PDA

View Full Version : Navasota @ La Grange

HEMOTOXIC
11-02-2007, 10:46 PM
For the final playoff spot. Who wins this one?

navscanmaster
11-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Navasota.

Pudlugger
11-02-2007, 10:55 PM
It all boils down to defense and the Leps are playing great defense now. But the real story is their offense. The lep O has been rolling, making key 3rd down conversions and great after catch yardage with some great runs by Dockery and Miller. If either of those two get their hands on the ball they will catch it. Both have very soft hands and make great moves on the defenders. The Leps have been very successful in their passing game. Unless the Rattlers shut down Dockery and Miller they will not be able to stop the Leps from advancing to the playoffs. I pick La Grange by 10 points.

navscanmaster
11-03-2007, 02:00 AM
Just remember that Navasota has a strong pass defense. This will be a match of equals. La Grange has seen almost nothing but running teams, so this will be a different experience for them as well. This will come down to who executes their game plan and does not stray from it. Go Rattlers. Also, pudlugger, can you provide some stats of how well each team has ran the ball against the Leps. If you don't want to post it here, you can PM me. Not trying to stir the pot, that's not my style, but just trying to make my own mind up.

WOS87
11-03-2007, 03:53 AM
This one determines whether Giddings goes Division I or Division II.

If La Grange wins Giddings is Division I

If Navasota wins Giddings is Division II

duckpluck
11-03-2007, 07:42 AM
And if LaGrange is Div 1 we could see that Liberty Hill vs Giddings matchup.

zebrablue2
11-03-2007, 08:18 AM
rattlers by 14.

Rattlesnake_08
11-03-2007, 10:37 AM
I feel that Navasota kept shooting themselves in the foot, just like last week. Whatever funk their going through they need to shake off. The defense needs to tighten up, they've given up well over 700yds. in the past two games. Truth is we won't survive many games in the playoffs like that. Also, turnovers, three of them to be exact. Those might hurt the most especially since two touchdowns were scored off of turnovers. How much did Navasota lose by? Two touchdowns.

Whatever the problem is Navasota really needs to find the solution, because the "playoffs" start this week for Navasota. What I mean is that they have to win from here on out. Every week they are going to have to prepare like its a playoff game.

Maybe earlier in the season we would have looked at this game, and thought no big deal. However, this game has become a huge deal! Good job to La Grange for making a late season swing to keep their hopes alive.

For Navasota to win this game they are going to have to prepare themselves for the game even more than they did against Giddings. If they do...

Then Navasota will be able to slow the Lep. passing game down, and Pratt will have a 200+ yd game, which will compliment a 200- passing game.

I'm basing my prediction on Navasota coming out more prepared for this game than any other they have this season

I'll take Navasota 28-21.

Pudlugger
11-03-2007, 11:08 AM
Pratt will not have a 200+ yard rushing game against the Lep D. The Lep D held Giddings to 14 points until late in the third quarter when they were just worn out because of turnovers and the outstanding Buff D shutting down their offense. The D was on the field for too many minutes and Giddings broke for a couple of quick tds to widen the gap by game's end. The Navasota D will have to shut down the Leps powerful passing game to keep our D on the field and tired. I don't see that happening. So I pick the Leps in this one by 35- 21 or so.

Rattlesnake_08
11-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Pratt will not have a 200+ yard rushing game against the Lep D. The Lep D held Giddings to 14 points until late in the third quarter when they were just worn out because of turnovers and the outstanding Buff D shutting down their offense. The D was on the field for too many minutes and Giddings broke for a couple of quick tds to widen the gap by game's end. The Navasota D will have to shut down the Leps powerful passing game to keep our D on the field and tired. I don't see that happening. So I pick the Leps in this one by 35- 21 or so.

I was only basing that upon their preparedness.

Rattlesnake_08
11-03-2007, 11:20 AM
But I'm not tryin' to start stuff. We'll just have to see what happens on Friday.

R3Editor
11-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by duckpluck
And if LaGrange is Div 1 we could see that Liberty Hill vs Giddings matchup.
Interesting point.... :thinking: :thinking:

Pudlugger
11-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by R3Editor
Interesting point.... :thinking: :thinking:

I believe Giddings' enrollment numbers are a few students greater than La Grange and La Grange is greater than Caldwell. So the Leps have to beat Navasota, the largest school in the district, to bump Giddings up to D1. If the Leps lose to Navasota, then Giddings goes to DII . If LH goes DI then the Leps must win against Navasota to see the match up between LH and Giddings. La Grange cannot go DI.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-03-2007, 11:53 AM
La Grange cannot go DI.

Or D2, Navasota 45 La Grange 14. There will be no help from the Bellville Sophmores this year to get the Leps in the post season!

Bull's-eye
11-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Navasota will "Donkey Stomp" La Grange! :D Just a joke, but Rattlers should win this game. They know how to defend the pass.

Darren
11-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Pulling for La Grange so that we can go D1

Pudlugger
11-03-2007, 12:17 PM
I detect some sour grapes in Bellville LOL.
If Navasota tries to use single coverage on Dockery they will not shut down the Lep passing game as no team has been able to shut him down one on one. If they double up on him Miller will get open and the Rattlers will be burned.

