11-02-2007, 10:00 AM
perryton vs canyon

canyon very overrated, in perryton, perryton by 7

eagles72
11-02-2007, 10:10 AM
What is Perryton's record again??

Chunkthepill
11-02-2007, 10:22 AM
2-6 with a big win against midland christian. records don't mean anything in a rivalry game

Sweetwater Red
11-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Chunkthepill
2-6 with a big win against midland christian.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

eagles72
11-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Make sure you come back tomorrow and post the score. You are right it is a big rival game, but I think Canyon will be able to pull this one off. See ya there!!

Sweetwater Red
11-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by eagles72
Make sure you come back tomorrow and post the score. You are right it is a big rival game, but I think Canyon will be able to pull this one off. See ya there!!

God forbid one of your players gets hurt but if one does let me
know if Perryton bothers to take a knee or waits until their own
fans start hollering at them to take one.:thinking:

eagles72
11-02-2007, 11:05 AM
What are you rambling about? I know that didn't happen in our game against Sweetwater. :doh:

Sweetwater Red
11-02-2007, 11:09 AM
What are you rambling about? I know that didn't happen in our game against Sweetwater. :doh:

You misunderstood. It happened a few years ago when we
played Perryton in the second round. I meant let me know if
Perryton bothers to take a knee if a CANYON player gets hurt.:doh:

eagles72
11-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Sorry!! My mistake! I really hope we have a game without injuries, especially with what one of the Canyon guys pulled last year! Thank goodness most of the trouble makers graduated.

EaglePop
11-02-2007, 11:13 AM
THE troublemaker graduated!

Sweetwater Red
11-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by EaglePop

I didn't know about this guy. Was he like the NG Wylie had a
few years back? He was good for atleast two personal fouls a
game.

EaglePop
11-02-2007, 11:29 AM
You didn't see the world acclaimed "kneeing incident" that appeared on U-Tube, sport center, local and national news?

Made Canyon look real bad when in reality furthest from the truth!

DUKE22
11-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
You misunderstood. It happened a few years ago when we
played Perryton in the second round. I meant let me know if
Perryton bothers to take a knee if a CANYON player gets hurt.:doh: Is taking a knee when someone gets hurt like an unwritten rule? I wonder who the first team to do that was. I dont think it is bad when a team does not take a knee, that doesnt mean they are happy someone is hurt.

Sweetwater Red
11-02-2007, 11:33 AM
You didn't see the world acclaimed "kneeing incident" that appeared on U-Tube, sport center, local and national news?

Yeah okay. I forgot he was from Canyon. That's one player
though. The Perryton deal was a case of the whole team.

Black_Magic
11-02-2007, 11:35 AM
It is in no way disrespectful to stand when a player is being attended who is hurt. The only time you need to take a knee on the field is to pray. not taking a knee does not mean one thing.

eagles72
11-02-2007, 11:38 AM

I know THE troublemaker graduated, but we had a couple of other ones that thought what he did was hilarious, they were trouble makers too, just wasn't so obvious. Hopefully everyone has gotten past that though. You know the bad thing was that most of the Perryton lumped our whole team in with him, but the majority of the team was disgusted with what he did!!

Sweetwater Red
11-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
It is in no way disrespectful to stand when a player is being attended who is hurt. The only time you need to take a knee on the field is to pray. not taking a knee does not mean one thing.

Other than showing sportsmanship.:rolleyes:

Our QB was on the field knocked out for five or ten minutes. you think taht might have warranted a pray or two?:rolleyes:

Perryton was on their sideline conducting business as usual
until their OWN FANS started hollering "take a knee Rangers"

Curly
11-02-2007, 11:49 AM

WOW something that I agree with...... said by a snyder poster?

anyway

The whole deal of taking a knee when a player gets hurt has got to be one of those pee wee soccer/baseball/mini football deals

and you know why

here is why

Say a mini soccer player under 5 years old gets leg whipped and falls down crying ect... all that goes with that....
In order to take care of the injured child the coaches have to first round up the other rug rats and keep them from running loose, some genius figured out that having the ankle biters take a knee would keep em from going nuts -- and the whole deal has now filtered into the world of High School athletics.
and of course all those wanna be/never was mommies and daddies along with the children they raised are sitting in the stands crying and holloring "Take a Knee Take a Knee you jerks"
when some big hit takes place and some skirt wearing QB gets knocked the H @#$ out and has to be carried off the field
The game of football is a collision sport-- folks admit it you come to see the hits, just like all those folks at a NASCAR race come to see the wrecks..........

