PDA

View Full Version : Suns not looking so good tonight...

JR2004
11-02-2007, 11:29 PM
Down 90-61 at home to the Purple and Gold in the 3rd.

JR2004
11-02-2007, 11:33 PM
95-67 end of three to a team without its 2nd best player. I give Marion two weeks tops before he asks to be traded again. The Suns look horrible.

big daddy russ
11-03-2007, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
95-67 end of three to a team without its 2nd best player. I give Marion two weeks tops before he asks to be traded again. The Suns look horrible.
I think the Lakers should go after Marion and the Suns' first round pick this year via the Hawks in exchange for Kobe. Makes a hell of a lot more sense than Gordon and Wallace.

JR2004
11-03-2007, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I think the Lakers should go after Marion and the Suns' first round pick this year via the Hawks in exchange for Kobe. Makes a hell of a lot more sense than Gordon and Wallace.

I think Marion will be demanding a trade within the next two weeks. I'd enjoy seeing LA find a way to bring him out there. I wouldn't ship Kobe out for him, but I'd explore every other avenue possible though to see what could be done.

Did you catch D'Antoni and Jackson going at it on Sportscenter? I'm still laughing about what I just saw. It ended with Phil calling him the F word.

big daddy russ
11-03-2007, 01:32 AM
I think Marion will be demanding a trade within the next two weeks. I'd enjoy seeing LA find a way to bring him out there. I wouldn't ship Kobe out for him, but I'd explore every other avenue possible though to see what could be done.

Did you catch D'Antoni and Jackson going at it on Sportscenter? I'm still laughing about what I just saw. It ended with Phil calling him the F word.
Haha. Didn't see that.

From everything I've heard, Marion's a great locker room presence and I think that he and Odom would mesh well. He's probably the biggest player the Lakers could realistically get for Kobe and the Suns have the Hawks' first rounder this year (likely a top-five pick). That'd be a great package for both teams.

JR2004
11-03-2007, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Haha. Didn't see that.

From everything I've heard, Marion's a great locker room presence and I think that he and Odom would mesh well. He's probably the biggest player the Lakers could realistically get for Kobe and the Suns have the Hawks' first rounder this year (likely a top-five pick). That'd be a great package for both teams.

D'Antoni was pissed that Phil called a timeout up by 33 with about 5 minutes left. ESPN was saying Phil pulled a Belichick...lol. D'Antoni made a big scene and called him several choice words and even complained to the referee. They yelled back and forth during the entire timeout. Can't say I feel bad for D'Antoni after he's run it up on us several times. Heck we mostly played the bench in the 4th and Kobe never saw the floor.

The problem here is Marion isn't a lead horse. He's a good complimentary piece. We'd be worse off with Marion as our best player. I'd give up Odom ONLY because if Kobe isn't going anywhere he's most likely to go because his game just doesn't mesh well with Kobe and he refuses to be more selfish. (Yep I'm disappointed a player isn't more selfish.)

I'm not so sure that Hawks pick will be so high. They sure looked pretty good tonight. Probably not a playoff team, but I can see them winning 35-40 games this year.

big daddy russ
11-03-2007, 01:32 PM
D'Antoni was pissed that Phil called a timeout up by 33 with about 5 minutes left. ESPN was saying Phil pulled a Belichick...lol. D'Antoni made a big scene and called him several choice words and even complained to the referee. They yelled back and forth during the entire timeout. Can't say I feel bad for D'Antoni after he's run it up on us several times. Heck we mostly played the bench in the 4th and Kobe never saw the floor.

The problem here is Marion isn't a lead horse. He's a good complimentary piece. We'd be worse off with Marion as our best player. I'd give up Odom ONLY because if Kobe isn't going anywhere he's most likely to go because his game just doesn't mesh well with Kobe and he refuses to be more selfish. (Yep I'm disappointed a player isn't more selfish.)

I'm not so sure that Hawks pick will be so high. They sure looked pretty good tonight. Probably not a playoff team, but I can see them winning 35-40 games this year.
LOL. That's hilarious.

I didn't get to watch the Hawks tonight, but I figured they'd have a top-five pick in the lottery based on their roster, but games aren't played on paper.

I agree with you about Marion not being a lead horse, but I see Deng about the same. He's a great player, but I don't ever think he'll be a superstar on the Kobe/LeBron/Duncan/Garnett level. I compare him a lot to Lamar Odom or Rashard Lewis. An athletic, versatile forward with tons of ability, a unique skill set for a guy 6'8," and a better handle than most guys half his size, but not true superstar material.

That's why I'd be after a high draft pick if I were Buss. Hell, I trade for Durant and future first-rounder (maybe an unprotected one three or four years down the road) straight up for Kobe. I doubt the Sonics would do that, but it would be something to consider.

Gobbla2001
11-03-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm with you Russ, I'd straight up trade him... sure, you'll be worse off for two years maybe, but you need to do it when Jackson is still there, he can do a good job building up a new-look Lakers squad...

but do people REALLY want to take him?

speaking of the Suns I saw Grant Hill on the court for them the other night? It must really be bad... he isn't what he was, not close...

Oh well, maybe the Suns are just gunna be bad this year, or maybe it was bad officiating :rolleyes: