PDA

View Full Version : Aggie Fans Only

Darren
11-02-2007, 07:23 AM
This is for Aggie Fans Only to vote on.

I asked 3 Aggie fans would you rather lose every game all season long and then beat Texas at the end of the year.

Or would you rather win every game but the game against Texas and make it into a big bowl game.

2 out of the 3 Aggie Fans said that the would rather beat Texas whats your opinion?

rundoe
11-02-2007, 07:30 AM
I think neither of those. but will get back to you.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-02-2007, 07:43 AM
While we would rather not lose at all, I would rather lose to Texas and make a great bowl game and possibly win the Big XII South than to lose every game and win just one. I'm willing to stake my reputation on the fact that 99% of the guys in the locker room feel exactly the same way that I do, because we're in it for the Championships in the longrun. That's what we talk about every week and that's what we work for, not for Texas, so I don't care what any other over-zealous Aggie fans say, we play to win every game, not just against Texas, and I'm one of the few people who can actually say we and mean us.

Darren
11-02-2007, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
While we would rather not lose at all, I would rather lose to Texas and make a great bowl game and possibly win the Big XII South than to lose every game and win just one. I'm willing to stake my reputation on the fact that 99% of the guys in the locker room feel exactly the same way that I do, because we're in it for the Championships in the longrun. That's what we talk about every week and that's what we work for, not for Texas, so I don't care what any other over-zealous Aggie fans say, we play to win every game, not just against Texas, and I'm one of the few people who can actually say we and mean us.

I agree with you. Thats why I was so taken back when I heard from these fans that they would rather beat Texas. The thing is that these guys that I asked are super Aggie fans. They are at every game, they tailgate at every game they attend every Aggie function possible. It was just suprizing to me.

You would have a chance of making a BCS Bowl with one loss. I understand wanting to beat Texas but to me you would look more at the overall picture than just one game.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Darren
I agree with you. Thats why I was so taken back when I heard from these fans that they would rather beat Texas. The thing is that these guys that I asked are super Aggie fans. They are at every game, they tailgate at every game they attend every Aggie function possible. It was just suprizing to me.

You would have a chance of making a BCS Bowl with one loss. I understand wanting to beat Texas but to me you would look more at the overall picture than just one game.

Yeah, but they're not the ones who are putting in all of the work, we are, and instead of being blinded by hatred they should want what is best for us as a team. That is what a true Aggie fan would do in my opinion. I feel sorry for the people that feel this way, I really do, and I hope the people that picked the one win over Texas were just Longhorn fans trying to make the Aggies look pathetic, because if someone actually feels that way, then in my opinion that is what they are. Put yourself in the shoes of one of us players and go through a day in our lives and your perspective will change completely.

3afan
11-02-2007, 07:56 AM
IMO those overzealous beat-Texas-at-all-cost fans really hurt the aTm image ...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-02-2007, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
IMO those overzealous beat-Texas-at-all-cost fans really hurt the aTm image ...

I share the same sentiments. I used to dislike Texas, but once I joined the team and saw what it took to be a collegiate athlete, I have a lot of respect for all college teams and athletes. I'm not saying that I'm going to support the Longhorns or anything like that, but I'm not going to disrespect them either, and I may talk trash from time to time, but only in the spirit of fun and rivalry.

Darren
11-02-2007, 08:07 AM
IF you vote please Comment on why you feel that way.

Old Tiger
11-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
While we would rather not lose at all, I would rather lose to Texas and make a great bowl game and possibly win the Big XII South than to lose every game and win just one. I'm willing to stake my reputation on the fact that 99% of the guys in the locker room feel exactly the same way that I do, because we're in it for the Championships in the longrun. That's what we talk about every week and that's what we work for, not for Texas, so I don't care what any other over-zealous Aggie fans say, we play to win every game, not just against Texas, and I'm one of the few people who can actually say we and mean us. Of course the players fill that way but it's the idiotic fans that make it seem as if beating Texas is all that matters.

Also the sad thing is this poll is tied at 4

Darren
11-02-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Also the sad thing is this poll is tied at 4

Agreed... Very Strange thought process if you ask me...

big daddy russ
11-02-2007, 08:44 AM
I think everyone on here knows my feelings on the subject of college football rivalries. If I cared more about the whole of the season rather than passion that goes into it, I'd still be an NFL fan.

A&M's my second team to Auburn, and right now, Auburn's playing for a lot more than the Ags. I can guarantee you that if you posed this question to any Auburn fan you'd get the same response. Personally, I'd much rather beat those rednecks up in Tuscaloosa, wind up 7-5, and go to Liberty Bowl or Independence Bowl than win out except for Bama, find ourselves by some miracle in the SEC Championship, and go to the Sugar Bowl.