Ranger Mom
11-02-2007, 11:59 AM

What was funny....or not so funny, I guess....I knew the kid who got kneed from Perryton, he was originally from Greenwood.

Sweetwater Red
11-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Curly

anyway

The whole deal of taking a knee when a player gets hurt has got to be one of those pee wee soccer/baseball/mini football deals

and you know why

here is why

Say a mini soccer player under 5 years old gets leg whipped and falls down crying ect... all that goes with that....
In order to take care of the injured child the coaches have to first round up the other rug rats and keep them from running loose, some genius figured out that having the ankle biters take a knee would keep em from going nuts -- and the whole deal has now filtered into the world of High School athletics.
and of course all those wanna be/never was mommies and daddies along with the children they raised are sitting in the stands crying and holloring "Take a Knee Take a Knee you jerks"
when some big hit takes place and some skirt wearing QB gets knocked the H @#$ out and has to be carried off the field
The game of football is a collision sport-- folks admit it you come to see the hits, just like all those folks at a NASCAR race come to see the wrecks..........

Okay Kellen Winslow. Thanks for reminding me it's a war not a
game. They're soldiers not high school kids on a football field.

:rolleyes:

eagles72
11-02-2007, 12:06 PM

anyway

and you know why

here is why

Now that had to be one of the most ignorant posts I've seen in a long time!!

Black_Magic
11-02-2007, 12:34 PM
If you get offended because the other team does not take a knee, bow down or what ever then that sounds like a personal problem get over it. what is disrespectful is taunting while the player is hurt.. as far as attending to business as usual that what should happen on the sideline.

srjorge
11-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Perryton may be the most underated 2-6 team in the state. Canyon's schedule has been cake. It will be interesting to see how they handle a power run team that is physical and not afraid to run right at you.Rangers in a close one by 3.

eagles72
11-02-2007, 12:37 PM
I don't get offended when they don't take a knee. But I think the post about the little kids sports was just stupid!!

Black_Magic
11-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by srjorge
Perryton may be the most underated 2-6 team in the state. Canyon's schedule has been cake. It will be interesting to see how they handle a power run team that is physical and not afraid to run right at you.Rangers in a close one by 3. I gotta hear who perryton has been playing if Canyons schedule has been Cake... Who in the heck has Perryton been playing?

Sweetwater Red
11-02-2007, 12:47 PM
If you get offended because the other team does not take a knee, bow down or what ever then that sounds like a personal problem get over it.

No but I can make it personal.:thinking:

Black_Magic
11-02-2007, 12:53 PM
No but I can make it personal.:thinking: That is also something we dont worry about just like hurt feelings.;)

Sweetwater Red
11-02-2007, 12:55 PM
That is also something we dont worry about just like hurt feelings.;)

You didn't give me a chance.:mad:

I'm skinny but you're ugly and I can gain weight. Okay that's all
I got.:devil:

eagles72
11-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Perryton's Schedule

Pampa L 0-29
Canadian L 14-21
Lubbock Roosevelt L 13-20
Stratford L 10-33
Hugoton, KS W 52-14
Dumas L 7-17
Midland Christian W 32-31(this is the one they are boasting about)
Dalhart L 21-28

DUKE22
11-02-2007, 01:07 PM
You didn't give me a chance.:mad:

I'm skinny but you're ugly and I can gain weight. Okay that's all
I got.:devil: You have got to be kidding me. LOL

Black_Magic
11-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Perryton's Schedule

Pampa L 0-29
Canadian L 14-21
Lubbock Roosevelt L 13-20
Stratford L 10-33
Hugoton, KS W 52-14
Dumas L 7-17
Midland Christian W 32-31(this is the one they are boasting about) WOW!!!!!! NOW THAT IS ONE DOOZY OF A SCHEDULE!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: . Didnt pampa narrowly edge out Estacado??.. Lost to Lubbock Roosevelt??? come on...:rolleyes:

eagles72
11-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Canyon's Schedule

Caprock W 20-7
Dumas W 48-41
Seminole W 46-13
Sweetwater L 28-47
Sanford Fritch W 28-14 (not bragging on this one)
Levelland W 56-19
Snyder W 24-21
Borger W 34-0

Not the toughest schedule in the world, but a lot tougher than Perryton's!!