I would love to see the Leps help Giddings out by sending them DI. If the Leps come out and play like they have in the last two games they will beat Navasota. That means few penalties and turnovers. Go Leps.:)

gobbler grad
11-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Let's send Giddings to Div.1...La Grange by a TD...:clap:

don't really matter, just like to see the Leps pull it out...:clap:

48minutes
11-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Hope LG can pull out a win here, Giddings would like to get another shot at LH. Dont see it happening, but I sure hope it does! Go La Grange

orangeblood
11-03-2007, 10:43 PM
I picked LaGrange to pull the upset. But I have some ties there so I may be a little partial to LaGrange. However, La Grange didn't stop our running attack ( see halftime score ) and we stopped there passing attack. So for Navasota to win they must utilize Mr Pratt more than the pass, which I doubt you will do. For what ever reason Navasota seems hell bent on throwing the football, shorten those passes and throw to Mr. Pratt, Navasota has the talent to win the game.... It would work better for Caldwell if Navasota would win. But it really doesn't matter. Now LaGrange for you to win the game, have homefield advantage which you have. water your field down ( see the film where they like to run and turn on the hose) just kidding on that one. No joke tackle Mr. Pratt low. Or there will be a drug problem on the Field. You will get drug this way and that way. The Guy is a hoss...... Stay in your game plan you have good coaches and players. Good Luck to both teams....
LaGrange 28 Navasota 27......................

RattlerDude
11-03-2007, 11:12 PM
We should win this game. Even if we start off slow, I feel as though we will be able to take it anyway. Our corners are really good and #9 will put some fear into their receivers once he gets a good lick on them. Plus, no one will stop #22. It is impossible. Tackling low, high, no matter what. Unless there are five people wrapping up on him, he will gain yards. Navasota will win this one 38-14 and head to the playoffs

Rattlesnake_08
11-04-2007, 01:18 AM
To me I think Navasota has more focus and concentration when they play on the road, or least in the last five games or so. Hopefully being on the road will help the Rattlers this week, since they seem to be doing well playing on the road as of late. Plus road games are a blast anyways. Good luck Rattlers!

Pudlugger
11-04-2007, 09:45 AM
The Lep fans will turn out big for this game. After the Bellville win the town has been energized. We had a big turnout for the Smithville away game last week and this will be the last regular season game at home for the Leps, so expect a full house.

The Leps are peaking just at the right time. This team has gelled and they are way better now than in the early season. More so than most teams as the tendency is to improve for any team, but the Leps had to overcome an unusual number of adverse circumstances.

Old Tiger
11-04-2007, 09:47 AM
La Grange because they've show humility when the same could not be said for Nastysota

buff4life
11-04-2007, 12:37 PM
for some reason i cannot see LG winning this game, they are not good...

They played way over there head against Giddings aided by a couple TO's, and games i saw before that one were not pretty..

they seemed to have "hit their stride" against the two weakest teams in district...they will play a 'very talented", i did not say good, but ver talented team this week with more size, speed, and talent, i am anxious to see how it turns out..

dont jump me, just an opinion

Rattlesnake_08
11-04-2007, 01:21 PM
Yeah, there is a lot of talent in Navasota. I think anyone can agree with that. I think they're good as well, or at least improved. At this point last year we were 3-6, and now they have made a complete turnaround. No matter what anyone says, its hard to deny the fact that this program is improving and is only going to get better. To me, these guys have worked to hard all season not to go to the playoffs. That was goal they set at the beginning of the season, and now it lies before them. To win this game the Rattlers are going to have to put all their heart into this game. If they do, then they will not lose.

Pudlugger
11-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
for some reason i cannot see LG winning this game, they are not good...

They played way over there head against Giddings aided by a couple TO's, and games i saw before that one were not pretty..

they seemed to have "hit their stride" against the two weakest teams in district...they will play a 'very talented", i did not say good, but ver talented team this week with more size, speed, and talent, i am anxious to see how it turns out..

dont jump me, just an opinion

You state flatly that "they are not good" then ask not to be jumped? Well, sorry Cupcake consider yourself jumped. The Leps gave Giddings all they wanted for three quarters. It would have been much closer except your coach kept Fitzhenry in trying to run the score up until game's end. The Leps have indeed improved since the pre-district and I have pointed out why in several prior posts. Even if the Leps beat Navasota biased posters like you will undoubtedly try to find some reason to dismiss it as a fluke. Good luck.:mad:

buff4life
11-04-2007, 04:20 PM
You state flatly that "they are not good" then ask not to be jumped? Well, sorry Cupcake consider yourself jumped. The Leps gave Giddings all they wanted for three quarters. It would have been much closer except your coach kept Fitzhenry in trying to run the score up until game's end. The Leps have indeed improved since the pre-district and I have pointed out why in several prior posts. Even if the Leps beat Navasota biased posters like you will undoubtedly try to find some reason to dismiss it as a fluke. Good luck.:mad:

OK FIRST off, don't call me a cupcake, i'm a twinkie, and Please, LaGrange played good D, but yall only had 98 yards total offense and your ONE score was from 6 yards out on a TRICK play, and despite the 4 fumbles that stopped us from scoring...so there's some icing there for you sweetheart...and there was no running the score up there..

if yall want to go that route...remember two punts in the same play?

thanks for making yourself look dumb...it helped me out a lot..

Navasota by 21

buff4life
11-04-2007, 04:22 PM
and FYI...i give credit when credit is due, if Ya'll beat Navasota, i will give credit..

allforball
11-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Or D2, Navasota 45 La Grange 14. There will be no help from the Bellville Sophmores this year to get the Leps in the post season!

Your prediction holds very little water, You also thought your Bellville boys would make the playoffs. Now they get to get Donkey Stomped by Caldwell and then break out the Basketballs.

buff4ever
11-04-2007, 09:16 PM
LG will give it all they got at home for a playoff spot. Another big game for navasota, can they win this one on the road; WE WILL ALL BE WATCHING THE UPDATES ON THIS ONE!

LHPfactory
11-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Navasota will win. I would say lucky for Giddings, but they will have to face WOS in round 2 again. If they win that tough game they will be rewarded with Waco LV..... and if they win that They get a semi final game against Cuero.... Finally if they survive, they will get to face Celina in the finals. D2 will be a tough road for Giddings, there will be a championship class game every week, but hey LH did it last year, the Buffs should be up to it. :)

State_In_08
11-04-2007, 09:25 PM
Of course I'm going to pick Navasota, because I think they'll get pumped for the biggest game of the year.

