PDA

View Full Version : Vernon 17 Graham 10 Final (nt)

jlwttu
11-02-2007, 09:56 PM
no text

3afan
11-02-2007, 10:15 PM
:clap:

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-02-2007, 10:31 PM
YES!!!!! GO VERNON, I WANTED THIS GREATLY

Cameron Crazy
11-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Vernon played a good game, we just couldnt get anything going.

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy

Yeah, I wish I would of went on to it but I backed out.:mad: :mad:

Cameron Crazy
11-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
Yeah, I wish I would of went on to it but I backed out.:mad: :mad: There were about 6 or 7 down low posters there.

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-02-2007, 10:43 PM
There were about 6 or 7 down low posters there.

Dang, I should of went

RMAC
11-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Dang, I should of went

From what Hops told me, it was a great game and well worth the drive. Congrats to the Lions.

Lion92
11-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Vernon's D was great in this game and the offense was pretty good against a stiff Graham D. Vernon played the last quarter and a half without two of their best players when both Ray Daniels and Craig Whiteside went down.

Great win for the Lions.

Lion92
11-02-2007, 11:10 PM
On a side note midway through the 4th qtr. three or four idiots from Graham made their way to the front of the press box on the visitors side and tried to start a little trouble. It was a truely classless display, but they left pretty quickly after the trunover on downs sealed the Vernon win.

Tromboneking
11-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Wow...I am shocked, but Vernon did what they needed to do to win. Ok, now with that said, let me say this...Graham is still a better team than Vernon. Graham shot themselves in the foot. Here is what is killing the Steers right now:

1. TURNOVERS!!! Graham had the ball inside Vernon's 10 3 times tonight and turned the ball over all three times. Once on the 7 and once on the 2. Had Graham executed and scored, we are talking 31 to 10. But we can if and but all night...Graham didn't hold on to the ball. On top of that McCot threw at least 2 pics. If we don't stop the TO's we are in big trouble.

2. Case McCoy is a good QB...not a great one yet, and that is due to inexperience. The kid is a soph. and plays like one. By the time he is a Sr...watch out.

3. GHS did a good job of stopping the run, tonight it was the passing that got us.

I still expect Graham to make a good run in the playoff...we just got to hold on to the stinkin ball....

Snyder_TigerFan
11-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Lion92
On a side note midway through the 4th qtr. three or four idiots from Graham made their way to the front of the press box on the visitors side and tried to start a little trouble.

It's a well known fact that KTA sits on the visitor's side.:thinking: :thinking:

Who-dun-it!!?
11-02-2007, 11:20 PM
:thinking:

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-03-2007, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Tromboneking
Wow...I am shocked, but Vernon did what they needed to do to win. Ok, now with that said, let me say this...Graham is still a better team than Vernon. Graham shot themselves in the foot. Here is what is killing the Steers right now:

1. TURNOVERS!!! Graham had the ball inside Vernon's 10 3 times tonight and turned the ball over all three times. Once on the 7 and once on the 2. Had Graham executed and scored, we are talking 31 to 10. But we can if and but all night...Graham didn't hold on to the ball. On top of that McCot threw at least 2 pics. If we don't stop the TO's we are in big trouble.

2. Case McCoy is a good QB...not a great one yet, and that is due to inexperience. The kid is a soph. and plays like one. By the time he is a Sr...watch out.

3. GHS did a good job of stopping the run, tonight it was the passing that got us.

I still expect Graham to make a good run in the playoff...we just got to hold on to the stinkin ball....

I disagree. Vernon IS the better team. Did you forget about when Vernon fumbled on the 1 as we were going in for a TD? Or when we turned it over on the 30? Or when we caught the ball on a kickoff at our 5 and the kids knee went down. We had terrible field position all night.

Vernon drove the entire field twice. Vernon also put pressure on the QB when he threw that interception in the endzone. It was a good game, but Vernon played better than Graham.

Don't even think you can come on here and say that Graham is better because they are not.

Vernon is the district champ.

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
:thinking:
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

lion75
11-03-2007, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Tromboneking

that's a joke. Get the Wichita Falls paper tomorrow and check out the stats. Vernon had a 91 yard drive and an 80 yard drive. You are not telling the truth. We all met at the scoreboard and talked about how you wouldn't show up.
I still expect Graham to make a good run in the playoff...we just got to hold on to the stinkin ball.... That's not true at all.

GWOOD
11-03-2007, 12:56 AM
...Graham is still a better team than Vernon. Graham shot themselves in the foot. Here is what is killing the Steers right now: TURNOVERS!!! Graham had the ball inside Vernon's 10 3 times tonight and turned the ball over all three times. Once on the 7 and once on the 2. Had Graham executed and scored, we are talking 31 to 10. But we can if and but all night...Graham didn't hold on to the ball. On top of that McCot threw at least 2 pics. If we don't stop the TO's we are in big trouble.

Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I disagree. Vernon IS the better team. Did you forget about when Vernon fumbled on the 1 as we were going in for a TD? Or when we turned it over on the 30? Or when we caught the ball on a kickoff at our 5 and the kids knee went down. We had terrible field position all night.

Vernon drove the entire field twice. Vernon also put pressure on the QB when he threw that interception in the endzone. It was a good game, but Vernon played better than Graham.

Don't even think you can come on here and say that Graham is better because they are not.

Vernon is the district champ.

LOL. When I read that first statement from the Graham poster I wondered "and how many times could Vernon had said 'if only...'

I'm always amazed at how teams who lose talk about their 'if only's' and never mention the opponents 'if only's".

charlesrixey
11-03-2007, 01:07 AM
YES!!!!! GO VERNON, I WANTED THIS GREATLY

because?

maybe you'll get your chance to play either one in the playoffs

but i still think both are 14-17 points better than snyder at this point

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-03-2007, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
because?

Because, but congrats to both teams, you both played hard.

mchavez
11-03-2007, 01:19 AM
Where are all the Graham fans now? I dont hear ya'll talking anymore! If i can recall before the lions played breckenridge the graham fans were ranting about how vernon is overrated! It's good that they shut up for once!

pirate4state
11-03-2007, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by mchavez
Where are all the Graham fans now? I dont hear ya'll talking anymore! If i can recall before the lions played breckenridge the graham fans were ranting about how vernon is overrated! It's good that they shut up for once! well their most vocal fan said he wouldn't come back if they lost (a bet) so there ya go!

Dominicfrank
11-03-2007, 01:39 AM
This was a great game that was won by Vernon's QB. He was a spark plug that Graham just had no answer for. Graham has a nice team but they are a far better run team than passing. Thier passing game was not at all impressive but it did its purpose which it set up the run. McCoy just isnt ready yet but teams seem to fear him. Vernon is a better team but they are both very good. KTA COME BACK !!!!!!!!

Dominicfrank
11-03-2007, 02:01 AM
There were a lot of important moments in this game but Graham got lucky on a few plays. Biggest ones were the no call on intential gronding on the vernon sideline on 3 and 7. If Graham gets that frst down after that we are talking a tigher last few minutes. Terrible no call. Second was a huge interception that defelected off the graham reciever. Vernon caught that ball clearly and the ref right in front of the play (5 feet) called Vernon ball and the back judge fro 30 yards comes in a calls it an incomplete pass? That was weird !!! In the first quater there was a pass interference call on Vernon on a 3rd down play that lead to points for Graham that was a VERY VERY close call, again it was the same back judge who called it from 30 yards away and the ref right in front of the play didnt call anything and was waiving incomplete pass. Trend going here? A couple obervations: Vernon is better, they went TO Graham and beat them with two MAJOR pieces missing for almost the entire second half. The best player on the field was Vernon's #11. He was just at another level. Sparks is a good player and was in on almost every tackle but when it was mano y mano Sparks was just not fast or quick enough to keep up. I do think he is good though just not at Williams level which was very evident. Graham is a running team who acts like a passing team to set up the run. If I was playing Graham I would pack the box and dare, the way too young, McCoy to beat me. He is wild and just throws the ball up. Graham will get shut out or close to it if any decent trys this against them. I do think McCoy has a chance to be good but it is 50/50. Number 8 looked good but never got the ball. #2 for Graham was a very smart runner, liked him a lot. He's Graham best player followed by Sparks, then #8 then McCoy. I thought Graham was vERY classy waiting for Vernon to hear their school sign at the end of the game. Very Very impressive. Also you could tell both teams kind of knew this game was a game of two very good teams that could very easily meet again.

Stownhorse
11-03-2007, 04:08 AM
OVERRATED! but Graham is better than snyder. Dont bring up that sweetwater sux snyder fans cuz I already know that. Good game to both teams!

SteersFootball
11-03-2007, 06:06 AM
Sounded like the game was won by turnovers. Good job Vernon. Either way I don't ride bandwagons and will always support the Graham Steers. Mabye this loss is a good thing to make them realize if there not on there best game at all times they can be beat. Now we gotta go back to work and get ready for Burk. Wish I could be home to see all these games.