Ranger Mom
11-02-2007, 01:21 PM
I think taking a knee is just a respectful gesture...nothing more, nothing less!

Curly
11-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Now that had to be one of the most ignorant posts I've seen in a long time!!

Whoa Whoa Hoss

you may not like what I posted and that is just fine
you can disagree all you want
and I can have my own opinion

Fact of the matter is we have way too many folks who think that just because a team doesn't "Take a Knee" when a player gets injured then they are disrespecting the hurt player or the other school..
B.S.
The game is played at full speed
injuries are part of the game
Taking a knee do it don't do it --- aint that big of a deal

It's this PC attitude of OHHHH please don't disrespect my child that wears me out

If you don't wanna get little Johnny hurt - keep him off the field of play
Either that are teach him to hit folks first......Deliver the blow
be the sledge hammer and not the nail

As for you -- buy your ticket cheer for your team and don't worry about who is taking a knee.... If you want respect Beat the team you line up against and stop your crying.......

eagles72
11-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I think taking a knee is just a respectful gesture...nothing more, nothing less!

That is what I think.

Black_Magic
11-02-2007, 01:24 PM
I think taking a knee is just a respectful gesture...nothing more, nothing less! thats fine. I dont think anyone has a problem with that at all. one another note not taking one is not disrespectful in any way. if one takes it that way then they do so in error.

Ranger Mom
11-02-2007, 01:26 PM
thats fine. I dont think anyone has a problem with that at all. one another note not taking one is not disrespectful in any way. if one takes it that way then they do so in error.

Not that I want anyone to get hurt...but I would think the guys on the field would like to take a knee....take a breather...get a drink...etc.

eagles72
11-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Whoa Whoa Hoss

you may not like what I posted and that is just fine
you can disagree all you want
and I can have my own opinion

Fact of the matter is we have way too many folks who think that just because a team doesn't "Take a Knee" when a player gets injured then they are disrespecting the hurt player or the other school..
B.S.
The game is played at full speed
injuries are part of the game
Taking a knee do it don't do it --- aint that big of a deal

It's this PC attitude of OHHHH please don't disrespect my child that wears me out

If you don't wanna get little Johnny hurt - keep him off the field of play
Either that are teach him to hit folks first......Deliver the blow
be the sledge hammer and not the nail

As for you -- buy your ticket cheer for your team and don't worry about who is taking a knee.... If you want respect Beat the team you line up against and stop your crying.......

Yes Sir!!

Black_Magic
11-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Not that I want anyone to get hurt...but I would think the guys on the field would like to take a knee....take a breather...get a drink...etc. Oh Im sure SOME would love to do that for just about any reason we could come up with.

Curly
11-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Yes Sir!!

Best answer you had all day

eagles72
11-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Best answer you had all day

Oh, and it was meant for you sir!! Thanks

Curly
11-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Oh, and it was meant for you sir!! Thanks

at least you know how to address your betters

don't be late for that little leauge coaches meeting this weekend

Butkus
11-02-2007, 01:33 PM

don't be late for that little leauge coaches meeting this weekend Durn it Curly y is it that u hafta bee stirin up trouble. Thats jus tha way ur side of tha fambly has always ben.