Navasota - 35
La Grange - 14

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by allforball
Your prediction holds very little water, You also thought your Bellville boys would make the playoffs. Now they get to get Donkey Stomped by Caldwell and then break out the Basketballs.

La Grange wins its 3rd game of the season vs a team with most starters in the 10th grade, then beats a winless Smithville team, and the town has been ENERGIZED. Heres a prediction Navasota will show why they are a top 25 team, and the Leps will break out the Basketballs with Bellville, after Friday Night!

Daddy D 11
11-04-2007, 09:38 PM
as will the brahmas :clap:

48minutes
11-04-2007, 09:59 PM
I have a gut feeling navasota is wanting to play basketball, they are ranked pretty high right? Go leps.

State_In_08
11-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by 48minutes
I have a gut feeling navasota is wanting to play basketball, they are ranked pretty high right? Go leps.

Darn straight, but they'll have to fire up b-ball practice without Calhoun, Pratt, and Jackson, the starting Center, Power Forward, and Small Forward respectively. We've got playoff football to play.

HEMOTOXIC
11-04-2007, 11:28 PM

The Rattlers has and will always have a good basketball program. Plus, the gym isn't finished just yet. ( LOL) So, being ranked highly isn't anything new for the Rattlers and certainly not a reason for the Rattlers to show everyone that the two loses against Caldwell and Giddings were against two DARN GOOD top 10 teams. As far as the game on Friday, Navasota will come out fired up and show the Leps why they are the 3rd best team in the district. Unless La Grange has a running attack the rivals the Hornets and the Buffaloes, it will be a long night for the Leps thinking that they will be the Rattlers with a moderate to inferior in quality or otherwise, a mediocre passing game. I know how easy it is to get all worked up after beating Bellville and Smithville. Neither of the two teams are a push over by any means. The Rattlers still have something to proove to themselves. They have proven that they can play with the best in the state. Now, the Rattlers must proove that they are a playoff team. Unfortunately for La Grange, this means that they will not get the final playoff spot.

Navasota 43
La Grange 28

KatyTigerDad
11-05-2007, 12:30 AM
If Navasota wins, who do they get in the 1st round?

Pudlugger
11-05-2007, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
T Unless La Grange has a running attack the rivals the Hornets and the Buffaloes, it will be a long night for the Leps thinking that they will be the Rattlers with a moderate to inferior in quality or otherwise, a mediocre passing game.

We'll see how inferior in quality the Lep passing game is Friday night.

Leps 35
Navasota 21

hookandladder
11-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
La Grange wins its 3rd game of the season vs a team with most starters in the 10th grade, then beats a winless Smithville team, and the town has been ENERGIZED. Heres a prediction Navasota will show why they are a top 25 team, and the Leps will break out the Basketballs with Bellville, after Friday Night!

Yes LG beat Smithville, I am pretty sure it (Smithville) is the same team that was beating Navasota by 2 TD's in the 3rd quarter until Navasota came back to win. Just another weak prediction that still holds no water. Do I smell a little Jealously from you. What's wrong for a team and town to get ENERGIZED. Bottom line you just cannot handle that you talked trash about the Leps all year and now they have a shot at the playoffs and your Boy's are staying home. Win or Lose Friday and I am still pleased to see what the Leps have accomplished this year, I would be willing to bet that this group again was not very successful in Sub-Varsity but has held it's hold again this year..Go Leps.

navscanmaster
11-05-2007, 08:09 AM
If La Grange can't put a balanced attack on the field, or just run the football hard enough to get the Rattlers off their passing game, they will have to hope for a lot of Rattler turnovers. Navasota's secondary is way too talented and quick. Sweed, Jackson, Rauschek, Hildreth and Spriggs will not be pushovers that LaGrange can just beat because they have passed well against Bellville and Smithville. And Greenwood and Byrd are two of the best pass rushers in the district, and that is not a homer statement. They really get after the QB, so much so that they over look the draw play completely sometimes.
Now I know that the defense was looking like the strong point earlier in the year for the Leopards, but Caldwell and Giddings both gashed them. Don't forget that Navasota has a top-notch back as well, and unlike their offenses, he is not all you have to worry about. As a matter of fact, he is lucky to get 20 touches a game lately. It will be unnervingly close until the fourth, then Navasota will ride Pratt to the finish, 43-21.

Pudlugger
11-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
If La Grange can't put a balanced attack on the field, or just run the football hard enough to get the Rattlers off their passing game, they will have to hope for a lot of Rattler turnovers.

No question you need a balanced offense. The fact that La Grange has the best passing game in D23 and two of the best receivers apparently has not gone unnoticed. However, I should point out that the very existence of a passing threat will help the Lep running game. The Leps have been effective in gaining ground yardage on Qb draws, play action, bootleg plays and screen passes all set up by the passing threat. Qb Allen has speed and the ability to pick his way through defenses and has become a threat both in passing the ball and on the ground. If the linebackers have to worry about pass coverage they will not be able to shut down the run as effectively as say against teams like Caldwell and Giddings. Giddings did not dominate the Leps until late in the game when the score was still 14-7. The Buffs broke a big run following a Lep turnover in mid field and the Leps D just folded. The D was on the field too long in that game because the Buff defense was so effective in stopping the passing game and the run. The Buff defense is probably the strongest D in 3a and is the reason that Giddings has been so successful. By maintaining ball control the opponent's D gets worn out and then Brock does his thing on them with big plays. I don't think the Navasota D is close to the dominance that the Buff D has demonstrated this season. On the other hand, the Lep defense has gotten much better since everyone is now back and the issues are behind them. I predict a Lep victory Friday.

Leps 35
Navasota 21

UPanIN
11-05-2007, 11:32 AM
In my mind Navasota's defense has been suspect all year. The game I thought they had turned it around was Giddings. Caldwell proved that didn't happen. They didn't stop Caldwell until the last series (Subs for caldwell) and it was too late then.

