PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell 44, Navasota 29 Final

HEMOTOXIC
11-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Almost got ugly tonight. Caldwell was clearly the best team tonight. Navasota couldn't stop the run at all. After being down by 24, the Rattlers made it close going into the fourth by cutting the Hornets lead to 8. I'm not going to sit here and make excuses. Caldwell was better prepared all the way around. Navasota was out coached. played, hussled, etc.... Thanks to the fans of Navasota. They really showed up tonight.

navscanmaster
11-02-2007, 10:37 PM
Yep. Rattlers couldn't stop Canto at all, had limited success with the other guys. Canto had 26 carries for 261 yards. He was not going to be arm-tackled, which is Navasota's favorite tactic on defense. Hell, I think on a few of his touchdown runs, Navasota didn't even freakin touch him! He had a convoy of blockers on several runs, and Caldwell showed why they still deserve to be state ranked. Caldwell WILL advance to the playoffs, and if we can hold up our end of the deal next week and beat LaGrange, then the Hornets will get their rematch with Giddings. Great offensive showing for both teams, but turnovers killed the Rattlers (two fumbles, one interception). Hey Hornets, do you see why people gripe about our coach's play calling now?

Haunta Yo
11-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Caldwell was better prepared all the way around. Navasota was out coached. played, hussled, etc.... Thanks to the fans of Navasota. They really showed up tonight.

Good to know Navasota "out fanned" Caldwell.

Old Tiger
11-02-2007, 10:59 PM
And that is why Brenham doesn't play nastysota anymore :p

navscanmaster
11-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

Go away. Navasota guys, don't respond to that. Besides, it has nothing to do with the thread.:p

buff4life
11-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Did Navasota run more or pass more...

so to date Giddings is the only team to shut down Canto besides the UIL last year...

King_LeYoeNidas
11-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by buff4life

so to date Giddings is the only team to shut down Canto besides the UIL last year...

DAMN! :doh:

navscanmaster
11-02-2007, 11:10 PM

Balanced. Line on both sides of the ball got dominated though.

buff4life
11-02-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Balanced. Line on both sides of the ball got dominated though.

Navasota has two huge lineman and another lineman running the ball, no excuses...Navasota should run more than pass...if yall want the spread let them run a zone read with Stokes also, I guarantee Navasota had a bigger line than Caldwell...

navscanmaster
11-02-2007, 11:19 PM
Navasota has two huge lineman and another lineman running the ball, no excuses...Navasota should run more than pass...if yall want the spread let them run a zone read with Stokes also, I guarantee Navasota had a bigger line than Caldwell...

I don't know about that. Caldwell had some pretty big fired up boys on their line. Much quicker than our guys. Dexter toughed out 150 yards on 23 carries, and a lot of that was on his own. Coach Fedora telegraphs run when he goes to the spread-I, which is what I wish we stayed in. Fullback Thomas is a great blocker, and if we would use play action out of the I, the passing game would improve. But half of the throws were deep passes to #4 Brandall Jackson, and we only completed one. Two pass interference calls helped us, but I just never seem to be able to discover a "game plan" from Coach Fedora. With 4 minutes left down by fifteen, he ran three ISOs to Dexter in a row, and Caldwell stuffed them on 4th down.

orangeblood
11-03-2007, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
Good to know Navasota "out fanned" Caldwell.

Wouldn't be to sure about that, the fans on Caldwell's side were very loud, I noticed a lot of the Rattler fans exit the show early. And Navasota scored 2 touchdowns on us in about 2 min. So don't know why they were leaving early...

orangeblood
11-03-2007, 01:11 AM

Great Defensive scheme, still having nightmares.....

Stownhorse
11-03-2007, 04:15 AM
serving set rattler08....navasota go donkey punched.

Darren
11-03-2007, 05:06 AM
I was expecting a much closer game. Congrats to Caldwell.

navscanmaster
11-03-2007, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
serving set rattler08....navasota go donkey punched.

You know it would be just as easy to hop on every Sweetwater thread (half of them all) and trash them, but I live 300-400 miles away, so I don't feel like I have any business doing that. Don't know why you feel the need to do so either.

ProudHornetMom
11-03-2007, 09:25 AM
You know it would be just as easy to hop on every Sweetwater thread (half of them all) and trash them, but I live 300-400 miles away, so I don't feel like I have any business doing that. Don't know why you feel the need to do so either.

I with you on that Navscanmaster. :clap: He obviously wasn't at the game or he wouldn't make such a statement.

IMHO, Dexter Pratt is impressive and I felt should have been used more. He's hard to stop and fights like the dickens for extra yardage. I'd give the ball to him every chance I had and let him run. I'm also not sure that the Rattlers might do better with a huddle to call plays. There seemed to be some confusion on some of the calls...not bad but enough to slow momentum from one play to the next. The Rattlers definitely have speed, lots of speed....worrisome speed.

The Rattler stadium is impressive and Caldwell followed your recommendations and arrived early...very early.

Thanks for the congratulation posts for Caldwell. It was an exciting game and an important win for Caldwell. Our team did very well.

Rattlesnake_08
11-03-2007, 10:23 AM
I tell you what, I have to give props to Caldwell. Y'all were clearly the better team this time around. Well prepared on offense and had enough defense to win. Good job, and good luck in the playoffs.

Stownhorse
11-03-2007, 11:52 AM

I cant post in any thread I want to....besides your just booty hurt, dont take it out on me. I will start a thread for every non sweetwater poster to rip on sweetwater if you'd like? Wouldnt hurt my feelings.

rockdale80
11-03-2007, 12:08 PM
I wonder where all of the overzealous fans from Navasota are. They sure were talking a lot of crap....;)

Stownhorse
11-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I wonder where all of the overzealous fans from Navasota are. They sure were talking a lot of crap....;)

Yea, they scattered pretty quick lol

48minutes
11-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Congrats to Caldwell on the win. Seems that caldwell came out more prepared and with more intensity in this game. From watching both teams play, I had to pick Navasota. But I guess they only play at such a high level against Giddings, cause they looked GOOD against the Buffaloes. Once again, congrats to the Hornets.

Hornet Mom 2
11-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Congrats to our team! Way to go Hornets! It was a hard fought win against the Rattlers. Ya'll were well prepared and came out with the drive and intensity that has been in every game this year.

Look out Bellville...the Hornets are BRINGIN' THE STING to Hornet Stadium on Friday! Standing room only! :D

HEMOTOXIC
11-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Navasota fans are still here. At this point, we can't cry over spilled milk. We now must focus our attention to Friday and beating the Leopards of La Grange.
First of all, I must say that I was very impressed by Caldwell's Cantu. The Hornets really came to play last night. Once again, congrats to them on a well earned victory.
What still baffels me is how the Rattlers played a better defensive game against Giddings than they did against Caldwell. I will give Caldwell credit where it is due. However, I'm not sure if everyone on the Rattlers side were ready for this big game. This includes the coaches and players. Still, I'm not sure why the coaching staff is not using Pratt more. The Rattlers made a big impression this summer in the 7 on 7 competition. Yet, they still neglete to use Pratt as a receiver. For crying outloud, he probably has the best hands on the team. I do like that the Rattlers throw the ball, but I am still curious about the play calling on the offensive side of the ball. Additionally, someone mentioned how the Rattlers use a no huddle offense. I will agree that there seems to be a lot of confussion. In fact, Navasota used two timeouts in the first quarter while on offense. As everyone knows, the offense is not the problem, it is indeed the defense. After it is all said and done, I wish the Rattlers the very best. I hope that people don't confuse these words with complaining or negative anger towards Navasota. I will always support Rattlers sports. But, as a fan, I do have an opinion. Hopefully, we can get back on track and play the type of defense that the Rattlers are very capable of playing.....Once again, the fans did their part.:clap:

RattlerDude
11-03-2007, 10:49 PM
They got us this time but thats alright though. We are still going to the playoffs baby!

RattlerDude
11-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

shut up

LoveTheHornets
11-03-2007, 10:59 PM
I, too, expected a better game. I was seriously concerned when Navasota scored so early in the game. Also, it wasn't helpful that we lost a couple of players during the game to injuries.

I know we won, but am I allowed to complain about the penalty-calling? I know, I know, no one likes the refs when they are throwing the flag against their team!