The whole reason I get into college athletics over high school and the pros is because of the passion. High school fans are fickle and are rarely loud while NFL fans, while loud (usually because you have 65k drunks in one spot), don't come close to sharing the passion that college fans do.

Feel free to disagree, but that's the one thing that the NCAA can honestly rest their laurels on. All this junk about "passion for the game" among the players is just that---junk. I've known and I still know a few NFL players, and their passion for football is just as high, if not higher, than college players. But the passion of the fans, the intense rivalries it creates (notice I said intense, not just heated), and the atmosphere you find is unparralleled in any other sport except soccer.

Darren
11-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I think everyone on here knows my feelings on the subject of college football rivalries. If I cared more about the whole of the season rather than passion that goes into it, I'd still be an NFL fan.

A&M's my second team to Auburn, and right now, Auburn's playing for a lot more than the Ags. I can guarantee you that if you posed this question to any Auburn fan you'd get the same response. Personally, I'd much rather beat those rednecks up in Tuscaloosa, wind up 7-5, and go to Liberty Bowl or Independence Bowl than win out except for Bama, find ourselves by some miracle in the SEC Championship, and go to the Sugar Bowl.

The whole reason I get into college athletics over high school and the pros is because of the passion. High school fans are fickle and are rarely loud while NFL fans, while loud (usually because you have 65k drunks in one spot), don't come close to sharing the passion that college fans do.

Feel free to disagree, but that's the one thing that the NCAA can honestly rest their laurels on. All this junk about "passion for the game" among the players is just that---junk. I've known and I still know a few NFL players, and their passion for football is just as high, if not higher, than college players.

But the question is only one win against the rival and no bowl game.

Or win all games with the exception of the rivalry game and get into a good bowl game.

big daddy russ
11-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Darren
But the question is only one win against the rival and no bowl game.

Or win all games with the exception of the rivalry game and get into a good bowl game.
Tough question. I'd probably go with the 11-1 season just so that extreme passion with the fan base doesn't die out, but that one loss stings more than the 11 others combined.

But how about this for a scenario: you go undefeated in the toughest conference in the nation AND win against your rival, then watch the rest of the league beat up on each other, then watch the trendy preseason top teams fall to 9-3 or 8-4 because of that week-in, week-out beating, then get snuffed from the NC. Now that would suck, wouldn't it?

JJ7997
11-02-2007, 12:15 PM
To heck with Texas, a BCS bowl game would be much better. As for this season, beating Texas will just be a great way to end things.

State_In_08
11-02-2007, 02:03 PM
I'd rather lose to just Texas and have a chance at a BCS bowl and winning the Big XII than just beating Texas.

We'd be in the Top 10 right now in the BCS standings if we had not lost at all so far this year.

crzyjournalist03
11-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by State_In_08
We'd be in the Top 10 right now in the BCS standings if we had not lost at all so far this year.

And the same could be said of UNT...

Darren
11-02-2007, 02:26 PM
I'd rather lose to just Texas and have a chance at a BCS bowl and winning the Big XII than just beating Texas.

My point exactly.... Hell I'd bet that we would be top 3 if we didn't have any loses. And if ITS and BUTS were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.

I just don't understand the obsession with beating just one team.

Darren
11-02-2007, 02:26 PM
I am Glad to see that 60 percent of the people are getting it right.

sabre1
11-02-2007, 02:27 PM
just trying something

Darren
11-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by sabre1
just trying something

Guess it didn't work?

g$$
11-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Happened in 1998. Lost to Texas in Austin in a great game, but beat Kansas St. for Big 12 Title. Then went to BCS Sugar Bowl & lost 24-14 to Ohio St.

Personally, I hate Texas but value the entire season (body of work) more. So normally I would favor that direction. It's tough though in my family of mainly Horns & wannabes too.

This year, Fran is toast & we are not going anywhere except maybe a bad bowl game. So I would like to rise up & beat Texas, then fire Fran anyway. He has not worked out on many levels.

Hope that answers it.

BobcatBenny
11-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by g$$
. . . This year, Fran is toast & we are not going anywhere except maybe a bad bowl game. So I would like to rise up & beat Texas, then fire Fran anyway. He has not worked out on many levels.

Hope that answers it.
I hope the Aggies win out so that Tech gets to beat the Aggies next season again in College Station. Fran is y'alls man! :D

lepfan
11-03-2007, 07:36 PM

You would think all fans would want that. But, there are too many Ag fans who are so engulfed in the Beat Texas mumbo jumbo they would sell their soul to the devil for a win against Texas. Why can't those fans just focus on winning against ALL teams....not just one win against Texas! :rolleyes: