PDA

View Full Version : La Grange 29 Smithville 14

Pudlugger
11-02-2007, 10:45 PM
The Tigers scored on a kickoff return aided by a non-call clip. Same ref ruled a Lep td out ofend zone, said his chest hit out of the end zone before his feet. Great diving catch on 30 yard pass by Dockery but oh well. Anyway the Leps are hitting on all 8 cylinders finally and are peaking just at the right time. Next week they have Navasota at home and I like their chances.

navscanmaster
11-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Good deal, how's that passing game look? I hear it has really taken off for the Leps. Smithville wasn't all that bad either, were they?

HEMOTOXIC
11-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Hopefully that Rattlers can win this one. We def. can't stop the run. Maybe we can stop the pass!?

Pudlugger
11-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Smithville has improved greatly over the past two seasons. This Tiger team has a very tough defense against the run and some rreal physical players including their DE #80 who was all over the Lep backfield.

Yes, the Leps have two of the best receivers in D23 in Dockery and Miller and Qb Allen has proven to be a very cool and accurate passer under pressure. He has also been a big threat on the run, tucking the ball in and picking his way through defenders. He had a very nice 50 yard td tonight on a bootleg which fooled everyone. If the Lep D can shut down the Rattler running game it will be their night. Playing in their own stadium really helps as well. I feel an upset is in the making.

navscanmaster
11-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Smithville has improved greatly over the past two seasons. This Tiger team has a very tough defense against the run and some rreal physical players including their DE #80 who was all over the Lep backfield.

Yep, they just kinda run out of gas late in the game. More depth might help that, seemed like they had six guys going both ways last week.

buff4life
11-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger

Yes, the Leps have two of the best receivers in D23 in Dockery and Miller and Qb Allen has proven to be a very cool and accurate passer under pressure. He has also been a big threat on the run, tucking the ball in and picking his way through defenders. He had a very nice 50 yard td tonight on a bootleg which fooled everyone. If the Lep D can shut down the Rattler running game it will be their night. Playing in their own stadium really helps as well. I feel an upset is in the making.

LaGrange is the only team that actually passes the ball, and their still a run base offense...

strosfan
11-02-2007, 11:47 PM
So if La Grange did in fact pull off an upset over Navasota, then it would be Giddings, Caldwell, and La Grange in the playoffs right? Then Giddings would go div 1.

Pudlugger
11-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by strosfan
So if La Grange did in fact pull off an upset over Navasota, then it would be Giddings, Caldwell, and La Grange in the playoffs right? Then Giddings would go div 1.

Yep!