Tromboneking
11-03-2007, 06:08 AM
Please don't misunderstand. Yes, Vernon had it's share of turnovers and mistakes, and I know I can if and and all night. Point is Vernon got it done. Plain and simple. Does it make them a better team. Last Friday night yes...In the long run? Don't know...Is Appalachain State a better team in the long run than Michigan? Nope...but they were better the first college week.

Congrats Vernon ....and I still support my steers 100 %

Lion92
11-03-2007, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
This was a great game that was won by Vernon's QB. He was a spark plug that Graham just had no answer for. Graham has a nice team but they are a far better run team than passing. Thier passing game was not at all impressive but it did its purpose which it set up the run. McCoy just isnt ready yet but teams seem to fear him. Vernon is a better team but they are both very good. KTA COME BACK !!!!!!!!

I completely agree, Graham moved the ball much more effectively from the "I" than from the spread. Outside of two passes McCoy was pretty much a non-factor, the tailback #2 kept Graham in this game. It makes you wonder if McCoy wasn't the coaches kid would Graham be a predominantly running team, there is no doubt they looked better running than they did passing. Or maybe Vernon's D is just that good.

BILLYFRED0000
11-03-2007, 08:30 AM

I think Graham plays great D but Vernon proved that the O is a work in progress.
Way to Go Lions......:clap: :clap: :clap:

BILLYFRED0000
11-03-2007, 08:51 AM
And for all you guys that say Graham shot themselves in the foot try this. Great teams do not shoot themselves in the foot. Good teams make mistakes but find ways to win. Teams on the verge of being good lose. Graham is not better than Vernon unless they win that game. It comes down to winning the game. Graham is supposed to be the better team. But until they win they are not.

lion75
11-03-2007, 09:02 AM
My wife, daughter and I went to Whataburger after the game and ended up sitting at a booth next to Sparks and some of the other players. They asked if we were from Vernon. They were obviously dejected but nonetheless extremely polite. They seemed like great kids. Sparks is the real deal. I've seen him play two years in a row and he is everywhere.

BILLYFRED0000
11-03-2007, 09:48 AM
IN the end this really proves that Region 1 d2 does not have an elite team that can stand apart. Many really good teams and I like the fact that Vernon is one of them.

DaHop72
11-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Wow, what a game. Even worth getting in at 2:30 I guess. :D

Neutral observation. Both teams have a very good running attack, neither defense really shut down the others running game. #2 for Graham is a good hard running back, I think I heard on the radio he ran for 160+ yards, #8 is a very good receiver who once McCoy threw the pick that was returned for a touchdown never saw the ball again to speak of.:thinking: McCoy threw the ball okay in the first half but was a complete non factor in the second half. Turnovers were costly but are part of the game, the first was underthrown and the second in the endzone was thrown behind the receiver. Graham will make some noise in the playoffs.

#11 for Vernon is a hoss, he ran the option offense nearly to perfection for Vernon. He is a very hard runner and definetely won the battle throwing the ball. He can drop back and throw or roll out and throw on the run. On one play he was flushed from the pocket and threw a rocket on the run to his receiver about 40 yards downfield for a completion. #22 and #32 who started both spent nearly the entire second half trying to shake off injuries to go back in and were not able to. At the end of the game #46 was a battering ram in Vernon's next to the last possesion taking time on the clock 3 and 4 yards at a whack. Vernon to will make noise in the playoffs.

A great game between two very good teams. None of the turnovers were cheap, they were caused by hard hitting and by pressure on the QB.

Once again good to meet those at the half, kept waiting on RWB to show would have liked to have met her. As to Frankie, how did I know you wouldn't show your face.:thinking:

lion75
11-03-2007, 10:16 AM
One of the players from Vernon that has been crucial to their success the last few weeks and even going back to last year has been WR Justin David. He was probably the games mvp vs. Burkburnett. Against Graham, he made a crucial 3rd down catch to get Vernon away from their own goal line early in the game with Vernon already down 3-0. That started a 91 yd drive for TD. He made some other important catches and has seemed to deliver when we need it most. My hats off to him.

DaHop72
11-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by lion75
One of the players from Vernon that has been crucial to their success the last few weeks and even going back to last year has been WR Justin David. He was probably the games mvp vs. Burkburnett. Against Graham, he made a crucial 3rd down catch to get Vernon away from their own goal line early in the game with Vernon already down 3-0. That started a 91 yd drive for TD. He made some other important catches and has seemed to deliver when we need it most. My hats off to him. Must be #5, he had a couple of very crucial catches that got the Lions out of a hole.:thumbsup:

Dominicfrank
11-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72

Neutral observation. Both teams have a very good running attack, neither defense really shut down the others running game. #2 for Graham is a good hard running back, I think I heard on the radio he ran for 160+ yards, #8 is a very good receiver who once McCoy threw the pick that was returned for a touchdown never saw the ball again to speak of.:thinking: McCoy threw the ball okay in the first half but was a complete non factor in the second half. Turnovers were costly but are part of the game, the first was underthrown and the second in the endzone was thrown behind the receiver. Graham will make some noise in the playoffs.

#11 for Vernon is a hoss, he ran the option offense nearly to perfection for Vernon. He is a very hard runner and definetely won the battle throwing the ball. He can drop back and throw or roll out and throw on the run. On one play he was flushed from the pocket and threw a rocket on the run to his receiver about 40 yards downfield for a completion. #22 and #32 who started both spent nearly the entire second half trying to shake off injuries to go back in and were not able to. At the end of the game #46 was a battering ram in Vernon's next to the last possesion taking time on the clock 3 and 4 yards at a whack. Vernon to will make noise in the playoffs.

A great game between two very good teams. None of the turnovers were cheap, they were caused by hard hitting and by pressure on the QB.

Once again good to meet those at the half, kept waiting on RWB to show would have liked to have met her. As to Frankie, how did I know you wouldn't show your face.:thinking:

I am a closet loser, I can't show my face as a 30 something who still goes to his high school football games. Although West Texas football fans would be ok with me and my Vernon HS football addiction but the rest of the world wouldnt and I just cant afford that. So I will continue to go to games as a big fan and meet with all the family friends that are at the game. i grew up 99% of the way but I cant be lumped in to the other guys my age who never got out of town.

pirate4state
11-03-2007, 10:46 AM
I am a closet loser, I can't show my face as a 30 something who still goes to his high school football games. Although West Texas football fans would be ok with me and my Vernon HS football addiction but the rest of the world wouldnt and I just cant afford that. So I will continue to go to games as a big fan and meet with all the family friends that are at the game. i grew up 99% of the way but I cant be lumped in to the other guys my age who never got out of town.

wow

lion75
11-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Must be #5, he had a couple of very crucial catches that got the Lions out of a hole.:thumbsup: yes, #5

DaHop72
11-03-2007, 10:51 AM
I am a closet loser, I can't show my face as a 30 something who still goes to his high school football games. Although West Texas football fans would be ok with me and my Vernon HS football addiction but the rest of the world wouldnt and I just cant afford that. So I will continue to go to games as a big fan and meet with all the family friends that are at the game. i grew up 99% of the way but I cant be lumped in to the other guys my age who never got out of town. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Whatever.

Dominicfrank
11-03-2007, 11:02 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Whatever.

We all know the guys I am referring to. No kids in the program but never could make it in the real world after football was over in HS. I think for the most part there are proud parents on here who are awesome, many dont like me for being blunt and por attempts at humor, but they have a vested interest in the games.

DaHop72
11-03-2007, 11:04 AM
We all know the guys I am referring to. No kids in the program but never could make it in the real world after football was over in HS. I think for the most part there are proud parents on here who are awesome, many dont like me for being blunt and por attempts at humor, but they have a vested interest in the games. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

R3Editor
11-03-2007, 11:06 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
It sounds like he's concerned that someone might find out who he is after running his mouth. :thinking:

DaHop72
11-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by R3Editor
It sounds like he's concerned that someone might find out who he is after running his mouth. :thinking: You think.:D :D

Dominicfrank
11-03-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by R3Editor
It sounds like he's concerned that someone might find out who he is after running his mouth. :thinking:

My name is my handle smart guy, there has only been one Dominic in Vernon as far as I know. If I was too concerned a out being outed I would have picked a different handle.

VWG
11-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Sounded like a good battle, and I knew this would be a low scoring game.
4 fumbles for Vernon, lost 2 4 fumbles for Graham, lost 1
2 HUGE picks by Vernon
If the RB from Graham had 177 yards on the night..... why didn't the Steers feed him the ball more?
And... if #11 Miller is so good, and I think he is, why didn't he start last year at QB? Wasn't that guy's name Miller as well?

I agree with DaHop that both of these teams "should" make some noise in the playoffs. Sounds like Graham needs to work on their play calling up in the coaches box. If your young QB is struggling and you have a running game that is effective....... well you get my meaning.

Dominicfrank
11-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by VWG
2 HUGE picks by Vernon
If the RB from Graham had 177 yards on the night..... why didn't the Steers feed him the ball more?
And... if #11 Miller is so good, and I think he is, why didn't he start last year at QB? Wasn't that guy's name Miller as well?

I agree with DaHop that both of these teams "should" make some noise in the playoffs. Sounds like Graham needs to work on their play calling up in the coaches box. If your young QB is struggling and you have a running game that is effective....... well you get my meaning.

You bring up a dicey subject about last year. Everyone knew that Williams was better. She shold have been starting as a Soph when he split time at the beginning of the year. Still a mystery why coach didnt let him play.

BILLYFRED0000
11-03-2007, 11:29 AM
You bring up a dicey subject about last year. Everyone knew that Williams was better. She shold have been starting as a Soph when he split time at the beginning of the year. Still a mystery why coach didnt let him play.

I wondered about that too. I saw an early game last year and thought he was better. Maybe coach went with experience but I thought the kid was good.

Ranger Mom
11-03-2007, 11:33 AM
I am a closet loser, I can't show my face as a 30 something who still goes to his high school football games.

OMG!!! There's an age limit?????

OOPS!!! :eek:

lion75
11-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I wondered about that too. I saw an early game last year and thought he was better. Maybe coach went with experience but I thought the kid was good. He had a little bit of trouble taking care of the ball before. He is doing a good job of that now.

R3Editor
11-03-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

:doh: :doh: Who knew?

VWG
11-03-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by lion75
My wife, daughter and I went to Whataburger after the game and ended up sitting at a booth next to Sparks and some of the other players. They asked if we were from Vernon. They were obviously dejected but nonetheless extremely polite. They seemed like great kids. Sparks is the real deal. I've seen him play two years in a row and he is everywhere.

More kids, coaches, parents need to learn to be humble when you win, and be gracious when you lose. Looks like you ran into a few of those that have learned this.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by VWG
2 HUGE picks by Vernon

Graham's RB broke several very long runs. He is not fast -- it was good blocking that got him through the hole and then he was a haas to bring down. I bet his average was about 9 yards per carry. The bad news was that he would run for 1 or 2 yards when he wasn't breaking a 30 yarder. So Graham would pass when they were in a long situation and not pick it up. I would have kept running him though. No need to pass.

Vernon has been good against the pass this year, but not so good against the run. But they usually do the bend but don't break style (although they broke several times last night and thus Graham's points). The defense did hold Graham out close on the goal line until the fumble and they also forced the Steers to go out on a 4th down.

Vernon's offense did well tonight against a talented Graham defense. The Lions mixed it up well and #11 Williams did very well.

That was a great game last night.

Stownhorse
11-03-2007, 11:47 AM

Sounds like the teams I described before.

My Quote from Reg. 1 GOTW

Yea thats what everyone said last year when we met them in the playoffs and we got rolled.

Watch out for their QB, he is slicker than snot. Reminds me of a right handed Vick pre-conviction.

And the Graham you described sounds just like the Graham that I saw against Greenwood in week 0 or 1. They scored all their points off of running in the 1st half and couldnt throw a lick in the 2nd half.

pirate4state
11-03-2007, 11:50 AM
We all know the guys I am referring to. No kids in the program but never could make it in the real world after football was over in HS. Are you referring to yourself here?

BILLYFRED0000
11-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Are you referring to yourself here?

Well I know what he means. There are always the "glory boys". But I don't mind going back to see them. It is always good to see the guys and talk football.

DaHop72
11-03-2007, 01:42 PM
You bring up a dicey subject about last year. Everyone knew that Williams was better. She shold have been starting as a Soph when he split time at the beginning of the year. Still a mystery why coach didnt let him play. She:thinking: :thinking:

DaHop72
11-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by VWG
If your young QB is struggling and you have a running game that is effective....... well you get my meaning. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

rundoe
11-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

questions? What is a closet oser? and what age limit are wea talking about?

Ya'll have lost me.

I don't hide from people and I have offended quite a few. (Guess I am whats know as out-spoken). Apoloigized to some,when I was wrong and told others , well I can't say it here, lol

JasonTX
11-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Biggest ones were the no call on intential gronding on the vernon sideline on 3 and 7.