rockdale80
11-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Navasota fans are still here. At this point, we can't cry over spilled milk. We now must focus our attention to Friday and beating the Leopards of La Grange.
First of all, I must say that I was very impressed by Caldwell's Cantu. The Hornets really came to play last night. Once again, congrats to them on a well earned victory.
What still baffels me is how the Rattlers played a better defensive game against Giddings than they did against Caldwell. I will give Caldwell credit where it is due. However, I'm not sure if everyone on the Rattlers side were ready for this big game. This includes the coaches and players. Still, I'm not sure why the coaching staff is not using Pratt more. The Rattlers made a big impression this summer in the 7 on 7 competition. Yet, they still neglete to use Pratt as a receiver. For crying outloud, he probably has the best hands on the team. I do like that the Rattlers throw the ball, but I am still curious about the play calling on the offensive side of the ball. Additionally, someone mentioned how the Rattlers use a no huddle offense. I will agree that there seems to be a lot of confussion. In fact, Navasota used two timeouts in the first quarter while on offense. As everyone knows, the offense is not the problem, it is indeed the defense. After it is all said and done, I wish the Rattlers the very best. I hope that people don't confuse these words with complaining or negative anger towards Navasota. I will always support Rattlers sports. But, as a fan, I do have an opinion. Hopefully, we can get back on track and play the type of defense that the Rattlers are very capable of playing.....Once again, the fans did their part.:clap:

Umm....not really. I havent heard a peep out of some of the ones that were running their mouths before the game. There is a difference in being a fan that supports their team, and being an overzealous idiot that makes an arse out of themselves....

buff4life
11-04-2007, 12:07 PM
I don't know about that. Caldwell had some pretty big fired up boys on their line. Much quicker than our guys. Dexter toughed out 150 yards on 23 carries, and a lot of that was on his own. Coach Fedora telegraphs run when he goes to the spread-I, which is what I wish we stayed in. Fullback Thomas is a great blocker, and if we would use play action out of the I, the passing game would improve. But half of the throws were deep passes to #4 Brandall Jackson, and we only completed one. Two pass interference calls helped us, but I just never seem to be able to discover a "game plan" from Coach Fedora. With 4 minutes left down by fifteen, he ran three ISOs to Dexter in a row, and Caldwell stuffed them on 4th down.

they may have been quicker, but they were not "big" in any standards to your line...if they LOOK big its because they have big shoulder pads and a neck roll...

ProudHornetMom
11-04-2007, 12:11 PM
The line may not be bigger but they are strong. No one is wearing any larger shoulder pads and only one player wears a neck roll. Geez...

buff4life
11-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
The line may not be bigger but they are strong. No one is wearing any larger shoulder pads and only one player wears a neck roll. Geez...

i was not saying they wear larger shoulder pads than other teams..but lineman pad are LARGER than other players shoulder pads, therefore making them look bad

navscanmaster
11-04-2007, 05:28 PM
i was not saying they wear larger shoulder pads than other teams..but lineman pad are LARGER than other players shoulder pads, therefore making them look bad

Notice I also said fired up. They played with a lot of intensity. Running backs with Canto's size aren't supposed to play like him, but he runs VERY hard, VERY intense, and as a result, won't be stopped by a defense that is not determined to stop him. They played against a Navasota line that is bigger in stature and pounds, but don't play every down with intensity. When a team gets it in their head that they will not allow ONE MORE YARD, and the fans are going nuts on their feet, it brings their level of play up.

ProudHornetMom
11-04-2007, 06:04 PM

I know lineman pads are larger. I thought you meant our lineman pads were larger than Navasota's pads and though good grief. Thanks for clarifying your post. ;)

buff4life
11-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
I know lineman pads are larger. I thought you meant our lineman pads were larger than Navasota's pads and though good grief. Thanks for clarifying your post. ;)

No Prob :cool:

buff4ever
11-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Well, I am impressed that navasota didn't give up when they fell behind. It would have been really easy to think they couldn't stop caldwell and just lay down after that.

Game in LG to be bigger than expected.

State_In_08
11-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by orangeblood
Wouldn't be to sure about that, the fans on Caldwell's side were very loud, I noticed a lot of the Rattler fans exit the show early. And Navasota scored 2 touchdowns on us in about 2 min. So don't know why they were leaving early...

I was on the Navasota side and didn't notice anyone leavng except in the last two minutes of the game, which at that point it was 44-29.

State_In_08
11-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Sorry I took so long to post my opinion on this game, maybe making it look like I was hiding from the board, but I had a baseball tournament this weekend and didn't get the opportunity to post.

So, anyways, on to the game. Hats off to Caldwell, they were just flat out the better team. Xavier Canto and Farrin Sims are both extraordinary running backs, and we had trouble stopping both. I do have to say that Canto was a lot thicker than I expected him to be... I pictured a quick, shifty guy to go along with a big, strong Farrin Sims, yet I got two very thick and hard to take down RBs in which one (Canto) was faster than the other. That's pretty much all I have on that.

I'll tell all you fellow Navasota fans like I told a couple of my boys that play... From here on out, every game we play is going to be the biggest game we've ever played. La Grange matters more than any game this year so far, and after that, the pressure only builds.