PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watching Suns @ Sonics?

kepdawg
11-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Just wondering how Durant is doing

Big Papa
11-01-2007, 10:41 PM
i think he has like 16 right now...but i dont have anystats

big daddy russ
11-01-2007, 11:16 PM
I've been in and out of the game. Doing a paper right now, but the game's on the TV behind me.

Last I checked he had 18, but that may have changed. Kid's been rocking the Suns all night, and I don't know if he's come off the floor yet. Everytime I glance at the tube he's there.

Bull Butter
11-01-2007, 11:25 PM
If the Suns lose, Amare and the coach will whine about something. You can put money on it.

big daddy russ
11-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Just went to a commercial, but Durant's leading all scorers with 22 right now in the third.

Anyone know who the youngest player to ever score 30 is? I think it's either LeBron or Melo, but I'm not exactly sure. I know Durant's still 18.

big daddy russ
11-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Just went to ESPN to check out his line. He has 27 with 5 rebounds right now... and the Sonics started him at two guard!

Also has four turnovers, but what that's not too terribly bad from an 18-year-old playing this tempo.

JR2004
11-02-2007, 12:06 AM
That number 35 for Seattle seems to be a fairly good player.

big daddy russ
11-02-2007, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
That number 35 for Seattle seems to be a fairly good player.
Yes sir. He scores 27 in his second NBA game as an 18-year-old rookie to go along with five rebounds, but the most telling stat IMO is that he played 39 minutes.

JR2004
11-02-2007, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Yes sir. He scores 27 in his second NBA game as an 18-year-old rookie to go along with five rebounds, but the most telling stat IMO is that he played 39 minutes.

I only caught the 2nd half because I was at a game tonight, but Durant shot the ball really well. Chuck and Kenny are right. He really just needs to get in the weight room so his body can withstand the rigors of an 82 game season.

Kenny was on point about him. If it's a battle of skill then Durant is going to win more often than not in a 1 on 1 matchup. But if it gets physical he's going to have problems and his body won't be able to hold up due to being the guy taking the most shots for Seattle for 82 games.

VERY, VERY impressive second game though. I'd trade Kobe, Wilt's ghost, the Laker Girls and Jack to have Durant in the Purple and Gold. Well maybe not Jack. He's untouchable!

big daddy russ
11-02-2007, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
I only caught the 2nd half because I was at a game tonight, but Durant shot the ball really well. Chuck and Kenny are right. He really just needs to get in the weight room so his body can withstand the rigors of an 82 game season.

Kenny was on point about him. If it's a battle of skill then Durant is going to win more often than not in a 1 on 1 matchup. But if it gets physical he's going to have problems and his body won't be able to hold up due to being the guy taking the most shots for Seattle for 82 games.

VERY, VERY impressive second game though. I'd trade Kobe, Wilt's ghost, the Laker Girls and Jack to have Durant in the Purple and Gold. Well maybe not Jack. He's untouchable!
Haha. He's a 6'10" 18-year-old. Unless your name is LeBron James, it's a law of physics that all teenage basketball players 6'6" and up are skinny as all get out. LOL.

Remember what KG looked like when he came into the league? And KG wasn't this good. Durant actually has the skill to be an everyday contributor on the outside. KG just had marginal outside skills and had to wait for his frame to catch up to his skills before he became the player he is today.