PDA

View Full Version : Sinton vs Aransas Pass

piratebg
11-02-2007, 08:48 PM
AP is up 6-0 at the half. That's all I got so far on this one.

SintonFan
11-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the update piratebg.
Go Pirates!!! Get after it in the 2nd half!

CueroGobblers
11-02-2007, 09:52 PM
A.P HAS 6 AND ITS INT 4TH QUARTER

piratebg
11-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Still 6-0 with less than a minute left was the last update I got. Sinton has the ball. Don't know where.

piratebg
11-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Sinton scored with 7 seconds left and missed EPA. Game is in overtime.

44INAROW
11-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Sinton scored with 7 seconds left and missed EPA. Game is in overtime.

wow - what an exciting "ending"..

piratebg
11-02-2007, 10:16 PM
And for some reason, my contact decided to leave the game so we'll have to sit and wait for the final score.

R4Editor
11-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Final
AP 13 Sinton 6

piratebg
11-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Well that sucks.

44INAROW
11-02-2007, 10:33 PM
good game both teams........

pirate4state
11-03-2007, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
good game both teams........

are you sure? ;) LOL

this stinks! i don't even know the last team Sinton has NOT won a single district game! :speech: :(

District303aPastPlayer
11-03-2007, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
are you sure? ;) LOL

this stinks! i don't even know the last team Sinton has NOT won a single district game! :speech: :(
Pre-97...

piratebg
11-03-2007, 01:39 AM
It could be worse. We could have no wins instead of one win. Let's try to be a little optimistic here. :)

Ranger354
11-03-2007, 08:39 AM
If I remember correctly in 1980 we went 0-9-1. I think we tied Calallen 13 to 13 or 18 to 18. Somthing like that. Maybe, I have slept since then.

Wonder if Allen has contacted a moving company yet?

SINTON81
11-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Ranger354
If I remember correctly in 1980 we went 0-9-1. I think we tied Calallen 13 to 13 or 18 to 18. Somthing like that. Maybe, I have slept since then.

In 1980 it was 0-10. 0-12 if you count the two scrimmages.:(:(

R4Editor
11-03-2007, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by SINTON81
In 1980 it was 0-10. 0-12 if you count the two scrimmages.:(:( That was the 4A years and '82 Pirates make the playoffs in 4A under coach Mike Crow.

pirate4state
11-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Ranger354
Wonder if Allen has contacted a moving company yet?

Why would he??? I don't know why yall expected a miracle in his first year? :rolleyes: I predicted to a few people that we'd end the season 1-9 or 2-8. Looks like 1-9.

We'll be fine next year, but Coach Allen and his staff have done the best they could with what they had to work with!

District303aPastPlayer
11-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Why would he??? I don't know why yall expected a miracle in his first year? :rolleyes: I predicted to a few people that we'd end the season 1-9 or 2-8. Looks like 1-9.

We'll be fine next year, but Coach Allen and his staff have done the best they could with what they had to work with!

do you think they should actually start some form of discipline next year? because from what i understand, they don't run the kids or anything like that...

maroonpunt
11-03-2007, 12:15 PM
This is what we get for hiring a puppet. That is what was wanted, the old supt hired what he was told to get,and that is what we got.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Pirates had some good kids to work with but a new coach and at times the players looked lost. Easier to play the game when you know the plays and know your assignments. To me it looked like they could have won a few more games and even though the record doesn't it show I think he will turn the program around to what us fans are use to seeing.

piratebg
11-03-2007, 07:06 PM
I'm not a fan of the offensive scheme. This years team is smaller and don't look as strong as years past. Do they still hit the weights? Their tackling skills are horrible. The team lacks depth. Did they have a lot of players quit or what? There really hasn't been a lot of excitement over in Pirate country in a while. :(

FrmSTx
11-03-2007, 08:00 PM
There are some great coaches in Sinton...All programs go in cycles...the Schedule the last two years has killed Sinton. No one would play them, and the ex sup would not let them travel. They had to settle for 4 4As and a powerhouse 3A for a predistrict schedule. While the likes of OG and Mathis played the Banquete and other 2As? Moral is a huge part of winnnig games, and after you have been beat down, its hard to come back.

If they are able to get a weaker predistrict schedule and gain a little confidence, they will be fine. I predict another run for a district championship next year in Sinton

piratebg
11-03-2007, 08:29 PM
A relative on the JV squad said that Allen is not going to change the predistrict schedule for next year. Here's hoping.

R4Editor
11-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
A relative on the JV squad said that Allen is not going to change the predistrict schedule for next year. Here's hoping. sounds like he wants payback?