If La Grange can stop the Rattlers they have a great chance to win this game.

I'm a Navasota faithful but this will be a tough game to pull out.

I have to pick La Grange unless Navasota's offense has a super game and scores about 50.

Navasota 28
La Grange 38

Bull19
11-05-2007, 11:39 AM
if it takes a town to get energized over beating a very bad bellville team and smithville, that says alot right there..... la grange's "great" passing game will get shut down by navasota....navasota should win this game pretty easy............and pud you say the stands will be filled this week in la grange? where were they for the bellville game? it looked like la grange thought a junior high game was going on that night. their were more people from bellville there........if that was any indication of how the town feels about la grange football i think they are ready to air up the spaldings and wax the gym floor.

snakebite
11-05-2007, 12:09 PM
In my opinion I honestly do not know who will win this game. I am also not going to give a prediction because you can predict all ya'll want, but the truth will be told friday night on the field. I do not know that much about La Grange's football program this year, only what I've read in the papers. I believe that it will either be a very close game or very one-sided. Navasota stepped it up against Giddings, but let Smithville run over them for a while, and then Caldwell. Navasota tried a comeback against Caldwell like in Smithville, but it did not work. That to me is going to be the key to this game. If La Grange can get an early lead and stick with it and hold down Navasota's offense, then they have it. Navasota to me is going to have to wake up early and score WITHOUT penalties, which have seem to hurt them in district play. Good luck to both teams and I'm pretty sure many folks from Navasota will be travelin down there!!

RattlerDude
11-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
In my mind Navasota's defense has been suspect all year. The game I thought they had turned it around was Giddings. Caldwell proved that didn't happen. They didn't stop Caldwell until the last series (Subs for caldwell) and it was too late then.

If La Grange can stop the Rattlers they have a great chance to win this game.

I'm a Navasota faithful but this will be a tough game to pull out.

I have to pick La Grange unless Navasota's offense has a super game and scores about 50.

Navasota 28
La Grange 38

Actually, our defense was the reason why we won some of our games. Our defense is usually very strong. They just had two weak performances against Smithville and Caldwell. We'll be alright and easily beat La Grange

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2007, 01:21 PM

Leps 35
Navasota 21

Yes, we shall!

buff4life
11-05-2007, 01:43 PM
No question you need a balanced offense. The fact that La Grange has the best passing game in D23 and two of the best receivers apparently has not gone unnoticed. However, I should point out that the very existence of a passing threat will help the Lep running game. The Leps have been effective in gaining ground yardage on Qb draws, play action, bootleg plays and screen passes all set up by the passing threat. Qb Allen has speed and the ability to pick his way through defenses and has become a threat both in passing the ball and on the ground. If the linebackers have to worry about pass coverage they will not be able to shut down the run as effectively as say against teams like Caldwell and Giddings. Giddings did not dominate the Leps until late in the game when the score was still 14-7. The Buffs broke a big run following a Lep turnover in mid field and the Leps D just folded. The D was on the field too long in that game because the Buff defense was so effective in stopping the passing game and the run. The Buff defense is probably the strongest D in 3a and is the reason that Giddings has been so successful. By maintaining ball control the opponent's D gets worn out and then Brock does his thing on them with big plays. I don't think the Navasota D is close to the dominance that the Buff D has demonstrated this season. On the other hand, the Lep defense has gotten much better since everyone is now back and the issues are behind them. I predict a Lep victory Friday.

Leps 35
Navasota 21

i can live with a post like this, don't think your prediction will come true, but i can see some logic...

still want to see LG's passing game work against a good team

UPanIN
11-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
Actually, our defense was the reason why we won some of our games. Our defense is usually very strong. They just had two weak performances against Smithville and Caldwell. We'll be alright and easily beat La Grange

I hope your right RattlerDude but I'm not happy with our defense. They played hard last Friday but never came up with a single stop on 3rd or 4th downs. One stop would have help ease my concerns and maybe turned that game.

Water under the bridge I guess.

Darren
11-05-2007, 05:47 PM

Leps 35
Navasota 21

Pud... Where have you been hiding? I haven't seen you around much this year.

I hope your right on the prediction.

Rattlesnake_08
11-05-2007, 08:23 PM
I am guaranteeing a Navasota win Friday night.

I'm not talking trash, and I'm not trying to start stuff.

navscanmaster
11-06-2007, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08
I am guaranteeing a Navasota win Friday night.

I'm not talking trash, and I'm not trying to start stuff.

Rollin' the dice for a new signature though huh? LOL, I hope we can take your guarantee to the bank! I really want to see Needville next Friday or Saturday! More so I am just ready to see Navasota face something other than a ground gobbling running game for a change. Hope it doesn't rain!

Rattlesnake_08
11-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Rollin' the dice for a new signature though huh? LOL, I hope we can take your guarantee to the bank! I really want to see Needville next Friday or Saturday! More so I am just ready to see Navasota face something other than a ground gobbling running game for a change. Hope it doesn't rain!

True that. If it rains that's going to be bad for both teams.

Rattlesnake_08
11-06-2007, 11:19 AM
MaxPreps has Navasota winning 28-17.

Rattlesnake_08
11-06-2007, 12:49 PM
The Lep fans will turn out big for this game. After the Bellville win the town has been energized. We had a big turnout for the Smithville away game last week and this will be the last regular season game at home for the Leps, so expect a full house.

The Leps are peaking just at the right time. This team has gelled and they are way better now than in the early season. More so than most teams as the tendency is to improve for any team, but the Leps had to overcome an unusual number of adverse circumstances.

You know, that's awesome that y'all's town is "energized" about the football team. I wish the our town would get energized about their football team. The Rattlers have been doing well all season, but its a mystery to me as to why there is still a lack of support from the town.

Now, I know we have alot of fans at home and away games, but that doesn't mean anything unless they believe in the team.

There are a few Rattler faithful out there, but we need to get the rest of the town on board.

RattlerDude
11-06-2007, 02:42 PM
True that. If it rains that's going to be bad for both teams.

Yeah but if it does rain and the passing game is limited, we still have Dexter Pratt, who is a Beast! I don't know anything about La Grange's running back though. I know we will be alright either way.

48minutes
11-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Yeah but if it does rain and the passing game is limited, we still have Dexter Pratt, who is a Beast! I don't know anything about La Grange's running back though. I know we will be alright either way.

Wet or dry, regardless you guys should use him, cause your right he is a beast. I'm shocked as to why he doesn't get more carries.

Rattlesnake_08
11-06-2007, 11:32 PM
Wet or dry, regardless you guys should use him, cause your right he is a beast. I'm shocked as to why he doesn't get more carries.

I know...I think he has had maybe 2 or 3 20+ carry games, and the game he got 366yds. wasn't even one of them. Pratt is prob. averaging anywhere from 15-18 carries a game.

navscanmaster
11-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by State_In_08
You never ever know the ways of Fedora. I've been trying to figure it out for 3 years now.
The only thing that is constant with him is that he insists on running a spread offense. Can you imagine what we would look like running a single receiver, double tight power I? We have the size on the line to do it, but that is not what they have trained to do. He knows that with most of his starters back next year, that he really has a chance to make that offense shine. Normally teams would run a blue-chip back 30+ times a game (see Madisonville), but he just runs his offense and makes Pratt an equal part of it. It is a shame that we only run two of three sweeps a game, those are always big gainers for Pratt.

buff4ever
11-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Sounds like you guys are ready for basketball. I agree if I were him I would run a little more with pratt, sometimes a lot more. He, being the coach by the way, feels that he has enough talent and can be more diverse by spreading it out a little.

The only problem I would have with it if I were a big navasota fan is that they should run more and that the offense is easily predicted. He may should pass some out of the run formations, this would make a great back in pratt even better.

With all of this being said, he is taking great athletes to the post season this year if you beat LG this week, that is something the past coaches couldn't do WITH YOUR GREAT ATHLETES year in and year out.

setxsports
11-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Someone that will be at the LaGrange/Navasota please PM me a cell # for updates. Thanks.

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2007, 07:25 PM
OK, players of Navasota::mad:

Get focused on beating La Grange and stop playing the blame game. The players are the only people who can make key defensive stops or make touchdowns. Believe it or not, parents, fans, the band, drill team, nor the coach can do that. When the players start believing in the coach and start putting more heart and effort into what they are doing, the sooner Navasota will become a winning success. Had Navasota only ran 5 plays a game, I doubt it that they would be 6-3 going into the final game of the season. So, PLAYERS, FANS, COACHES, DRILL TEAM, BAND MEMBERS, PARENTS, ETC., let us all make the trip to La Grange a special trip by beating the Leopards. The Rattlers definaltey have the talent. In fact, this game shouldn't even have this much meaning had the players taken care of business against Giddings and Caldwell. The fans will be their to support the team. We have faith that Navasota is the most talented team in the district and the most talented team will win Friday if they come out and play the type of game that they are capable of playing.

Good luck La Grange and Navasota.
Go Rattlers!

buff4life
11-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Dude, you have been averaging almost 3000 home fans. If the Rattlers had beat Giddings, Madisonville, and Caldwell, the numbers would only have gotten better. The support is there. The team has to show the fans that they are worth seeing.

in a great football town, the team doesn't have to show that their worth seeing or even really BE worth seeing, a huge support group will be there...

Rattlesnake_08
11-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Dude, you have been averaging almost 3000 home fans. If the Rattlers had beat Giddings, Madisonville, and Caldwell, the numbers would only have gotten better. The support is there. The team has to show the fans that they are worth seeing.

I was just saying in my opinon it doesn't seem like the town is "energized."

LH Panther Mom
11-07-2007, 09:19 PM
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s33/smilies-43619.png

State_In_08
11-07-2007, 09:44 PM
What does bloodline have to do with anything? If he doesn't have it, he doesn't have it, plain and simple. I watch game film with the players pretty much every Monday, play by play, and what I'm saying is no surprise to them one bit. In fact, I tell them the same things when I'm discussing the film. Fedora refuses to adjust to the situation.

We don't have to talk crap to La Grange or try to get our players fired up. They do that themselves. One of the players asked me Friday after the Caldwell game,"What you got to say bout that game? I know you got somethin." All I said was,"La Grange. That's all that matters now." So don't tell me I'm not getting their minds in the right place.

I'm not ragging on the players, they have absolutely nothing to do with playcalling. And for the record, I don't care what Fedora calls, as long as it works. I'm ragging on the fact that he could get stopped 3 straight times on draw plays, its 4th and 6, and guess what... he calls a draw play. Make an adjustment for godsake, especially when the opposing defense is stacking 8 in the box and waiting for the run. My belief is that we have the best team in our district, I don't care what any Giddings or Caldwell posters have to say. In my mind, talent-wise, we have the best team in district 23-3A. So don't say I'm ragging on the players.

Finally, they are a very explosive team. All around speed I think is the strong point of this team, on defense and offense. We may not have the best size, but speed is definitely our strongest asset, I just don't think we use it enough. Pratt runs a 4.45, why not line him up in the slot or even out wide a couple times a game? Talk about a mismatch. Bottom line, I think this team could be better used and with better playcalling could be contending for the district championship. And thats my humble opinion.

Sorry LH Panther Mom, it had to be said. I don't see what the big deal is about talking about the coaches, all im doing is analyzing what I think about the coaching situation, or "discussing" it. That's what this forum is for is it not? 3A Football Discussion includes 3A coaches.

Rattlesnake_08
11-07-2007, 10:00 PM
What does bloodline have to do with anything? If he doesn't have it, he doesn't have it, plain and simple. I watch game film with the players pretty much every Monday, play by play, and what I'm saying is no surprise to them one bit. In fact, I tell them the same things when I'm discussing the film. Fedora refuses to adjust to the situation.

We don't have to talk crap to La Grange or try to get our players fired up. They do that themselves. One of the players asked me Friday after the Caldwell game,"What you got to say bout that game? I know you got somethin." All I said was,"La Grange. That's all that matters now." So don't tell me I'm not getting their minds in the right place.

I'm not ragging on the players, they have absolutely nothing to do with playcalling. And for the record, I don't care what Fedora calls, as long as it works. I'm ragging on the fact that he could get stopped 3 straight times on draw plays, its 4th and 6, and guess what... he calls a draw play. Make an adjustment for godsake, especially when the opposing defense is stacking 8 in the box and waiting for the run. My belief is that we have the best team in our district, I don't care what any Giddings or Caldwell posters have to say. In my mind, talent-wise, we have the best team in district 23-3A. So don't say I'm ragging on the players.

Finally, they are a very explosive team. All around speed I think is the strong point of this team, on defense and offense. We may not have the best size, but speed is definitely our strongest asset, I just don't think we use it enough. Pratt runs a 4.45, why not line him up in the slot or even out wide a couple times a game? Talk about a mismatch. Bottom line, I think this team could be better used and with better playcalling could be contending for the district championship. And thats my humble opinion.

Sorry LH Panther Mom, it had to be said. I don't see what the big deal is about talking about the coaches, all im doing is analyzing what I think about the coaching situation, or "discussing" it. That's what this forum is for is it not? 3A Football Discussion includes 3A coaches.

True that! You should be able to openly express your opinon on this forum. Everyone else is able to...Its just that certain, or really one, moderator likes to ban folks if that opinon doesn't "match-up."

And for the record...I think Fedora is a good coach, but like all coaches, could use some work.

pirate4state
11-07-2007, 11:00 PM
True that! You should be able to openly express your opinon on this forum. Everyone else is able to...Its just that certain, or really one, moderator likes to ban folks if that opinon doesn't "match-up."

And for the record...I think Fedora is a good coach, but like all coaches, could use some work.

We have no problem with you expressing your opinion so long as you can do it in a positive manner. This isn't a forum to air out your dirty laundry and/or call out your coach on his play making.

If you don't like what ANY of us moderators are doing, I suggest you take it up with the owners of this board!

48minutes
11-07-2007, 11:13 PM

You really beleive navasota has the best team in the district? I think they are a great team, with phenomial athletes. But you really feel like they are the best TEAM? I thought Hornet Mom made it clear that caldwell was?

Old Green
11-07-2007, 11:29 PM

And for the record...I think Fedora is a good coach, but like all coaches, could use some work. Do as the moderators tell you. Read Rule #3. We frown on any post that attack the integrity of school systems and coaches. Anymore of these type post will result in this thread being locked.

Thank you

orangeblood
11-07-2007, 11:31 PM

Didn't say anything about watching with the players.. I said with the coaches, I'm sure they could explain what they are trying to accomplish. You make it hard to want Navasota to beat LaGrange when you roll thru your spill giving no respect to Giddings or Caldwell. Remember we scored 44 points on the defense, they had no answer for our offense period, no excuses please.. Giddings only needed 8 points from their offense to beat us because their defense came to play. So don't blame it all on the offense. Your offense scored 29 points plenty to win the game. All I have heard is about your offense what about some DEFENSE. Give a little credit to the offense I think they are deserving and imagine how good they will be next year.

IHStangFan
11-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by KatyTigerDad
If Navasota wins, who do they get in the 1st round? Needville I believe..but we've still gotta play Wharton on Fri. night first.

State_In_08
11-08-2007, 01:00 AM
You really beleive navasota has the best team in the district? I think they are a great team, with phenomial athletes. But you really feel like they are the best TEAM? I thought Hornet Mom made it clear that caldwell was?

Hornet Mom has her opinion as do I. I said TALENT-WISE, we are the best team, but as team unity goes, it could improve.

Old Tiger
11-08-2007, 01:02 AM
Caldwell has a lot of talent.

go to bed 08

State_In_08
11-08-2007, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by orangeblood
Didn't say anything about watching with the players.. I said with the coaches, I'm sure they could explain what they are trying to accomplish. You make it hard to want Navasota to beat LaGrange when you roll thru your spill giving no respect to Giddings or Caldwell. Remember we scored 44 points on the defense, they had no answer for our offense period, no excuses please.. Giddings only needed 8 points from their offense to beat us because their defense came to play. So don't blame it all on the offense. Your offense scored 29 points plenty to win the game. All I have heard is about your offense what about some DEFENSE. Give a little credit to the offense I think they are deserving and imagine how good they will be next year.

I know what they are trying to accomplish. They explain it to the players, the players explain it to me every Monday.

I gave all due respect to Giddings and Caldwell. When Giddings beat us, I said,"I really believe we should have won the game, and that we had our chances, but I'm not going to get into that because a win is a win, and a loss is a loss. Fact is, they won, and we didn't."

For Caldwell, I said,"Respect to Caldwell for the game Friday night. They were flat out the better team. They have an amazing rushing attack that is very hard to defend, and Canto and Sims are both really good running backs. They really are a good team." Also, my other two Rattler backers on this board have "Caldwell is better than Navasota." as their signatures. Can't show much more respect than that.

Now onto the offensive and defensive stuff. Offensively, I think we are really good, but we COULD be great. If we got a little more creative with the ball and formations, we could put up serious points against any defense. Defensively, we could definitely be better. I think though that this is where the adjustment game comes in. Defense is a constantly changing battle... you have to try and combat an offense that can be ever changing throughout the game. If they beat you with a throw over the top, you adjust to shut down that. If they beat you up front on the ground, you adjust for that. Our problem is realizing and making these adjustments. We have more than enough smarts and talent on that defense to be dominant. Although Caldwell's offense was tough, and we could have never shut down Canto and Sims completely, there are ways to stop them, and at least slow them down. Giddings showed this. Why wouldn't you learn from the Giddings-Caldwell game? I guarantee I could watch the films and tell you how you could counteract that explosive offense.

State_In_08
11-08-2007, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Caldwell has a lot of talent.

go to bed 08

I can't do that until my opinion is felt. Haha.

navscanmaster
11-08-2007, 07:46 AM
Well, at least the Basketball team is ranked 8th! Hopefully they can make due without a few guys for a little while. I hope these guys are ready to hit somebody Friday night. I could care less if the offense scores a lot, I am ready to see some defense. Defense. Defense. Defense. Where are those shirtless N-A-V-A-S-O-T-A guys at when you need them?!

RattlerDude
11-08-2007, 09:19 AM

Does Hornet Mom know that they lost to Giddings. Giddings shut them down only letting Canto get 73 yards. That shows that they were held down by a better team.

48minutes
11-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Does Hornet Mom know that they lost to Giddings. Giddings shut them down only letting Canto get 73 yards. That shows that they were held down by a better team.

I know, I agree with you RattlerDude. I was being sarcastic to her BOOK she typed about no matter what the score says, caldwell is the better team in the end.

State_In_08
11-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Well, at least the Basketball team is ranked 8th! Hopefully they can make due without a few guys for a little while. I hope these guys are ready to hit somebody Friday night. I could care less if the offense scores a lot, I am ready to see some defense. Defense. Defense. Defense. Where are those shirtless N-A-V-A-S-O-T-A guys at when you need them?!

Basketball is gonna be great... as soon as football is over. lol

Those shirtless N-A-V-A-S-O-T-A guys are some of my best friends. I declined to join the group last game. I don't think they are going to do it again though... The only two times they've painted (Giddings and Caldwell) have been losses. Superstition.

orangeblood
11-08-2007, 11:29 AM

Maybe or Maybe Giddings had a good defensive scheme......... It appeared Navasota came out with that same scheme on the firstplay and we were ready for that. They did not stay in it they went back to their defense.....

State_In_08
11-08-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm so pumped for this game... only a day to go. We're going to take it to La Grange!

Pudlugger
11-08-2007, 06:17 PM
I'm so pumped for this game... only a day to go. We're going to take it to La Grange!

Bring it, bro.:cool:

State_In_08
11-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Bring it, bro.:cool:

Whats the capacity for your visitor side? Navasota is coming about 2000 deep.

State_In_08
11-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
We have no problem with you expressing your opinion so long as you can do it in a positive manner. This isn't a forum to air out your dirty laundry and/or call out your coach on his play making.

If you don't like what ANY of us moderators are doing, I suggest you take it up with the owners of this board!

Didn't see this before, felt I needed to respond.

I'm not trying to "call him out" on his playcalling... crap, its working. We're 6-3, and on the verge of the biggest game we've played in 3 years, I have to give him some credit for that... its not all the players. I'm just giving my opinion on how I think we could improve. I don't expect him to look on here and take my advice... I'm sure he's got 100% confidence in what he runs. As long as its working, who cares? He could run fake punt every play, and if we score or get a first down, I could care less.

buff4life
11-08-2007, 07:45 PM

yall didn't have much more than 2000 at HOME, but IF you do bring that many, no chance of them all fitting on that side of the stadium, much less the stands...

Pudlugger
11-08-2007, 08:32 PM

1500 or so I would guess. Looks like it will be SRO Friday!

IHStangFan
11-08-2007, 08:33 PM
1500 or so I would guess. Looks like it will be SRO Friday! I love those kinda games. Aransas Pass -vs- Ingleside is usually this way.

HEMOTOXIC
11-08-2007, 11:49 PM
yall didn't have much more than 2000 at HOME, but IF you do bring that many, no chance of them all fitting on that side of the stadium, much less the stands...

Our home side holds 3000. There was well over 2000 at the Giddings game. We have no problem traveling. I've seen Navasota fill Buddy Morehead and Sam Houston State in playoff games against Jasper and La Marque.

State_In_08
11-09-2007, 12:19 AM

Our home side holds 3000. There was well over 2000 at the Giddings game. We have no problem traveling. I've seen Navasota fill Buddy Morehead and Sam Houston State in playoff games against Jasper and La Marque.

I remember those games... that was back in '96 wasn't it?

navscanmaster
11-09-2007, 08:45 AM
yup

buff4ever
11-09-2007, 09:42 AM
It would be fun for this game to be a one score game decided in the final minutes. Maybe it is just interesting for our district, but it is funny sometimes in high school football how a 3rd place battle btwn a talented team and an over achieving team can effect so many and draw so much attention.

This game directly effects both schools at battle and their playoff hopes, which region giddings goes, and then all the teams that are effected by both.

48minutes
11-09-2007, 09:46 AM
I dont see LG being able to hang with the athletes Navasota puts on the field. Only one way this one goes La Grange's way and thats if the Rattlers are ready to hit the court.

buff4ever
11-09-2007, 09:56 AM
pretty much agree, but playoffs are on the line, and it is in LG. LG's defense is good enough to stay in it if their offense can do anything. Hard for me to see that happening, given that we held them to under 100 yards. I just keep telling myself that was our defense not navasota's.

State_In_08
11-09-2007, 10:24 AM
It's FRIDAY... gametime baby! Playoff atmosphere.

Old Tiger
11-09-2007, 10:24 AM
It's FRIDAY... gametime baby! Playoff atmosphere. loser starts thump thump :)

Pudlugger
11-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
It would be fun for this game to be a one score game decided in the final minutes. Maybe it is just interesting for our district, but it is funny sometimes in high school football how a 3rd place battle btwn a talented team and an over achieving team can effect so many and draw so much attention.

This game directly effects both schools at battle and their playoff hopes, which region giddings goes, and then all the teams that are effected by both.

I find the embedded assumptions in this post and the replies to be very offensive. The Leps are not an "over achieving" team. In fact if anything the Leps are an under achieving team given all the disciplinary problems they have had to contend with this year. They should have won against Sealy (10 turnovers and a blocked punt) and Gonzales (let an Apache pick up a lateral and run it in untouched thinking it was an incomplete pass and time running out on Apache 3 with score 27-21). I'd say the Leps are a whole lot better than folks here think and I'm going out on a limb to say they prove it tonight. Go Leps, Beat Navasota !:clap: :clap: :clap:

HEMOTOXIC
11-09-2007, 11:40 AM
I remember those games... that was back in '96 wasn't it?

Yes, they were.

Rattlesnake_08
11-09-2007, 12:39 PM
The game will be on the radio 1550 AM.

RattlerDude
11-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Here we go baby! Its finally Friday! La Grange here we come. Ya'll should get the gym ready.

Rattlesnake_08
11-09-2007, 01:38 PM
We only have a few more hours with this silly sig. RattlerDude.

Any La Grange Leps want to accept this same bet???

Rattlesnake_08
11-09-2007, 01:44 PM
The bet...

If Navasota wins y'all have to set your signatures as Navasota is better than La Grange

If La Grange wins we'll have to set our signatures as La Grange is better than Navasota.

buff4life
11-09-2007, 01:45 PM
I find the embedded assumptions in this post and the replies to be very offensive. The Leps are not an "over achieving" team. In fact if anything the Leps are an under achieving team given all the disciplinary problems they have had to contend with this year. They should have won against Sealy (10 turnovers and a blocked punt) and Gonzales (let an Apache pick up a lateral and run it in untouched thinking it was an incomplete pass and time running out on Apache 3 with score 27-21). I'd say the Leps are a whole lot better than folks here think and I'm going out on a limb to say they prove it tonight. Go Leps, Beat Navasota !:clap: :clap: :clap:

dude yall lost like the entire offense to graduation...to even have a chance at the playoffs is over achieving...

allforball
11-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Our 7th and 8th grade teams played last night and the 2 things that I saw was 1 Navasota had atheletes on both teams A & B teams. The other thing that I saw was that as much talent that they had they did not play defense very well, it seemed to me that all the atheletic players played harder on offense than defense. With this being said I think if are offense can move the ball, we will win the game. LG- 28- 14.

Rattlesnake_08
11-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Our 7th and 8th grade teams played last night and the 2 things that I saw was 1 Navasota had atheletes on both teams A & B teams. The other thing that I saw was that as much talent that they had they did not play defense very well, it seemed to me that all the atheletic players played harder on offense than defense. With this being said I think if are offense can move the ball, we will win the game. LG- 28- 14.

They'll get better a defense as they keep going along in high school...Hopefully anyways...

Global Swarming
11-09-2007, 02:14 PM
I doubt if either one of you would take the bet because whoever loses probably won't be back on here after tonight.

HEMOTOXIC
11-09-2007, 02:40 PM

Giddings held the Rattlers to 14 points, do you really think that the Leps can do the same?:thinking:

Pudlugger
11-09-2007, 02:54 PM
dude yall lost like the entire offense to graduation...to even have a chance at the playoffs is over achieving...

Fact is the good teams reload they don't just rebuild. Maybe by Giddings standards if your seniors graduate expectations go way down but not in La Grange. We expect our varsity to play to win and to play well even if the seniors have not started as juniors. We also expect them to maintain discipline, which this senior class lacks. For that I say they have under achieved notably in that they should be 6-2 now and not 4-4.

Yes we are happy to have a shot at the playoffs in this exceptionally tough district. Even if the Leps were 6-2 it wouldn't make a bit of difference tonight. We either win or turn in the equipment and break out the basket balls.

buff4life
11-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Fact is the good teams reload they don't just rebuild. Maybe by Giddings standards if your seniors graduate expectations go way down but not in La Grange. We expect our varsity to play to win and to play well even if the seniors have not started as juniors. We also expect them to maintain discipline, which this senior class lacks. For that I say they have under achieved notably in that they should be 6-2 now and not 4-4.

Yes we are happy to have a shot at the playoffs in this exceptionally tough district. Even if the Leps were 6-2 it wouldn't make a bit of difference tonight. We either win or turn in the equipment and break out the basket balls.

ok well in the great span of things...

if a team loses 10 out of 11 players on an offense that got 3rd in district...most wouldn't think they would have great chance at making the playoffs the next year...don't brag to me about LG reloading every year and stuff...every expects things but that doens't always come out...

Rattlesnake_08
11-09-2007, 04:06 PM
ok well in the great span of things...

if a team loses 10 out of 11 players on an offense that got 3rd in district...most wouldn't think they would have great chance at making the playoffs the next year...don't brag to me about LG reloading every year and stuff...every expects things but that doens't always come out...

True...It does matter who was on varsity the year before, because it adds experience to the team.

Its just like in 2004 when Navasota had 22 seniors on varsity graduate 21 of them starters. The next year Navasota did not compete very well because there was a significant lack of experience on the team.

Rattlesnake_08
11-09-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm about to head out for the game...I can't wait for kick-off. I, and prob. about 6000 others have been waiting for this game all week, and its finally here. GO RATTLERS!!!

buff4life
11-09-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm about to head out for the game...I can't wait for kick-off. I, and prob. about 6000 others have been waiting for this game all week, and its finally here. GO RATTLERS!!!

just pray 6000 people don't show up for the game...