.

BoseIkard
11-05-2007, 05:17 PM
No way, MV beats Lytle - I do not think that will happen.

Poteet will beat Somerset, they are terrible this year.

So, i guess looking at it on paper, it looks like: Lytle would be DII seed 1 and Poteet DII seed 2?

I would love to see MV win this week, but can't see it happening.

Old Green
11-05-2007, 05:20 PM
I can't really see MV stopping Lytle's running backs either.

Welcome to the board.:wave:

R4Editor
11-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Poteet's Moses Rodriguez rushed for 446 yards — 31 more than Medina Valley had as a team — and five touchdowns in both teams district openers on Oct. 12. Lytles Clayton Joplin is just as explosive as Rodriguez.
Medina Valley will have to keep with the Pirates to win that game. Medina Valley can still make the playoffs if Somerset upsets Poteet putting all 3 teams at 1-3 and Medina Valley has the Postive Points won. :D .
If Medina Valley beats Lytle by any margin and Poteet beats Somerset, Medina Valley against beats out Poteet in Postive points. Lytle i believe is in already as any tie they have the best Postive points and be the 2nd seed.

Poteet to get in they need Lytle to beat Medina Valley and they must win.

Somerset can finish in a three way tie but have been eliminated as they would lose to the other two in postive points.