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by maroonpunt
This is what we get for hiring a puppet. That is what was wanted, the old supt hired what he was told to get,and that is what we got.
I may be way off base here, but it's my opinion that the other choice might have achieved roughly the same success this season as Coach Allen. It's beyond me why people don't understand that down years happen once in a while. I know many Sintonites anticipated it this year, so to blame it on ANY coach is ludicrous. And sometimes, coaches just know when it's time to move on. I'm not saying that's why Mitchell left because I don't know, but sometimes opportunities are there that make sense.

pirate4state
11-04-2007, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by maroonpunt
This is what we get for hiring a puppet. That is what was wanted, the old supt hired what he was told to get,and that is what we got. oh please! where were you all season? now that it's over you come back talking noise? :hand:

Ranger354
11-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Its called Football Basics 101:

Teach them to Block.........
Teach them to Catch........
Teach them that NO one gets past them in Pass Coverage........

Too many times all three of these items killed this team.

These boys have played their hears out!!!!!!!! But they need to be taught the basics............

If you can't coach the Basics then you can't expect to win.

And as a fan, it is always easy to criticize from the bleachers!!!!!!

Johnny Utah
11-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Ranger is correct. Teach the basics. I am sure the coaches in Sinton do just as all coaches do every where in the State. I would suggest Ranger get a coaching degree and help them out.

Lombardi
11-04-2007, 05:00 PM
there was time earlier in the year when many rockdale fans were hammering on their coach..... and look what they accomplished in the 2nd half of the season...

Buccaneer
11-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Lombardi
there was time earlier in the year when many rockdale fans were hammering on their coach..... and look what they accomplished in the 2nd half of the season...

Sounds like hammering works!

Ranger354
11-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Johnny, I make too much money to take a pay cut and coach. I also don't have the patients it takes to coach or to be a teacher for that matter.

I am intitled to my opinion, and last I looked that is what this web site was for. I am by no means bashing anyone, just stating my opinion.

Get over it!

FrmSTx
11-05-2007, 03:29 AM
Ranger,
I know for a fact that those kids have been taught the basics since they were in JH. Places go in Cycles. Those kids know how to block and tackle, just couldn't get things rolling because of strength of schedule. They have had two years in a row of physical football, from schools with over twice the enrollment of Sinton.

And your right, you would probably have to take a pay cut to coach. Coaches don't coach for the money. they do it because they love kids and because they still love to compete. some of them even drop over $125 grand on a BS in Mathematics with an emphasis in Computer Science at a prestigious University, but along the way say, "hey, I really would rather keep winning football games than do this C++ crap."

So, don't try to put down a coach by implying he's poor, he knows that already, he did graduate from college. And throwing money in someone's face isn't very nice anyway.

And, just remember, your kid doesn't have to play, this isn't little league. You get over that.

sinton66
11-05-2007, 07:35 AM
Every team has their down years. Sinton hasn't had one for a while. The Pirates will be back sooner or later. It could be next year and maybe even the year after. Playing a strong predistrict schedule should have more positive benefits than negative ones. It all depends on how the team and coaches respond to it. A team can easily let themselves get down by getting blown out of these games, but the coaches should be able to show them what they have to do to get better and compete with good programs.

So far this year, I've seen glimpses of what the offense should be able to do, but haven't managed to execute it properly. That will come with experience. The defense however, has a lot of work to do. There will be almost an entirely new group on the D next year. We'll have to wait and see how that works out.

As far as Sinton's choice of coaches, I think they got the best one they could find. I've met Tom Allen and like him a lot. Whether he's successful at Sinton or not will depend on his overall program and he knows this better than most. It's not uncommon for a new program to take a couple of years to show progress. I'm willing to wait for it.

Ranger354
11-05-2007, 08:20 AM
It was NOT my intention to put anyone down for how much they make or don't make a year. I was not throwing money in anyones face. I take offense to that!

I said that I wouldn't do it for two reasons. Thats it! There are many more, but I just mentioned two.

I know that 99% of these boys have been playing ball since pee wee league. They didn't just step on the field last week and start playing. It is hard for any team to learn a new coaches style and how he calls plays.

Man did I kick a hornets nest or what...............

Johnny Utah
11-05-2007, 10:14 AM
PEE WEE LEAGUE MEANS ZERO!!!! Ranger, I understand your points. Seems to me that Sinton is in a down cycle. Look at Plainview.... storied program, they are 1-8!!! Those things happen!!!

pirate4state
11-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
PEE WEE LEAGUE MEANS ZERO!!!! Ranger, I understand your points. Seems to me that Sinton is in a down cycle. Look at Plainview.... storied program, they are 1-8!!! Those things happen!!!

Don't mess with Pee Wee League and/or their coaches! ROFLMAO!

Sometimes kids just aren't coachable. THAT'S what some people are unwilling to accept! They want to lay the blame on the coaches b/c God forbid we hold these kids accountable for themselves! :rolleyes:

Ranger354
11-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Very True!