Second was a huge interception that defelected off the graham reciever. Vernon caught that ball clearly and the ref right in front of the play (5 feet) called Vernon ball and the back judge fro 30 yards comes in a calls it an incomplete pass? That was weird !!!

In the first quater there was a pass interference call on Vernon on a 3rd down play that lead to points for Graham that was a VERY VERY close call, again it was the same back judge who called it from 30 yards away and the ref right in front of the play didnt call anything and was waiving incomplete pass.

Just a couple of comments from an officiating perspective. No, I wasn't officiating this game but I was there and talked with the crew.
1. I also thought a flag would have been thrown on the intentional grounding. The conference the two officials had was whether or not the contact the Vernon defender had caused the ball to not make it to the line of scrimmage. In the end the Referee judged that the defender contact caused the ball to land where it did.

2. Just a nit pick on who made what call. On the interferception. The back judge didn't overturn the call as both the line judge and back judge thought it was an interception. Another official on the crew was the one that determined the ball had skipped off the ground. Either way it was close call and by rule, "When in doubt the pass is incomplete."

3. Another nit pick so that the wrong official isn't blamed. The back judge wasn't the one that flagged the pass interference, it was the headlinesman. I thought it was a good call.

Good job by Vernon. They took advantage of everything that Graham gave them.

Dominicfrank
11-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by JasonTX
Just a couple of comments from an officiating perspective. No, I wasn't officiating this game but I was there and talked with the crew.
1. I also thought a flag would have been thrown on the intentional grounding. The conference the two officials had was whether or not the contact the Vernon defender had caused the ball to not make it to the line of scrimmage. In the end the Referee judged that the defender contact caused the ball to land where it did.

2. Just a nit pick on who made what call. On the interferception. The back judge didn't overturn the call as both the line judge and back judge thought it was an interception. Another official on the crew was the one that determined the ball had skipped off the ground. Either way it was close call and by rule, "When in doubt the pass is incomplete."

3. Another nit pick so that the wrong official isn't blamed. The back judge wasn't the one that flagged the pass interference, it was the headlinesman. I thought it was a good call.

Good job by Vernon. They took advantage of everything that Graham gave them.

You are right, I was refeering the the heads linesmen when i said the back judge. He was the furthest ref from the play which is was mainly my point. The interception no call was terrible and all of my complaints were hotly contested by the Vernon coaching staff. It is not everyday you see that many potential calls go against the same team. When it does happen you have to wonder or at least bring it up. Thanks for the comments though it clears up at least what the ref's were claiming. Also not trying to be mean but Vernon TOOK Graham did not give.

Wolf Playa
11-04-2007, 06:14 PM
So who will it be Vernon against Dalhart? or Graham vs Dalhart?

Matthew328
11-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Graham vs. Dalhart

RedWhiteBlue
11-05-2007, 10:34 AM
I saw where someone asked where all the Graham fans were now- well I was at the game on Friday (was without internet all weekend- urrrgggggghhhhhhh)..... until way after the school song was sung. It was a great game and both teams played a good game- Vernon just played better (uuuurrrrgggggghhhhhh!) And I was not happy!!! If you payed for your ticket, you definitely got your moneys worth!!!
I look forward to seeing how well both teams do in the playoffs- I think they will all represent our district well. Good luck to the Lions and the rest of your season.

DaHop72
11-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
I saw where someone asked where all the Graham fans were now- well I was at the game on Friday (was without internet all weekend- urrrgggggghhhhhhh)..... until way after the school song was sung. It was a great game and both teams played a good game- Vernon just played better (uuuurrrrgggggghhhhhh!) And I was not happy!!! If you payed for your ticket, you definitely got your moneys worth!!!
I look forward to seeing how well both teams do in the playoffs- I think they will all represent our district well. Good luck to the Lions and the rest of your season. We missed meeting you at the half.:(

RedWhiteBlue
11-05-2007, 11:06 AM
We missed meeting you at the half.:(
Sorry- as KTA would say..... I am one of those that "hide" behind my screen name!! But I did see you guys hanging out over there. Besides all you need is an old lady hanging out with you to cramp your style! I don't know if I would of been great company anyway.

Ranger Mom
11-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Sorry- as KTA would say..... I am one of those that "hide" behind my screen name!! But I did see you guys hanging out over there. Besides all you need is an old lady hanging out with you to cramp your style! I don't know if I would of been great company anyway.

Now now....they let this "old lady" cramp their style all the time!! (They are really nice about it too!!)