Sweetwater Red
11-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Canyon's Schedule

Sweetwater L 28-47
Snyder W 24-21

:D :D :D

Black_Magic
11-02-2007, 01:36 PM

don't be late for that little leauge coaches meeting this weekend Strong words!! I would not let him say that about me!
http://sports.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0206/pga_w_dobler_275.jpg
CONRAD DOBLER

Butkus
11-02-2007, 01:38 PM

don't be late for that little leauge coaches meeting this weekend Sides that Curly ole DaHop and ole blackie gots ta do that little dribblin afor anyone can play little league.:D

Curly
11-02-2007, 01:45 PM
yeah I forgot you guys and Bubba coach that small basketball team
bet you don't take no knees on that basketball court when someone gets a 5th foul and has to leave the game

Boo Hoo momma I fouled out, they were mean to me and called a foul on me
and I still wanna play Boo Hoo..........

eagles72
11-02-2007, 01:48 PM
I have no respect for someone named curly or whatever, just trying to make him feel good about himself, maybe make him think he is important or something (not)!!

eagles72
11-02-2007, 01:50 PM

don't be late for that little leauge coaches meeting this weekend

I probably won't be there, could you please let them know, since you never miss a meeting!!:D

Ranger Mom
11-02-2007, 01:50 PM
yeah I forgot you guys and Bubba coach that small basketball team
bet you don't take no knees on that basketball court when someone gets a 5th foul and has to leave the game

Boo Hoo momma I fouled out, they were mean to me and called a foul on me
and I still wanna play Boo Hoo..........

I worry about you sometimes!:)

Black_Magic
11-02-2007, 01:53 PM
I have no respect for someone named curly or whatever, just trying to make him feel good about himself, maybe make him think he is important or something (not)!! Kick his ____ Seabass!!

Curly
11-02-2007, 01:58 PM
I have no respect for someone named curly or whatever, just trying to make him feel good about himself, maybe make him think he is important or something (not)!!

Go cry somewhere else

Canyon fans are the most overrated fans in the panhandle

never get past round 3 anyway

good thing the girls basketball can give you fans something to cheer about without crying foul foul foul....

eagles72
11-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Go cry somewhere else

Canyon fans are the most overrated fans in the panhandle

never get past round 3 anyway

good thing the girls basketball can give you fans something to cheer about without crying foul foul foul....

Oh my, did I hit a nerve??? Oops, Check your books again, we made it to the semi finals last year.

Butkus
11-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Oh my, did I hit a nerve??? Oops, Check your books again, we made it to the semi finals last year. Trust ole Butkus u didnt hit a nerve. Curly is Bubba Joe Stang Red an my cousin he gots no feelins.:rolleyes:

Butkus
11-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Yeah okay. I forgot he was from Canyon. That's one player
though. The Perryton deal was a case of the whole team. Ole Sweetwater Red i dont think that u would have that problum with perryton now. I dont think that Huggs would put up with it.

Ranger Mom
11-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
Trust ole Butkus u didnt hit a nerve. Curly is Bubba Joe Stang Red an my cousin he gots no feelins.:rolleyes:

Well, you were perfectly respectful when I met you......except for that crotch scratching!!

Sweetwater Red
11-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Well, you were perfectly respectful when I met you......except for that crotch scratching!!

Scratching or adjusting? There's a difference.:thinking::D

Ranger Mom
11-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Scratching or adjusting? There's a difference.:thinking::D

I'm not real sure actually. I didn't wanna stare!!:eek:

Sweetwater Red
11-02-2007, 03:04 PM
I'm not real sure actually. I didn't wanna stare!!:eek:

nm

Ranger Mom
11-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Didn't want to stare or didn't want to get caught staring?:thinking:

I know there's nothing more embarassing then walking behind
a woman and they turn around real fast.:doh:

Walk behind?? We were face to face..... He just talked and scratched like he didn't have a care in the world!!!

Curly
11-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Dang Butkus you got no manners at all
thought Aunt Wilma raised you boys better than that

and they say Stang and Bubba are the uncooth brothers......

Stownhorse
11-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Perryton may be the most underated 2-6 team in the state. Canyon's schedule has been cake. It will be interesting to see how they handle a power run team that is physical and not afraid to run right at you.Rangers in a close one by 3.

Whats so cake about Perrytons? What good teams do yall play from way up in canada? Ive never heard of any that fer north.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-03-2007, 12:33 AM

Unfortunately, Canyon's cake doesn't taste like CROW!

Canyon 42 Perryton 21